Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  SadLakerFan : (01 February 2015 - 05:19 PM) who would have thought: Heat-Celtics and Lakers-Knicks and no one cares.
@  Cooper : (01 February 2015 - 06:18 AM) can't be giving up 28 to Kcp and augstin even if its the second game of the same day.
@  Losthief : (01 February 2015 - 06:18 AM) yeah my heart about fell out of my chest when he was just layin there in the 2nd...i was like oh gee-golly willikers...
@  Mario Peña : (01 February 2015 - 06:14 AM) I am glad Harden played through whatever happened and played like a man on a mission.
@  Losthief : (01 February 2015 - 03:16 AM) good news: Harden came back after scare looking great. Which for me is more impt than beating a east team on the road on the 2nd half of a back to back.
@  Losthief : (01 February 2015 - 03:15 AM) bad news: We came up short on the rally
@  rocketrick : (31 January 2015 - 07:16 PM) MM complaining about the home crowds at Rockets game apparently from his vantage point watching the games on TV is a joke. I'm a season ticket holder, so yes, I take MM's statements as an affront.
@  rocketrick : (31 January 2015 - 07:14 PM) MM claiming Josh Smith has had ONE good night on the offensive end is far from the truth. How about the Memphis game, the Chicago game, the OKC game, the Cleveland game amongst others. He double-doubled last night in Boston.
@  rocketrick : (31 January 2015 - 07:12 PM) Cousins actually did make the All-Star game, is Kobe's replacement.
@  cointurtlemoose : (31 January 2015 - 02:58 AM) Well, the first half of the game looked really good...
@  08huangj : (30 January 2015 - 12:21 PM) Dwight Howard could be out for an extended period of time
@  jorgeaam : (30 January 2015 - 12:44 AM) No Demarcus Cousins or Damian Lillard in the All-Star game, by the way
@  jorgeaam : (30 January 2015 - 12:40 AM) In the non-surprising new of the day, James Harden was selected as an All-Star reserve
@  Alituro : (29 January 2015 - 04:49 PM) If you look in the corners and behind the basket... where the regular ticket buyers sit, it tells a different story.
@  Alituro : (29 January 2015 - 04:48 PM) Our home crowd appearance is misleading as the seats along the sides that you see on TV are corporate seats and usually spoken for each game but the patrons spend their time in the lounges and restaurants
@  Alituro : (29 January 2015 - 04:45 PM) Our crowd certainly came alive when it came time to Ice Chandler's Flagrant FTs
@  Matt Maloney... : (29 January 2015 - 04:44 PM) Congrats to Josh Smith for having a ONE good night on the offensive end. His D and rebounding is always good, don't tell me you don't cringe when he takes a jumper at the top of the key when you have a MVP out there
@  Matt Maloney... : (29 January 2015 - 04:42 PM) If you have league pass, even the Knicks have a better home crowd
@  Matt Maloney... : (29 January 2015 - 04:40 PM) For those of us who no longer live in Houston, lives in LA, and pays the high prices at the Staples Center to watch the Rockets play, and you see the support the Lakers get, yeah I think I have a point
@  rocketrick : (29 January 2015 - 01:41 PM) Same dude also complaining about Josh Smith jump shots. Yesterday evening at the game over at Toyota Center (it's Downtown, let me know if anyone needs directions on how to get there) I saw solid evidence of the 2011 Josh Smith.

Photo

Will Phil Jackson be back?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,225 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

In a move that could lead to the unraveling of the Lakeshow or maybe vault them into Western Conference supremacy, the Buss family will choose a coach this week.

http://espn.go.com/n...oaching-options

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#2 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

if phil comes back he will vault them to champions. this is what real coaches are made of. while I don't like phil I can't argue with his resume. the man has had sucess with every team he has coached. it will probably take a wheel barrel full of money to get him out of retirement, but may be well worth it. the lakers only have about a 3 year window to win a championship with the present cast so why not max out your chances.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#3 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Oh please please choose D'antoni. PLEASE!! or Stan Van Gundy. If we have to hear about the Lakers all the time at least it would be dramatic with those two. No defense and a ton of hasty threes from average three point shooters. Or the fun of waiting of watching SVG and Howard stare hatefully at each other all game.

But realistically Phil comes back and coaches west coast games. And even though he's part time he gets 10 mil for the season. These are my psychic predictions, Lord ah Mercy.

#4 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

He will come back, and they will likely win a ring in the next 3 years(agree with RBF that that's their window, for now). From reports I've heard Phil has expressed that he would "love" to coach DH.

There is no better coach for your team when you have superstars.

#5 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,225 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

I think he comes back too. I wonder how many away games he coaches in person. I wonder if they get another assistant coach that is qualified to be a head coach that does the away games that are not on the west coast. Lots of questions.

#6 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

ESPN is reporting that they're getting D'Antoni. This is sure to be entertaining! The Lakers will have a terrible defence and all of those old guys will be tired out from running by midseason. But they're going to score, and score a lot, I expect.

ST

#7 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,225 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Right Sir Thursday and if there are any problems Lakers fans will surely be chanting for Phil Jackson. Looks like Jim Buss does not have the stomach to deal with Phil Jackson this year. Strange turn of events considering Jackson's agent was headed to Los Angeles today to meet with the Lakers' front office.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users