Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thejohnnygold : (21 October 2014 - 10:15 PM) This article makes me happy
@  Buckko : (21 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) Plus an article about them http://www.houstonch...dcbcfaaf992f472
@  Buckko : (21 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) http://instagram.com...ideo&modal=true This time its jones and Dmo
@  cointurtlemoose : (20 October 2014 - 04:18 AM) I'm liking Kostas' crafty plays.
@  2016Champions : (20 October 2014 - 12:42 AM) Looks like his form improved. A reliable 3pt shot to take away the likes of Ibaka and Aldridge away from the rim could be huge for Harden's drives to the basket, and hopefully also result in more use of the pick and roll between Harden and Dwight.
@  Buckko : (19 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) I think yall will like this http://instagram.com...ideo&modal=true
@  thenit : (15 October 2014 - 12:35 AM) Asik and Davis looks good together
@  thenit : (14 October 2014 - 01:58 PM) I think we have a shot, but we are still behind Washington and OKC.
@  blakecouey : (14 October 2014 - 04:15 AM) He goes to Longhorn football games regularly, have seen him several times. I think we've got a shot, but wouldn't necessarily say we're a favorite to land KD.
@  Losthief : (14 October 2014 - 12:17 AM) the other thing that helps with durant is he likes texas, still goes/visits to UT Austin most summers iirc.
@  Buckko : (13 October 2014 - 10:46 PM) I really like our chances, because even though D.C. is his hometown, harden is his BFF. Dwight/harden/rockets cast>>>>Wall/beal/wizards cast. Plus no income tax.
@  Cooper : (13 October 2014 - 05:23 PM) I think it helps us and the wiz since both could keep there core and add KD but the cap jumping also helps okc since they are so scared of the tax. they can now keep Jackson and add another guy.
@  thenit : (13 October 2014 - 04:27 AM) Until he returns. So still probably end up top 3
@  thenit : (13 October 2014 - 04:27 AM) I think it makes it less likely because teams will get more money from the tv deal. Also he will miss between 12-15 games and they will be above .500
@  Drew in Abilene : (13 October 2014 - 03:26 AM) This may just be wild fantasy, but with Durant's chances of winning a title at least diminished and the cap jumping significantly when he's a free agent, is it fair to say whatever small chance we have of landing him as a FA is a little better?
@  feelingsuper... : (12 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Getting to the Finals and winning has become a few levels more difficult for the Thunder.
@  feelingsuper... : (12 October 2014 - 03:37 PM) Kevin Durant out for 6 to 8 weeks, fracture in foot.
@  Buckko : (11 October 2014 - 01:40 AM) No, he IS the worst announcer. That's why road games without him can be the best.
@  Dan G : (11 October 2014 - 12:34 AM) I'm with you on Clyde FSS. I loved Clyde as a player but he has got to be the worst announcer ever. I just wish it was Bill and Bullard, or bring back Calvin Murphy.
@  txtdo1411 : (10 October 2014 - 10:40 PM) I am starting to get very excited about our bench. I know it is preseason, but the toughness and grit is inspiring.

Photo

Will Phil Jackson be back?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,135 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

In a move that could lead to the unraveling of the Lakeshow or maybe vault them into Western Conference supremacy, the Buss family will choose a coach this week.

http://espn.go.com/n...oaching-options

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#2 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,981 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

if phil comes back he will vault them to champions. this is what real coaches are made of. while I don't like phil I can't argue with his resume. the man has had sucess with every team he has coached. it will probably take a wheel barrel full of money to get him out of retirement, but may be well worth it. the lakers only have about a 3 year window to win a championship with the present cast so why not max out your chances.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#3 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Oh please please choose D'antoni. PLEASE!! or Stan Van Gundy. If we have to hear about the Lakers all the time at least it would be dramatic with those two. No defense and a ton of hasty threes from average three point shooters. Or the fun of waiting of watching SVG and Howard stare hatefully at each other all game.

But realistically Phil comes back and coaches west coast games. And even though he's part time he gets 10 mil for the season. These are my psychic predictions, Lord ah Mercy.

#4 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

He will come back, and they will likely win a ring in the next 3 years(agree with RBF that that's their window, for now). From reports I've heard Phil has expressed that he would "love" to coach DH.

There is no better coach for your team when you have superstars.

#5 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,135 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

I think he comes back too. I wonder how many away games he coaches in person. I wonder if they get another assistant coach that is qualified to be a head coach that does the away games that are not on the west coast. Lots of questions.

#6 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

ESPN is reporting that they're getting D'Antoni. This is sure to be entertaining! The Lakers will have a terrible defence and all of those old guys will be tired out from running by midseason. But they're going to score, and score a lot, I expect.

ST

#7 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,135 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Right Sir Thursday and if there are any problems Lakers fans will surely be chanting for Phil Jackson. Looks like Jim Buss does not have the stomach to deal with Phil Jackson this year. Strange turn of events considering Jackson's agent was headed to Los Angeles today to meet with the Lakers' front office.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users