Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thejohnnygold : (23 December 2014 - 12:40 AM) Morey's got this team so close to perfect I don't think he brings Smith in unless he is 100% sure Smith is healthy and that he is on board with his role here. We don't NEED him, but used properly he can be a game changer for us.
@  majik19 : (22 December 2014 - 10:12 PM) Would Josh Smith be the missing piece or the chemistry destroyer? I don't feel like there is much in between.
@  jorgeaam : (22 December 2014 - 09:39 PM) "Josh Smith has been linked to the Heat in addition to the Kings, Clippers and Mavericks, but the Rockets remain the apparent frontrunner to sign him once he clears waivers" according to Sun-Sentinel
@  Dan G : (22 December 2014 - 07:32 PM) I don't know man, I'm intrigued. Maybe he can play into our system well. Him and Howard are besties and do we want him going to the Mavs or Clippers and end up doing well for either of those teams?
@  cointurtlemoose : (22 December 2014 - 07:07 PM) Plleeeaaaassseeee Morey, stay awaaayyyyyy
@  jorgeaam : (22 December 2014 - 05:03 PM) Guys, Detroit just waived Josh Smith
@  YaoMan : (21 December 2014 - 01:53 AM) They can't do anything right now. ATL is getting layups after layups and Rox can't throw the ball in the ocean...
@  txtdo1411 : (20 December 2014 - 05:10 PM) I disagree Cooper. He is a fairly good handler and passer, so I could see him cutting into Canaan's minutes with the second unit.
@  Cooper : (20 December 2014 - 12:24 AM) Ideally shved isn't going to play a whole lot
@  jorgeaam : (20 December 2014 - 12:22 AM) Philly has become the official dumpster of the nba
@  YaoMan : (20 December 2014 - 12:20 AM) Giving Rockets lots of options. Terry and Shved can play together when Harden and Bev are resting...
@  jorgeaam : (20 December 2014 - 12:18 AM) He's 6'6 and can handle the ball
@  jorgeaam : (20 December 2014 - 12:18 AM) Yes, Shved is probably playing PG/SG
@  YaoMan : (20 December 2014 - 12:15 AM) Is Shved going to play back up PG? Would that also mean Papa gets more time at the 4?
@  YaoMan : (20 December 2014 - 12:04 AM) Shved is coming to the Rockets too???
@  jorgeaam : (19 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) Alexey Shved has been traded to the Rockets in exchange for Ronny Turiaf./ Rockets waive G/F Francisco Garcia.
@  jorgeaam : (19 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) There we go
@  thenit : (19 December 2014 - 10:16 PM) I think Morey wanted Brewer from the get go. But he got them mixed up last season and got the wrong one.
@  YaoMan : (19 December 2014 - 09:43 PM) With Brewer, the Rox can have superior defense all around. Imagine Brewer, Ariza, Howard and Bev pestering the heck out of opposing offenses...
@  Mario Peña : (19 December 2014 - 08:32 PM) This is good news and hopefully Brewer slips right in.

Photo

This is really, really fun

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

New post: This is really, really fun

#2 Forrest Walker

Forrest Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

Agreed. The prospect of an actual future for this team that leads from the present makes the bad losses easier to swallow. I've certainly seen a big dropoff in my "I'm incredibly sour" period after a brutal loss this year. It's like fifteen minutes, now. Last year it was like a day.

#3 goRockets

goRockets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for such a hopeful and uplifting article about the Rockets future, glad to be reminded that this team is going in the right direction and they have the right cornerstone pieces. Fans need to be patient with their development, it took even Lebron, Wade and Bosh (who are already veterans) a year or two before they made things work in Miami, so we've got to be realistic and patient about the Rockets' young core's development. Hopefully by next year and the one after they will be at a place where they are serious contenders for the NBA Finals if not Western Conference Finals. I know they have 6 losses this year already, but most were winnable games, even the Lakers game they were still competitive for a good chunk of the game, had the defense been better, I think they could have given the Lakers a good fight. And I mean the Lakers team is literally an all-star team. I hope they continue to gain conference the more games they play, and not be intimidated by veteran teams like Miami and Lakers, I think they can hang with any team. I'm not so worried about Lin's shot, he'll come around to finding his rhythm again, season still early, at least his assists has been going up and very consistent. If you look at his stats and compare to Nash's stats in his 3rd year, Jeremy Lin's are actually better. Lets not compare him to elite PGs so much now, it took those folks quite a few years to get to that level too. As much as I'd like to see him do really well, score a lot of points, I'd rather see him keep developing, than peaking now and no more room to improve. Just hope the coaches will be more creative with plays that utilizes Lin and Harden's strengths.

#4 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Agreed, I am also really excited about the Rockets direction right now. I hope that the seeds for a defense first culture are being planted more than anything else right now. Also, I thought the Asik signing was a very good move and it would appear that Asik is exceeding expectations and I am glad to see that move paying off so early on. Thanks for the article.

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#5 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

I'm thrilled. This has been fun to watch(at least he home games that I've actually gotten to be at), can't say much for the others due to not having CSN. I watch the box score/gamecast for the games I cannot watch, and as little information as can be gathered that way I am excited. I wasn't a fan of the Asik signing when it came to fruition, but I will concede that it was brilliant. 5 double-doubles so far? Several other games that were close, too. This was a guy that was brought in for defensive purposes only, and yet he's getting some points too(far above and beyond what is expected). As far as Lin, I hope he can work through his issues and definitely think he can do a better job than he has so far.
In regards to Jones/Patterson, I think we keep Jones and find a home for Patt. A rotation of Morris/Jones could be solid. Greg Smith has been a big surprise as well, I've enjoyed his development. I believe we should shop Patterson(or Motie if we're hell bent on keeping Patt) to find a back up PG or shooter, which seem to be big needs at this time. There isn't any rush to making a move, because we aren't going to contend this year, so I expect Morey to find the right deal.

#6 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

I loved the Asik signing when it happened, but I thought it would take a year. Hopefully he keeps playing like he is. I love what he does on the defensive end and on the boards. While I don't think he can ever be a star I think he can be a starter on a very very good team. He does the dirty work, and has actually been better offensively than I thought.
I think Lin is trying to hard to prove that he is worth his contract and he is doing to much. He needs to stay within himself and he'll be much better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users