Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thejohnnygold : (25 July 2016 - 04:26 PM) I think I am going to like Bobby Brown...that is within the confines of our current strategy which is score, score, SCORE!
@  slick shoes : (22 July 2016 - 08:02 PM) The "super team" Knicks? lol
@  thejohnnygold : (22 July 2016 - 06:05 PM) On Josh Smith...my guess is the Knicks eventually sign him.
@  slick shoes : (21 July 2016 - 04:29 PM) The Jet has been released. Josh Smith will likely play for another team next season. Maybe he teams up with Dwight in ATL?
@  slick shoes : (21 July 2016 - 12:17 PM) Harden is now sending hitmen after Rockets legends' sons for badmouthing him on social media *facepalm*
@  slick shoes : (18 July 2016 - 02:22 PM) If you haven't seen the 30 for 30 "The Guru of Go", I recommend it before the upcoming season.
@  Shy Silver : (14 July 2016 - 07:20 PM) Yea I know, but there were reports both sides were willing to have a reunion before Chicago signed him. So at the time, Canaan was an option, and a better one than Pablo at that. We should've capitalized on that one, especially with how well he fits the system for obvious reasons + age on his side.
@  thejohnnygold : (14 July 2016 - 03:43 PM) Canaan signed with Chicago already
@  Shy Silver : (14 July 2016 - 03:24 PM) Don't love the Prigioni move. Thought for sure we had better options like bringing Canaan back or getting someone like Shane Larkin
@  DenverRocket : (14 July 2016 - 04:36 AM) Apparently signed Prigioni to a one-year contract (veteran minimum) with a team option for a second season.
@  slick shoes : (13 July 2016 - 08:38 PM) Chris Finch is out as an assistant. Bummer.
@  slick shoes : (11 July 2016 - 03:32 PM) Shame to lose Glove Jr. before the close of Summer League. Would have liked to see him get some court time.
@  Mario Peña : (09 July 2016 - 11:21 PM) I'm going to tentatively say I'm glad this is happening. I believe James is a top 5 player with all the tools to have a great year but this team needs an all star/glue guy/leader type and then maybe the magic can happen.
@  thejohnnygold : (09 July 2016 - 09:53 PM) If he plays defense I'll be fine
@  DenverRocket : (09 July 2016 - 07:51 PM) Bad news for the anti-Harden brigade, he's just signed a 4yr extension ($118m)
@  slick shoes : (07 July 2016 - 12:46 AM) Maybe these are just pieces to a larger puzzle... (fingers crossed)
@  thejohnnygold : (06 July 2016 - 08:21 PM) Morey has had a crush on him for a long time...another offense-only guy...
@  slick shoes : (06 July 2016 - 06:22 PM) We have just signed Nene to a one year deal....
@  Mario Peña : (06 July 2016 - 04:05 AM) I don't think Harden and Russ had the kind of relationship that could lead to that combined with my hunch that Westbrook has ambitions that might lead him to a big market. I suspect they might both be too alpha to mesh.
@  thejohnnygold : (06 July 2016 - 03:15 AM) I wouldn't hate it....but I wouldn't love it either.

Photo

Will Phil Jackson be back?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

In a move that could lead to the unraveling of the Lakeshow or maybe vault them into Western Conference supremacy, the Buss family will choose a coach this week.

http://espn.go.com/n...oaching-options
I can't stand the Warriors!

#2 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

if phil comes back he will vault them to champions. this is what real coaches are made of. while I don't like phil I can't argue with his resume. the man has had sucess with every team he has coached. it will probably take a wheel barrel full of money to get him out of retirement, but may be well worth it. the lakers only have about a 3 year window to win a championship with the present cast so why not max out your chances.

My new years resolution.....drink that special bottle of wine, take your son on that fishing trip, live each day as if it were my last because everyday of LIFE is special B)

#3 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Oh please please choose D'antoni. PLEASE!! or Stan Van Gundy. If we have to hear about the Lakers all the time at least it would be dramatic with those two. No defense and a ton of hasty threes from average three point shooters. Or the fun of waiting of watching SVG and Howard stare hatefully at each other all game.

But realistically Phil comes back and coaches west coast games. And even though he's part time he gets 10 mil for the season. These are my psychic predictions, Lord ah Mercy.

#4 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

He will come back, and they will likely win a ring in the next 3 years(agree with RBF that that's their window, for now). From reports I've heard Phil has expressed that he would "love" to coach DH.

There is no better coach for your team when you have superstars.

#5 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

I think he comes back too. I wonder how many away games he coaches in person. I wonder if they get another assistant coach that is qualified to be a head coach that does the away games that are not on the west coast. Lots of questions.

#6 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

ESPN is reporting that they're getting D'Antoni. This is sure to be entertaining! The Lakers will have a terrible defence and all of those old guys will be tired out from running by midseason. But they're going to score, and score a lot, I expect.

ST

#7 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Right Sir Thursday and if there are any problems Lakers fans will surely be chanting for Phil Jackson. Looks like Jim Buss does not have the stomach to deal with Phil Jackson this year. Strange turn of events considering Jackson's agent was headed to Los Angeles today to meet with the Lakers' front office.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users