Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  DenverRocket : (05 February 2016 - 02:38 AM) I thought we'd seen the worst of it this season, but that Q1 ranks up there with it!
@  slick shoes : (04 February 2016 - 06:54 PM) DMo is back from the D-League. Might see some big minutes from him tonight.
@  Sir Thursday : (03 February 2016 - 11:51 PM) TJ was in a car accident on the way to the airport according to Feigen. Hope it wasn't anything too serious...
@  Cooper : (03 February 2016 - 09:49 PM) Crowder would be great
@  slick shoes : (03 February 2016 - 07:33 PM) I read that too but can't imagine what they could offer in return other than draft picks (which we have none of for this years draft).
@  majik19 : (03 February 2016 - 06:50 PM) Calvin Watkins said something about a potential Dwight Howard to Boston trade... but haven't seen any other details on that.
@  slick shoes : (02 February 2016 - 03:38 PM) the point: it seems you have missed it lol
@  thenit : (02 February 2016 - 06:23 AM) well its not really a snub when you aren't deserving
@  thejohnnygold : (02 February 2016 - 12:13 AM) Hopefully he is more concerned about our W's and L's right now than another All-Star game. His body could use the rest and I'm guessing he will be glad to kick back and enjoy watching from home.
@  slick shoes : (01 February 2016 - 09:45 PM) I wasn't really asking if YOU thought he was a snub. I was wondering how Dwight feels about it.
@  thenit : (30 January 2016 - 03:45 AM) Honestly D12 is like the 8th best big man in the west.
@  DenverRocket : (30 January 2016 - 03:25 AM) Kanter has killed us since D12's hissy fit (whether justified or not, he needs to put a lid on it!)
@  slick shoes : (30 January 2016 - 12:58 AM) has anyone seen any mention of DH12 being an all star snub? because I haven't. I wonder how he feels about that.....
@  slick shoes : (29 January 2016 - 07:48 PM) DMo will make his return tomorrow with the RGV Vipers. Not that it really makes any difference.....
@  majik19 : (28 January 2016 - 03:32 AM) pretty embarassing defensive performance. Offense was doing okay until they quit in the 3rd. How did we beat this team again?
@  majik19 : (28 January 2016 - 02:09 AM) we're going to lose this game because Leonard and Green are just living on the 3 pt line (and btw guys, they're good shooters!)
@  majik19 : (28 January 2016 - 01:42 AM) they seriously just fouled Clint Capela before he even inbounded the ball. wow.
@  SadLakerFan : (26 January 2016 - 07:36 AM) Troy Daniels had it going tonight against Sacramento - 28 Pts. 8/11 threes
@  thenit : (26 January 2016 - 03:19 AM) Since the trade for Josh we just looked different. It may look chaotic, but at least there's loads of energy and 100% effort
@  majik19 : (25 January 2016 - 04:58 PM) it wasn't even close. It helped for sure that the shots were falling (if those 3s weren't falling, would we have gotten all mopey?) but man that was a great quarter.

Photo

Will Phil Jackson be back?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,335 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

In a move that could lead to the unraveling of the Lakeshow or maybe vault them into Western Conference supremacy, the Buss family will choose a coach this week.

http://espn.go.com/n...oaching-options
I can't stand the Warriors!

#2 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

if phil comes back he will vault them to champions. this is what real coaches are made of. while I don't like phil I can't argue with his resume. the man has had sucess with every team he has coached. it will probably take a wheel barrel full of money to get him out of retirement, but may be well worth it. the lakers only have about a 3 year window to win a championship with the present cast so why not max out your chances.

My new years resolution.....drink that special bottle of wine, take your son on that fishing trip, live each day as if it were my last because everyday of LIFE is special B)

#3 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Oh please please choose D'antoni. PLEASE!! or Stan Van Gundy. If we have to hear about the Lakers all the time at least it would be dramatic with those two. No defense and a ton of hasty threes from average three point shooters. Or the fun of waiting of watching SVG and Howard stare hatefully at each other all game.

But realistically Phil comes back and coaches west coast games. And even though he's part time he gets 10 mil for the season. These are my psychic predictions, Lord ah Mercy.

#4 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

He will come back, and they will likely win a ring in the next 3 years(agree with RBF that that's their window, for now). From reports I've heard Phil has expressed that he would "love" to coach DH.

There is no better coach for your team when you have superstars.

#5 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,335 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

I think he comes back too. I wonder how many away games he coaches in person. I wonder if they get another assistant coach that is qualified to be a head coach that does the away games that are not on the west coast. Lots of questions.

#6 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

ESPN is reporting that they're getting D'Antoni. This is sure to be entertaining! The Lakers will have a terrible defence and all of those old guys will be tired out from running by midseason. But they're going to score, and score a lot, I expect.

ST

#7 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,335 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Right Sir Thursday and if there are any problems Lakers fans will surely be chanting for Phil Jackson. Looks like Jim Buss does not have the stomach to deal with Phil Jackson this year. Strange turn of events considering Jackson's agent was headed to Los Angeles today to meet with the Lakers' front office.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users