Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jorgeaam : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 AM)
@  jorgeaam : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 AM) I don't know if you guys have seen this, but it seems Harden is ok with people joking about his D
@  cointurtlemoose : (20 November 2014 - 08:09 AM) But Papa is great. What a dude. I <3 Papa. I need a t-shirt with that on it.
@  cointurtlemoose : (20 November 2014 - 08:03 AM) This was one of those times where our 'late game - small lead' tactics (or lack thereof) makes me want to explode...
@  SadLakerFan : (20 November 2014 - 05:19 AM) Rockets seemed in control for most of the game, but Lakers closed on a 12-1 run. Will wait for the analysis tomorrow.
@  Cooper : (20 November 2014 - 05:13 AM) yeah, well and jones hard to win without starters in a position we aren't particularly deep at in the first place still terrible loss.
@  jorgeaam : (20 November 2014 - 05:09 AM) are we really that dependent on Dwight? 2 out of our 3 losses when he's out
@  Cooper : (20 November 2014 - 05:07 AM) last few possessions have been beyond horrible.
@  Adi1008 : (20 November 2014 - 05:06 AM) ;_;
@  SadLakerFan : (20 November 2014 - 05:05 AM) I only have ESPN gamecast so I can't see what's going on - but, you have GOT to be kidding me.
@  thenit : (20 November 2014 - 05:00 AM) Kobe is a chucker that's why no FA wanted to join him
@  jorgeaam : (20 November 2014 - 04:58 AM) Why would Harden foul Johnson like that? Smh
@  jorgeaam : (20 November 2014 - 04:48 AM) I find it unbelievable how Kobe just forces shot after shot with his teammates wide open
@  jorgeaam : (20 November 2014 - 04:42 AM) Nah, he can't hit a 3 to save his life
@  SadLakerFan : (20 November 2014 - 04:40 AM) Could getting back Jordan Hill be the answer at the 4?
@  jorgeaam : (20 November 2014 - 04:38 AM) Lakers leading, how's that even possible?
@  Fury : (20 November 2014 - 04:36 AM) Why do Dorsey and Black even bother trying to back down in the post? Black severely undersized at C.
@  SadLakerFan : (20 November 2014 - 04:36 AM) 81-78. Jeez. Rockets can't do better than this? How are we going to get a top 5 lottery pick if teams don't play a little better against us?
@  thenit : (20 November 2014 - 04:13 AM) How can't lakers fan realize Kobe being so inefficient in comparison to Harden. Guy just takes so many bad shots.
@  thenit : (20 November 2014 - 03:22 AM) 10-15 min

Photo

[General NBA Discussion] Wow...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

Just checked the scores before going to bed and was rubbing my eyes...it said OKC 64, Charlotte 24! That has got to be the biggest beatdown I've ever seen in a half of NBA basketball. I thought the Bobcats were much improved when I watched them for a little bit earlier in the season, but that scoreline is not pretty. Have they got some injuries or something?

(By the way, there doesn't really seem to be a good place for generic rest-of-the-NBA chat, so I just started a new thread here. Dunno if it's better to just create new ones whenever something momentous happens or have everything in one place).

ST

#2 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

when i saw this thread title, i thought we had just traded for kevin love or something.

#3 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

when i saw this thread title, i thought we had just traded for kevin love or something.

Heh, sorry to get your hopes up. I doubt I'd be the first to post in a situation like that, because I'm not on Twitter (which seems to be where news breaks these days). But if I did, rest assured there would be a couple more capital letters ;).

ST

#4 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

but yes, this would be the place for NBA talk. would like to get some more of that in.

#5 Gordan Limbaugh

Gordan Limbaugh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

Yea I saw that too. With the OKC bench playing the rest of the way, Charlotte outscored their first half of 24 with 26 4th quarter points lol. As Barkley would say, "Michael Jordan rollin over in his grave".

#6 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

i know theres a fantasy bball thread, but since you speak of this game, yeah kemba was a complete negative for me in this one. i would have been better off with nobody playing the point.

#7 Mario Pena (FSS)

Mario Pena (FSS)

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Pretty funny about Barkley saying that Jordan would be rolling over in his grave. I wish I had TNT right now. That score is crazy and I can only imagine how painful it would be to watch film as a Charlotte player or to have been watching the game as a Bobcats fan. It was 79 to 25 in the third, wow!

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#8 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

I added a note in the title. I guess we'll just toss all NBA talk into here for now until there's enough for separate threads.

So who's the biggest surprise and biggest disappointment so far this year?

