Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jorgeaam : (17 December 2014 - 03:58 AM) Well, there goes another rookie
@  jorgeaam : (17 December 2014 - 03:58 AM) Jabari Parker is out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL
@  jorgeaam : (16 December 2014 - 12:03 AM) Yeah, I saw him as our starting PF some months ago, but he just wouldn't fit our style
@  Sir Thursday : (15 December 2014 - 11:13 PM) @jorgeaam: He can leave at the end of this year, I don't think it's worth it. Especially since I suspect he wouldn't be happy playing backup Centre.
@  jorgeaam : (15 December 2014 - 10:03 PM) "The Pistons are reportedly asking for a first-round pick in exchange for Greg Monroe." Pelicans pick anyone?
@  jorgeaam : (13 December 2014 - 09:53 PM) Dwight WILL be back tonight :D
@  08huangj : (13 December 2014 - 10:33 AM) Howard "aiming" to come back tommorow today against Denver.
@  thenit : (12 December 2014 - 04:50 PM) http://www.thescore....nba/news/655861 Here in Canada, Harden is getting his due and love
@  Mario Peña : (12 December 2014 - 04:12 PM) Good win by the Rockets last night with some impressive defensive stretches.
@  jorgeaam : (10 December 2014 - 11:47 PM) Harden playing tonight, Howard out today and tomorrow
@  YaoMan : (09 December 2014 - 06:28 PM) Hope so too. They barely have enough players to suit up in a game...these injuries are piling up
@  jorgeaam : (09 December 2014 - 06:07 PM) He had back tightness, but I hope he will be ok tomorrow
@  YaoMan : (09 December 2014 - 06:06 PM) Does anyone know if Harden was injured from the Phoenix game?
@  jorgeaam : (09 December 2014 - 06:29 AM) Well, Morey already tweeted about it
@  Dan G : (09 December 2014 - 05:34 AM) Now we just need that clip to go viral Adi.
@  Adi1008 : (09 December 2014 - 03:58 AM)
@  Mario Peña : (07 December 2014 - 04:46 AM) Beverley is still a game changer for the Rockets, good to see him back on the court.
@  08huangj : (07 December 2014 - 01:38 AM) Bev is playing as an substitute tonight
@  jorgeaam : (06 December 2014 - 11:32 PM) Bev is playing tonight
@  Dan G : (06 December 2014 - 10:09 PM) It's*

Photo

Should the Rockets try to trade for Demarcus Cousins?

Demarcus Cousins Rockets Trade Morey

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Paradise

Paradise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

I really believe that the Rockets should make some moves and try to land Cousins. I think he's a fantastic ball player, with amazing potential. Yes he is rough around the edges, but I truly believe that with him, and Harden we can make a push to the next step, which is Championship contention.

After yesterday with him punching O.J. Mayo in the groin, and his various other stunts, I think that Morey can convince the Kings for a trade, possibly pushing out PPat, and another player.

What do you guys think of this?

#2 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

No. He is venom. There is not one troubled person on our team excluding Royce which has no relevance anyway. I know you're down with the Kentucky... why can't ppat suffice for you!?

WHERE IS ROYCE WHITE!?

#3 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

I agree with your points that he can be a very good player, but adding a bad influence/questionable character guy to a young team could be detrimental to the future of our club.
I would rather see us wait closer to the deadline and see where we're at. If it looks like we're in the hunt, make a move for an established guy. If we're out of it or the path looks rough, I'd be excited to see us trade someone for a good lottery chance.

#4 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

No he's to unstable to give up what sac would want for him, I'd rather go for Evans if we getting someone from the kings.

#5 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Honestly I see PPat as the only guy who has a chance to get through to Cousins on our roster. I know Blatche is having a breakout season, but he had already hit rock bottom in Washington. I don't think Boogie has gotten there yet.

#6 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

if the rockets can get cousins without giving up harden,asik,jones or monte it would be a steal. even if you don't like the head games you gotta admit the kid has allstar talent at a weak position in the league. I believe we can handle him better than the kings. cousins+harden can be special and if we can include white in the deal that (IMO) is a blockbuster.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#7 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

i honestly think a lot of cousions problems are also caused by how horrible the kings are run, that franchise is a trainwreck. With a good organization and good role models around him he could do amazing things, he is a rare talent.

#8 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Cousins does have a world of talent...but he is far,far from having the remotest idea of what maturity and professionalism are.
The second time Cousins doesn't even bother to so much as jog back on D,McHale would yank his butt and bench him for eternity.
Cousins is going to take YEARS before he comes close to having a clue-if it ever happens. It'll probably happen on his third team.

But of more immediate import,the Kings have committed themselves to Cousins. They simply won't trade him. They've chosen Cousins over Tyreke and they aren't changing their minds anytime soon.

#9 Yosembok

Yosembok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

Kevin Love

#10 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

Kevin Love

while the rockets can't go wrong with cousins or love I prefer cousins. I think when he reaches his ceiling he can become possible top 5 in the league with the right coaching. and by the way welcome to the fourm :rolleyes:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#11 amacbrooks12

amacbrooks12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBronx, New York

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

woah, I'd take Kevin Love over Demarcus Cousins ANYDAY.

#12 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

I agree with amacbrooks, Kevin Love over Demarcus Cousins. Though the chances of either of the players coming to the Rockets in the next few years is slim to nil.

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#13 Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Yes!!! If he doesn't work out and proves to be a really bad citizen, he's has a relatively short contract, so the risks are minimal and there is tremendous upside here.

#14 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 3,705 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Two words: Derrick Coleman

#15 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Yes!!! If he doesn't work out and proves to be a really bad citizen, he's has a relatively short contract, so the risks are minimal and there is tremendous upside here.

There would be risk because sac won't give him up for cheap

#16 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

There would be risk because sac won't give him up for cheap

#17 Yosembok

Yosembok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

Just watched Cousins against the Warriors, he is just so immature. He got called for a block and he imitates the refmaking the call. Luckliy for him,he didn't get a T as healready had 5 fouls. Too emotionally immature that could blow at any time andcst you the game. No thank you, he isn't worth the headaches.

#18 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

I agree cousins is immature, but I believe the rockets can turn this guy. their is no questioning his talent. the guy is an oversized kid who needs to grow up. he's not a bad kid he just need someone to channel and focus his attention and energy on polishing his game. I think the rockets are the right team to pull that out of him. the kings front office is a mess and there is no leadership in the locker room. that's a major part of the problem. the kings don't really want to trade him so I would be more worried about what they may want in return. I think their asking price may be to high.

#19 Yosembok

Yosembok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

I agree cousins is immature, but I believe the rockets can turn this guy. their is no questioning his talent. the guy is an oversized kid who needs to grow up. he's not a bad kid he just need someone to channel and focus his attention and energy on polishing his game. I think the rockets are the right team to pull that out of him. the kings front office is a mess and there is no leadership in the locker room. that's a major part of the problem. the kings don't really want to trade him so I would be more worried about what they may want in return. I think their asking price may be to high.

Haven't seen if McHale s tough enough to handle someone like Cousins. Someone like Mike Woodson who would get in his grill and bench him for multiple games is what he needs. He is going to eat any coach that's soft and doesn't have owner's support, but, like you said he has world of talent and some of the best hands I've seen. Unfortunately, his brain is light years behind his talent. Maybe he needs to get cut like Blatche before he straightens out.

#20 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

New post: Sacramento Kings suspend forward DeMarcus Cousins indefinitely

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demarcus Cousins, Rockets, Trade, Morey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users