Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thenit : (01 August 2014 - 12:18 AM) Of course he does because they are good friends, it's bragging rights. So I take that pride with a lot of sallt
@  txtdo1411 : (31 July 2014 - 07:02 PM) If you all haven't watched the video of PG, KD, and Harden taking turns going one on one... Check it out. It is definitely entertaining and shows Harden at least taking pride in stopping KD.
@  slick shoes : (31 July 2014 - 06:04 PM) Rockets v Mavericks preseason opener October 7th. Let the countdown begin.
@  jorgeaam : (31 July 2014 - 03:25 AM) So it seems Kevin Love to the Cavs is a when not an if, things just got better in the east
@  bboley24 : (25 July 2014 - 02:32 AM) D League or not... he's here and he's working out with the best... it's good for all around... Sergio.
@  Buckko : (25 July 2014 - 12:16 AM) Well shots fired between harden and parsons.
@  majik19 : (24 July 2014 - 09:09 PM) He'll spend likely the whole season with the D-league team. He's 4th on the depth chart, at best.
@  txtdo1411 : (24 July 2014 - 03:51 PM) I like it as well YaoMan. You can't ever have enough long and athletic big men. It will be nice to see how he develops.
@  YaoMan : (24 July 2014 - 03:40 PM) Rockets sign Clint Capela and has been added to their regular season roster - I like this. He's got a high ceiling...
@  slick shoes : (22 July 2014 - 03:11 AM) live by the three, die by the three.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:54 AM) 21% on three pointers by Canaan and company, damn.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:51 AM) Rockets Summer Leaguers shot 32%, rough ending.
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:01 PM) I refer to the writers, as yall due to the multiple of them. We are the loyal readers. I should've word it better.
@  rockets best... : (20 July 2014 - 06:12 PM) we and y'all are the same people :lol:
@  bboley24 : (20 July 2014 - 12:32 PM) who is we and who is yall?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 08:21 AM) Can we get a post about defensive improvement or yall waiting until the defensive assistant gets chosen?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:37 AM) With internal improvement, the defensive minded FA acquisitions, and hopefully a good Defensive minded assistant. The rockets will be closer to a top 5 D than top 10.
@  miketheodio : (20 July 2014 - 05:55 AM) i wonder how much better the starting 5 will be with a wing who actually plays defense
@  rockets best... : (18 July 2014 - 09:26 PM) Kendall Marshall is Ish Smith of a few years ago
@  Cooper : (18 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Lakers waived Kendall Marshall, hes decent.

Photo

NBA Trade Discussion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Let's put all non-Rockets trade discussion in here. Please include links.

To start: http://www.azcentral...?nclick_check=1

Gortat for Perkins, Lamb, and a 1st.

I don't know what to think. Gortat would make the Thunder a virtual lock to make the Finals again this year. And would really help them expose the Heat. But Lamb was supposed to be Harden's eventual long term replacement; also assuming they don't re-sign Kevin Martin....

thought?

#2 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

If OKC can sign Gortat to a reasonable deal and it isn't the Toronto pick I think it is a great deal. The biggest concern with the Thunder is that they can't really throw the ball into the post and get a bucket. Gortat can definitely score in the post. And from what I know about Martin I feel like he would be willing to take a little bit less money to play there, that he'll be really happy being on a contender. OKC could still use the Tor pick to find a replacement. 2's are easier to find these days than post-scoring bigs.

#3 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

this would be a steal for OKC. the raptors pick ain't looking all that good right now and perkins is expendable. the fact that lamb is in the deal surpised me. it tells me OKC is not as high on him as we were in houston. that may be bad for lamb. the suns are in deep sh^t right now. if I was the GM I would be worried about my job. they need to blow this team up trade off any player they can get a draft pick for and start the rebuild from the ground up.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#4 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

OKC wins that by far. Gortat gives them a huge advantage over Perkins. Lamb isn't seeing time, and the pick isn't worth what it looked like it would be before the rudy gay trade.

#5 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

I think Toronto sneaks into the playoffs. So that trade isn't worth a ton. ESPECIALLY if they end up trading for Boozer. So it would be a steal. I think the Suns would probably go after Lamb/PJ3 as well as the pick. It doesn't seem a good enough deal with just Lamb/pick

Why so Serious? :D

#6 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

I agree that advantage goes to OKC, but it is a reasonable deal for both sides. Reminds me of Harden to HOU deal, with us "winning" in a sense, but OKC certainly not losing. PHX does alright here, imo, because Gortat is a tad overvalued. Bit unclear which 1st is being sent though. If it is TOR's, I think it gets closer to even for what PHX is throwing out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users