Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  bboley24 : (25 July 2014 - 02:32 AM) D League or not... he's here and he's working out with the best... it's good for all around... Sergio.
@  Buckko : (25 July 2014 - 12:16 AM) Well shots fired between harden and parsons.
@  majik19 : (24 July 2014 - 09:09 PM) He'll spend likely the whole season with the D-league team. He's 4th on the depth chart, at best.
@  txtdo1411 : (24 July 2014 - 03:51 PM) I like it as well YaoMan. You can't ever have enough long and athletic big men. It will be nice to see how he develops.
@  YaoMan : (24 July 2014 - 03:40 PM) Rockets sign Clint Capela and has been added to their regular season roster - I like this. He's got a high ceiling...
@  slick shoes : (22 July 2014 - 03:11 AM) live by the three, die by the three.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:54 AM) 21% on three pointers by Canaan and company, damn.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:51 AM) Rockets Summer Leaguers shot 32%, rough ending.
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:01 PM) I refer to the writers, as yall due to the multiple of them. We are the loyal readers. I should've word it better.
@  rockets best... : (20 July 2014 - 06:12 PM) we and y'all are the same people :lol:
@  bboley24 : (20 July 2014 - 12:32 PM) who is we and who is yall?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 08:21 AM) Can we get a post about defensive improvement or yall waiting until the defensive assistant gets chosen?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:37 AM) With internal improvement, the defensive minded FA acquisitions, and hopefully a good Defensive minded assistant. The rockets will be closer to a top 5 D than top 10.
@  miketheodio : (20 July 2014 - 05:55 AM) i wonder how much better the starting 5 will be with a wing who actually plays defense
@  rockets best... : (18 July 2014 - 09:26 PM) Kendall Marshall is Ish Smith of a few years ago
@  Cooper : (18 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Lakers waived Kendall Marshall, hes decent.
@  YaoMan : (18 July 2014 - 07:10 PM) @ slick shoes - And I'm bringing muzzles for them ladies in case they feel the need to start!
@  slick shoes : (18 July 2014 - 07:06 PM) @YaoMan I got a bit nervous at the Bosh strike out but one: FA isn't over and two: it's a long way until the trade deadline. As the saying goes, "It's not over until the fat lady sings."
@  YaoMan : (18 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) @ slick shoes, great points. Just nervous energy while all productive FAs are starting to get snatched up!
@  Cooper : (18 July 2014 - 05:24 PM) yeah i doubt they bringing these guys in with the expectation of them being great, we just need guys to soak up some min maybe a few pan out, maybe they don't.

Photo

Houston Rockets @ Boston Celtics on 1/11/13

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

New post: Houston Rockets @ Boston Celtics on 1/11/13

#2 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 3,324 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

I feel like we should let D-Mo get extensive minutes tonight against Garnett. Yes, he will get torched, but it will be a great education for his long-term development. Plus, his quickness might get Garnett into some early foul trouble. Besides, I don't feel like Asik matches up well with Garnett at center because KG's range will pull Asik out of the paint and out of his most useful position on the court....unless we play zone, I guess.

I like our match-ups at the other positions...Lin will have his hands full, but should be able to play up on Rondo limiting his ability to drive. I guess we'll see....

#3 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

thejohnnygold:
did you see this game?

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#4 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

New post: Boston Celtics 103, Houston Rockets 91: Free Throws are kind of important.

#5 Forrest Walker

Forrest Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

The Rockets are so gassed. It's painful to watch them come into each game with the tank a little closer to empty. McHale keeps sticking to his rotations, and the guys are getting more tired and still losing. I think if they can't start winning these sloppy b2b games, you might as well give the bench some burn, right? Maybe you drop one, but then someone can actually hit some shots.

I'm dreading what to tomorrow's game will look like. The sixers aren't good right now, but they can play defense. If they pack the paint and the Rockets still can't hit threes or free throws, there's little to be done.

#6 Heredia

Heredia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

The refs were terrible this game..

#7 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

A couple points about the draft picks:
1. Sullinger went #20 because he has chronic back issues which could cut his career short after a few productive years. The Celtics were drafting for today; the Rockets were drafting for the future.
2. The Rockets' view of Morris' upside as a post presence was as a SF, not as a PF. At best I could see him breaking out as Carl Landry 2.0. For his sake, I would like the Rockets to trade him to a team where he can really play as a 3 in exhange for an elite starting 4 (he'd be part of a package of course).
On that note, it's been impressive to see Morris play so hard this year despite not being in his preferred position.

#8 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 3,324 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

thejohnnygold:
did you see this game?

I did not, and from reading the recap I think I am glad.

#9 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I did not, and from reading the recap I think I am glad.

this was the perfect game to show why the rockets need a low post option. when boston slowed down the running attack we could not score effectively. it also showed why parson can't play the 4 position(bass ate his lunch) even though he had a good game. boston turned us into a jump shot team that's why we lost in addition to freethrows. our half court offense stinks. we need a post player. I saw d-mo only at the very end when this might have been the perfect game for him to help us, but that's on mc hale and that's a hole seperate issue B)

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users