Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  cointurtlemoose : (27 April 2015 - 05:31 AM) But serious response: has Ariza had that assignment in the past? Cause I forget. Luckily their wings wouldn't outsize Terry/Harden
@  cointurtlemoose : (27 April 2015 - 05:28 AM) majik - I'm still in denial, thinking happy thoughts. No room to think about elite PGs dicing us up......
@  majik19 : (27 April 2015 - 04:23 AM) just thinking about the clippers - if JJ Barea can do that... what is Chris Paul going to do?
@  08huangj : (27 April 2015 - 04:01 AM) I was really looking forward to see Cuban's reaction of a sweep right at the Mavericks home court though.
@  08huangj : (27 April 2015 - 04:00 AM) The Rockets had a good fourth quarter only because Smith was on fire.
@  majik19 : (27 April 2015 - 03:57 AM) just did absolutely nothing well after the 1st quarter. Missed everything, didn't rebound, and definitely didn't play defense.
@  jorgeaam : (27 April 2015 - 03:57 AM) Hahaha did anyone see Brewer stealing the ball away from Jefferson before the clock ran out?
@  08huangj : (27 April 2015 - 03:54 AM) This loss doesn't matter. The Rockets can finish things at home next time.
@  jorgeaam : (27 April 2015 - 03:50 AM) I love Corey Brewer, he just keeps hustling
@  jorgeaam : (27 April 2015 - 03:37 AM) Time for Johnny Gold's prediction of Smith hitting a game winning 3 to become true
@  jorgeaam : (27 April 2015 - 03:36 AM) Josh Smith turning into Kyle Korver
@  cointurtlemoose : (27 April 2015 - 03:33 AM) Well at least Johnson is getting some playoff minutes......
@  SadLakerFan : (27 April 2015 - 03:14 AM) Man, how big a disaster was Rajon Rondo?
@  JY86er : (27 April 2015 - 02:11 AM) This game is over if the Rockets (again) decide to hurry back on defense in transition.
@  jorgeaam : (27 April 2015 - 01:46 AM) 3 quarters to go
@  jorgeaam : (27 April 2015 - 01:32 AM) Dwight spinning from a defender into a lob is a thing of beauty
@  Mario Peña : (27 April 2015 - 01:23 AM) So annoying, Reggie whiner doing colour commentary.
@  jorgeaam : (27 April 2015 - 01:17 AM) Let's go Rockets!
@  Cooper : (27 April 2015 - 01:10 AM) Id take the clips since they only have 6 real nba players. Hard to believe Blake/cp and crew could keep up that intensity for so long.
@  jorgeaam : (27 April 2015 - 12:53 AM) Yeah but the Spurs can stop Harden pretty easily with Leonard

Photo

NBA Trade Discussion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Let's put all non-Rockets trade discussion in here. Please include links.

To start: http://www.azcentral...?nclick_check=1

Gortat for Perkins, Lamb, and a 1st.

I don't know what to think. Gortat would make the Thunder a virtual lock to make the Finals again this year. And would really help them expose the Heat. But Lamb was supposed to be Harden's eventual long term replacement; also assuming they don't re-sign Kevin Martin....

thought?

#2 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

If OKC can sign Gortat to a reasonable deal and it isn't the Toronto pick I think it is a great deal. The biggest concern with the Thunder is that they can't really throw the ball into the post and get a bucket. Gortat can definitely score in the post. And from what I know about Martin I feel like he would be willing to take a little bit less money to play there, that he'll be really happy being on a contender. OKC could still use the Tor pick to find a replacement. 2's are easier to find these days than post-scoring bigs.

#3 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

this would be a steal for OKC. the raptors pick ain't looking all that good right now and perkins is expendable. the fact that lamb is in the deal surpised me. it tells me OKC is not as high on him as we were in houston. that may be bad for lamb. the suns are in deep sh^t right now. if I was the GM I would be worried about my job. they need to blow this team up trade off any player they can get a draft pick for and start the rebuild from the ground up.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#4 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

OKC wins that by far. Gortat gives them a huge advantage over Perkins. Lamb isn't seeing time, and the pick isn't worth what it looked like it would be before the rudy gay trade.

#5 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

I think Toronto sneaks into the playoffs. So that trade isn't worth a ton. ESPECIALLY if they end up trading for Boozer. So it would be a steal. I think the Suns would probably go after Lamb/PJ3 as well as the pick. It doesn't seem a good enough deal with just Lamb/pick

Why so Serious? :D

#6 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

I agree that advantage goes to OKC, but it is a reasonable deal for both sides. Reminds me of Harden to HOU deal, with us "winning" in a sense, but OKC certainly not losing. PHX does alright here, imo, because Gortat is a tad overvalued. Bit unclear which 1st is being sent though. If it is TOR's, I think it gets closer to even for what PHX is throwing out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users