Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  cointurtlemoose : (20 October 2014 - 04:18 AM) I'm liking Kostas' crafty plays.
@  2016Champions : (20 October 2014 - 12:42 AM) Looks like his form improved. A reliable 3pt shot to take away the likes of Ibaka and Aldridge away from the rim could be huge for Harden's drives to the basket, and hopefully also result in more use of the pick and roll between Harden and Dwight.
@  Buckko : (19 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) I think yall will like this http://instagram.com...ideo&modal=true
@  thenit : (15 October 2014 - 12:35 AM) Asik and Davis looks good together
@  thenit : (14 October 2014 - 01:58 PM) I think we have a shot, but we are still behind Washington and OKC.
@  blakecouey : (14 October 2014 - 04:15 AM) He goes to Longhorn football games regularly, have seen him several times. I think we've got a shot, but wouldn't necessarily say we're a favorite to land KD.
@  Losthief : (14 October 2014 - 12:17 AM) the other thing that helps with durant is he likes texas, still goes/visits to UT Austin most summers iirc.
@  Buckko : (13 October 2014 - 10:46 PM) I really like our chances, because even though D.C. is his hometown, harden is his BFF. Dwight/harden/rockets cast>>>>Wall/beal/wizards cast. Plus no income tax.
@  Cooper : (13 October 2014 - 05:23 PM) I think it helps us and the wiz since both could keep there core and add KD but the cap jumping also helps okc since they are so scared of the tax. they can now keep Jackson and add another guy.
@  thenit : (13 October 2014 - 04:27 AM) Until he returns. So still probably end up top 3
@  thenit : (13 October 2014 - 04:27 AM) I think it makes it less likely because teams will get more money from the tv deal. Also he will miss between 12-15 games and they will be above .500
@  Drew in Abilene : (13 October 2014 - 03:26 AM) This may just be wild fantasy, but with Durant's chances of winning a title at least diminished and the cap jumping significantly when he's a free agent, is it fair to say whatever small chance we have of landing him as a FA is a little better?
@  feelingsuper... : (12 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Getting to the Finals and winning has become a few levels more difficult for the Thunder.
@  feelingsuper... : (12 October 2014 - 03:37 PM) Kevin Durant out for 6 to 8 weeks, fracture in foot.
@  Buckko : (11 October 2014 - 01:40 AM) No, he IS the worst announcer. That's why road games without him can be the best.
@  Dan G : (11 October 2014 - 12:34 AM) I'm with you on Clyde FSS. I loved Clyde as a player but he has got to be the worst announcer ever. I just wish it was Bill and Bullard, or bring back Calvin Murphy.
@  txtdo1411 : (10 October 2014 - 10:40 PM) I am starting to get very excited about our bench. I know it is preseason, but the toughness and grit is inspiring.
@  feelingsuper... : (10 October 2014 - 04:35 PM) Also as a reminder to any of you interested in joining us in the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League be sure to check here http://www.red94.net...ge-2#entry44420
@  feelingsuper... : (10 October 2014 - 04:33 PM) It's nothing, he just knocked knees during practice if I'm not mistaken. If it was the regular season he probably would have played.
@  08huangj : (10 October 2014 - 06:13 AM) He's injured...sorry.

Photo

Dwight Howard?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Dwight Howard? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Dwight Howard?

1. Yes (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. No (8 votes [72.73%])

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

3. Maybe if the price is right (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

What do you think of this trade? http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=awdnbpp

I don't know if the Rockets would do it, but there's enough there for the Lakers to say yes since Howard has hurt his stock and he's only a rental. I would like this trade if we can get Howard on a long-term deal. What do you guys think?

Why so Serious? :D

#2 areteejay789

areteejay789

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

I dont know if i really want dwight at the minute... It would be quite a big risk to take him in his current condition. Id rather wait untill we know what hell be like when hes back to 100%. at the minute hes only really 70%, and theres no guarantee hell get back to his former glory. Even with an extension in place, i wouldn't be too happy. Remember we have a superstar now, so we don't need to take as much risk at this point.

#3 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 3,533 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

I would take Dwight, at the veteran's minimum, and he could back up asik. I would not give up any assets aside from Royce White for him. The guy has been exposed and the league's athleticism caught up with him faster than anyone thought it would. I bet he regrets not practicing more growing up.

