#2 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 360 posts
    • LocationAustin

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

You're spot on. D-Mo is so good offensively it almost negates how bad his defense currently is--almost. I almost think playing him on the wings might be better for a while. his speed and length would make it tough to get by him, and if we put Smith and Asik behind him then we're pretty solid. Plus, don't you think he could post up about every SF in the league not named Lebron or Carmelo with ease?

#3 cdhthegreat

cdhthegreat

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

His defense is very suspect at this point. He doesn't move his feet well enough on the defensive end to keep up with more agile bigs and he doesn't have the bulk to handle the bigger guys. His offense is promising though and with Asik manning the middle we may be able to cover him up a bit.

#4 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
      • 815 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

A few other things:

1) McHale's recent comments on Motiejunas are very encouraging. He said that he has been playing very well in practice and will get more time.

2) I think the defense is one of those things where he just has to get out there and adjust to the speed of the game. He won't get better sitting on the bench. Fortunately it seems McHale is willing to give him reps.

#5 Jeby

Jeby

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 112 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Although he'll never be a dominant shot-blocker, D-Mo drew at least one charge last night with his quick feet. I think that was the most encouraging sign for him defensively--he has the speed to get to the right spot. Once he gets comfortable with the rotations, I think he could be passable as a help defender a la Jared Jeffries. He still doesn't have the strength to handle big post players, but I wouldn't worry about that for two reasons: 1) bruising post players are a dying breed, and 2) virtually no rookie bigs have that strength anyways, and it doesn't really hurt their stock (looking at you, Anthony Davis. Wait--where'd you go? Oh. You turned sideways). I would really love to see him playing next to Robinson with T-Rob in a Ben Wallace role. I think they could be like a bench (read: poor man's) version of Ben and Sheed.

#6 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 157 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

That's like the difference between a beggar and a billionaire.

#7 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
            • 245 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

New post: Motiejunas shines in second half stint

#8 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 619 posts
              • Locationhouston

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

thomas robinson has his work cut out because d-mo is looking like the starter we have been looking for B)

#9 arnold p

arnold p

• Members
              • Pip
              • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

I agree his defense is an issue but looks like rebounding is no longer a real problem. He did some good blocking out last night but the more impressive thing I saw was they way he used his quickness to save the ball twice and to get his hand on ball to keep in play. With the quickness he show the defense will come with more playing time.

#10 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 133 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

rockets best fan, on 24 February 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

thomas robinson has his work cut out because d-mo is looking like the starter we have been looking for B)/>

Compation breeds excellence.

#11 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 619 posts
                  • Locationhouston

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

after watching d-mo last night I don't want to be to quick, but who were those guys we traded again :lol: just kidding I wish those guys well especially ppat and mm. they gave us some good monents. now back to d-mo. depending how he responds the last part of this season I think we might put that PF aqusition on hold :lol: I know some of the posters here have been calling for this a long time, but I told you we needed to be patient. we have good PFs. they just need PT. obtaining t-rob and already having d-mo and t-jones I think we are set there.......oh and there is another guy, but can't seem to remember his name royce something :lol: it might be time for us to start looking at some other positions to upgrade instead of PF. I really liked the passion I saw in d-mo last night. this guy is ready. lets unleash him

#12 DaDakota

DaDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 155 posts
                  • LocationAustin

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Glad to see my man DMo getting some love.

He has skills for sure, just needs time on the floor to find his way.

DD

#13 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 296 posts
                  • LocationSixth Mount from East to West

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

You want to know what is the best way to address the rebounding issue? Get the guys throw 3's in practice and get Motie to box out Asik until he can out-rebound him....if you can box out Omer, you can do it with most players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users