Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  txtdo1411 : (05 March 2015 - 06:34 PM) Anybody else think it's funny that Harden gets all this flak for "baiting" officials, yet Westbrook only averages 0.3 less FTA per game and you never hear one word about it? Is it because Westbrook is typically making "wow" plays when he doesn't get fouled? Even if he goes to the line 20 times (like last night), he still has a play or two that just make your jaw drop.
@  txtdo1411 : (05 March 2015 - 06:28 PM) I feel like he's definitely gaining the most publicity at the moment. It just depends on what voters care about. Their record won't be great, and his fg percentages are pretty atrocious, so it depends on how much weight they put into that.
@  majik19 : (05 March 2015 - 03:36 PM) Is anyone else thinking that Westbrook is taking over the MVP conversation...? I know Harden has played ~15 more games... but by the end of the season, that won't be too significant
@  thejohnnygold : (05 March 2015 - 06:13 AM) NBA.com publishes them....they take a little time
@  TTrainW : (05 March 2015 - 03:17 AM) @JG where do you get the ref reports after games?
@  thejohnnygold : (04 March 2015 - 02:25 PM) @Yaoman--I guess it's whatever you want to be worried about. One loss is a 1/2 game move in the standings--not a full point. Head to head is a full point. Further, divisional records come into play for tiebreakers and such. I was never endorsing skipping ATL--why would we do that? Besides, is there really much benefit to moving to the 2 seed? The 4 seed? I forget who it was, but I agree that keeping the 3rd is ideal as it prolongs any chance of seeing GSW the longest.
@  King's G... : (04 March 2015 - 10:34 AM) @cooper we couldnt closed even when Harden played in the first game
@  King's G... : (04 March 2015 - 09:56 AM) nice game were equally good with or without Harden and dwight
@  TTrainW : (04 March 2015 - 03:29 AM) passing was just really sloppy. there were some times where we tried to get it to the post to run a play but the passing just wasn't crisp or on point.
@  Mario Peña : (04 March 2015 - 03:14 AM) Good first 40 minutes and hopefully these rotation players have learned something about crunch time execution and effort.
@  Cooper : (04 March 2015 - 02:51 AM) can't close without harden.
@  TTrainW : (04 March 2015 - 02:37 AM) intensity
@  jorgeaam : (04 March 2015 - 02:34 AM) BENCH JOSH SMITH NOW!!!
@  jorgeaam : (04 March 2015 - 02:30 AM) Ok, let's stop running the offense through Josh Smith now
@  thenit : (04 March 2015 - 01:31 AM) DMo on pace for a quad double
@  TTrainW : (04 March 2015 - 01:25 AM) this game is pretty encouraging
@  jorgeaam : (04 March 2015 - 12:55 AM) I like the ball movement the first unit is showing without Harden, it seems everybody is touching the ball
@  YaoMan : (03 March 2015 - 11:33 PM) Corey is brewing up a storm tonight! And TJ is going to grab 15 boards and block 5 shots!
@  Losthief : (03 March 2015 - 11:31 PM) joke...pfft...it's the expectation lol!
@  Sir Thursday : (03 March 2015 - 11:23 PM) Oh wait, just saw cointurtlemoose already made that joke.

Photo

Houston Rockets @ Boston Celtics on 1/11/13

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

New post: Houston Rockets @ Boston Celtics on 1/11/13

#2 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 3,907 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

I feel like we should let D-Mo get extensive minutes tonight against Garnett. Yes, he will get torched, but it will be a great education for his long-term development. Plus, his quickness might get Garnett into some early foul trouble. Besides, I don't feel like Asik matches up well with Garnett at center because KG's range will pull Asik out of the paint and out of his most useful position on the court....unless we play zone, I guess.

I like our match-ups at the other positions...Lin will have his hands full, but should be able to play up on Rondo limiting his ability to drive. I guess we'll see....

#3 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

thejohnnygold:
did you see this game?

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#4 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

New post: Boston Celtics 103, Houston Rockets 91: Free Throws are kind of important.

#5 Forrest Walker

Forrest Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

The Rockets are so gassed. It's painful to watch them come into each game with the tank a little closer to empty. McHale keeps sticking to his rotations, and the guys are getting more tired and still losing. I think if they can't start winning these sloppy b2b games, you might as well give the bench some burn, right? Maybe you drop one, but then someone can actually hit some shots.

I'm dreading what to tomorrow's game will look like. The sixers aren't good right now, but they can play defense. If they pack the paint and the Rockets still can't hit threes or free throws, there's little to be done.

#6 Heredia

Heredia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

The refs were terrible this game..

#7 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

A couple points about the draft picks:
1. Sullinger went #20 because he has chronic back issues which could cut his career short after a few productive years. The Celtics were drafting for today; the Rockets were drafting for the future.
2. The Rockets' view of Morris' upside as a post presence was as a SF, not as a PF. At best I could see him breaking out as Carl Landry 2.0. For his sake, I would like the Rockets to trade him to a team where he can really play as a 3 in exhange for an elite starting 4 (he'd be part of a package of course).
On that note, it's been impressive to see Morris play so hard this year despite not being in his preferred position.

#8 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 3,907 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

thejohnnygold:
did you see this game?

I did not, and from reading the recap I think I am glad.

#9 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I did not, and from reading the recap I think I am glad.

this was the perfect game to show why the rockets need a low post option. when boston slowed down the running attack we could not score effectively. it also showed why parson can't play the 4 position(bass ate his lunch) even though he had a good game. boston turned us into a jump shot team that's why we lost in addition to freethrows. our half court offense stinks. we need a post player. I saw d-mo only at the very end when this might have been the perfect game for him to help us, but that's on mc hale and that's a hole seperate issue B)

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users