Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jorgeaam : (17 December 2014 - 03:58 AM) Well, there goes another rookie
@  jorgeaam : (17 December 2014 - 03:58 AM) Jabari Parker is out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL
@  jorgeaam : (16 December 2014 - 12:03 AM) Yeah, I saw him as our starting PF some months ago, but he just wouldn't fit our style
@  Sir Thursday : (15 December 2014 - 11:13 PM) @jorgeaam: He can leave at the end of this year, I don't think it's worth it. Especially since I suspect he wouldn't be happy playing backup Centre.
@  jorgeaam : (15 December 2014 - 10:03 PM) "The Pistons are reportedly asking for a first-round pick in exchange for Greg Monroe." Pelicans pick anyone?
@  jorgeaam : (13 December 2014 - 09:53 PM) Dwight WILL be back tonight :D
@  08huangj : (13 December 2014 - 10:33 AM) Howard "aiming" to come back tommorow today against Denver.
@  thenit : (12 December 2014 - 04:50 PM) http://www.thescore....nba/news/655861 Here in Canada, Harden is getting his due and love
@  Mario Peña : (12 December 2014 - 04:12 PM) Good win by the Rockets last night with some impressive defensive stretches.
@  jorgeaam : (10 December 2014 - 11:47 PM) Harden playing tonight, Howard out today and tomorrow
@  YaoMan : (09 December 2014 - 06:28 PM) Hope so too. They barely have enough players to suit up in a game...these injuries are piling up
@  jorgeaam : (09 December 2014 - 06:07 PM) He had back tightness, but I hope he will be ok tomorrow
@  YaoMan : (09 December 2014 - 06:06 PM) Does anyone know if Harden was injured from the Phoenix game?
@  jorgeaam : (09 December 2014 - 06:29 AM) Well, Morey already tweeted about it
@  Dan G : (09 December 2014 - 05:34 AM) Now we just need that clip to go viral Adi.
@  Adi1008 : (09 December 2014 - 03:58 AM)
@  Mario Peña : (07 December 2014 - 04:46 AM) Beverley is still a game changer for the Rockets, good to see him back on the court.
@  08huangj : (07 December 2014 - 01:38 AM) Bev is playing as an substitute tonight
@  jorgeaam : (06 December 2014 - 11:32 PM) Bev is playing tonight
@  Dan G : (06 December 2014 - 10:09 PM) It's*

Photo

NBA Trade Discussion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Let's put all non-Rockets trade discussion in here. Please include links.

To start: http://www.azcentral...?nclick_check=1

Gortat for Perkins, Lamb, and a 1st.

I don't know what to think. Gortat would make the Thunder a virtual lock to make the Finals again this year. And would really help them expose the Heat. But Lamb was supposed to be Harden's eventual long term replacement; also assuming they don't re-sign Kevin Martin....

thought?

#2 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

If OKC can sign Gortat to a reasonable deal and it isn't the Toronto pick I think it is a great deal. The biggest concern with the Thunder is that they can't really throw the ball into the post and get a bucket. Gortat can definitely score in the post. And from what I know about Martin I feel like he would be willing to take a little bit less money to play there, that he'll be really happy being on a contender. OKC could still use the Tor pick to find a replacement. 2's are easier to find these days than post-scoring bigs.

#3 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

this would be a steal for OKC. the raptors pick ain't looking all that good right now and perkins is expendable. the fact that lamb is in the deal surpised me. it tells me OKC is not as high on him as we were in houston. that may be bad for lamb. the suns are in deep sh^t right now. if I was the GM I would be worried about my job. they need to blow this team up trade off any player they can get a draft pick for and start the rebuild from the ground up.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#4 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

OKC wins that by far. Gortat gives them a huge advantage over Perkins. Lamb isn't seeing time, and the pick isn't worth what it looked like it would be before the rudy gay trade.

#5 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

I think Toronto sneaks into the playoffs. So that trade isn't worth a ton. ESPECIALLY if they end up trading for Boozer. So it would be a steal. I think the Suns would probably go after Lamb/PJ3 as well as the pick. It doesn't seem a good enough deal with just Lamb/pick

Why so Serious? :D

#6 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

I agree that advantage goes to OKC, but it is a reasonable deal for both sides. Reminds me of Harden to HOU deal, with us "winning" in a sense, but OKC certainly not losing. PHX does alright here, imo, because Gortat is a tad overvalued. Bit unclear which 1st is being sent though. If it is TOR's, I think it gets closer to even for what PHX is throwing out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users