#4 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

lol, no way dwight would back up anyone. i dont like dwight at all but we would be crazy not to trade for him if we could get a good deal, and it seems at this point that LA is gonna start getting desperate. dwight can still play, you just gotta make the system fit his game(see:pick and roll).

#5 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Sorry, but HELL NO!

#6 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 3,533 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

LOL, I pulled a complete 180 turnaround in the "potential trades" board. After delving deeper, I think Howard can be useful on the current Rockets roster feeding off of Harden and Lin's dribble penetration either cleaning the glass or getting easy buckets off of little passes once his defender rolls off to help protect the rim. I still think he has very little "skill", but used in the right way could be huge for us.

I posted a trade scenario there that, so far, is not very popular. It makes sense to me...

#7 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. The top 2 centers(Dwight and Bynum) from last season are both real good, when they're healthy, but neither is healthy at this time. As this thread is for DH I will concentrate there. How can we trust that Dwight will return to his previous ability? Dwight came back 2 months earlier that expected though, and obviously is having some setbacks because of the strenuous schedule that is delaying his return to 100%. Also, do we really want the Dwightmare to continue this offseason? There is nothing that should point to him wanting to be here(other than the addition of Harden) more so than last year, where he definitely didn't want to be sent here-twice. I don't want the risks with him, but the reward could be worth it. I'm a gambler, but he's a bet I would stay away from at this point.

I still believe Pau is the first option for LA to trade and do not think we will see Dwight in another uniform this season.

#8 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

I don't want Dwightmare but I want Dwight. He's too much of a talent to give up for subpar pieces (which is what we'd be trading). See my post in the Potential Trades thread (Lin + Asik + Morris or 2Pat or a young asset for Morris + Dwight). But w/o extension, that is quite a risk to run...yet HOU is in a good position where Howard should want to be at (more than DAL and maybe even more than ATL, the only other 2 locations that might make sense for him in the offseason).

As of now, I don't see Dwight staying in LAL if they don't make the playoffs (which they don't seem to be on track to do)...and the LAL FO have got to realize that, regardless of what Kupchak says.

#9 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

After the recent injury history with Yao Ming, I can't believe Les Alexander would roll the dice on a Dwight Howard. I'm fine with Asik as our Center knowing that he still has a lot of upside in his game especially given quality time off-season with Hakeem the Dream in finding ways to improve his game including learning how to catch a pass. Besides, Howard's attitude is a team killer. He's even bringing down the entire Lakers orgainization this season--heck, they may not even make the playoffs the way things are going!

Why would anyone believe for a second that Howard's attitude and effort would do a complete 180 simply by joining the Rockets organization? I have read elsewhere that Howard would be happy in Dallas or Atlanta and may even re-consider Brooklyn. I just don't think he has his heart in the Lakers organization.

I agree with Blake that Pau makes the most sense between the two, especially when taking into consideration his contact expires the end of next season so the Rockets wouldn't have long-term salary tied up in a player likely past his prime. So in effect, Pau could serve as a 1 1/2 year "rental of sorts" allowing the Rockets to have one of the best PF's in the game today and still have cap room for the right free agent at the end of next season. It really comes down to cost/benefit analysis, Pau would have to be available at the right price as I wouldn't want to see too many promising youngsters having to be traded for a Pau.

#10 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

I think a trade for Pau is very interesting too, and I too like when his contract ends. I'm just saying, if the LAL offer Dwight, I think we listen. Dwight's attitude is only a problem when the team loses a lot...which to me is a meh thing. If we're winning, he's great. If we're losing, I mean, we're losing. It's salt on a wound, but still already wounded. One could argue that his attitude makes it HARDER to rebound after we start losing, and that's a valid argument, but I think his need to do so diminishes every new team he goes to. We'd be the third, and I hear that's the magic number for attitude fixes (if they come) lol. Dwight's health is keeping him from being 100%, sure, but it isn't some Yao-like injury where he can't play. He is still having a pretty good season, just not a D12 season. He also rarely gets injured so...

My bigger concern is the lack of an extension and the pieces we'd give for a 1 yr rental w/ no guarantees. That and LAL would never agree because Lin and Asik's contract of $8M a pop would tie up too much of their salary in 2014, when they were projected to have a LOT of cap space. I don't think they want to take a large hit then on Lin and Asik.

#11 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

Howard is the third best player in the league if he's heathly, his back is still bothering him if morey thinks he will recover from the back surgery he'd be worth getting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users