Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thejohnnygold : (23 December 2014 - 12:40 AM) Morey's got this team so close to perfect I don't think he brings Smith in unless he is 100% sure Smith is healthy and that he is on board with his role here. We don't NEED him, but used properly he can be a game changer for us.
@  majik19 : (22 December 2014 - 10:12 PM) Would Josh Smith be the missing piece or the chemistry destroyer? I don't feel like there is much in between.
@  jorgeaam : (22 December 2014 - 09:39 PM) "Josh Smith has been linked to the Heat in addition to the Kings, Clippers and Mavericks, but the Rockets remain the apparent frontrunner to sign him once he clears waivers" according to Sun-Sentinel
@  Dan G : (22 December 2014 - 07:32 PM) I don't know man, I'm intrigued. Maybe he can play into our system well. Him and Howard are besties and do we want him going to the Mavs or Clippers and end up doing well for either of those teams?
@  cointurtlemoose : (22 December 2014 - 07:07 PM) Plleeeaaaassseeee Morey, stay awaaayyyyyy
@  jorgeaam : (22 December 2014 - 05:03 PM) Guys, Detroit just waived Josh Smith
@  YaoMan : (21 December 2014 - 01:53 AM) They can't do anything right now. ATL is getting layups after layups and Rox can't throw the ball in the ocean...
@  txtdo1411 : (20 December 2014 - 05:10 PM) I disagree Cooper. He is a fairly good handler and passer, so I could see him cutting into Canaan's minutes with the second unit.
@  Cooper : (20 December 2014 - 12:24 AM) Ideally shved isn't going to play a whole lot
@  jorgeaam : (20 December 2014 - 12:22 AM) Philly has become the official dumpster of the nba
@  YaoMan : (20 December 2014 - 12:20 AM) Giving Rockets lots of options. Terry and Shved can play together when Harden and Bev are resting...
@  jorgeaam : (20 December 2014 - 12:18 AM) He's 6'6 and can handle the ball
@  jorgeaam : (20 December 2014 - 12:18 AM) Yes, Shved is probably playing PG/SG
@  YaoMan : (20 December 2014 - 12:15 AM) Is Shved going to play back up PG? Would that also mean Papa gets more time at the 4?
@  YaoMan : (20 December 2014 - 12:04 AM) Shved is coming to the Rockets too???
@  jorgeaam : (19 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) Alexey Shved has been traded to the Rockets in exchange for Ronny Turiaf./ Rockets waive G/F Francisco Garcia.
@  jorgeaam : (19 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) There we go
@  thenit : (19 December 2014 - 10:16 PM) I think Morey wanted Brewer from the get go. But he got them mixed up last season and got the wrong one.
@  YaoMan : (19 December 2014 - 09:43 PM) With Brewer, the Rox can have superior defense all around. Imagine Brewer, Ariza, Howard and Bev pestering the heck out of opposing offenses...
@  Mario Peña : (19 December 2014 - 08:32 PM) This is good news and hopefully Brewer slips right in.

Photo

A most improved Patrick Patterson

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

New post: A most improved Patrick Patterson

#2 goRockets

goRockets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Yup having a stretch 4 is very valuable for Rockets, will help open up the floor for Lin and Harden, making them more dangerous to opponents as well by keeping defenses honest. Nice to see Rockets, though so young, have a lot of talented players who are capable of scoring. It's a pick your poison kind of offense. Not to mention both Harden and Lin can play the point pretty effectively and are great pick and roll guards, who are aggressive attacking the basket. Also helps to have a team with so many shooters who can be dangerous shooting the 3 ball, Parsons, Patterson, Harden, Lin, Delfino, Morris, etc.

#3 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

100% agreed on last comment. I think we all feel the same way about it

#4 Winkfan

Winkfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I don't really understand the premise of this article. Patterson took an area of strength, his jump shot, and improved it with added range. He didn't add a new skill.

#5 Bigtkirk

Bigtkirk

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

I'm curious as to how many points the Rockets are averaging per 100 minutes with Patterson in the lineup in comparison to say, Morris.

#6 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

In my mind, Marcus Morris is more of a 3, or at minimum, a tweener between the 3 and 4. He just doesn't have the bulk to play against some of the more powerful 4's in our league. If Motiejunas or Jones could develop their game better, perhaps they would have some opportunity playing backup 4 to Patterson on certain nights when the opposing team has more powerful 4's on the floor. It seems Marcus Morris is getting opportunities against smaller 4's the early part of the season (and more powerful 4's to this point of the season simply because the rookies haven't proven themselves ready for regular game action) but I just don't see that happening for the entire season. Morris has certainly shown some positive signs and I hope he can settle into playing the 3 on a more regular basis at some point in the season. It will be difficult, to say the least, for Morris to move past Chandler Parsons and Carlos Delfino in the rotation they way both have started off this season and instead may have to rely more on opportunities when one of our regular guys misses some games due to injury and will need to shine when those opportunities come along as they will..

#7 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Just wondering if Greg Smith might be able to handle some playing time at the 4 this season for the Rockets. I would like to see the combination of Greg Smith and Asik getting some playing time together to see how they would mesh. It probably wouldn't work because neither has an outside shot and this tandem wouldn't be able to spread the floor as effectively as when Patrick Patterson is in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users