Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  08huangj : (24 April 2014 - 10:17 AM) Though, they might still turn the series around, I'm very, very dissapointed.
@  08huangj : (24 April 2014 - 10:16 AM) Kind of starting to regret to follow the Rockets just about every day.
@  08huangj : (24 April 2014 - 10:16 AM) And now, after receiving home court advantage and looking like a contender for the first two months of 2014, they've lost 2 matches in a row against Portland at Toyota center.
@  08huangj : (24 April 2014 - 10:15 AM) I read about all the articles I can find after the match
@  08huangj : (24 April 2014 - 10:14 AM) Then, Dwight Howard arrived. I thought that they had the ability to win the championship 'cause they had 2 superstars and a good supporting cast. I watched every one of Houston's games if they were available
@  08huangj : (24 April 2014 - 10:13 AM) The only reason I cared about NBA at that time was Jeremy Lin, as he's a Asian like me.
@  08huangj : (24 April 2014 - 10:12 AM) Before Dwight arrived, I cared little about the Rockets. If they lost a supposed-to-win match, I was like oh well, it doesn't matter. I only went to Espn to check the scores every day for a minute
@  08huangj : (24 April 2014 - 10:11 AM) Pretty dissapointed
@  08huangj : (24 April 2014 - 10:07 AM) See, you guys are finally starting to talk about firing McHale.
@  miketheodio : (24 April 2014 - 08:57 AM) and our 3s. i agree. the offense needs more structure. more order. 100% freestyle stuff needs to get toned down.
@  rockets best... : (24 April 2014 - 08:52 AM) Portland has taken away our transitions game and our free throws and we are helpless. this is the product of not having a structured offense
@  rockets best... : (24 April 2014 - 08:50 AM) a good coach would find a way to get Harden going.....maybe running him off more screens
@  rockets best... : (24 April 2014 - 08:49 AM) McHale lead teams always collapse at the end of seasons and in the playoffs
@  rockets best... : (24 April 2014 - 08:47 AM) or maybe they need a new coach
@  feelingsuper... : (24 April 2014 - 05:46 AM) Looking back maybe they peaked too early, bought into the hype and then the injuries didn't help.
@  tombrokeoff : (24 April 2014 - 05:37 AM) by my count, the Rockets are 10-10 in their last 20 games. havent been playing great in some time.
@  tombrokeoff : (24 April 2014 - 05:34 AM) when was the last time you were confident in what you saw the Rockets producing on the court? Apr 4th vs OKC? Mar 9th vs Portland? March 7th vs Indiana??
@  Cooper : (24 April 2014 - 05:29 AM) LMA looks like 2011 dirk, but hasn't helped that harden has completely no showed. Team didn't show any fire outside of dwight and hobbled Bev which is ridiculous for a playoff game.
@  tombrokeoff : (24 April 2014 - 05:10 AM) yeah they better bring it back to houston. would be nice if they could manage to win one there and again once back here to take it 6. would be incredible if they could take it to 7. theyll be lucky to win 1 though i think. unless portland pulls a houston and gets big headed/over confident.
@  feelingsuper... : (24 April 2014 - 05:09 AM) I agree, this is the most disappointed in Harden and this team I've been since he arrived. I hope they don't splinter. It's time for them to toughen up and close ranks whether they win or lose this series.

Photo

Will Phil Jackson be back?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

In a move that could lead to the unraveling of the Lakeshow or maybe vault them into Western Conference supremacy, the Buss family will choose a coach this week.

http://espn.go.com/n...oaching-options

#2 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

if phil comes back he will vault them to champions. this is what real coaches are made of. while I don't like phil I can't argue with his resume. the man has had sucess with every team he has coached. it will probably take a wheel barrel full of money to get him out of retirement, but may be well worth it. the lakers only have about a 3 year window to win a championship with the present cast so why not max out your chances.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#3 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Oh please please choose D'antoni. PLEASE!! or Stan Van Gundy. If we have to hear about the Lakers all the time at least it would be dramatic with those two. No defense and a ton of hasty threes from average three point shooters. Or the fun of waiting of watching SVG and Howard stare hatefully at each other all game.

But realistically Phil comes back and coaches west coast games. And even though he's part time he gets 10 mil for the season. These are my psychic predictions, Lord ah Mercy.

#4 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

He will come back, and they will likely win a ring in the next 3 years(agree with RBF that that's their window, for now). From reports I've heard Phil has expressed that he would "love" to coach DH.

There is no better coach for your team when you have superstars.

#5 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

I think he comes back too. I wonder how many away games he coaches in person. I wonder if they get another assistant coach that is qualified to be a head coach that does the away games that are not on the west coast. Lots of questions.

#6 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

ESPN is reporting that they're getting D'Antoni. This is sure to be entertaining! The Lakers will have a terrible defence and all of those old guys will be tired out from running by midseason. But they're going to score, and score a lot, I expect.

ST

#7 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Right Sir Thursday and if there are any problems Lakers fans will surely be chanting for Phil Jackson. Looks like Jim Buss does not have the stomach to deal with Phil Jackson this year. Strange turn of events considering Jackson's agent was headed to Los Angeles today to meet with the Lakers' front office.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users