Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Buckko : (23 October 2014 - 04:31 AM) I have no problem with philly tanking. If you're gonna do something, do it right. They should be an extremely entertaining team in a few years.
@  Willk : (23 October 2014 - 01:23 AM) 2016 - I agree. I would rather see Canaan play than Ish
@  2016Champions : (23 October 2014 - 01:19 AM) Isaiah Canaan seems to get better with every game.
@  cointurtlemoose : (23 October 2014 - 12:09 AM) That said, Philly is ridiculous. It's entertaining on a level, but it's also out of hand. I was for the reform with the proposed percentages they voted on today. Surprised it didn't pass.
@  cointurtlemoose : (23 October 2014 - 12:08 AM) I think it's interesting Mr. Rick. It's kind of a give and take to me. I'm totally okay with teams intentionally going through a 'rebuilding' phase, and I don't think you want to erase that too much with something like the wheel idea.
@  rocketrick : (22 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) No Lipstick on this Pig........NBA GM's say without a doubt James Harden is the #1 SG and Dwight Howard is the #1 C. Probably more hate coming my way for mentioning. I would just like an occasional informative article on this site from time to time but I guess I just expect too much........
@  rocketrick : (22 October 2014 - 09:41 PM) Why the hate when I post something of consequence?
@  rocketrick : (22 October 2014 - 09:41 PM) Wow, so it sounds like everyone is good with the lottery system as is and teams like Philadelphia can continue to strive for more ping=pong balls season after season rather than be expected to field a competitive team. I am shocked that nobody cares whatsoever about the consequences of what this means going forward (same as always)........
@  thejohnnygold : (22 October 2014 - 09:19 PM) Yeah, I don't find much interest in the lottery system change fail. That being said, perhaps you can just start a topic thread like normal people, see what happens, and not condescend the other members in the process. :)
@  feelingsuper... : (22 October 2014 - 07:43 PM) I'm not terribly interested in the 17 to 13 vote that occurred regarding the Lottery. There's my vote.
@  Losthief : (22 October 2014 - 07:36 PM) @rocketrick sure man, lottery stuff is interesting in a nba sense, i didn't post it here cause its not likely to have much impact on rockets per se, cause i expect us to trade that pellies pick and im not expecting us to be in the lottery (plus didn't we give ours to LAL?)
@  rocketrick : (22 October 2014 - 07:21 PM) Is it worth writing a topic regarding the NBA Lottery System and possible changes or am I expecting too much from this site?
@  txtdo1411 : (22 October 2014 - 07:05 PM) Reading the responses to the NBA GM votes, the SG position is the weakest it has been in 30 years. Harden is the worst "best SG in the league" ever. Blah, blah, blah, defense...
@  feelingsuper... : (22 October 2014 - 06:59 PM) Also, one team left to register on the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League, if you haven't checked your email please go ahead and get that rolling. Get your draft orders ready for Sunday.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 October 2014 - 06:56 PM) Dwight and James both earned the number 1 spot at their respective positions according to votes cast by NBA General Managers. It sure is great to have some elite players in Houston again.
@  rocketrick : (22 October 2014 - 05:41 PM) One of several NBA topics NOT discussed on this site this past off-season was the possibility the NBA would change the Lottery Season. You have to go to one of a number of other NBA sites to read what happened when the vote came down earlier this week.
@  Willk : (22 October 2014 - 04:25 AM) JG - I agree Papa will be fine and hope not to see any more of ish
@  thejohnnygold : (22 October 2014 - 03:58 AM) I think it's obvious Papa can shoot. His threes are mostly a tad short, but he'll adjust soon enough. I also agree that Smith might have just played himself off the roster.
@  Buckko : (22 October 2014 - 03:37 AM) Training camp-tired legs, so no one cares about how you shoot in preseason.
@  bboley24 : (22 October 2014 - 02:34 AM) PAPA has time... PLEASE GET ISH SMITH OFF OF THIS ROSTER TOMORROW

Photo

Houston Rockets 93, Chicago Bulls 89

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

New post: Houston Rockets 93, Chicago Bulls 89

#2 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

The Rockets needed this win badly.

