Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  slick shoes : (30 July 2015 - 12:58 PM) Once, we ink Terry to a one year vet minimum deal, I will be VERY pleased with our roster entering the season. Finals appearance, anyone?
@  Losthief : (30 July 2015 - 04:19 AM) And the Chuck Wagon is back in town!
@  thejohnnygold : (24 July 2015 - 06:40 PM) Greg Popovich gives a 25 minute interview (happily) and offers insight on lots of things. Worth listening to. LINK
@  slick shoes : (24 July 2015 - 02:25 PM) I'm glad Prigs found himself a home with a contender. Seemed like a high character guy.
@  jorgeaam : (23 July 2015 - 03:10 AM) So first Smith and now Prigs to the Clips, if you can't beat 'em join 'em
@  rocketrick : (22 July 2015 - 05:04 PM) Rockets actually are only committed to Lawson for 2015-16 season as they renegotiated with Lawson's agent and have a team option for 2016-17 season. Is Morey incredible or what when negotiating?
@  redfaithful : (20 July 2015 - 08:51 PM) Sorry, I'm too far away to offer help :rolleyes:
@  thejohnnygold : (20 July 2015 - 07:29 PM) Indeed, I do :lol: It gets worse....they live in enemy territory...Plano, TX.
@  Losthief : (20 July 2015 - 05:28 PM) ah so u understand the urge to drink!
@  thejohnnygold : (20 July 2015 - 05:14 PM) I was visiting the in-laws this weekend...
@  redfaithful : (20 July 2015 - 12:57 PM) Didn't here from you on Lawson, was a bit worried...
@  thejohnnygold : (20 July 2015 - 12:52 PM) Yes?
@  redfaithful : (20 July 2015 - 06:08 AM) JG
@  JY86er : (20 July 2015 - 03:27 AM) In rehab and traded here. I'm sure he thinkin, "JACKPOT!! Time to celebrate!"
@  Mario Peña : (20 July 2015 - 01:49 AM) It's done, Lawson is in for almost nothing really. Morey is a genius taking advantage Denver at their weakest.
@  majik19 : (20 July 2015 - 01:36 AM) on the court, great fit. off the court, lots of concerns. if he didn't have the DUI issues, would be a really good trade for us.
@  majik19 : (20 July 2015 - 01:34 AM) i'm also seeing a protected first from us, which feels like a bit much.
@  08huangj : (20 July 2015 - 01:33 AM) Oh, and Denver will be sending a second rounder to Houston also.
@  Cooper : (20 July 2015 - 01:30 AM) Im a little wary of lawson but if thats all who's going seems like the right move.
@  08huangj : (20 July 2015 - 01:28 AM) So basically we gave up nothing for a borderline all star. Great move.

Photo

Preview: New York Knicks @ Houston Rockets

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

New post: Preview: New York Knicks @ Houston Rockets

#2 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Looking forward to this one. One thing I am consistently surprised about is the hostility and negativity that players in New York have shown towards Lin. I have never seen so many soundbites saying things that approximate to "we're better off without him" as I did after he landed in Houston. It wasn't just his ex-teammates either - I'm sure I saw something from Deron Williams too. I don't get the sense that Lin is a particularly vengeful person, but if anything is going to light a fire under him to perform you would hope that it's playing against the guys who've basically been throwing him under a bus in the media for the past month.

ST

#3 bob schmidt

bob schmidt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationBrownsville, Texas

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

This should be a fun game. The outcome may come from the "game within the game" though, how we try to control Melo. Seems to me that Chander and Asik will negate each other nicely. If we show Melo some blocks back into his face (probably via Terrence or Smith) in addition to Asik protecting the rim, he may rely on his jump shooting or become a passer. At that point, anything might happen. That is the fun of it. I doubt that Lin is really the story in the overall outcome. That being said, Harden and Parsons had better hit their shots for us to pull out a win...

#4 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

I have a feeling Jeremy is going to play awful. Way too much pressure. Hope I'm wrong.

#5 NorEastern

NorEastern

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

The Rockets are about in the same situation as the last three years. To good to tank, and not good enough to vie for a decent playoff spot. Actually I don't think they are competing for a playoff spot at all.

Having said that, the Rockets are in a completely different situation from a youth standpoint. Youngest team etc. So I am ambivalent about winning the games. Every game lost boosts them up in the lottery. Every game won increases their confidence.

So I do not hang on every game. I enjoy them, win or lose, paying close attention to player development.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users