Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Dan G : (17 April 2014 - 10:17 PM) That is some interesting news. We gotta get past Portland first, but I like that stat for the next round.
@  feelingsuper... : (17 April 2014 - 12:45 PM) So yesterday during Truehoop TV Amin said the teams that win any season series 4 to 0 go on in the post season with a 51 and 4 record versus the losing team. Hmmmmmm...
@  Buckko : (15 April 2014 - 05:22 AM) Hope we can get him back in the offseason, he was just signed for the rest of the offseason.
@  jorgeaam : (15 April 2014 - 04:16 AM) Bulls release Tornike Shengelia and sign Greg Smith, well, that didn't take long
@  Cooper : (15 April 2014 - 02:39 AM) nice win. Dwight looks like he's ready go. Bev's still a little rusty but he should be fine.
@  Sir Thursday : (14 April 2014 - 10:24 PM) Thanks huang, that's useful knowledge :).
@  08huangj : (14 April 2014 - 01:15 AM) I've watched a lot of his games
@  08huangj : (14 April 2014 - 01:15 AM) Guys, I live in Guangzhou. Just in case you didn't notice, Powell was in Guangzhou playing with the tigers before he came to the Rockets. No midrange shot. Good rebounder. Bad defender. Good at attacking the rim. This is my summary for his time at Guangzhou.
@  Cooper : (13 April 2014 - 11:16 PM) hes 6-9 so id guess more of a pf but it doesn't really matter either way I guess.
@  Buckko : (13 April 2014 - 11:02 PM) Not really, you seen his season averages? Not pretty.
@  Sir Thursday : (13 April 2014 - 10:18 PM) He's more of a PF, I thought. You could always make the specious "RINGZZZ!" argument, since he won two with the Lakers...
@  Buckko : (13 April 2014 - 09:04 PM) Waived Pittman, signed Josh Powell. I don't really get why they signed a scrub SF.
@  Drew in Abilene : (13 April 2014 - 02:41 AM) In the postgame interview, Bev said he was alright, but it looked iffy...
@  08huangj : (13 April 2014 - 02:40 AM) Not watching the game. Just looking at the play-by-plays.
@  08huangj : (13 April 2014 - 02:39 AM) Rockets win!
@  Drew in Abilene : (13 April 2014 - 02:39 AM) Oh gosh, I hope Beverley isn't hurt again... He was taken out in the last few seconds limping after falling and looking like he hurt his right knee...
@  08huangj : (13 April 2014 - 02:39 AM) yep
@  Drew in Abilene : (13 April 2014 - 02:35 AM) Harden, Lin, and Beverley all coming up big in these last few clutch minutes.
@  08huangj : (13 April 2014 - 02:01 AM) And why is Parsons missing?
@  08huangj : (13 April 2014 - 02:00 AM) If Rockets don't get better soon, they are not going to be the fourth seed in the western conference.

Photo

Memphis Grizzlies 93, Houston Rockets 85

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

New post: Memphis Grizzlies 93, Houston Rockets 85

#2 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I really liked McHale's tactic of going small against the big Grizzlies frontline. Got us back into the game where we looked out of it. However, I think at the end he left that lineup out there for slightly too long. Houston cut the lead to 87-85, so Lionel Hollins called a timeout. Out of the timeout, these were the lineups:

Memphis: Conley/Pondexter/Gay/Randolph/Gasol
Houston: Lin/Harden/Delfino/Parsons/Asik

Coming out of a timeout, Houston is going to be in trouble both on the boards and defending in the post. I would have liked to have seen them try to match Memphis and put Patterson in for Delfino. I know PPat was struggling to rebound last night but he still would have done better than Delfino down the stretch. It also would have been invaluable to have had someone in the post area who can actually catch the ball if necessary (Asik is not that person).

Still, I can't be too angry because it was his decision to go to that lineup in the first place that got the Rockets back into the game.

ST

#3 inpropagation

inpropagation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Oh, you want somebody in the post that can catch the ball and do something? Sorry man, but the Rockettes don't HAVE anybody like that.

BTW, who's this Terrence Jones guy?

#4 inpropagation

inpropagation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Oh, you want somebody in the post that can catch the ball and do something? Sorry man, but the Rockettes don't HAVE anybody like that.

BTW, who's this Terrence Jones guy?

#5 Bigtkirk

Bigtkirk

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Unless Parsons develops into a reasonably efficient 12-15 ppg scorer, is it really realistic to expect that he and Asik can be components of an effective lineup over extended minutes?

#6 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Unless Parsons develops into a reasonably efficient 12-15 ppg scorer, is it really realistic to expect that he and Asik can be components of an effective lineup over extended minutes?

Asik, Patterson, and Parsons simply cannot coexist.

#7 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Interesting - why do you say this? I feel like Patterson has been playing reasonably well on the offensive end - going forwards I'd estimate we can count on him for ~12 ppg on average. I mean, it's not a gaudy number, but it's by no means bad and what's more I think it's something he can do with consistency. Or is it that you feel he's not enough of a threat to draw the defence's attention?

ST

#8 Bigtkirk

Bigtkirk

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

I agree with Rahat. There is simply not enough efficient scoring punch in the Parsons-Asik-Patterson trio to play extended minutes together. It's doubtful at this stage of their development that either Parsons or Patterson will improve enough offensively to change that reality.

#9 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

I agree with Rahat. There is simply not enough efficient scoring punch in the Parsons-Asik-Patterson trio to play extended minutes together. It's doubtful at this stage of their development that either Parsons or Patterson will improve enough offensively to change that reality.

totally agree. it's nice to have good defensive players, but somebody gotta score. teams have begun to double our guard players because we don't have a scoring threat in the post or a consistant corner 3 pt shooter. something has to change or it's going to be a long season.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#10 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Truth, Parsons lack of a three point shot, which won't get much better this season. (He is jumping forward instead of up and down. They taught us this in grade school!!) Without that floor spacing Asik and Patterson just don't have the post games to stay competitive. Although you have to like the screening ability of both.

Since Asik is our best center and Parsons essentially our only wing stopper PPat will be the one to lose his starting job. This team is just not built for him to succeed right now.

#11 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

This is the reason why we should target for a PF next offseason and the reason why probably the best fit for us would be LaMarcus Aldridge, that's the scoring punch we need while having a wing stopper and a turkish wall inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users