Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  JY86er : (30 May 2015 - 12:37 AM) I wouldnt want him. Not after a Jeff Spicoli looking sorry guy was able to pull his arm outta socket.
@  majik19 : (28 May 2015 - 08:05 PM) Offensively, I have no doubt that Love would be a great fit. Defensively... not so much. I think it's more important to upgrade the 1 than the 4 this offseason, assuming D-mo is healthy.
@  Mario Peña : (28 May 2015 - 07:08 PM) I can't make it but I thought I'd post that for the Houston guys.
@  Mario Peña : (28 May 2015 - 07:07 PM) From the Red Rowdies: Do you want to greet the Rockets today as they arrive back? Go to 8402 Nelms Houston, TX 77061 around 3:30 ‪#‎Support‬
@  Cooper : (28 May 2015 - 06:15 PM) would have to strip the roster to get him, let him lose in la with 40 yr old kobe and crazy rondo.
@  thenit : (28 May 2015 - 06:08 PM) Love interested in Lakers, Rockets and Celtics. Anyone here who wants him ?
@  majik19 : (28 May 2015 - 04:25 PM) It was a great year, and I think Harden will look at Game 2 and Game 5 and strive to be better. If he had gone out on a high note (say Game 4), there would probably be less motivation. But not with a game like that.
@  SadLakerFan : (28 May 2015 - 10:01 AM) Great season. Harden looked perplexed out there, almost like Lebron in 2010. He'll figure things out.
@  Johnny Rocket : (28 May 2015 - 08:31 AM) Thanks, Rox--great season!
@  RudyT1995 : (28 May 2015 - 05:43 AM) Wonder what he'll do this year to make Cuban look like a fool.
@  RudyT1995 : (28 May 2015 - 05:43 AM) Interesting off-season coming up. Time for Morey to work his magic.
@  Mario Peña : (28 May 2015 - 04:57 AM) What a year! It's a great time to be a Rockets fan!
@  miketheodio : (28 May 2015 - 04:06 AM) many records were broken this series
@  Willk : (28 May 2015 - 04:03 AM) Morey's time not team
@  Willk : (28 May 2015 - 04:02 AM) it is now Morey's team
@  Willk : (28 May 2015 - 04:02 AM) the future is bright
@  JY86er : (28 May 2015 - 04:00 AM) If you told me this team would lose in the conf finals after losing out on Bosh and Parsons. I'd say u were cray cray. thank u Rockets
@  cointurtlemoose : (28 May 2015 - 03:55 AM) Very, very proud of the season we had. From Morey to McHale to the players. All 3 of those dealt with plenty of roadblocks, and fought through them all the way to the WCF
@  jorgeaam : (28 May 2015 - 03:51 AM) Oh well, it was a great season anyway, teams and writers will definitely not take this team so lightly again
@  thenit : (28 May 2015 - 03:47 AM) Hard to fault harden, only 3 games that were close was when he went god mode. the team needed Dmo to be a second go to go to slow the pace and create his own shot. Also misses his D since Jones can't defend anyone who is good

Photo

[video] Robert Horry, Sam Cassell on 'The Barkley Trade'

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

New post: [video] Robert Horry, Sam Cassell on 'The Barkley Trade'

#2 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,007 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

This is why I have buyer's remorse just from considering a trade scenario. I was not happy with that trade...I get why management did it....but I think I would have preferred to keep them.

#3 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

This is why I have buyer's remorse just from considering a trade scenario. I was not happy with that trade...I get why management did it....but I think I would have preferred to keep them.

Hindsight is always 20/20. And had it not been a torn ACL by the starting PG it would have been the Rockets with Clyde Hakeem and Chuck vs. the Jordan Pippen Rodman Bulls. But Stockton tore up The backup

#4 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

totally agree, but like steven said hindsight is 20/20.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#5 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

I always thought Cassel was the piece we missed most after the Barkley trade. You just brought back my old pain...

#6 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,007 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20. I didn't like the trade the moment I heard it. I know others around here disagree--even Rahat referred to it today in his article. He may very well be right that Barry getting injured and the Rockets moving forward with Maloney was the reason that trade ultimately did not bear fruit. My point is we would have had Horry and Casell. That would have helped too....then, and into the future.

As a history major what one learns is not just facts and dates and names, etc. That is just for reference. History is the study of lessons. Recognizing patterns of mistakes helps future decisions. Emptying the cupboard for an aging star seldom bears fruit and almost always less than what you would have had.

KG, Allen, and Pierce pulled it off.

Miami with Shaq, Wade and the referees pulled it off (i still don't really count this one...imo, the refs gave wade ridiculous calls and lots of them.)

The Lakers with Wilt (that trade is mind blowing...lakers gave up next to nothing for a guy that averaged 24 points, 23 rebounds, and 8 assists. Huh?)

I don't count the Kareem trade...he was still in his prime.

Barkley to Phoenix worked pretty well....but Phoenix did not "clear the cupboard" in that trade...Philly made a bad trade.

It's just my perception of it all. Unless you are getting Lebron or KD it's not worth it....and even then, it usually leaves very little left to put around your new star....so, still not worth it.

Maybe I am missing all the examples of when it did work and the team clearly would not have been better off standing pat. Anyone got an example?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users