Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Buckko : (01 November 2014 - 04:35 AM) I agree with FSS, we have KD's BFF, however we can sign KD in 2016 along with resigning dwight to a 5 year max while AD gets his 5 year max with NO and then they're FAs at the same time in 2021.
@  thejohnnygold : (31 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) Don't get me wrong. Durant can come on over if he wants to. I'm not turning that down ever. He's just moved to my #2 slot now.
@  Mario Pena (... : (31 October 2014 - 08:38 PM) Hey, Davis would be nice too. I just see the Durant and Harden connection as something that gives Morey somewhere to work from.
@  thejohnnygold : (31 October 2014 - 06:13 PM) I've left the Durant Dream...I'm all aboard the Anthony Davis Express. Morey should get a tattoo of Davis' face on his shoulder and tweet a pic of it to him--as an early recruiting pitch.
@  Mario Pena (... : (31 October 2014 - 12:57 PM) More fuel for the Durant dream.
@  jorgeaam : (31 October 2014 - 06:18 AM) It seems injuries will be the main thing this year again
@  thenit : (31 October 2014 - 04:09 AM) Good news for us. Westbrook out with a hand injury. No Reggie Jackson either. We might get a nice cushion on OKC
@  Cooper : (31 October 2014 - 02:44 AM) Their team d leaves a lot to be desired, bench play was poor as well it is early but the knicks aren't good at all.
@  Mario Pena (... : (31 October 2014 - 02:35 AM) Love's defense on that JR Smith drive was laughable.
@  Losthief : (30 October 2014 - 05:32 PM) yeah...but canaan was playing garbage time...and our guys were not playing well in it, went from 30 point lead to finish margin the 4th. so more like cannan even, bev plus 19, still bev >
@  SadLakerFan : (30 October 2014 - 04:47 AM) Realize that +/- isn't the best stat, but Bev +19 and Canaan -12?
@  thenit : (30 October 2014 - 03:50 AM) Westbrook will lead the league in scoring. Everything is going through him his usage rate must be like 50%
@  Losthief : (30 October 2014 - 03:02 AM) bev just pulled up lame, not good.
@  Losthief : (30 October 2014 - 02:56 AM) omg...harden just got a call out on good d by a jazz announcers!!!!
@  Losthief : (30 October 2014 - 02:56 AM) i've been maintaining the idea ariza vs parsons is a wash, and i think terry makes less mistakes than our guys last year, so he might not bring as much but doesn't take as much away either
@  Fury : (30 October 2014 - 02:54 AM) Maybe losing Chandler isn't quite the problem that the media think it is. We have talent at the top. Depth helps.
@  Fury : (30 October 2014 - 02:54 AM) Maybe it's just me, but I think we're deeper at wing with Ariza/Terry.
@  Losthief : (30 October 2014 - 02:42 AM) maybe silver said something to ;em
@  Losthief : (30 October 2014 - 02:42 AM) yeah....seems like they finally figured it out tho.
@  2016Champions : (30 October 2014 - 01:54 AM) Then he said out of Greece and I put two and two together.

Photo

NBA Discussion: please place all general NBA talk here

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

New post: On the NBA: A few odds and ends

#2 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

What do you all think of getting Fredette from the Kings? We need a backup PG/SG combo to replace Harden/Lin when they come out. I don't think he would cost much and could give a spark off the bench.

Why so Serious? :D

#3 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

What do you all think of getting Fredette from the Kings? We need a backup PG/SG combo to replace Harden/Lin when they come out. I don't think he would cost much and could give a spark off the bench.

Can't see anything like that happening after the Beverley signing.

#4 ItsAllGoodBro

ItsAllGoodBro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

hey hey hey.... Melo is half Puerto Rican! Show us some love!

#5 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

http://sports.yahoo....dGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Suns pursuing Rudy Gay. SMH. Same old Suns, never learning from their past mistakes.

#6 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

http://sports.yahoo....dGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Suns pursuing Rudy Gay. SMH. Same old Suns, never learning from their past mistakes.

LOL oh well glad its them making the same old mistakes and not us.

#7 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Rahat:
trying to pair gortat, gay and dragic sounds like something to work with to me throw in scola and you just might start winning some games. the move ain't all that bad depending on what they give up.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#8 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

I have heard, via Twitter, that the Griz may be shopping Z-Bo also to see if they can find any attractive offers. Seems plausible to me because it's been widely known Gay was available for a while now and yet still no in depth rumors.

Chris Andersen has been evaluated and gone through a workout with the Miami Heat, I think he'd be a huge help in rebounding for them, which is their biggest weakness right now.

Why can't Kenyon Martin find a job? I understand his attitude issues and age but the guy was solid just a few years back- Im sure he could help one of the contenders(ala Miami Heat)

One more note, ESPN Insider is reporting that the Rockets(along with several other teams) may be interested in Donte Green.

#9 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

Rahat:
trying to pair gortat, gay and dragic sounds like something to work with to me throw in scola and you just might start winning some games. the move ain't all that bad depending on what they give up.

I think that's a recipe for sustained mediocrity.

#10 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

I think that's a recipe for sustained mediocrity.

no doubt their no threat to contend for championships, but it's better than the mess they have now. right now mediocrity is an upgrade for them :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#11 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Gay is under one of the worst old-CBA contract, any team taking him will be killing the next two seasons. I think amnesty is more likely...

#12 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

There's a trade I would love to see going through: http://espn.go.com/b...-rudy-gay-chase

Such trade would probably take both teams into the mediocrity zone with no cap money to spend, and along with the trading history the Rockets already have with both (Kyle Lowry...), it could turn into one of these deals where Morey turns assets to wins...

#13 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

According to the Internet, Melo's anger was sparked by comments from KG regarding the former's wife. If that's the case, I don't blame Melo at all.

#14 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

According to the Internet, Melo's anger was sparked by comments from KG regarding the former's wife. If that's the case, I don't blame Melo at all.

I heard KG told melo that his wife tasted like honey nut cherrios. if that's the case then those are fighting words. that's like someone talking about your momma. in my opinion that will get you a fist sandwich :angry:

#15 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

sac has been sold moving to seattle. well I guess I can give up on cousins for this year :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users