#3 LMAOwais

LMAOwais

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHoustonish

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

the recurrent theme of pulling Lin out especially at important times in the game might do more to shake his confidence than repair it. It does nothing more than signal we don't believe in either your ability to defend or provide offense in late game situations so without further adieux ladies and gentleman ... Toney Douglas.

#4 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

I think Douglas is a good Derek Fisher to Harden's Kobe Bryant. He should not be allowed to run an offense under any circumstances, but he can provide solid defense and shooting off the ball. As much as I would hate to see Lin lose his starting gig for the sake of his confidence, I think he might fit best as the leader of the second unit with unfettered control over the offense.
Also, it's great to see Patterson looking very, very good in the post against some very, very good defenders.

#5 Bigtkirk

Bigtkirk

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Regarding Lin, we have to remember that he is a relatively inexperienced NBA PG. Plus, learning to play efficiently with Hardin -- who needs the ball often in the half-court to be effective -- will take some time. Thus, variances in his performance level at this stage of the season are to be expected. My sense is that he will come around, probably when his confidence improves through better shooting.

#6 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Great win last night! Parsons is proving wrong to some people in this forums, showing he can really put some good numbers, both in points and rebounds. Last season he had only 2 double-doubles, this season has 4 so far. He is showing he could well be our SF for the forseeable future.
Asik had unimpressive numbers, that's right, and against a team that knows his weaknesses and strengths, but what stats don't show is that he disrupted a great amount of shots, which is just as important as shot-blocking, that's why probably PPat got 8 rebounds last night (I still can't believe Noah drained those near 3-land shots with that awful mechanic, lol). But, like Rahat mentioned, he got that amazing block against Noah in the final moments :D
Douglas may not be a great offensive player, but he can shoot from downtown. I really didn't care that he only made 1 field goal, because that field goal put us ahead in the final moments, so he wasn't fazed by the pressure, also making all his free throws, 4 of them in the last minute, and that's what we need from our players. He also made important plays on defense, specially one that resulted in a turnover from Robinson who passed it to Deng from the baseline and he pressured Deng not letting him receive the ball, that was almost unperceptible but was really important, we need those little things to improve us a whole, we need to hustle (that's why we are all liking what Morris and Smith are bringing to the table right now, lots of hustle).
They might lose more close games that what they may win, but we can't lose them for making silly mistakes, we have to make the opposite team earn that close wins and last night we were able to shut them down for a considerable amount of time.

#7 SamC

SamC

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Lin and Sampson are in a tough situation. Sampson is focused on winning now and he'll do whatever it takes to get that W, even if it's at the expense of building for the future. He doesn't care about developing Lin because he knows each win builds the case that he can be a head coach in the NBA. If a coach was secure in his job, he'd take risks and keep Lin in to let him learn from his mistakes and to gain confidence when he succeeds. Sampson is looking at the present while Lin keeps looking to the future. Someone needs to talk some sense into Lin and tell him that he doesn't have the luxury to take all season to work it out. Sampson isn't looking out for his best interest. Lin needs to throw caution to the wind and start playing like his job is at stake. Otherwise, his story line will mirror Douglas' story line last year, where a starting PG is relegated to the end of the bench with no PT.

#8 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Good win that will pay dividends down the road as the Rockets learned what it tales to win a close game.

I cannot get too happy about our starting PF grabbing a whopping 8 rebounds in 38 minutes.
Esp not in a game where the other team missed 57 field goal attempts and the Rockets missed 42 shots of their own.

I agree Livingston would have been a large help to this team,as he could have played SG on the second unit,giving it someone who could set up Douglas,Delfino and Morris. Oh well. I can understand the financial reasons as keeping him would have ended up costing Les several million-both for Livingston's contract and the buyout of Cook or Aldrich-and the loss of several million in Cap Space this yr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users