Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  feelingsuper... : (25 October 2014 - 11:14 AM) The Thunder have lost Morrow for about a month and a half. They will be digging themselves out of a hole most of the season.
@  2016Champions : (25 October 2014 - 06:04 AM) I'm a little hyped right now, holding myself back from going full retard.
@  2016Champions : (25 October 2014 - 06:03 AM) Call me crazy but I think if Rockets get the Thunder in the 1st round, then the Spurs in the 2nd, that would be more ideal than any road to the finals where Terrence Jones will be guarding the likes of Blake Griffin, Aldridge, Lee, Dirk, Zbo ect.
@  2016Champions : (25 October 2014 - 05:59 AM) Jeremy who? Lol
@  thejohnnygold : (25 October 2014 - 02:25 AM) That was definitely an awesome way to finish the game
@  Willk : (25 October 2014 - 02:22 AM) im on the canaan bandwagon
@  Losthief : (25 October 2014 - 12:43 AM) Keep Gettin Them CHecks All-Star!
@  Buckko : (24 October 2014 - 03:57 AM) That's an understatement Cooper.
@  rockets best... : (24 October 2014 - 01:16 AM) Nash should have quit 4 years ago
@  Cooper : (24 October 2014 - 01:15 AM) suns really sold high on him.
@  Willk : (24 October 2014 - 12:03 AM) sad to see nash's career end like this
@  cointurtlemoose : (23 October 2014 - 07:16 PM) Philly "doing it right" is a catch-22 when doing it right is completely sacrificing competitiveness for almost entire seasons. I see what you're saying, and it's not Philly's fault.
@  2016Champions : (23 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) I need more to go on to write something up. Just brainstorming right now. Monroe is more of a defensive plus at the 4 than the 5; I think the reason he played the 5 early on his because he couldn't shoot--no longer the case.
@  08huangj : (23 October 2014 - 12:28 PM) He just doesn't seem like a four to me, he started his career as a center. I also don't think that he'd be happy to be a backup and what does a very reasonable price mean. Maybe you can create a thread.
@  2016Champions : (23 October 2014 - 10:14 AM) Monroe would not only improve our starting 4 spot but also serve as a backup center.
@  2016Champions : (23 October 2014 - 10:12 AM) Should we go after Greg Monroe? He seems to have improved his midrange shot, and considering the likelihood he walks, we might be able to acquire him for a very reasonable price.
@  Buckko : (23 October 2014 - 04:31 AM) I have no problem with philly tanking. If you're gonna do something, do it right. They should be an extremely entertaining team in a few years.
@  Willk : (23 October 2014 - 01:23 AM) 2016 - I agree. I would rather see Canaan play than Ish
@  2016Champions : (23 October 2014 - 01:19 AM) Isaiah Canaan seems to get better with every game.
@  cointurtlemoose : (23 October 2014 - 12:09 AM) That said, Philly is ridiculous. It's entertaining on a level, but it's also out of hand. I was for the reform with the proposed percentages they voted on today. Surprised it didn't pass.

Photo

Houston Rockets @ Indiana Pacers on 1/18/2013

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

New post: Houston Rockets @ Indiana Pacers on 1/18/2013

#2 bob schmidt

bob schmidt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationBrownsville, Texas

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

This game will be won or lost from beyond the arc... If the shots don't drop, we had better get the long rebounds.

#3 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

id love for the rockets to get back in the W column, but i just dont see it happening in indi (and literally wont see it - dont want to stream). i hope they prove me wrong.

#4 Kade

Kade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

God this team gets even worse. Please fire McFail and hire a legit coach or fire Morey as well. Because of us the Lakers are going to get into playoffs and same ole same ole Rockets will be one of the best worst NBA teams.

An I still the line person who isn't buying the GM and HC love?

#5 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

New post: Indiana Pacers 105, Houston Rockets 95: That was an amazing basketball game…by the other team.

#6 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

First time poster but a long time lurker on red94.

I have a few points that I would like to make about this team. I have watched most of the rockets games this season, so here are my observations.

Is it me or is Harden Iso game a little like what Melo was a few years ago when he didn't trust anyone but himself? Most nights he will get his 20 points and be pretty efficient and look good, but however who ever he is guarding that player roams around and has a great shooting night. Mayo has torched him twice, tonight with george, pierce, crawford etc. He is great offensively but defensively he is a liability. So when he is struggling like he has in the past few games it just looks worse than it actually is.

In regards of McHale's rotation, I actually don't understand why Douglas doesn't get more minutes in the past few games when he actually haven't done anything to lose his minutes in the rotation. As long as he is not the primary ball handler he can get a few minutes at the 2 spot now when we have beverley.

Mchale is also mismanaging Lin, sometimes when he has a good shooting night and just starting to heat up, he takes him out, and other nights when he is cold he gives him more minutes. Last night he had the hot hand and Harden was god awful he continued to hand the ball to Harden. Tonight lin was 4-6 and 2-2 beyond the arc, he sits Lin for 15 minutes and Harden who struggled basically rested for about 50 sec in the second half. Harden has earned his right to play through his struggles but sometimes you have to give the pg duties to your actually point guard especailly when harden is avg 5 TO the last 5 games.

1 more last point, some turnovers by our backcourt are caused by Asik's poor hands, I believe that will be rectified in the future.

I have a lot more observations but this will do for now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users