Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Willk : (11 February 2016 - 06:02 AM) JBB is the worst coach in the league. Morey get out of the office and coach the team since you are really the coach of this team
@  thejohnnygold : (11 February 2016 - 05:10 AM) Sorry guys, I clearly jinxed us :(
@  thejohnnygold : (11 February 2016 - 04:17 AM) Really like what JB has cooked up for our offense through first quarter and a half. Maybe there is hope :)
@  slick shoes : (10 February 2016 - 01:54 PM) At least we didn't get embarrassed again?
@  Mario Peña : (10 February 2016 - 04:19 AM) The invisible defense is in full effect.
@  majik19 : (09 February 2016 - 09:23 PM) with the bizarro Rockets, we'll probably somehow win tonight
@  slick shoes : (09 February 2016 - 03:15 PM) GS will enjoy a nice 30 point cushion for the majority of the game and after clearing both benches, our 2nd unit will make things "respectable" again.
@  Sir Thursday : (07 February 2016 - 05:16 PM) Still a depressing loss though :(.
@  Sir Thursday : (07 February 2016 - 05:16 PM) I thought the defence looked a lot better once we put a proper big man in rather than playing Ariza at the 4. Ariza was consistently late on the rotation against the pick-and-roll, but genuine big men tend to have better instincts about snuffing that sort of thing out. I think Harrell and Capela did a good job when put in that role.
@  DenverRocket : (05 February 2016 - 02:38 AM) I thought we'd seen the worst of it this season, but that Q1 ranks up there with it!
@  slick shoes : (04 February 2016 - 06:54 PM) DMo is back from the D-League. Might see some big minutes from him tonight.
@  Sir Thursday : (03 February 2016 - 11:51 PM) TJ was in a car accident on the way to the airport according to Feigen. Hope it wasn't anything too serious...
@  Cooper : (03 February 2016 - 09:49 PM) Crowder would be great
@  slick shoes : (03 February 2016 - 07:33 PM) I read that too but can't imagine what they could offer in return other than draft picks (which we have none of for this years draft).
@  majik19 : (03 February 2016 - 06:50 PM) Calvin Watkins said something about a potential Dwight Howard to Boston trade... but haven't seen any other details on that.
@  slick shoes : (02 February 2016 - 03:38 PM) the point: it seems you have missed it lol
@  thenit : (02 February 2016 - 06:23 AM) well its not really a snub when you aren't deserving
@  thejohnnygold : (02 February 2016 - 12:13 AM) Hopefully he is more concerned about our W's and L's right now than another All-Star game. His body could use the rest and I'm guessing he will be glad to kick back and enjoy watching from home.
@  slick shoes : (01 February 2016 - 09:45 PM) I wasn't really asking if YOU thought he was a snub. I was wondering how Dwight feels about it.
@  thenit : (30 January 2016 - 03:45 AM) Honestly D12 is like the 8th best big man in the west.

Photo

NBA Trade Discussion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Let's put all non-Rockets trade discussion in here. Please include links.

To start: http://www.azcentral...?nclick_check=1

Gortat for Perkins, Lamb, and a 1st.

I don't know what to think. Gortat would make the Thunder a virtual lock to make the Finals again this year. And would really help them expose the Heat. But Lamb was supposed to be Harden's eventual long term replacement; also assuming they don't re-sign Kevin Martin....

thought?

#2 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

If OKC can sign Gortat to a reasonable deal and it isn't the Toronto pick I think it is a great deal. The biggest concern with the Thunder is that they can't really throw the ball into the post and get a bucket. Gortat can definitely score in the post. And from what I know about Martin I feel like he would be willing to take a little bit less money to play there, that he'll be really happy being on a contender. OKC could still use the Tor pick to find a replacement. 2's are easier to find these days than post-scoring bigs.

#3 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

this would be a steal for OKC. the raptors pick ain't looking all that good right now and perkins is expendable. the fact that lamb is in the deal surpised me. it tells me OKC is not as high on him as we were in houston. that may be bad for lamb. the suns are in deep sh^t right now. if I was the GM I would be worried about my job. they need to blow this team up trade off any player they can get a draft pick for and start the rebuild from the ground up.

My new years resolution.....drink that special bottle of wine, take your son on that fishing trip, live each day as if it were my last because everyday of LIFE is special B)

#4 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

OKC wins that by far. Gortat gives them a huge advantage over Perkins. Lamb isn't seeing time, and the pick isn't worth what it looked like it would be before the rudy gay trade.

#5 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

I think Toronto sneaks into the playoffs. So that trade isn't worth a ton. ESPECIALLY if they end up trading for Boozer. So it would be a steal. I think the Suns would probably go after Lamb/PJ3 as well as the pick. It doesn't seem a good enough deal with just Lamb/pick

Why so Serious? :D

#6 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

I agree that advantage goes to OKC, but it is a reasonable deal for both sides. Reminds me of Harden to HOU deal, with us "winning" in a sense, but OKC certainly not losing. PHX does alright here, imo, because Gortat is a tad overvalued. Bit unclear which 1st is being sent though. If it is TOR's, I think it gets closer to even for what PHX is throwing out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users