Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:50 AM) they were down big and won the 4th 33-9 so rediculus
@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:50 AM) I wished the lakers wouldn't have made that comeback
@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:49 AM) I don't think he does it well. that just what I've see when he is on the floor.
@  2016Champions : (07 March 2013 - 04:48 AM) Thomas Robinson can set screens..
@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:47 AM) so its a coaching mistake imo not to have the right people on the floor
@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:46 AM) he can go p&r but its hard with that personel
@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:46 AM) haha no but he had to iso based on the people on the floor
@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:46 AM) obviously they do more, I'm just saying that the 4th quarter with the people they had on, iso is the best way for Harden to score
@  2016Champions : (07 March 2013 - 04:45 AM) In an iso there are no screens lol
@  2016Champions : (07 March 2013 - 04:45 AM) You just said he has to iso, but Asik or Dmo has to be on the floor because they set good screens?
@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:44 AM) I just think it was a mistake but the coaching staff to leave Lin and Asik on the floor.
@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:43 AM) but when you have beverley, robinson, parsons on teh floor, there is no one else to set the pick,
@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:42 AM) but thats why Asik or Dmo needs to be on the floor tehy are the only rckets that sets good screens.
@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:42 AM) or Jordean
@  2016Champions : (07 March 2013 - 04:41 AM) I love Harden, but he's not Lebron James.
@  2016Champions : (07 March 2013 - 04:41 AM) It's amazing how many people don't realize how ineffective isos are, unless ofcourse your name is Lebron James.
@  2016Champions : (07 March 2013 - 04:40 AM) Harden scores 35% of the time when he iso's, but he makes 50% of his shots when he runs the PnR... so why does he have to iso? So he can miss more?
@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:37 AM) Harden has to iso.
@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:37 AM) at the end of the game, the people on the floor, who can run an offense?
@  thenit : (07 March 2013 - 04:36 AM) COach of the year Mchale does it again

Photo

Which Rockets Players Have the Best Contracts?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

New post: Which Rockets Players Have the Best Contracts?

#2 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 215 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Very nice, interesting read...particularly the part about Asik being valued appropriately (in the context of the metric). Most would say he is underpaid, but I guess that takes into account how the league in general "overpays" certain players...especially big men...relative to the value they return. 

#3 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 82 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Morey said himself, the amount he got Asik for was an incredible bargain. Here's an old but cool article with video clips that does a pretty good job of explaining why Asik's defense is so good.

#4 UBK

UBK

• Members
      • Pip
      • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

"In simple terms, I looked at the ratio of a player’s salary vs. the median salary compared with the ratio of his win shares vs. median win shares" I think you mean "... compared with win shares" Also, is there any reason not just to look at win shares per salary? Looking first at the ratio of salary to median salary is just a scaling factor and makes the essential info sound more complicated than it actually is.

#5 UBK

UBK

• Members
        • Pip
        • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

Never mind my last comment. The numbers weren't making sense from your short description but then I looked at the orignal article and saw it was based on last 3 seasons and you want scaling to be 1 for comparison. It is strange though how lower ratios are better and better but then a negative ratio is terrible. If you instead did the ratio the other way so that higher numbers are better the negative numbers would fall more naturally into place.

#6 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 212 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Morris wasn't traded for Robinson, Aldrich was. Morris was traded to clear up minutes for D-Mo and the newly aquired Robinson. I'm waiting to see which two players Morey is able to draft with his two second rounders he aquired from the two trades.

#7 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 215 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

Wait, I thought we only ended up getting one second round pick? PHX's.

#8 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 82 posts
              • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

We got Sacramento's 2nd round pick too in the T-Rob trade. What a rape lol

#9 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 215 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Hm, I don't think so. I got confused too when the trade was first reported, because it was so damned ambiguous what we were getting from who. But in the post-T-Rob trade interview, Morey made it sound like we only had one 2nd rounder. I'm pretty sure in fact that we only got PHX's 2nd rounder. Seems confirmed on realgm. Anyone able to link where it explicitly says we have Sac's as well?

#10 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 82 posts
                • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

I've read quite a few sources that say there was a 2nd round pick in the deal, here's one of them: http://bleacherrepor...lti-player-deal

#11 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 251 posts
                • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

It's only one 2nd rounder from Phoenix. Since the trades happened so close together, they reported both deals as one rather than the two separate deals that it was.

Why so Serious? :D

#12 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                • 877 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

I've read quite a few sources that say there was a 2nd round pick in the deal, here's one of them: http://bleacherrepor...lti-player-deal

Just as a general rule, anything you find on Bleacher Report needs to be confirmed by a reputable source as well(cbs, yahoo, espn, etc).  They spit out rumors and incorrect facts far too often to be considered a reliable source.

Have a Twitter? Post your info here and have it added to gain more followers and faster Rockets and Red94 news.
                  http://www.red94.net...ic/310-twitter/

#13 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 483 posts
                  • LocationAustin

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

Here's a link to the Rocket's transactions page on ESPN

#14 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 215 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

Right, so confirmed, one 2nd rounder only, prob early 30's. I think Morey will work his magic haha.

#15 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 212 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Ok. So we only have to root against the suns and not the suns and kings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users