Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thejohnnygold : (15 March 2017 - 12:58 PM) I'm in!
@  DenverRocket : (15 March 2017 - 02:12 AM) You can join my not knowing anything club! :-)
@  slick shoes : (15 March 2017 - 01:34 AM) I filled one out. I don't know anything about college ball so everything was gut feel. wish me luck!
@  DenverRocket : (15 March 2017 - 12:06 AM) If anyone is interested in joining a Red94 bracket challenge, I've set one up here: http://games.espn.co...groupID=1517203
@  slick shoes : (14 March 2017 - 02:48 PM) As much fun as it is to watch the Warriors lose, I'm gonna need them to go ahead and take 1st place again so that we can potentially avoid them until the WCF.
@  SadLakerFan : (13 March 2017 - 02:24 PM) My Lakers coming into town. Hope Bev can cover our SG of the future David Nwaba. He's lighting it up.
@  thejohnnygold : (08 March 2017 - 11:24 PM) I'm not really finding much info on it. We'll see if it persists or was just one of those things that happens in competition sometimes.
@  slick shoes : (07 March 2017 - 06:00 PM) Interesting to see that Dwight is having some of the same issues in Atlanta that he had here.
@  thejohnnygold : (27 February 2017 - 05:43 AM) I don't think this is all or nothing. We've still got some defensive issues to deal with, but this team can give anyone a run for their money.
@  slick shoes : (26 February 2017 - 11:38 PM) i just hope to legitimately compete for the title. winning is only a bonus.
@  rocketrick : (26 February 2017 - 06:19 PM) All the moaning and groaning will suddenly appear should the Rockets fail to win the Title this season. It is What It Is........
@  thejohnnygold : (26 February 2017 - 03:25 PM) Anybody else watching the new and improved Rockets? Looking good so far...
@  slick shoes : (23 February 2017 - 09:17 PM) PG was reported to be dealt today by the deadline, but wouldn't commit to sign long term with ANY team other than the... Lakers?
@  slick shoes : (23 February 2017 - 09:10 PM) Tyler Ennis to the Lakers. Looks to be a good working relationship between Magic and Morey.
@  slick shoes : (23 February 2017 - 09:03 PM) I'll pass on Bogut all day long. I agree with, JG. Let's bring up Onuaku before we start bringing in new guys/salaries.
@  rocketrick : (23 February 2017 - 08:05 PM) Opens up Cap Space for someone like Bogut or Sanders or another big that may be bought out later this week by their team..........
@  slick shoes : (23 February 2017 - 08:02 PM) I hope that KJ can get some playing time with the Nets.
@  thejohnnygold : (10 February 2017 - 02:54 PM) I'll take him!
@  slick shoes : (10 February 2017 - 12:48 PM) Little too late in the season for him to save me, I think.
@  thejohnnygold : (09 February 2017 - 11:22 PM) Yeah...but I think you might enjoy what's about to happen with Giannis ;)

Photo

Preview: Memphis Grizzlies @ Houston Rockets

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

New post: Preview: Memphis Grizzlies @ Houston Rockets

#2 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Really good preview :). I think the key is going to be whether Harden can break Tony Allen's shackles and still put up the superstar numbers he's been churning out recently. The teams that have had success against Harden have been able to put a lockdown perimeter defender on him - his worst games so far (I exclude the Utah game when he had the flu):

vs. Denver: 15 PTS, 5-15 FG, 6 TOs (Iguodala)
@ Memphis: 18 PTS, 4-18 FG, 5 TOs (Allen)
@ Oklahoma City: 17 PTS, 3-16 FG, 3 TOs (Sefalosha)
vs LA Lakers: 15 PTs, 3-19 FG, 4 TOs (MWP)

Fortunately, there aren't that many teams around that can boast the necessary high-quality perimeter stopper to pull this off, but this is nevertheless the one hard counter that we've seen to Harden's game so far. It will be critical to both his and the Rockets' long term success for him to figure out a way around it - in the modern NBA if you've got a weakness, teams will spot it quickly and figure out a way to exploit it.

Of course it's nice that even in his worst games Harden is still able to put up 15 points! It's a very nice luxury having him around.

ST

#3 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Boy, we haven't had that kind of luxury for a very long time :D

#4 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

By the way, HUUUUUUGE WIN TONIGHT! Like it was noted, we had to run all over, and we outscored them 33-3 in fastbreak points (not that they rely on that, but we do and we took the most of it).

Also noted that we had to keep Gay in line: only 6 points. Conley only had 6 assists and Gasol only 5 rebounds! We really neutralized them, talk about a homework done, right?

My favourite recurrent part of the game was Lin and Smith PnR, Smith rolling to the basket and Lin assisting one-handedly :D Also, almost 43% from beyond the arc.

We may not get into the playoffs, but this is going to be fun no matter what

#5 Dan G

Dan G

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

We may not get into the playoffs, but this is going to be fun no matter what

At the beginning of the season I didn't think there was even the remote possibility that we would see postseason action, but now I don't see why we wouldn't. I know there are some good teams that are below us (LAL, DAL) but I feel Golden State will fade like they always do and Utah and Minnesota are just as iffy us. Denver is not playing good, consistent basketball. I actually like our chances and we all know the Rockets have been historically a second half team over the last decade or so, and that should bode in our favor especially since with each passing game, the youngest team in the NBA is getting a little bit older.

As long as we can hover around .500 during this brutal stretch in our schedule, I think we will be just fine going forward. Add to the fact there's no telling what we may pick up at the trade deadline and in the end when it is all said and done, we may even be battling for the 6th or 7th seed.

:lol: All in the game, yo, :D all in the game :lol:!

#6 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

I know, but I mean that it's not like the last few years....even though we are getting our hopes high, I wouldn't consider failing to enter this year's playoffs as a complete failure. We have to be able to look at the forest and not the tree that stands in front of us right now. This is a year to sit back and relax a bit. Even if we get to the playoffs and we are wiped out in the first round, it would be a great ride. But I completely understand that it is a real possibility to get that 6th, 7th, 8th seed, we are capable given some circumstances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users