Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  JY86er : (26 May 2015 - 08:38 AM) Horford didnt get suspended. Maybe NBA give Howard a break also.
@  SadLakerFan : (26 May 2015 - 05:25 AM) There's no question in my mind Dwight is going to be suspended. You could argue he's facing away, and the hand was open, but based on what we've seen this season, he's gone.
@  Mario Peña : (26 May 2015 - 04:59 AM) It's obvious Harden has taken another step this postseason. The dude is going to be even better next year. Amazing.
@  Willk : (26 May 2015 - 04:13 AM) I have a bad feeling that Howard is going to be suspended. Hope not though
@  SadLakerFan : (26 May 2015 - 03:48 AM) The value of James Harden's rookie card just went up by a dollar.
@  cointurtlemoose : (26 May 2015 - 03:46 AM) James Harden is good at basketball.
@  SadLakerFan : (26 May 2015 - 03:34 AM) Ten point lead three minutes left. McHale can prove himself now.
@  cointurtlemoose : (26 May 2015 - 02:20 AM) Klay Thompson needs to stop what he's doing...
@  jorgeaam : (26 May 2015 - 02:15 AM) What a shame that didn't count
@  jorgeaam : (26 May 2015 - 02:14 AM) Yeah but I'd say that they get much better looks when they're trying harder on offense, rather than just letting Harden go one on one and create something
@  majik19 : (26 May 2015 - 02:06 AM) well great shooting really helps (now we've cooled off).
@  jorgeaam : (26 May 2015 - 01:52 AM) Does anyone realize how good the Rockets are when they put constant effort in their games? Same with Clippers series, they become unstoppable
@  jorgeaam : (26 May 2015 - 01:36 AM) Well, I don't care if we lose this series anymore, we just scored 45 points in a quarter against GS
@  majik19 : (25 May 2015 - 08:07 PM) I think Ariza chases Curry around tonight, and if Thompson beats us, he beats us.
@  SadLakerFan : (25 May 2015 - 03:43 AM) Lebron James is playing with a fire. Unreal performance tonight when his threes aren't falling.
@  Mario Peña : (24 May 2015 - 03:55 PM) Don't get me wrong, I hope they can come back and be competitive but the lack of talent/production from the 1 and 4 in this series really makes it hard on Harden/Howard.
@  Mario Peña : (24 May 2015 - 03:53 PM) 36% shooting from Smith/Jones tandem and sub 30% from Terry/Prigioni who also can't defend in this matchup is a recipe for a sweep.
@  Mario Peña : (24 May 2015 - 02:16 PM) I actually went out last night for game three, Griff's in Montrose. By the second half everybody in that bar was so down, it was a rough night.
@  majik19 : (24 May 2015 - 04:28 AM) i think tonight's loss proved one thing - we need a transcendent performance from Harden to hang with the Warriors. We didn't have that tonight.
@  skip 2 my lou : (24 May 2015 - 02:46 AM) another illegal screen call, are they finally gonna call them?

Photo

Will Phil Jackson be back?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,281 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

In a move that could lead to the unraveling of the Lakeshow or maybe vault them into Western Conference supremacy, the Buss family will choose a coach this week.

http://espn.go.com/n...oaching-options

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#2 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

if phil comes back he will vault them to champions. this is what real coaches are made of. while I don't like phil I can't argue with his resume. the man has had sucess with every team he has coached. it will probably take a wheel barrel full of money to get him out of retirement, but may be well worth it. the lakers only have about a 3 year window to win a championship with the present cast so why not max out your chances.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#3 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Oh please please choose D'antoni. PLEASE!! or Stan Van Gundy. If we have to hear about the Lakers all the time at least it would be dramatic with those two. No defense and a ton of hasty threes from average three point shooters. Or the fun of waiting of watching SVG and Howard stare hatefully at each other all game.

But realistically Phil comes back and coaches west coast games. And even though he's part time he gets 10 mil for the season. These are my psychic predictions, Lord ah Mercy.

#4 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

He will come back, and they will likely win a ring in the next 3 years(agree with RBF that that's their window, for now). From reports I've heard Phil has expressed that he would "love" to coach DH.

There is no better coach for your team when you have superstars.

#5 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,281 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

I think he comes back too. I wonder how many away games he coaches in person. I wonder if they get another assistant coach that is qualified to be a head coach that does the away games that are not on the west coast. Lots of questions.

#6 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

ESPN is reporting that they're getting D'Antoni. This is sure to be entertaining! The Lakers will have a terrible defence and all of those old guys will be tired out from running by midseason. But they're going to score, and score a lot, I expect.

ST

#7 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,281 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Right Sir Thursday and if there are any problems Lakers fans will surely be chanting for Phil Jackson. Looks like Jim Buss does not have the stomach to deal with Phil Jackson this year. Strange turn of events considering Jackson's agent was headed to Los Angeles today to meet with the Lakers' front office.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users