Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thejohnnygold : (24 September 2014 - 12:37 AM) I believe it is that Harden is insanely good playing off the ball...we simply lack a better ball handler/creator. Hence, Rondo.
@  2016Champions : (23 September 2014 - 05:32 PM) I heard Morey loves Rondo though so there must be something I'm missing.
@  2016Champions : (23 September 2014 - 04:56 PM) Bledsoe played off the ball a lot next to Dragic, right? So wouldn't that make him the better fit in contrast to the ball dominant Rondo?
@  YaoMan : (22 September 2014 - 04:29 PM) Personally I'd rather have Rondo over Bledsoe by far but I'm not sure the chances of getting Rondo are that high but I am hoping
@  redfaithful : (21 September 2014 - 11:40 AM) So many overpaid players in Minnesota... Including a couple ex-Rockets
@  Cooper : (20 September 2014 - 12:48 AM) Bennet? Or they have a couple other young guys.
@  txtdo1411 : (19 September 2014 - 10:29 PM) Did anybody else see that Minny offered Bledsoe a max? I believe they are over the cap, so it would have to be a S&T. I wonder who the Wolves feel they can deal to get Bledsoe.
@  thejohnnygold : (17 September 2014 - 10:46 PM) Nice article about Trevor Ariza. LINK
@  feelingsuper... : (15 September 2014 - 09:01 PM) Okay, I may have been a little harsh down below in my earlier comments but at the very least I agree with Bird, Paul George's comments were thoughtless. Thanks for the link jorgeaam.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2014 - 08:24 PM) Here's a link http://www.sbnation....mestic-violence
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2014 - 08:23 PM) He made some comments about Ray Rice
@  Red94 : (15 September 2014 - 01:50 PM) WOJ just destroyed Coach K this morning.
@  Red94 : (15 September 2014 - 01:50 PM) FSS: what comments of George are you referring to?
@  rocketrick : (14 September 2014 - 12:41 PM) OK
@  thejohnnygold : (13 September 2014 - 03:43 PM) If anyone wants to discuss that please use the "Off-Topic" section of the forum. Thanks.
@  rocketrick : (13 September 2014 - 12:15 PM) Is Danny Ferry a "racist"??
@  feelingsuper... : (12 September 2014 - 02:42 PM) Kind of cool of Fran Fraschilla to acknowledge his false color commentary (on twitter today) during yesterdays game about what D-Mo jokingly said about Harden not eating with the team.
@  feelingsuper... : (11 September 2014 - 05:49 PM) After this morning Paul George doesn't look too good in the court of public opinion. He seems to come off more and more as a douchebag with very low ethical beliefs.
@  redfaithful : (10 September 2014 - 11:29 PM) Watching France dismantle the Spanish star squad, couldn't resist thanking Stern for cancelling the Pau trade - would have been very hard for me to root for him as a Rocket. So much better to have H&H.
@  thejohnnygold : (10 September 2014 - 04:06 PM) Whaaaaa....?

Photo

The Rockets are super fast. Is that good?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

<strong>New post: <a href='http://www.red94.net/fast-good/10804/' title='Click to view linked post'>The Rockets are super fast. Is that good?</a></strong>

#2 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

who is this team you speak of? they represent houston? funny because i cant seem to find them on my television and i live in houston. they sure sound like they would be fun to watch though.

#3 Alituro

Alituro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Man, is this team ever fun to watch (rabbit ears won't pick up the games, you need cable). I don't see any other style that this team could play that would be as successful as this style. They're too young and too newly formed to be able to best older and more experienced opponents at their own game. What is the only thing our team has more of than any other team in the league? Youth. It is our ONLY edge. What one advantages does youth bring? Speed and stamina. It would be foolish not to exploit the one and only thing that sets us apart. Can we keep up this pace all season? Why not? We're 10 deep with youth and there's not a huge talent drop off, save for Harden, coming off the bench. We can manage exhaustion. This pace is even more tiring for the older opponents we face and their stamina will also wane as the season nears the end.

#4 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

i have cable. my comment was a crack at comcast.

#5 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 3,482 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Nice article. I do think that, for now, our pace will not have much, if any, adverse effect over the course of the season. Perhaps this is part of why our defense is sub-par. By reducing defensive intensity they can conserve energy and put it into the offense. The final score doesn't matter...as long as we have one more point than the opponent does. I would still like to see a better PD for the Rockets, but I'll take wins all day long.

#6 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

What about starting Parsons at the PF and Delfino at the SF? If we did that we could trade one of our many PFs for a backup SF. We could get Stephen Jackson from SA as an expiring contract if the price is right. What do you all think?

Why so Serious? :D

#7 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 3,482 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I like Jackson as a player, but not interested in trading for him....maybe as a FA though....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users