Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  cointurtlemoose : (20 October 2014 - 04:18 AM) I'm liking Kostas' crafty plays.
@  2016Champions : (20 October 2014 - 12:42 AM) Looks like his form improved. A reliable 3pt shot to take away the likes of Ibaka and Aldridge away from the rim could be huge for Harden's drives to the basket, and hopefully also result in more use of the pick and roll between Harden and Dwight.
@  Buckko : (19 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) I think yall will like this http://instagram.com...ideo&modal=true
@  thenit : (15 October 2014 - 12:35 AM) Asik and Davis looks good together
@  thenit : (14 October 2014 - 01:58 PM) I think we have a shot, but we are still behind Washington and OKC.
@  blakecouey : (14 October 2014 - 04:15 AM) He goes to Longhorn football games regularly, have seen him several times. I think we've got a shot, but wouldn't necessarily say we're a favorite to land KD.
@  Losthief : (14 October 2014 - 12:17 AM) the other thing that helps with durant is he likes texas, still goes/visits to UT Austin most summers iirc.
@  Buckko : (13 October 2014 - 10:46 PM) I really like our chances, because even though D.C. is his hometown, harden is his BFF. Dwight/harden/rockets cast>>>>Wall/beal/wizards cast. Plus no income tax.
@  Cooper : (13 October 2014 - 05:23 PM) I think it helps us and the wiz since both could keep there core and add KD but the cap jumping also helps okc since they are so scared of the tax. they can now keep Jackson and add another guy.
@  thenit : (13 October 2014 - 04:27 AM) Until he returns. So still probably end up top 3
@  thenit : (13 October 2014 - 04:27 AM) I think it makes it less likely because teams will get more money from the tv deal. Also he will miss between 12-15 games and they will be above .500
@  Drew in Abilene : (13 October 2014 - 03:26 AM) This may just be wild fantasy, but with Durant's chances of winning a title at least diminished and the cap jumping significantly when he's a free agent, is it fair to say whatever small chance we have of landing him as a FA is a little better?
@  feelingsuper... : (12 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Getting to the Finals and winning has become a few levels more difficult for the Thunder.
@  feelingsuper... : (12 October 2014 - 03:37 PM) Kevin Durant out for 6 to 8 weeks, fracture in foot.
@  Buckko : (11 October 2014 - 01:40 AM) No, he IS the worst announcer. That's why road games without him can be the best.
@  Dan G : (11 October 2014 - 12:34 AM) I'm with you on Clyde FSS. I loved Clyde as a player but he has got to be the worst announcer ever. I just wish it was Bill and Bullard, or bring back Calvin Murphy.
@  txtdo1411 : (10 October 2014 - 10:40 PM) I am starting to get very excited about our bench. I know it is preseason, but the toughness and grit is inspiring.
@  feelingsuper... : (10 October 2014 - 04:35 PM) Also as a reminder to any of you interested in joining us in the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League be sure to check here http://www.red94.net...ge-2#entry44420
@  feelingsuper... : (10 October 2014 - 04:33 PM) It's nothing, he just knocked knees during practice if I'm not mistaken. If it was the regular season he probably would have played.
@  08huangj : (10 October 2014 - 06:13 AM) He's injured...sorry.

Photo

Recap: Houston Rockets 131, New York Knicks 103

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

New post: Recap: Houston Rockets 131, New York Knicks 103

#2 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

This was easily the best game of the year.

#3 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Incredible game. I wish we could keep those kinds of percentages up, but they're far too unbelievable Even Toney Douglas came in and put in some decent minutes. Asik had a solid stat line, and outplayed his ability offensively once again. Obviously Parsons too had a great night, I was really impressed by his shooting, looking really clean and exceptionally smooth. We got what we need from Harden too, with another 30+ point game.

#4 Bigtkirk

Bigtkirk

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

Although the Rockets clearly played their best game so far this season, I'm not sold on the Knicks. Their good start has been fueled by outside shooting that they will not likely be able to maintain over the course of the season. Moreover, as you point out, the defensive holes in their lineup are considerable, particularly when Chandler is not on the court. Finally, consistent with your theme regarding evaluating players too much based on scoring, Anthony's non-scoring stat line was pedestrian (34 M, 4 R, 2 A, 7 TO).

#5 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

now where are those parsons haters....

#6 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

It looks like we got Marcus Morris' and Chandler Parsons' roles mixed up. Marcus Morris is the stopper and Parsons is the scorer.

#7 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,981 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

now where are those parsons haters....

right here......now if he could keep that up instead of once every 15 games i'd be ok with him.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#8 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Although the Rockets clearly played their best game so far this season, I'm not sold on the Knicks. Their good start has been fueled by outside shooting that they will not likely be able to maintain over the course of the season. Moreover, as you point out, the defensive holes in their lineup are considerable, particularly when Chandler is not on the court. Finally, consistent with your theme regarding evaluating players too much based on scoring, Anthony's non-scoring stat line was pedestrian (34 M, 4 R, 2 A, 7 TO).

I agree that the high outside shooting percentages are probably unsustainable (though they do generate a lot of open looks that mean their numbers should still be quite high), but I'm still puzzling about how they were able to hold opponents to such low numbers defensively in the first 10 games of the season. I know they key off of Chandler defensively and he had a terrible game (Rahat analysed it correctly in the podcast - it seemed as though all it took was for Asik to come out and set a pick on the perimeter to drag Chandler out of there and leave the middle completely free), but still that can't explain everything. I wrote in the recap that the wings looked old and slow...perhaps that was exacerabated by how well Parsons was playing? Normally I assume they would put Brewer on Harden and try to hide a wing defender (Kidd?) on Parsons, but he didn't let that happen.

I think this is a case where the hot shooting from the Rockets made Knicks look worse than they actually were. Certainly there were a lot of easy inside buckets, but that's not the full story. Remember how there was that quarter against New Orleans where everything suddenly clicked and the Rockets put up over 30 points to blow the game open? A key contributor to that was the Douglas hit a few threes. We saw that again tonight - Douglas and Cook hit some outside shots (and of course Parsons was hitting from everywhere), which massively inflated the Rockets' offensive numbers. The fact that they've been missing all their shots up to this point has actually been making Houston look worse than they should do - I would expect our offensive numbers to end up somewhere between the slow-ish start to the season's offense and the electric performance from last night once they return to their mean outputs.

ST

#9 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

I had been thinking for most of the season that if the Rockets could just hit a respectable percentage on threes (say, 35 percent) that they could beat most teams when combined with their other strengths (Asik's rebounding and D, Harden and Lin's penetration and scoring).
What is so encouraging about this game is that it isn't like everything went wrong for the Knicks--they hit 43 percent from three, Carmelo hit some insane shots, and the Rockets still toasted them.

Let me put it another way, even if the Rockets shot 20% percent from three in this game (5-25), they still would have won by one point.*

*Yes, I understand that those shots don't exisit in a vacuum and that hitting them opens up opportunities inside and eliminates chances for long-rebounds and fast-break points, yada yada. Just hush and let me have fun with my numbers, ok?
"Assets" -- Daryl Morey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users