Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  miketheodio : (22 April 2014 - 06:16 AM) this is all speculation, but i honestly believe the NBA is trying to set a "tone" for some of these game.
@  miketheodio : (22 April 2014 - 06:15 AM) obviously blazers v rockets, but look at the first GSW v clippers game. same deal. this was also done a bit last year for hou vs okc.
@  miketheodio : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 AM) big proponent of let the players play. nba is too ticky tacky. i think the refs were told to be loose with the whistle for series that involved teams with bad blood.
@  rocketrick : (22 April 2014 - 12:55 AM) Hopefully the NBA will change their policy on reviewing plays in the final 2 minutes to include reviewing foul calls. Right now the NBA policy is simply not to review foul calls. Would probably end up in a longer game and completely stop the flow of the game. Still, it is better to get the call right especially in closely contested games.
@  rockets best... : (21 April 2014 - 11:56 PM) I never believed in corruption from high levels in the league however last nights game would be ammo for those that support it
@  rockets best... : (21 April 2014 - 11:53 PM) the NBA admitting their officiating mistake after the fact is hollow. they need better in-game correction and better overall officials. the crew last night was awful
@  BrentYen : (21 April 2014 - 08:30 PM) WT....NBA just corrected that last foul call on D12, should be on Freeland
@  feelingsuper... : (21 April 2014 - 06:43 PM) Yesssssss! I just saw here as well rocketrick, rejoice! http://blog.chron.co...play-in-game-2/
@  rocketrick : (21 April 2014 - 05:25 PM) According to a report on ESPN.com and Yahoo, Beverley has received medical clearance to play in Game 2. No new damage to his knee per his MRI.
@  Cooper : (21 April 2014 - 03:00 PM) You can blame mchale a little bit for defensive schemes but even that was mostly poor execution plus LA seemed to hit every shot. Player usage was not a problem
@  Cooper : (21 April 2014 - 02:49 PM) You can't bench starters in a playoff game have to trust they will get through it. nothing the blazers would love more than having troy daniels on the floor instead of harden or beverley.
@  08huangj : (21 April 2014 - 10:42 AM) If Harden didn't waste so many chances, the Rockets would've won this game. Even though the Trail Blazers in my opinion wasn't suppose to win this one, I think the main reason was McHale.
@  08huangj : (21 April 2014 - 10:37 AM) Forgot to add Beverley. McHale's player usage: For example: When the Rockets were shooting so bad at the three point line and Beverley didn't exactly look like an game changer or even a NBA player, McHale didn't have the nerves to switch on Troy Daniels. He also didn't play Motiejunas, one of the best young players of the team. When a starter is not playing well, like Harden and Beverley for this game, you gotta switch him off for a while. You don't just keep all your starters on the court even when they're playing bad and couldn't resist the Blazers in the fourth quarter. P.S: Harden got 2 attempts at the end of the fourth quarter and overtime that was game changing even when he missed so much shots.
@  08huangj : (21 April 2014 - 10:32 AM) Well, my opinion is that if the Rockets don't advance to the second round, McHale is definitely going to be fired. He might even be fired if he didn't make it to the Western Conference Finals. I mean, maybe my expectations for the Rockets are too high. The truth is: Dwight Howard came to Houston to win a championship, not lose in the first round(Though for me the odds between the two teams are even now). Houston has every ability to win a championship. Dwight Howard and James Harden are both top five players with a good coach. There is also a really good supporting cast: Chandler Parsons, Omer Asik, Terrence Jones, Jeremy Lin, and some good bench players that McHale didn't even bother to play.
@  feelingsuper... : (21 April 2014 - 06:31 AM) Agreed, we just witnessed the Aldridge game. Great players swing games.
@  SadLakerFan : (21 April 2014 - 06:25 AM) Some positives - Aldridge has developed into a great player, but law of averages - he won't be hitting huge threes and scoring 46 again. Harden is unlikely to miss 20 shots again. And even though you live with Howard's free throw struggles, they came in bunches at a critical point, triggering the Blazers' big comeback. It ain't over.
@  feelingsuper... : (21 April 2014 - 06:03 AM) The Rockets seemed to regress to the team they were earlier in the season a little, I guess that was to be expected. I am looking for the team to bounce back of course.
@  feelingsuper... : (21 April 2014 - 06:00 AM) This series will be marked by each team making runs and the Blazers made the run in the forth that completely changed the momentum.
@  feelingsuper... : (21 April 2014 - 05:58 AM) McHale fired, get serious.
@  08huangj : (21 April 2014 - 05:56 AM) When the Rockets were up by eleven, I turned off my T.V because I had more important things to do. Then, after like 40 minutes, I turned on my Mac pro and found the Rockets gave up 122 points to the Blazers and lost. I wouldn't blame the players for anything in the game. I have not liked Mchale ever since I followed the Rockets when Lin came over. I'm not trying to be negative, but he's not a really good coach even though he's a really good basketball player. Any coach that can't lead a team so talented should be fired and ain't very good. Mchale never, ever, draws up place at the end off the game. I don't even thing he has talked to the players of defense and how to prevent a player to get 46 points against one of the best defenders(Asik) in the league. Absolutely insane.

Photo

kevin mchale to take immediate leave of absence