Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:56 AM) It doesnt help when Bev looks like he lost a step since the surgery and now we have 2 wing defenders who can't defend. So Bev has become Lin with worse offensive skills and shooting
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:55 AM) Thought last year he finally got it by at least exerting effort and by seeing the results he will be even more willing to play a two way game. Sadly I was completely wrong, he is worse than his first year here
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:53 AM) Harden is the new Carmelo, high volume usage, scorer, with no D and effort. Will never win a championship with him
@  thenit : (01 December 2015 - 04:52 AM) Its the curse of the Kardashian clan, seriously though Harden can score 80 and it still be close because he doesn't defend. Too many times he just stands there. Not even trying, fame has gone to his head.
@  Jatman20 : (01 December 2015 - 04:08 AM) Opps....on us
@  Jatman20 : (01 December 2015 - 04:07 AM) Rockets have gone Wizard of Oz no us !! No Heart (Harden still looks heartbroken over Chloe), No courage and No Brains (Bickerstaff is less of a coach than McHale at this stage in their careers).
@  majik19 : (01 December 2015 - 03:29 AM) We should've fired Bickerstaff, not McHale. Our defense is killing us.
@  Jatman20 : (01 December 2015 - 02:54 AM) Time to go scorched earth on the Rockets roster!!
@  Cooper : (01 December 2015 - 02:28 AM) on the semi plus side Lawson doesn't look like the absolute worst player in the league.
@  Willk : (01 December 2015 - 01:29 AM) this team needs to be booed from the start of the game to the end of the game during their next home game. This effort is pathetic
@  cointurtlemoose : (30 November 2015 - 03:32 AM) A mix of really bad and really good tonight, but it was a gutsy comeback!
@  slick shoes : (30 November 2015 - 01:38 AM) that was more of a rhetorical question, but good to see you're on your game ;)
@  jorgeaam : (29 November 2015 - 08:12 PM) 7/12 shooting from the field, 8/9 from the line
@  jorgeaam : (29 November 2015 - 08:12 PM) 6, he also had 5 assists and 7 rebounds
@  slick shoes : (29 November 2015 - 05:46 PM) how many treys did Covington bury?
@  jorgeaam : (29 November 2015 - 07:03 AM) I can't believe the lines players are posting against the rockets, Porzingis had 7 blocks the other day and Covington had 8 steals last game, that is insane
@  majik19 : (28 November 2015 - 04:46 AM) Harden scores 50 and we STILL only beat the 76ers by 2 pts. What is happening?
@  clydesmoustache : (26 November 2015 - 10:01 PM) It is unbelievable that this time last year I thought the Warriors were overrated and that the Rockets had the wood on them. Times change QUICK!
@  Mario Peña : (25 November 2015 - 05:12 PM) You're right. Sorry, I don't really hate anything but really really really can't stand the Warriors!
@  txtdo1411 : (25 November 2015 - 05:03 PM) Agreed Mario. I respect the Warriors for the kind of team they are, and what they are doing this season... The hatred (or we can call it what it really is, jealousy) continues to grow by the day.

A most improved Patrick Patterson

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

New post: A most improved Patrick Patterson

#2 goRockets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Yup having a stretch 4 is very valuable for Rockets, will help open up the floor for Lin and Harden, making them more dangerous to opponents as well by keeping defenses honest. Nice to see Rockets, though so young, have a lot of talented players who are capable of scoring. It's a pick your poison kind of offense. Not to mention both Harden and Lin can play the point pretty effectively and are great pick and roll guards, who are aggressive attacking the basket. Also helps to have a team with so many shooters who can be dangerous shooting the 3 ball, Parsons, Patterson, Harden, Lin, Delfino, Morris, etc.

#3 ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

100% agreed on last comment. I think we all feel the same way about it

#4 Winkfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I don't really understand the premise of this article. Patterson took an area of strength, his jump shot, and improved it with added range. He didn't add a new skill.

#5 Bigtkirk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

I'm curious as to how many points the Rockets are averaging per 100 minutes with Patterson in the lineup in comparison to say, Morris.

#6 rocketrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

In my mind, Marcus Morris is more of a 3, or at minimum, a tweener between the 3 and 4. He just doesn't have the bulk to play against some of the more powerful 4's in our league. If Motiejunas or Jones could develop their game better, perhaps they would have some opportunity playing backup 4 to Patterson on certain nights when the opposing team has more powerful 4's on the floor. It seems Marcus Morris is getting opportunities against smaller 4's the early part of the season (and more powerful 4's to this point of the season simply because the rookies haven't proven themselves ready for regular game action) but I just don't see that happening for the entire season. Morris has certainly shown some positive signs and I hope he can settle into playing the 3 on a more regular basis at some point in the season. It will be difficult, to say the least, for Morris to move past Chandler Parsons and Carlos Delfino in the rotation they way both have started off this season and instead may have to rely more on opportunities when one of our regular guys misses some games due to injury and will need to shine when those opportunities come along as they will..

#7 rocketrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Just wondering if Greg Smith might be able to handle some playing time at the 4 this season for the Rockets. I would like to see the combination of Greg Smith and Asik getting some playing time together to see how they would mesh. It probably wouldn't work because neither has an outside shot and this tandem wouldn't be able to spread the floor as effectively as when Patrick Patterson is in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users