Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  phaketrash : (05 March 2013 - 03:04 PM) I agree, though for different reasons, watching HOU vs. SA or OKC would be intense! haha
@  Alituro : (05 March 2013 - 02:26 PM) The key is to actually land the 6th seed first.. Clippers & the Grizz give us our best chance in the first round.. We don't stand a chance against Spurs and Thunder, unless of course Parker doesn't make it back
@  timetodienow... : (05 March 2013 - 02:02 PM) I'd much rather play the Griz. Their defense is tough, but with DMo keeping ZBo away from the rim, it's not going to be as stingy.
@  2016Champions : (05 March 2013 - 04:40 AM) Or we might play the Clippers but the Grizz have a tougher schedule coming up. Clippers seem to play pretty well against the Rockets :(
@  2016Champions : (05 March 2013 - 04:27 AM) I'm pretty confident we will get the 6th seed and play the Grizz who will end up with the 3rd seed. I don't think the Grizz can run with us so we might actually have a chance to get out the 1st round!
@  DrewinAbilene : (05 March 2013 - 04:02 AM) Glad to see the Jazz fall tonight. We're now holding down the seventh seed!
@  2016Champions : (04 March 2013 - 02:28 AM) True, his skills and fundamentals need some polishing up.
@  timetodienow... : (04 March 2013 - 02:28 AM) I'm out guys. I have a governmental accounting test tomorrow. The government likes to be complicated for some reason.
@  timetodienow... : (04 March 2013 - 02:26 AM) He is tall and long. But sometimes he forgets to box out and just tries to use his arms to get the board.
@  2016Champions : (04 March 2013 - 02:24 AM) He has shown good instincts at times when it comes to boxing out, and it doesn't hurt that he's 7 feet tall.
@  2016Champions : (04 March 2013 - 02:23 AM) I'm not that suprised, I think he can be a decent rebounder. Better than guys like Bosh and Dirk, although that's not saying much lol
@  timetodienow... : (04 March 2013 - 02:23 AM) I'm surprised that DMo's rebounded as well as he has tonight.
@  timetodienow... : (04 March 2013 - 02:21 AM) Maybe that was a bit strong.
@  2016Champions : (04 March 2013 - 02:20 AM) We do need a stopper, but I wouldn't call Harden a defensive liability.
@  timetodienow... : (04 March 2013 - 02:14 AM) Peace, thenit.
@  timetodienow... : (04 March 2013 - 02:12 AM) His defense isn't poor, but we need a good defensive wing because of Harden's liabilities.
@  timetodienow... : (04 March 2013 - 02:12 AM) What he needs to work on in the offseason is 1)Defense, 2)FT%, 3)Everything else is above average. He just needs to continue what he's been doing.
@  2016Champions : (04 March 2013 - 02:11 AM) peace.
@  thenit : (04 March 2013 - 02:10 AM) heading out , peace
@  thenit : (04 March 2013 - 02:10 AM) gg nice chatting with u guys

Photo

Dallas Mavericks @ Houston Rockets on 3/3/2013

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

New post: Dallas Mavericks @ Houston Rockets on 3/3/2013

#2 JSosa13

JSosa13

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

I think Brooks will fit in just fine, he can put up some points in a hurry. I can see him in a lineup with Harden and Delfino where Harden drives in draws a double team and kicks it back out to either Brooks or Delfino for the open three. Will he want to play limited minutes though?

#3 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 188 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

I think Brooks will fit in just fine, he can put up some points in a hurry. I can see him in a lineup with Harden and Delfino where Harden drives in draws a double team and kicks it back out to either Brooks or Delfino for the open three. Will he want to play limited minutes though?

He will be the third PG getting limited minutes. He left Sac town because he had become the 4th PG who was relegated to the inactive list. But as a spot up shooter off of Hardin's pick and rolls will be his best asset, while he still is quick himself and can round of a pick and get to the hole, opening a shot for himself or others.

#4 Adi1008

Adi1008

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

How do you think Brooks will do as a shooting guard? A few years ago, when he was still a Rocket, he was an excellent shooter who could consistently rack up 20 points per game. I can see games/plays in which Lin drives, then kicks it out to Brooks for a three. In addition, Brooks could be similar to Harden in which he could facilitate the offense as well. While I like Lin to be the primary point guard (because that is when the Rockets are at their best), I think it could work.

#5 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 188 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

The best player for the Rockets the first half was Rick Carlise when he took out Mike James.

#6 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 234 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

I think brooks becomes essentially the backup SG if he can shoot well.

#7 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 234 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

Parsons is on fire tonight 10-10 so far

#8 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 188 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

I think brooks becomes essentially the backup SG if he can shoot well.

Garcia has 8 points. Plus he is at least average on defense.

#9 Stephen

Stephen

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 223 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

Obviously McHale hates Jeremy Lin and shows it by not playing Lin in the 4Q ;) Hmmm,Chandler has a good game back home in Orlando,then has a great game w/McGrady in the house,who was tearing it up in Orlando as Chandler started to play ball.

#10 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 40 posts
                    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

McHale might hate Lin, but resting your starters during blowouts is common practice.

#11 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 188 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

McHale might hate Lin, but resting your starters during blowouts is common practice.

Stefen knows this. That was the reason for his wink imotion. ;) = a wink.

#12 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
                      • 270 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

New post: Houston Rockets 136, Dallas Mavericks 103: Rockets Race past Mavs in Tremendous Third Quarter

#13 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
                        • 840 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

Wow.  Chandler Parsons.  What a f****** bargain.  

Thomas Robinson also showing he has a pulse.  

#14 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 188 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

Glad Morey has the bird rights to Parsons in three off seasons from now.

#15 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 457 posts
                            • LocationAustin

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

It's going to be tough to retain him, but I feel like he is a priority signing.  Really, is there a single team in the NBA that wouldn't want him on their roster? 

#16 Alituro

Alituro

Advanced Member

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 194 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Well we got 16 boards from the 4-spot last night, about 10 more than we used to. Watching Robinson, though, you could tell he's still got a lot of adjustments to make until he learns the offensive system. He was a one man wrecking ball. Once he gets acclimated he should be able to produce. 

#17 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
                              • PipPipPip
                              • 50 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

D-Mo and Robinson combo is superior to Morris and 2pat in rebounding. There are a little better but way more upside both defensively and offensively. Great game by every single rocket who played. Delfino was the only one who was cold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users