Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Matt Maloney... : (26 January 2015 - 05:00 AM) THEY KNOW HE WILL MISS*
@  Matt Maloney... : (26 January 2015 - 04:59 AM) Our opponents have running start when Josh Smith shoots a jumper. After miss seems to turn into a fast break. THEY HE WILL MISS!
@  Mario Peña : (26 January 2015 - 04:39 AM) These fourth quarter runs (and late third quarter ones too) that the Rockets give up are getting me worried. A bad development since the end of December that I've been noticing.
@  cointurtlemoose : (24 January 2015 - 05:29 AM) 2) At least Klay waited a game before he turned into a human fireball...
@  cointurtlemoose : (24 January 2015 - 05:28 AM) 1) James, my hero...
@  Matt Maloney... : (24 January 2015 - 05:05 AM) James Harden is BAD SANTA...dropping gifts!
@  Mario Peña : (24 January 2015 - 04:54 AM) Beard!!!
@  08huangj : (24 January 2015 - 02:28 AM) Howard to the locker room. Hope it isn't a big problem.
@  Mario Peña : (24 January 2015 - 02:17 AM) Howard for three! Three! Three!
@  Cooper : (23 January 2015 - 07:01 PM) Blazers are going to have trouble without aldridge and lopez. Good chance for Rox/mavs/clips to move up
@  Cooper : (22 January 2015 - 07:05 AM) Need to find or develop a second weapon on offense dwight has too many matchup limitations.
@  Matt Maloney... : (22 January 2015 - 06:13 AM) Silver Lining: SHVED looks more that cap filler.
@  Matt Maloney... : (22 January 2015 - 06:12 AM) So... EYE TEST tells me that we were playing better Defense when we had that Tarik Black and Joey Dorsey splitting minutes.
@  Mario Peña : (22 January 2015 - 06:09 AM) Looks like we should have seen more Brewer and Dorsey and less Ariza and Smith. I wonder what impact Jones could have had.
@  Mario Peña : (22 January 2015 - 05:57 AM) Jet!!!
@  Matt Maloney... : (22 January 2015 - 05:39 AM) lets go small and jack up threes
@  Matt Maloney... : (22 January 2015 - 05:38 AM) Can we say screw it? Harden, Brewer, Ariza, Dmo, K-Pap
@  Mario Peña : (22 January 2015 - 05:38 AM) Harden can't do it alone. The Warriors are just better right now on most nights. I think the Rockets are about a year behind the Warriors when it comes to continuity.
@  thenit : (22 January 2015 - 05:31 AM) its a massacre,tough to swallow with two of these in a week. luckily the west is stacked and its all about matchups
@  cointurtlemoose : (22 January 2015 - 04:40 AM) Okay now we're kinda getting pooped on...

Photo

Preview: New York Knicks @ Houston Rockets

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

New post: Preview: New York Knicks @ Houston Rockets

#2 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Looking forward to this one. One thing I am consistently surprised about is the hostility and negativity that players in New York have shown towards Lin. I have never seen so many soundbites saying things that approximate to "we're better off without him" as I did after he landed in Houston. It wasn't just his ex-teammates either - I'm sure I saw something from Deron Williams too. I don't get the sense that Lin is a particularly vengeful person, but if anything is going to light a fire under him to perform you would hope that it's playing against the guys who've basically been throwing him under a bus in the media for the past month.

ST

#3 bob schmidt

bob schmidt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationBrownsville, Texas

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

This should be a fun game. The outcome may come from the "game within the game" though, how we try to control Melo. Seems to me that Chander and Asik will negate each other nicely. If we show Melo some blocks back into his face (probably via Terrence or Smith) in addition to Asik protecting the rim, he may rely on his jump shooting or become a passer. At that point, anything might happen. That is the fun of it. I doubt that Lin is really the story in the overall outcome. That being said, Harden and Parsons had better hit their shots for us to pull out a win...

#4 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

I have a feeling Jeremy is going to play awful. Way too much pressure. Hope I'm wrong.

#5 NorEastern

NorEastern

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

The Rockets are about in the same situation as the last three years. To good to tank, and not good enough to vie for a decent playoff spot. Actually I don't think they are competing for a playoff spot at all.

Having said that, the Rockets are in a completely different situation from a youth standpoint. Youngest team etc. So I am ambivalent about winning the games. Every game lost boosts them up in the lottery. Every game won increases their confidence.

So I do not hang on every game. I enjoy them, win or lose, paying close attention to player development.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users