Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  SadLakerFan : (22 May 2015 - 04:01 PM) Gotta disagree. You would be taking the ball out of your best (by far) player's hands when the defense is on its heels. A timeout would allow the best defense in the NBA to prepare for the inbounds play - you might never even get it to Harden. As for Harden, I watched it again a few times - he's got to take that shot at 4.0 seconds. He'll learn. I see this as his coming out game. The whole nation knows how good he is now.
@  txtdo1411 : (22 May 2015 - 02:45 PM) Agreed Majik. It's hindsight and everything happened so quick, but that would have been huge. I also feel Harden takes that first stepback if Barnes didn't do that fly by from behind. Just an unfortunate ending to a great game. We'll get them back in Houston.
@  majik19 : (22 May 2015 - 02:21 PM) I feel like McHale or someone should have taken a timeout as soon as Harden got double-teamed. Then we could've drawn something up for him.
@  SadLakerFan : (22 May 2015 - 06:37 AM) McHale made the right call - no time out against the best 1/2 court defense in the NBA. In retrospect, you wish Harden had taken the step back.
@  Mario Peña : (22 May 2015 - 04:53 AM) The 5 always trails and always gets the ball as he crosses half court, I believe it was kind of a habit pass. Harden should have just decisively gone right initially and Ariza probably would have had an open corner three. Harden and co. are still learning.
@  cointurtlemoose : (22 May 2015 - 03:54 AM) Maybe it didn't register in the split-second decision that it was Howard trailing. If it's anyone other than Howard, one of Curry/Thompson peels off to cover the trailer, and Harden gets his one on one back
@  JY86er : (22 May 2015 - 03:41 AM) Oh well, Guys. We got 'em right where we want 'em now.
@  jorgeaam : (22 May 2015 - 03:40 AM) Oh boy, well, at least I like our chances to take both home games the way the Warriors are playing
@  jorgeaam : (22 May 2015 - 03:39 AM) Why didn't Harden call a timeout instead of passing it to Howard on the 3 point line?
@  cointurtlemoose : (22 May 2015 - 03:38 AM) Heartbreaking last couple seconds...
@  jorgeaam : (22 May 2015 - 03:36 AM) WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED
@  jorgeaam : (22 May 2015 - 03:35 AM) Let's go rockets!
@  Cooper : (22 May 2015 - 03:34 AM) Harden and Howard are just incredible
@  jorgeaam : (22 May 2015 - 03:32 AM) Wow
@  Cooper : (22 May 2015 - 02:45 AM) nick johnson sighting?
@  jorgeaam : (22 May 2015 - 02:29 AM) Rockets quieting the crowd
@  cointurtlemoose : (22 May 2015 - 02:16 AM) It is pretty crazy to be tied at this point. Harden single-handedly gave us a reset button for this game
@  jorgeaam : (22 May 2015 - 02:11 AM) Rockets are missing 2 starters, Dwight is playing with a bad knee, and yet they've kept both games quite close so far against a team that finished 67-15
@  jorgeaam : (22 May 2015 - 02:10 AM) I must say that I start to think the Warriors are tremendously overrated
@  Cooper : (22 May 2015 - 02:07 AM) absolutely astounded to be tied after playing so poorly and curry hitting seemingly every shot

Photo

NBA Trade Discussion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Let's put all non-Rockets trade discussion in here. Please include links.

To start: http://www.azcentral...?nclick_check=1

Gortat for Perkins, Lamb, and a 1st.

I don't know what to think. Gortat would make the Thunder a virtual lock to make the Finals again this year. And would really help them expose the Heat. But Lamb was supposed to be Harden's eventual long term replacement; also assuming they don't re-sign Kevin Martin....

thought?

#2 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

If OKC can sign Gortat to a reasonable deal and it isn't the Toronto pick I think it is a great deal. The biggest concern with the Thunder is that they can't really throw the ball into the post and get a bucket. Gortat can definitely score in the post. And from what I know about Martin I feel like he would be willing to take a little bit less money to play there, that he'll be really happy being on a contender. OKC could still use the Tor pick to find a replacement. 2's are easier to find these days than post-scoring bigs.

#3 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

this would be a steal for OKC. the raptors pick ain't looking all that good right now and perkins is expendable. the fact that lamb is in the deal surpised me. it tells me OKC is not as high on him as we were in houston. that may be bad for lamb. the suns are in deep sh^t right now. if I was the GM I would be worried about my job. they need to blow this team up trade off any player they can get a draft pick for and start the rebuild from the ground up.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#4 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

OKC wins that by far. Gortat gives them a huge advantage over Perkins. Lamb isn't seeing time, and the pick isn't worth what it looked like it would be before the rudy gay trade.

#5 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

I think Toronto sneaks into the playoffs. So that trade isn't worth a ton. ESPECIALLY if they end up trading for Boozer. So it would be a steal. I think the Suns would probably go after Lamb/PJ3 as well as the pick. It doesn't seem a good enough deal with just Lamb/pick

Why so Serious? :D

#6 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

I agree that advantage goes to OKC, but it is a reasonable deal for both sides. Reminds me of Harden to HOU deal, with us "winning" in a sense, but OKC certainly not losing. PHX does alright here, imo, because Gortat is a tad overvalued. Bit unclear which 1st is being sent though. If it is TOR's, I think it gets closer to even for what PHX is throwing out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users