Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (19 December 2014 - 05:01 AM) i think its clear Morey didn't want Rondo - we could have topped that deal with Jones, Johnson, Terry, a 1st and a 2nd
@  jorgeaam : (19 December 2014 - 12:16 AM) Yeaaaaaah
Kostas Papanikolaou (knee) will play against the Pelicans on Thursday.
@  jorgeaam : (19 December 2014 - 12:10 AM) Of all the teams he could've gone to, the Mavs :angry:
@  txtdo1411 : (18 December 2014 - 11:50 PM) Rondo to Dallas. Time will tell if it's the right move for the Mavs, but I am happy the Rockets did not trade for him. Wish he would've gone somewhere in the East though.
@  08huangj : (18 December 2014 - 08:36 AM) Unfortunately, Woj didn't say who. Morey is so confusing.
@  08huangj : (18 December 2014 - 08:35 AM) Rockets most likely team to deal before the deadline to trade away the player they acquired. (Dec 19)
@  08huangj : (18 December 2014 - 08:33 AM) Dallas are in "deep" trade discussions with the Celtics to acquire Rajon Rondo.
@  redfaithful : (18 December 2014 - 07:59 AM) Actually Terry is in DAL with his wife...
@  Losthief : (18 December 2014 - 07:36 AM) also did anyone else think canaan looked alot smaller than before the injury? Did he get sick too or just cause he hasn't been working out? (or am i just imagining it?)
@  redfaithful : (18 December 2014 - 07:23 AM) @marbony81110 Terry stayed in HOU with his wife
@  Losthief : (18 December 2014 - 07:22 AM) @marbony terry was out tonight...don't know if it was injury or just saving him on back to backs.
@  jorgeaam : (18 December 2014 - 06:48 AM) It's fun, they know he is taking the shot but can't stop him
@  Willk : (18 December 2014 - 06:37 AM) harden - 8 for last 13 in shots within the last 24 seconds of a game
@  jorgeaam : (18 December 2014 - 06:32 AM) Yes, wins keep piling up
@  marbony81110 : (18 December 2014 - 04:03 AM) These are the coaching decisions I don't understand with McHale. Why is Nick Johnson playing instead of Terry when Canaan is back at PG? Is Terry hurt?
@  jorgeaam : (17 December 2014 - 03:58 AM) Well, there goes another rookie
@  jorgeaam : (17 December 2014 - 03:58 AM) Jabari Parker is out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL
@  jorgeaam : (16 December 2014 - 12:03 AM) Yeah, I saw him as our starting PF some months ago, but he just wouldn't fit our style
@  Sir Thursday : (15 December 2014 - 11:13 PM) @jorgeaam: He can leave at the end of this year, I don't think it's worth it. Especially since I suspect he wouldn't be happy playing backup Centre.
@  jorgeaam : (15 December 2014 - 10:03 PM) "The Pistons are reportedly asking for a first-round pick in exchange for Greg Monroe." Pelicans pick anyone?

Photo

NBA Discussion: please place all general NBA talk here

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

New post: On the NBA: A few odds and ends

#2 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

What do you all think of getting Fredette from the Kings? We need a backup PG/SG combo to replace Harden/Lin when they come out. I don't think he would cost much and could give a spark off the bench.

Why so Serious? :D

#3 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

What do you all think of getting Fredette from the Kings? We need a backup PG/SG combo to replace Harden/Lin when they come out. I don't think he would cost much and could give a spark off the bench.

Can't see anything like that happening after the Beverley signing.

#4 ItsAllGoodBro

ItsAllGoodBro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

hey hey hey.... Melo is half Puerto Rican! Show us some love!

#5 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

http://sports.yahoo....dGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Suns pursuing Rudy Gay. SMH. Same old Suns, never learning from their past mistakes.

#6 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

http://sports.yahoo....dGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Suns pursuing Rudy Gay. SMH. Same old Suns, never learning from their past mistakes.

LOL oh well glad its them making the same old mistakes and not us.

#7 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Rahat:
trying to pair gortat, gay and dragic sounds like something to work with to me throw in scola and you just might start winning some games. the move ain't all that bad depending on what they give up.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#8 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

I have heard, via Twitter, that the Griz may be shopping Z-Bo also to see if they can find any attractive offers. Seems plausible to me because it's been widely known Gay was available for a while now and yet still no in depth rumors.

Chris Andersen has been evaluated and gone through a workout with the Miami Heat, I think he'd be a huge help in rebounding for them, which is their biggest weakness right now.

Why can't Kenyon Martin find a job? I understand his attitude issues and age but the guy was solid just a few years back- Im sure he could help one of the contenders(ala Miami Heat)

One more note, ESPN Insider is reporting that the Rockets(along with several other teams) may be interested in Donte Green.

#9 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

Rahat:
trying to pair gortat, gay and dragic sounds like something to work with to me throw in scola and you just might start winning some games. the move ain't all that bad depending on what they give up.

I think that's a recipe for sustained mediocrity.

#10 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

I think that's a recipe for sustained mediocrity.

no doubt their no threat to contend for championships, but it's better than the mess they have now. right now mediocrity is an upgrade for them :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#11 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Gay is under one of the worst old-CBA contract, any team taking him will be killing the next two seasons. I think amnesty is more likely...

#12 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

There's a trade I would love to see going through: http://espn.go.com/b...-rudy-gay-chase

Such trade would probably take both teams into the mediocrity zone with no cap money to spend, and along with the trading history the Rockets already have with both (Kyle Lowry...), it could turn into one of these deals where Morey turns assets to wins...

#13 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

According to the Internet, Melo's anger was sparked by comments from KG regarding the former's wife. If that's the case, I don't blame Melo at all.

#14 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

According to the Internet, Melo's anger was sparked by comments from KG regarding the former's wife. If that's the case, I don't blame Melo at all.

I heard KG told melo that his wife tasted like honey nut cherrios. if that's the case then those are fighting words. that's like someone talking about your momma. in my opinion that will get you a fist sandwich :angry:

#15 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

sac has been sold moving to seattle. well I guess I can give up on cousins for this year :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users