Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jorgeaam : (31 July 2014 - 03:25 AM) So it seems Kevin Love to the Cavs is a when not an if, things just got better in the east
@  bboley24 : (25 July 2014 - 02:32 AM) D League or not... he's here and he's working out with the best... it's good for all around... Sergio.
@  Buckko : (25 July 2014 - 12:16 AM) Well shots fired between harden and parsons.
@  majik19 : (24 July 2014 - 09:09 PM) He'll spend likely the whole season with the D-league team. He's 4th on the depth chart, at best.
@  txtdo1411 : (24 July 2014 - 03:51 PM) I like it as well YaoMan. You can't ever have enough long and athletic big men. It will be nice to see how he develops.
@  YaoMan : (24 July 2014 - 03:40 PM) Rockets sign Clint Capela and has been added to their regular season roster - I like this. He's got a high ceiling...
@  slick shoes : (22 July 2014 - 03:11 AM) live by the three, die by the three.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:54 AM) 21% on three pointers by Canaan and company, damn.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:51 AM) Rockets Summer Leaguers shot 32%, rough ending.
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:01 PM) I refer to the writers, as yall due to the multiple of them. We are the loyal readers. I should've word it better.
@  rockets best... : (20 July 2014 - 06:12 PM) we and y'all are the same people :lol:
@  bboley24 : (20 July 2014 - 12:32 PM) who is we and who is yall?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 08:21 AM) Can we get a post about defensive improvement or yall waiting until the defensive assistant gets chosen?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:37 AM) With internal improvement, the defensive minded FA acquisitions, and hopefully a good Defensive minded assistant. The rockets will be closer to a top 5 D than top 10.
@  miketheodio : (20 July 2014 - 05:55 AM) i wonder how much better the starting 5 will be with a wing who actually plays defense
@  rockets best... : (18 July 2014 - 09:26 PM) Kendall Marshall is Ish Smith of a few years ago
@  Cooper : (18 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Lakers waived Kendall Marshall, hes decent.
@  YaoMan : (18 July 2014 - 07:10 PM) @ slick shoes - And I'm bringing muzzles for them ladies in case they feel the need to start!
@  slick shoes : (18 July 2014 - 07:06 PM) @YaoMan I got a bit nervous at the Bosh strike out but one: FA isn't over and two: it's a long way until the trade deadline. As the saying goes, "It's not over until the fat lady sings."
@  YaoMan : (18 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) @ slick shoes, great points. Just nervous energy while all productive FAs are starting to get snatched up!

Photo

A live account of the game between the Toronto Raptors and Houston Rockets

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

New post: A live account of the game between the Toronto Raptors and Houston Rockets

#2 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

I was looking at Hoopdata's shooting statistics broken down by distance from the basket the other day and was amazed by just how low percentage most looks from 3-9 feet are (eg. post-up range). Do we really need a post game to be successful given that? I guess the theory is to be able to establish a threat and then kick out once you've drawn the double team, but honestly there aren't that many players in the league that command a double team in the post these days (and Patterson certainly isn't one of them).

#3 Jacob Cooper

Jacob Cooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for the updates. It's much appreciated for those of us who can't watch the games.

#4 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

I'm a little worried here. From the minute Toney Douglas was inserted late in the third Houston's execution has nosedived. The lead is down to 13 as I type this (~5 minutes left in the 4th), and it has been coming the whole way through. Need a bit more intensity to close the game out, and then they can put their feet up.

Also, Terrence Ross is one hell of a dunker.

#5 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

In the end we managed to put it away, but a better team would have made us pay for being so sloppy in the 4th. A lot less comfortable than it should have been.

#6 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for the updates. It's much appreciated for those of us who can't watch the games.

You're welcome; glad you liked it.

#7 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

I was looking at Hoopdata's shooting statistics broken down by distance from the basket the other day and was amazed by just how low percentage most looks from 3-9 feet are (eg. post-up range). Do we really need a post game to be successful given that? I guess the theory is to be able to establish a threat and then kick out once you've drawn the double team, but honestly there aren't that many players in the league that command a double team in the post these days (and Patterson certainly isn't one of them).

I personally feel its more about the fact that you won't be able to get those drives as readily in the playoffs. Whereas a postup shot is always there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users