Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  bboley24 : (25 July 2014 - 02:32 AM) D League or not... he's here and he's working out with the best... it's good for all around... Sergio.
@  Buckko : (25 July 2014 - 12:16 AM) Well shots fired between harden and parsons.
@  majik19 : (24 July 2014 - 09:09 PM) He'll spend likely the whole season with the D-league team. He's 4th on the depth chart, at best.
@  txtdo1411 : (24 July 2014 - 03:51 PM) I like it as well YaoMan. You can't ever have enough long and athletic big men. It will be nice to see how he develops.
@  YaoMan : (24 July 2014 - 03:40 PM) Rockets sign Clint Capela and has been added to their regular season roster - I like this. He's got a high ceiling...
@  slick shoes : (22 July 2014 - 03:11 AM) live by the three, die by the three.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:54 AM) 21% on three pointers by Canaan and company, damn.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:51 AM) Rockets Summer Leaguers shot 32%, rough ending.
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:01 PM) I refer to the writers, as yall due to the multiple of them. We are the loyal readers. I should've word it better.
@  rockets best... : (20 July 2014 - 06:12 PM) we and y'all are the same people :lol:
@  bboley24 : (20 July 2014 - 12:32 PM) who is we and who is yall?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 08:21 AM) Can we get a post about defensive improvement or yall waiting until the defensive assistant gets chosen?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:37 AM) With internal improvement, the defensive minded FA acquisitions, and hopefully a good Defensive minded assistant. The rockets will be closer to a top 5 D than top 10.
@  miketheodio : (20 July 2014 - 05:55 AM) i wonder how much better the starting 5 will be with a wing who actually plays defense
@  rockets best... : (18 July 2014 - 09:26 PM) Kendall Marshall is Ish Smith of a few years ago
@  Cooper : (18 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Lakers waived Kendall Marshall, hes decent.
@  YaoMan : (18 July 2014 - 07:10 PM) @ slick shoes - And I'm bringing muzzles for them ladies in case they feel the need to start!
@  slick shoes : (18 July 2014 - 07:06 PM) @YaoMan I got a bit nervous at the Bosh strike out but one: FA isn't over and two: it's a long way until the trade deadline. As the saying goes, "It's not over until the fat lady sings."
@  YaoMan : (18 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) @ slick shoes, great points. Just nervous energy while all productive FAs are starting to get snatched up!
@  Cooper : (18 July 2014 - 05:24 PM) yeah i doubt they bringing these guys in with the expectation of them being great, we just need guys to soak up some min maybe a few pan out, maybe they don't.

Photo

Will Phil Jackson be back?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

In a move that could lead to the unraveling of the Lakeshow or maybe vault them into Western Conference supremacy, the Buss family will choose a coach this week.

http://espn.go.com/n...oaching-options

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#2 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

if phil comes back he will vault them to champions. this is what real coaches are made of. while I don't like phil I can't argue with his resume. the man has had sucess with every team he has coached. it will probably take a wheel barrel full of money to get him out of retirement, but may be well worth it. the lakers only have about a 3 year window to win a championship with the present cast so why not max out your chances.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#3 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Oh please please choose D'antoni. PLEASE!! or Stan Van Gundy. If we have to hear about the Lakers all the time at least it would be dramatic with those two. No defense and a ton of hasty threes from average three point shooters. Or the fun of waiting of watching SVG and Howard stare hatefully at each other all game.

But realistically Phil comes back and coaches west coast games. And even though he's part time he gets 10 mil for the season. These are my psychic predictions, Lord ah Mercy.

#4 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

He will come back, and they will likely win a ring in the next 3 years(agree with RBF that that's their window, for now). From reports I've heard Phil has expressed that he would "love" to coach DH.

There is no better coach for your team when you have superstars.

#5 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

I think he comes back too. I wonder how many away games he coaches in person. I wonder if they get another assistant coach that is qualified to be a head coach that does the away games that are not on the west coast. Lots of questions.

#6 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

ESPN is reporting that they're getting D'Antoni. This is sure to be entertaining! The Lakers will have a terrible defence and all of those old guys will be tired out from running by midseason. But they're going to score, and score a lot, I expect.

ST

#7 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Right Sir Thursday and if there are any problems Lakers fans will surely be chanting for Phil Jackson. Looks like Jim Buss does not have the stomach to deal with Phil Jackson this year. Strange turn of events considering Jackson's agent was headed to Los Angeles today to meet with the Lakers' front office.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users