Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Willk : (22 October 2014 - 04:25 AM) JG - I agree Papa will be fine and hope not to see any more of ish
@  thejohnnygold : (22 October 2014 - 03:58 AM) I think it's obvious Papa can shoot. His threes are mostly a tad short, but he'll adjust soon enough. I also agree that Smith might have just played himself off the roster.
@  Buckko : (22 October 2014 - 03:37 AM) Training camp-tired legs, so no one cares about how you shoot in preseason.
@  bboley24 : (22 October 2014 - 02:34 AM) PAPA has time... PLEASE GET ISH SMITH OFF OF THIS ROSTER TOMORROW
@  bboley24 : (22 October 2014 - 02:29 AM) PaPa can't hit a three to save his life
@  thejohnnygold : (22 October 2014 - 12:27 AM) for those who don't know, the game is on TNT tonight
@  thejohnnygold : (21 October 2014 - 10:15 PM) This article makes me happy
@  Buckko : (21 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) Plus an article about them http://www.houstonch...dcbcfaaf992f472
@  Buckko : (21 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) http://instagram.com...ideo&modal=true This time its jones and Dmo
@  cointurtlemoose : (20 October 2014 - 04:18 AM) I'm liking Kostas' crafty plays.
@  2016Champions : (20 October 2014 - 12:42 AM) Looks like his form improved. A reliable 3pt shot to take away the likes of Ibaka and Aldridge away from the rim could be huge for Harden's drives to the basket, and hopefully also result in more use of the pick and roll between Harden and Dwight.
@  Buckko : (19 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) I think yall will like this http://instagram.com...ideo&modal=true
@  thenit : (15 October 2014 - 12:35 AM) Asik and Davis looks good together
@  thenit : (14 October 2014 - 01:58 PM) I think we have a shot, but we are still behind Washington and OKC.
@  blakecouey : (14 October 2014 - 04:15 AM) He goes to Longhorn football games regularly, have seen him several times. I think we've got a shot, but wouldn't necessarily say we're a favorite to land KD.
@  Losthief : (14 October 2014 - 12:17 AM) the other thing that helps with durant is he likes texas, still goes/visits to UT Austin most summers iirc.
@  Buckko : (13 October 2014 - 10:46 PM) I really like our chances, because even though D.C. is his hometown, harden is his BFF. Dwight/harden/rockets cast>>>>Wall/beal/wizards cast. Plus no income tax.
@  Cooper : (13 October 2014 - 05:23 PM) I think it helps us and the wiz since both could keep there core and add KD but the cap jumping also helps okc since they are so scared of the tax. they can now keep Jackson and add another guy.
@  thenit : (13 October 2014 - 04:27 AM) Until he returns. So still probably end up top 3
@  thenit : (13 October 2014 - 04:27 AM) I think it makes it less likely because teams will get more money from the tv deal. Also he will miss between 12-15 games and they will be above .500

Photo

Houston Rockets @ Cleveland Cavaliers on 01/05/2013

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

New post: Houston Rockets @ Cleveland Cavaliers on 01/05/2013

#2 DaDakota

DaDakota

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

They are beating the teams they are supposed to beat - even when they struggle. Way ahead of schedule, IMO.

#3 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

New post: Houston Rockets 112, Cleveland Cavaliers 104: Where Kyrie Irving is amazing, but James Harden is even better.

#4 Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

I totally agree with DaDakota. To win the 2nd of a back-to-back on the road--and the 4th game in five nights--is terrific no matter who you are playing. To play well bellow your abilities and still win is a mark of a strong team.

#5 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

The Rockets should not be this good.

#6 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,135 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Could the Rockets be this good or this ahead of schedule because McHale is actually a good coach, and/or some of Morey's analytics are paying dividends and more than anything else just maybe having a star player makes that much of a difference.

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#7 amacbrooks12

amacbrooks12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBronx, New York

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

Has to be a combination of all three. We have to finally give Mchale some props for the way he has coached this team, motivated them, and pushed them through games and tough stretches. Daryl Morey also deserves some credit for aquiring Harden in the first place, the signing of Delfino ( which everyone questioned at first ), and for keeping our bench with young players full of potential. And of course James Harden is the other reason why we are overachieving and ahead of schedule with his consistent superstar play and late game heroics. I am so proud of this team right now.

#8 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,135 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

I agree with what you have written amacbrooks12 it's a combination of all 3 and I am proud of this team as well. I wish I was getting to watch them more.

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#9 Dan G

Dan G

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Sigh I wish I was getting to watch them at all. I got to see the national televised games but I gave up watching them on the computer using firstrow and others like it. Too many ads and too poor quality. It's a shame because I am missing the best season the Rockets have had in quite some time, but thankfully it looks like this is just the beginning of something great.

:lol: All in the game, yo, :D all in the game :lol:!

#10 Bigtkirk

Bigtkirk

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

In terms of Wins Produced to date, Harden has been the best SG in the league, Parsons is a top 10 SF, and Asik and Lin are both top 15 players at their positions. So, PF is the only below NBA-average position on the team. Smith's play off the bench has been a pleasant surprise, and Delfino and Douglas have had their moments in between stretches of mediocrity. Inasmuch as there is a good chance that Asik, Lin and Smith will continue to improve, and it seems likely that Harden and Parsons will continue to play at a high level, my sense is that the Rockets are well-positioned to become the surprise NBA team of the season.

#11 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

@RahatHuq - You're right. They shouldn't. Neither should the Warriors. The Lakers shouldn't be this bad. But as the old saying goes, "that's why they play the game."
But I think their success also shows how far you can get with one elite scorer, one elite defensive big, and a handful of shooters (Delfino, Patterson, Morris, Douglas). I mean, Dallas basically won the championship with that formula two years ago. All of their respective role-players were a step up from what the Rockets have though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users