Houston Rockets items for Tuesday, October 16th
- First and foremost, I’m looking for a few new contributors to lighten the load this year. Specifically, I’d like someone who is interested in writing postgame recaps as I’m afraid my own schedule might serve prohibitive. But if there’s anything else you think you can bring, let me know. Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with a writing sample attached. I’ll re-post this until the opener.
- I’m beyond frustrated right now with the television situation but I’ll hold my tongue. The problem is, I don’t see how this is going to be resolved any time soon. If you read Red94, you’re one of a very small percentage of people who actually still care about the Rockets. Without any sort of leverage–in combination with the fact that none of the major carriers have budged–CSN is going to have to budge on its demands. If this isn’t resolved by the opener, this will reflect poorly….but if a tree falls in the forest…well, you get my drift.
- I’m loving this team right now and I realize how absurd that sounds given the expected record. But its exciting watching the development of numerous young players. Typically, on a team, you only have one or two young guys who you watch closely to see if they can adjust. But this team has 6 or 7 of those types, even Asik who is playing major minutes for the first time in his career.
- I’m really hoping no one is sent to the D-League this time. This is the year to let these guys learn. Even if it costs wins. Though I have a hunch Royce White will spend time down there.
- Kevin McHale’s comments about Asik after Sunday’s loss were pretty interesting: he essentially said that the big man doesn’t make mistakes and that “if he did, he wouldn’t have been playing in the ECF.”
- We’ll need to start a thread somewhere tracking the progress of the Toronto Raptors.
- Motiejunas looks like he can be a guy who will average 20ppg at some point in his career. He can shoot, post-up, and drive in off the pumpfake. We’ll see how he fares defensively.
- Lamb as well, despite his recent struggles, can also average 20ppg at some point. He reminds me of a Kevin Martin but with better handles, looking for that mid-range pullup. That’s something which is unique – most of these young wings these days usually are only thinking 3 pointer or drive. If you just make use of the middle area, you can really put up a lot of points from that closer distance.
- I said I thought the Rockets could win 35 games. Most of you responded that you thought they’d win somewhere in the 20′s. Why so low? I think Asik alone will keep the team from being putrid. But I could be wrong – they’ve looked downright awful at times offensively.
- Right now, Asik, Jones, Motiejunas, and Lamb are already looking like solid building blocks. Is it safe to say at least one of Morris/White will pan out? So that’s five young building blocks. Then throw in Lin. If you add two lottery picks next year (by way of Toronto), you’re looking at, potentially, a team with seven young building blocks.
- I think the ideal scenario would be the one where Toronto lands at 4th, and Houston, as a team is bad, but sees its young pieces develop and gain confidence. Then, next summer, add the two lottery picks, and also sign some veterans for guidance.
View this discussion from the forum.
This entry was posted in notebook
. Bookmark the permalink
. or leave a trackback: Trackback URL
You will be prompted to login with your forum username. Please login and return to this page to leave a comment.