Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jorgeaam : (31 July 2014 - 03:25 AM) So it seems Kevin Love to the Cavs is a when not an if, things just got better in the east
@  bboley24 : (25 July 2014 - 02:32 AM) D League or not... he's here and he's working out with the best... it's good for all around... Sergio.
@  Buckko : (25 July 2014 - 12:16 AM) Well shots fired between harden and parsons.
@  majik19 : (24 July 2014 - 09:09 PM) He'll spend likely the whole season with the D-league team. He's 4th on the depth chart, at best.
@  txtdo1411 : (24 July 2014 - 03:51 PM) I like it as well YaoMan. You can't ever have enough long and athletic big men. It will be nice to see how he develops.
@  YaoMan : (24 July 2014 - 03:40 PM) Rockets sign Clint Capela and has been added to their regular season roster - I like this. He's got a high ceiling...
@  slick shoes : (22 July 2014 - 03:11 AM) live by the three, die by the three.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:54 AM) 21% on three pointers by Canaan and company, damn.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:51 AM) Rockets Summer Leaguers shot 32%, rough ending.
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:01 PM) I refer to the writers, as yall due to the multiple of them. We are the loyal readers. I should've word it better.
@  rockets best... : (20 July 2014 - 06:12 PM) we and y'all are the same people :lol:
@  bboley24 : (20 July 2014 - 12:32 PM) who is we and who is yall?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 08:21 AM) Can we get a post about defensive improvement or yall waiting until the defensive assistant gets chosen?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:37 AM) With internal improvement, the defensive minded FA acquisitions, and hopefully a good Defensive minded assistant. The rockets will be closer to a top 5 D than top 10.
@  miketheodio : (20 July 2014 - 05:55 AM) i wonder how much better the starting 5 will be with a wing who actually plays defense
@  rockets best... : (18 July 2014 - 09:26 PM) Kendall Marshall is Ish Smith of a few years ago
@  Cooper : (18 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Lakers waived Kendall Marshall, hes decent.
@  YaoMan : (18 July 2014 - 07:10 PM) @ slick shoes - And I'm bringing muzzles for them ladies in case they feel the need to start!
@  slick shoes : (18 July 2014 - 07:06 PM) @YaoMan I got a bit nervous at the Bosh strike out but one: FA isn't over and two: it's a long way until the trade deadline. As the saying goes, "It's not over until the fat lady sings."
@  YaoMan : (18 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) @ slick shoes, great points. Just nervous energy while all productive FAs are starting to get snatched up!

Photo

This is really, really fun

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

New post: This is really, really fun

#2 Forrest Walker

Forrest Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

Agreed. The prospect of an actual future for this team that leads from the present makes the bad losses easier to swallow. I've certainly seen a big dropoff in my "I'm incredibly sour" period after a brutal loss this year. It's like fifteen minutes, now. Last year it was like a day.

#3 goRockets

goRockets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for such a hopeful and uplifting article about the Rockets future, glad to be reminded that this team is going in the right direction and they have the right cornerstone pieces. Fans need to be patient with their development, it took even Lebron, Wade and Bosh (who are already veterans) a year or two before they made things work in Miami, so we've got to be realistic and patient about the Rockets' young core's development. Hopefully by next year and the one after they will be at a place where they are serious contenders for the NBA Finals if not Western Conference Finals. I know they have 6 losses this year already, but most were winnable games, even the Lakers game they were still competitive for a good chunk of the game, had the defense been better, I think they could have given the Lakers a good fight. And I mean the Lakers team is literally an all-star team. I hope they continue to gain conference the more games they play, and not be intimidated by veteran teams like Miami and Lakers, I think they can hang with any team. I'm not so worried about Lin's shot, he'll come around to finding his rhythm again, season still early, at least his assists has been going up and very consistent. If you look at his stats and compare to Nash's stats in his 3rd year, Jeremy Lin's are actually better. Lets not compare him to elite PGs so much now, it took those folks quite a few years to get to that level too. As much as I'd like to see him do really well, score a lot of points, I'd rather see him keep developing, than peaking now and no more room to improve. Just hope the coaches will be more creative with plays that utilizes Lin and Harden's strengths.

#4 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Agreed, I am also really excited about the Rockets direction right now. I hope that the seeds for a defense first culture are being planted more than anything else right now. Also, I thought the Asik signing was a very good move and it would appear that Asik is exceeding expectations and I am glad to see that move paying off so early on. Thanks for the article.

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#5 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

I'm thrilled. This has been fun to watch(at least he home games that I've actually gotten to be at), can't say much for the others due to not having CSN. I watch the box score/gamecast for the games I cannot watch, and as little information as can be gathered that way I am excited. I wasn't a fan of the Asik signing when it came to fruition, but I will concede that it was brilliant. 5 double-doubles so far? Several other games that were close, too. This was a guy that was brought in for defensive purposes only, and yet he's getting some points too(far above and beyond what is expected). As far as Lin, I hope he can work through his issues and definitely think he can do a better job than he has so far.
In regards to Jones/Patterson, I think we keep Jones and find a home for Patt. A rotation of Morris/Jones could be solid. Greg Smith has been a big surprise as well, I've enjoyed his development. I believe we should shop Patterson(or Motie if we're hell bent on keeping Patt) to find a back up PG or shooter, which seem to be big needs at this time. There isn't any rush to making a move, because we aren't going to contend this year, so I expect Morey to find the right deal.

#6 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

I loved the Asik signing when it happened, but I thought it would take a year. Hopefully he keeps playing like he is. I love what he does on the defensive end and on the boards. While I don't think he can ever be a star I think he can be a starter on a very very good team. He does the dirty work, and has actually been better offensively than I thought.
I think Lin is trying to hard to prove that he is worth his contract and he is doing to much. He needs to stay within himself and he'll be much better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users