Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (07 July 2015 - 05:04 PM) @johnnygold Maybe but then again I'd guess the pickup might have to do with corner three's in some way, percentage or passing to.
@  Fury : (06 July 2015 - 09:51 PM) The Spurs just got West..... They have a legitimate backup big not named Diaw. They never needed one before.
@  redfaithful : (06 July 2015 - 07:50 PM) Any chance Celtics moving him?
@  thejohnnygold : (06 July 2015 - 06:14 PM) Evan Turner???? Classic buy low player for Morey.
@  Mario Peña : (06 July 2015 - 05:57 PM) Agreed. It'll probably be someone we are not expecting again.
@  thejohnnygold : (06 July 2015 - 05:08 PM) @Mario--Yes, I think waiting until January/February gives us a chance to see who has improved (Nick Johnson) and who is getting traded (Jones/Papa). By then, other teams will likely have some PG's available for cheaper than they are right now (Jennings/Collison/Lawson)
@  thejohnnygold : (06 July 2015 - 04:59 PM) @losthief--yeah, I understand that...it still sends a message to me that he isn't as good as people think he might be. I guess we'll find out this season :)
@  Losthief : (06 July 2015 - 04:02 PM) JG they let him go cause they got LMA and needed cap space...
@  Mario Peña : (06 July 2015 - 03:53 PM) Also guys, I heard Jonathan Feigan the Rockets beat writer on 610 am yesterday say that he thinks Morey doesn't make any moves till in season. I like the move towards stability and I hope Smith comes back.
@  Mario Peña : (06 July 2015 - 03:47 PM) @johnnygold, yup I think they are standing pat which was the plan all along but midway through the season if they can pick up some point guard insurance it will help relieve James and in the playoffs right?
@  MrZeno1911 : (06 July 2015 - 03:33 PM) I can see us making a move this week, if not, then i'm not that excited for this season. We need to lock up Smith and go after that secondary guard. We have a 2 (serviceable) guard rotation. Take notice around the league and a lot of teams are stacked at the 1 and 2 positions. We have enough 4's and 3's to make a workable trade and not lose any of our depth. We can beat any of the teams in the WCF if we stay healthy and we keep the team together, we literally would have a 10 man rotation.
@  thejohnnygold : (06 July 2015 - 02:31 PM) @Mario--at this point I think we are looking at trading for a PG mid-season if at all.
@  thejohnnygold : (06 July 2015 - 02:30 PM) For those who coveted Cory Jospeh, San Antonio just let him walk for nothing. What does that say? Of course, he got snatched up pretty fast by Toronto...
@  Mario Peña : (06 July 2015 - 11:42 AM) Of the remaining point guards I like Norris Cole.
@  jorgeaam : (06 July 2015 - 05:32 AM) It works tho
@  cointurtlemoose : (06 July 2015 - 05:17 AM) Yeah, bboley, may be just you. Haha.
@  thenit : (06 July 2015 - 02:11 AM) out of the remaining pgs Lin is their best option utilizing the pick and roll with DJ, the cupboard is bare. Doesn't move the needle for us but we have a tougher division this year than the past season
@  jorgeaam : (05 July 2015 - 11:01 PM) Wow the Mavs want Lin, lol
@  bboley24 : (05 July 2015 - 10:47 PM) It's just me isn't it?
@  bboley24 : (05 July 2015 - 10:47 PM) Is it just me or does Kevin Durant have an ugly shot?

Photo

What you learn from the Dream after spending 50K a week

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

towards the end Lebron starts putting two or three moves together and it looks a lot like what he has been doing this season.

#2 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Difference between Melo and LeBron

#3 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,042 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

That was cool. Thanks!

#4 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hakeem looks like he could still get buckets in the post.

#5 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,042 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

Ha, I thought the same thing. I don't think he missed a single shot the whole time. It's his knees that are the problem...can't take the running up and down anymore....if it were a half-court game he could still dominate!

#6 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

Watching those two videos is hilarious. One(LBJ) understands the game of basketball. He understand the need for those hesitation fakes. It's to throw the defender out of sync. Melo is trying to do those moves without the subtle moves which make him look dumb. I like Melo, but it's night and day.

Why so Serious? :D

#7 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

I sure hope The Dream can work his magic with Asik the next few off-seasons!!!

#8 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

I sure hope The Dream can work his magic with Asik the next few off-seasons!!!

I agree. But first he needs to learn how to catch the ball.

#9 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

I agree. But first he needs to learn how to catch the ball.

true.....very true. maybe we can get him some of that stickem stuff recievers used in the nfl a few years ago, that way all he has to do is hold his hand out :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#10 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

LeBron looks really awkward trying to do the spin move in the first 15 seconds. He doesn't seem to get that he is trying to practice a post move, not a dribble move.

#11 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

LeBron looks really awkward trying to do the spin move in the first 15 seconds. He doesn't seem to get that he is trying to practice a post move, not a dribble move.

Exactly my thoughts when watching that. He seemed to be doing it like it was a dribble move no different than the spins you see Chris Paul and Kyrie Irving do regularly.

#12 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

But he gets it, in the end. The end of the video, he was looking better and better. And if you watch a Heat game, he's translated those post moves into offense.

#13 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

But he gets it, in the end. The end of the video, he was looking better and better. And if you watch a Heat game, he's translated those post moves into offense.

I think that is the biggest difference between the Melo video and the LeBron video is he does it Dream's way until he gets it. Melo never quite gets the same fluidity, although his jumper does look real pretty.

Am I the only one that immediately went to the gym to try these out? and no it didn't go well, apparently you have to have some athletic ability to pull these off consistently.

#14 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

http://www.youtube.c...&v=mArHU1ewSog#

Dwight Howard's

I love how he looks in the video, a man his size shouldn't be able to move like that. With two or three summers working with Hakeem I think he would be scary. But in the interview part... man is he a little kid. He has a lot of lovableness to him, but he has to make a mental leap of maturity if he wants to be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users