#9 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

i would say the 2 biggest suprises are charlotte and milwauke.i figured ellis and jennings would be a disaster together. charlotte's been fun to watch but think they will lose a lot more games.

its good to see the warriors doing well, fun team to watch and ive always loved david lee.

biggest dissapointment is definitely the lakers and minnesota(they cant ever catch a break)

#10 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

also. kevin love 23 and 24 tonight. jesus

#11 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

I agree with sircharles on both surprises. Really, who would have thought Charlotte would win these many games so far? And also Milwaukee....Ellis-Jennings seemed like Ellis-Curry 2.0, but he is playing for a defensive minded team right now, so his lack of defense is covered by the rest of the team.

The biggest disappointment? The Lakers of course, but I would have to add Indiana, maybe Chicago and I apparently, Toronto is living what we all thought we would be living right now: lots of close losses....Minnesota is cursed, and so is Golden State, Portland appears to be getting off it slowly

#12 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

I also thought Ellis-Jennings was going to be a complete disaster.

#13 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

Biggest surprise is definitely the bobcats. Biggest upset is Boston. I heard a lot of people saying that the Celts would have a great year, and I didn't buy it(I don't believe theyre any better than last year, that's how much value I put in Ray Allen). 8-7 isn't awful, but for a team thought to be a 2-3 seed in the east, it's certainly an upset. An upset or not, I'm thrilled-I hate Boston.

#14 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Biggest surprise is definitely the bobcats. Biggest upset is Boston. I heard a lot of people saying that the Celts would have a great year, and I didn't buy it(I don't believe theyre any better than last year, that's how much value I put in Ray Allen). 8-7 isn't awful, but for a team thought to be a 2-3 seed in the east, it's certainly an upset. An upset or not, I'm thrilled-I hate Boston.

I feel like LA is probably a slightly bigger upset that Boston at this point. Boston's big 3 of the last few seasons has turned into an 'aging 2' and there's only one up-and-comer on the team that can fill their shoes (Rondo - not sold on Jeff Green yet). They've brought in a few new guys who in the long term are probably going to work together pretty well, but given the fundamentally different style your team needs to play to accomodate a Jason Terry versus a Ray Allen I think it's to be expected that there will be some growing pains. I still expect that they will make the playoffs, but perhaps not as a high seed. And fundamentally, I don't think it's a huge issue for them if they're #2 or #6 - one thing they do have is a lot of time to sort things out and settle on a system that works, and once that happens they'll be a very difficult opponent for whoever they face.

ST

#15 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 3,651 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Disappointment: LAKERS...not that I am actually disappointed they are losing. I am disappointed that I can no longer root for Steve Nash in good conscience.

Surprises: Golden State...and maybe Utah. Utah's bigs can play, but mo williams, randy foye and gordon heyward as the main guards???

#16 bob schmidt

bob schmidt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationBrownsville, Texas

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

I'm in agreement with most comments, but must add Dallas to the disappointment list... The team is unrecognizable anymore, and Dirk returning won't fix it. It is hard to believe they have fallen so far.

#17 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

I think Boston probably should have blown it up this year and not have brought back Garnett/Bass added Jason terry etc... They will make the playoffs but only as a mid-low seed and might even be a first round out.

#18 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

i figured courtney lee would have a much bigger role this year in boston. they should be much better when avery bradley returns

#19 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

I feel like LA is probably a slightly bigger upset that Boston at this point. Boston's big 3 of the last few seasons has turned into an 'aging 2' and there's only one up-and-comer on the team that can fill their shoes (Rondo - not sold on Jeff Green yet). They've brought in a few new guys who in the long term are probably going to work together pretty well, but given the fundamentally different style your team needs to play to accomodate a Jason Terry versus a Ray Allen I think it's to be expected that there will be some growing pains. I still expect that they will make the playoffs, but perhaps not as a high seed. And fundamentally, I don't think it's a huge issue for them if they're #2 or #6 - one thing they do have is a lot of time to sort things out and settle on a system that works, and once that happens they'll be a very difficult opponent for whoever they face.

ST

I don't see the Lakers as the "biggest" disappointment so far because of the magnitude of the changes they incurred over the off-season. Between the two teams(Boston and LAL) you have the loss of Ray Allen, gains of Jason Terry and Courtney Lee(which I don't see as huge moves of any sort), and you have the addition of Dwight Howard and Steve Nash with losses of Andrew Bynum and Ramon Sessions(huge changes). Throw in that the Lakers ditched Mike Brown, and INTENTIONALLY hired Mike D'Antoni instead of PHIL "THIRTEEN RINGS" JACKSON, what could really be expected of them at this stage? If someone was thinking the Lakers we're going to be 13-2 after fifteen games(in reality theyre 7-8), they were delirious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users