Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  SadLakerFan : (27 November 2014 - 05:00 AM) Another brutal game from CP. Mavs somehow win despite going 4-31 from three-pt range.
@  jorgeaam : (27 November 2014 - 02:48 AM) So hack-a-Dorsey because Howard is not playing?
@  jorgeaam : (27 November 2014 - 01:30 AM) Hahaha, let's hope they don't
@  Dayak : (27 November 2014 - 01:20 AM) They have to find a way to stop Harden either
@  jorgeaam : (26 November 2014 - 08:24 PM) No Howard or Bev tonight, let's hope we find a way to stop Boogie
@  cointurtlemoose : (25 November 2014 - 03:13 AM) Harden is beasting
@  kdo : (24 November 2014 - 01:19 AM) Sigh...Howard's out...
@  Mario Pena (... : (23 November 2014 - 03:58 AM) Talk about surviving on defense and Harden delivering! Rockets beat the Mavs!
@  jorgeaam : (23 November 2014 - 03:44 AM) Yes! Nice win today
@  jorgeaam : (23 November 2014 - 03:37 AM) It's quite satisfactory to see Harden get an And-One against Parsons
@  jorgeaam : (23 November 2014 - 03:13 AM) Most three-point field-goal attempts, game
49-Dallas vs. New Jersey, March 5, 1996

Houston has 44 so far
@  jorgeaam : (23 November 2014 - 03:12 AM) WOW, 75 combined 3PA so far, NBA record for Most three-point field-goal attempts, both teams, game was 69
@  jorgeaam : (23 November 2014 - 01:51 AM) We're on pace to break the 3pm in a game record, 12 already with 6 min remaining in first half
@  jorgeaam : (23 November 2014 - 01:48 AM) Insane 3 point shooting so far
@  Mario Pena (... : (23 November 2014 - 12:22 AM) Big man down, I repeat the big man is down! http://blog.chron.co...nee/#27967101=0
@  jorgeaam : (21 November 2014 - 10:07 PM) My bad, it's good to learn that, thanks for the input :D
@  Mario Pena (... : (21 November 2014 - 05:26 PM) jorgeaam, it's called self deprecation. It doesn't mean he's ok with people making jokes rather it's a sign of having a sense of humour regarding his defense and hthe hoopla surrounding it. On the court he has clearly shown he is not ok with the ridicule.
@  rocketrick : (21 November 2014 - 03:10 PM) Harden OK with people joking about his D?? Hello---did anyone bother to watch the game the otber night? I guess it's kinda like calling the kettle black at this point, WTF......
@  jorgeaam : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 AM)
@  jorgeaam : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 AM) I don't know if you guys have seen this, but it seems Harden is ok with people joking about his D

Photo

Is Houston ready for two All-Stars? Even if one is Jeremy Lin?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

New post: Is Houston ready for two All-Stars? Even if one is Jeremy Lin?

#2 mike1two

mike1two

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Let me be the first to make this preemptive strike that those who disparage Jeremy Lin or the Chinese because they vote him in are stupid, filthy human beings. They're the most vile of people. Nobody has done anything to anyone, especially Jeremy Lin. No one's cheated. Yet it's going to come like you said. So the question is not what should Jeremy Lin or other players should do or feel when it happens but what we should think of the many classless people living in this society.

#3 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

mike1two:
I have no problem with chinese people voting for who they want to see in the allstar game. they are fans just like all the rest of us. point is the allstar game is the fans game period. they can and should be able to put who they want in it. some said Yao didn't deserve to be there his first year, but he was a popular player and the fans wanted to see him. we can't hate on him for getting the vote out. besides (IMO) he deserved it. .......and by the way welcome the the forum :rolleyes:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#4 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

I'm not sure he'll win the vote. can't remember the reason i had heard why. but i don't think it's as big a boost as appears.

#5 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

I prefer for the All-Star game to be played by the most deserving players, not based on race or even popularity. I don't care what race you are, if you aren't playing at that caliber you shouldn't be playing in the ASG. It won't happen, but based on Paul Pierce's play, I wouldn't vote for him, but since he is Pierce, he'll be in Houston in February. I also believe that Damian Lilliard should make the ASG(as a STARTER), but I don't see that happening due to CP3(who is equally deserving).

Oh and based on my evaluations Lin's play doesn't get him in the game.

#6 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Quick reminder why this is all wasted speculation.
Stern decides how much the "foreign" vote counts.
A couple of yrs ago McGrady was a leading vote getter despite being in and out of line-up w/injuries.
Stern simply decreed "overseas" votes would only count 70% of a US vote. Lo and behold AI narrowly beat out McGrady for the starting spot and the coaches naturally left him off the team.
It also depressed Yao's vote total so that he wasn't leading vote getter.

Stern decides how much the votes count and he can rig the voting by discounting "foreign" votes by whatever percentage he needs.

#7 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Quick reminder why this is all wasted speculation.
Stern decides how much the "foreign" vote counts.
A couple of yrs ago McGrady was a leading vote getter despite being in and out of line-up w/injuries.
Stern simply decreed "overseas" votes would only count 70% of a US vote. Lo and behold AI narrowly beat out McGrady for the starting spot and the coaches naturally left him off the team.
It also depressed Yao's vote total so that he wasn't leading vote getter.

Stern decides how much the votes count and he can rig the voting by discounting "foreign" votes by whatever percentage he needs.

I think this was the reason I was trying to remember. I remember reading something about foreign votes not counting the same amount.

#8 LMAOwais

LMAOwais

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHoustonish

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

"Hey China let us market all our product/league/players in your nation, but you only count about 70% (maybe less?) of an american basketball fan. Cool?" - David Stern.

#9 SamC

SamC

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

I think we need to redefine what All-Star means. If it's based on the popular vote, then All-Star simply means the one who shines above others. It doesn't imply that an All-Star is the best in the league, simply the most popular. Think of the word "Movie Star". It means the one who drives the biggest box office. It doesn't mean that particular actor is the best. You have award shows with judges that determine that, just as the NBA has awards at the end of the season. The All-Star game is simply an honor bestowed upon the players for the sake of their fans. It's all about ratings.

#10 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Would he do that with the players not being injured? I kinda get it w/ T-Mac not playing, but how can you hold it against someone who has been out there every night. Only David Stern.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users