Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thejohnnygold : (31 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) Don't get me wrong. Durant can come on over if he wants to. I'm not turning that down ever. He's just moved to my #2 slot now.
@  Mario Pena (... : (31 October 2014 - 08:38 PM) Hey, Davis would be nice too. I just see the Durant and Harden connection as something that gives Morey somewhere to work from.
@  thejohnnygold : (31 October 2014 - 06:13 PM) I've left the Durant Dream...I'm all aboard the Anthony Davis Express. Morey should get a tattoo of Davis' face on his shoulder and tweet a pic of it to him--as an early recruiting pitch.
@  Mario Pena (... : (31 October 2014 - 12:57 PM) More fuel for the Durant dream.
@  jorgeaam : (31 October 2014 - 06:18 AM) It seems injuries will be the main thing this year again
@  thenit : (31 October 2014 - 04:09 AM) Good news for us. Westbrook out with a hand injury. No Reggie Jackson either. We might get a nice cushion on OKC
@  Cooper : (31 October 2014 - 02:44 AM) Their team d leaves a lot to be desired, bench play was poor as well it is early but the knicks aren't good at all.
@  Mario Pena (... : (31 October 2014 - 02:35 AM) Love's defense on that JR Smith drive was laughable.
@  Losthief : (30 October 2014 - 05:32 PM) yeah...but canaan was playing garbage time...and our guys were not playing well in it, went from 30 point lead to finish margin the 4th. so more like cannan even, bev plus 19, still bev >
@  SadLakerFan : (30 October 2014 - 04:47 AM) Realize that +/- isn't the best stat, but Bev +19 and Canaan -12?
@  thenit : (30 October 2014 - 03:50 AM) Westbrook will lead the league in scoring. Everything is going through him his usage rate must be like 50%
@  Losthief : (30 October 2014 - 03:02 AM) bev just pulled up lame, not good.
@  Losthief : (30 October 2014 - 02:56 AM) omg...harden just got a call out on good d by a jazz announcers!!!!
@  Losthief : (30 October 2014 - 02:56 AM) i've been maintaining the idea ariza vs parsons is a wash, and i think terry makes less mistakes than our guys last year, so he might not bring as much but doesn't take as much away either
@  Fury : (30 October 2014 - 02:54 AM) Maybe losing Chandler isn't quite the problem that the media think it is. We have talent at the top. Depth helps.
@  Fury : (30 October 2014 - 02:54 AM) Maybe it's just me, but I think we're deeper at wing with Ariza/Terry.
@  Losthief : (30 October 2014 - 02:42 AM) maybe silver said something to ;em
@  Losthief : (30 October 2014 - 02:42 AM) yeah....seems like they finally figured it out tho.
@  2016Champions : (30 October 2014 - 01:54 AM) Then he said out of Greece and I put two and two together.
@  2016Champions : (30 October 2014 - 01:53 AM) DMo has black hair now? Hmm..

Photo

Houston Rockets recall Donatas Motiejunas from Rio Grande Valley Vipers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

New post: Houston Rockets recall Donatas Motiejunas from Rio Grande Valley Vipers

#2 Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Perhaps the Rocket figures that D-MO is good matchup against Bargnani.

Another possibility is that the Rockets imagine that D-MO can handle that backup PF role as a stretch 4, allowing Morris to slide to the backup SF role. Parson's has been averaging 38 minutes per game, which isn't sustainable even for a young player. A backup front line of D-MO, G. Smith, and M. Morris is very versatile.

#3 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

I think Johnny Rocket has it.
If Delfino is going to be out for a while,Morris has to back-up Parsons(who will prob still get major minutes backing up Harden) and the Jones/Smith pairing isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut.
Combine that w/Jones looking utterly lost on offense,having lost all confidence in his shot.
Motie will prob be given a chance to back-up Pat and team w/Smith.

#4 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Yeah, now that I think of it, I think it has to do with replacing Terrence Jones who has looked pretty bad here of late.

#5 Zero Zero

Zero Zero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

Yes! Can't wait to see Donatas in some major action.

#6 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

I think Johnny Rocket has it.
If Delfino is going to be out for a while,Morris has to back-up Parsons(who will prob still get major minutes backing up Harden) and the Jones/Smith pairing isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut.
Combine that w/Jones looking utterly lost on offense,having lost all confidence in his shot.
Motie will prob be given a chance to back-up Pat and team w/Smith.

Smith with D-Mo actually makes a ton of sense, much more than Smith with Jones as those latter two are slightly redundant in terms of being high flying types that do damage around the hoop.

#7 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Well, apparently the time has come for him to show what we are expecting from him. I know, we won't put up insane numbers like he did in D-League, but something close to 10 points are always welcome, and spreading the court would make some room for guards to finish at the rim, or even giving Morris some space as well. Like you have said, pairing him with Smith makes more sense than with T-Jones. But I also think that has more to do with having a short rotation right now due to injuries rather than his performance per se....he really need to get those minutes in order to regain confidence in his game.

#8 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

excited to "see" the next game

#9 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

I'll try and talk to him before the game. He's usually in there relaxing. Real cool dude to talk to off camera. He won't know if he's getting in though.

#10 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

If D-Mo can hold his own on the defensive end of the court without being a sieve for our team and pick up some key rebounds, I would expect to see more playing time for D-Mo in the coming weeks. D-Mo has the offensive skills to compete, it's going to be his contribuitions on the other end of the court that will likely determine how much burn he gets on the court.

#11 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Since they are playing the Raptors it would be cool to see if they can get a small ball line up of Morris and DMo on the court for a few minutes. Seems like offensively you would have a ton of options and defensively I'm not too worried about the Raptors bigs pounding it in the post. On a side note Valanciunas is only listed at 231 pounds, 9 pounds more then DMo. I would love to see who gets the best of this match up.

#12 RocketMan

RocketMan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

I just want to see how this guy does against some real NBA talent. He played well in preseason/summer league, but that was always against scrubs. He also has only played a handful of regular season minutes in the last minutes of blowouts. The offensive potential is what I'm most curious about. I can see him blocking some shots too if given the chance. He does have some legs and is used to running a fast-paced game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users