Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jorgeaam : (29 September 2014 - 09:01 PM) It was a joke, it seemed like Injury Report in there
@  Cooper : (29 September 2014 - 04:03 PM) you're quick
@  jorgeaam : (28 September 2014 - 04:35 AM) Paul George out for the season
@  Buckko : (28 September 2014 - 02:07 AM) Tyreke Evans out 3-5 weeks.
@  Cooper : (27 September 2014 - 01:05 AM) rondo out 6-8 weeks
@  rocketrick : (25 September 2014 - 02:06 PM) I'm not a huge Bill Simmons fan as his "inside information" related to NBA player movement at times is a reach, but today I LOVE me some Bill Simmons! He is willing to say what most everyone feels about one Roger Goodell. Should be a lesson for the NBA prior to the start of the regular season.
@  Cooper : (25 September 2014 - 01:58 AM) Worth the gamble for the suns but was not the best option for the rockets.
@  rocketrick : (25 September 2014 - 12:28 AM) Wow, early reports this morning was 4 years around $50 million and by late this afternoon that had changed to 5 years at $70 million for Eric Bledsoe. Good for him! Much too expensive for the Rockets in my opinion.
@  thenit : (24 September 2014 - 11:51 PM) 5for 70 is what I have seen
@  rocketrick : (24 September 2014 - 01:24 PM) $50 million moreorless per reports.
@  rocketrick : (24 September 2014 - 01:24 PM) Like I posted on numerous occasions, chasing Bledsoe was a waste of time. Reports this morning indicate he is close to signing a 4-year deal for P million moreorless, to stay a Sun going forward.
@  thejohnnygold : (24 September 2014 - 12:37 AM) I believe it is that Harden is insanely good playing off the ball...we simply lack a better ball handler/creator. Hence, Rondo.
@  2016Champions : (23 September 2014 - 05:32 PM) I heard Morey loves Rondo though so there must be something I'm missing.
@  2016Champions : (23 September 2014 - 04:56 PM) Bledsoe played off the ball a lot next to Dragic, right? So wouldn't that make him the better fit in contrast to the ball dominant Rondo?
@  YaoMan : (22 September 2014 - 04:29 PM) Personally I'd rather have Rondo over Bledsoe by far but I'm not sure the chances of getting Rondo are that high but I am hoping
@  redfaithful : (21 September 2014 - 11:40 AM) So many overpaid players in Minnesota... Including a couple ex-Rockets
@  Cooper : (20 September 2014 - 12:48 AM) Bennet? Or they have a couple other young guys.
@  txtdo1411 : (19 September 2014 - 10:29 PM) Did anybody else see that Minny offered Bledsoe a max? I believe they are over the cap, so it would have to be a S&T. I wonder who the Wolves feel they can deal to get Bledsoe.
@  thejohnnygold : (17 September 2014 - 10:46 PM) Nice article about Trevor Ariza. LINK
@  feelingsuper... : (15 September 2014 - 09:01 PM) Okay, I may have been a little harsh down below in my earlier comments but at the very least I agree with Bird, Paul George's comments were thoughtless. Thanks for the link jorgeaam.

Photo

Preview: Memphis Grizzlies @ Houston Rockets

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

New post: Preview: Memphis Grizzlies @ Houston Rockets

#2 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Really good preview :). I think the key is going to be whether Harden can break Tony Allen's shackles and still put up the superstar numbers he's been churning out recently. The teams that have had success against Harden have been able to put a lockdown perimeter defender on him - his worst games so far (I exclude the Utah game when he had the flu):

vs. Denver: 15 PTS, 5-15 FG, 6 TOs (Iguodala)
@ Memphis: 18 PTS, 4-18 FG, 5 TOs (Allen)
@ Oklahoma City: 17 PTS, 3-16 FG, 3 TOs (Sefalosha)
vs LA Lakers: 15 PTs, 3-19 FG, 4 TOs (MWP)

Fortunately, there aren't that many teams around that can boast the necessary high-quality perimeter stopper to pull this off, but this is nevertheless the one hard counter that we've seen to Harden's game so far. It will be critical to both his and the Rockets' long term success for him to figure out a way around it - in the modern NBA if you've got a weakness, teams will spot it quickly and figure out a way to exploit it.

Of course it's nice that even in his worst games Harden is still able to put up 15 points! It's a very nice luxury having him around.

ST

#3 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Boy, we haven't had that kind of luxury for a very long time :D

#4 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

By the way, HUUUUUUGE WIN TONIGHT! Like it was noted, we had to run all over, and we outscored them 33-3 in fastbreak points (not that they rely on that, but we do and we took the most of it).

Also noted that we had to keep Gay in line: only 6 points. Conley only had 6 assists and Gasol only 5 rebounds! We really neutralized them, talk about a homework done, right?

My favourite recurrent part of the game was Lin and Smith PnR, Smith rolling to the basket and Lin assisting one-handedly :D Also, almost 43% from beyond the arc.

We may not get into the playoffs, but this is going to be fun no matter what

#5 Dan G

Dan G

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

We may not get into the playoffs, but this is going to be fun no matter what

At the beginning of the season I didn't think there was even the remote possibility that we would see postseason action, but now I don't see why we wouldn't. I know there are some good teams that are below us (LAL, DAL) but I feel Golden State will fade like they always do and Utah and Minnesota are just as iffy us. Denver is not playing good, consistent basketball. I actually like our chances and we all know the Rockets have been historically a second half team over the last decade or so, and that should bode in our favor especially since with each passing game, the youngest team in the NBA is getting a little bit older.

As long as we can hover around .500 during this brutal stretch in our schedule, I think we will be just fine going forward. Add to the fact there's no telling what we may pick up at the trade deadline and in the end when it is all said and done, we may even be battling for the 6th or 7th seed.

#6 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

I know, but I mean that it's not like the last few years....even though we are getting our hopes high, I wouldn't consider failing to enter this year's playoffs as a complete failure. We have to be able to look at the forest and not the tree that stands in front of us right now. This is a year to sit back and relax a bit. Even if we get to the playoffs and we are wiped out in the first round, it would be a great ride. But I completely understand that it is a real possibility to get that 6th, 7th, 8th seed, we are capable given some circumstances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users