Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jorgeaam : (29 September 2014 - 09:01 PM) It was a joke, it seemed like Injury Report in there
@  Cooper : (29 September 2014 - 04:03 PM) you're quick
@  jorgeaam : (28 September 2014 - 04:35 AM) Paul George out for the season
@  Buckko : (28 September 2014 - 02:07 AM) Tyreke Evans out 3-5 weeks.
@  Cooper : (27 September 2014 - 01:05 AM) rondo out 6-8 weeks
@  rocketrick : (25 September 2014 - 02:06 PM) I'm not a huge Bill Simmons fan as his "inside information" related to NBA player movement at times is a reach, but today I LOVE me some Bill Simmons! He is willing to say what most everyone feels about one Roger Goodell. Should be a lesson for the NBA prior to the start of the regular season.
@  Cooper : (25 September 2014 - 01:58 AM) Worth the gamble for the suns but was not the best option for the rockets.
@  rocketrick : (25 September 2014 - 12:28 AM) Wow, early reports this morning was 4 years around $50 million and by late this afternoon that had changed to 5 years at $70 million for Eric Bledsoe. Good for him! Much too expensive for the Rockets in my opinion.
@  thenit : (24 September 2014 - 11:51 PM) 5for 70 is what I have seen
@  rocketrick : (24 September 2014 - 01:24 PM) $50 million moreorless per reports.
@  rocketrick : (24 September 2014 - 01:24 PM) Like I posted on numerous occasions, chasing Bledsoe was a waste of time. Reports this morning indicate he is close to signing a 4-year deal for P million moreorless, to stay a Sun going forward.
@  thejohnnygold : (24 September 2014 - 12:37 AM) I believe it is that Harden is insanely good playing off the ball...we simply lack a better ball handler/creator. Hence, Rondo.
@  2016Champions : (23 September 2014 - 05:32 PM) I heard Morey loves Rondo though so there must be something I'm missing.
@  2016Champions : (23 September 2014 - 04:56 PM) Bledsoe played off the ball a lot next to Dragic, right? So wouldn't that make him the better fit in contrast to the ball dominant Rondo?
@  YaoMan : (22 September 2014 - 04:29 PM) Personally I'd rather have Rondo over Bledsoe by far but I'm not sure the chances of getting Rondo are that high but I am hoping
@  redfaithful : (21 September 2014 - 11:40 AM) So many overpaid players in Minnesota... Including a couple ex-Rockets
@  Cooper : (20 September 2014 - 12:48 AM) Bennet? Or they have a couple other young guys.
@  txtdo1411 : (19 September 2014 - 10:29 PM) Did anybody else see that Minny offered Bledsoe a max? I believe they are over the cap, so it would have to be a S&T. I wonder who the Wolves feel they can deal to get Bledsoe.
@  thejohnnygold : (17 September 2014 - 10:46 PM) Nice article about Trevor Ariza. LINK
@  feelingsuper... : (15 September 2014 - 09:01 PM) Okay, I may have been a little harsh down below in my earlier comments but at the very least I agree with Bird, Paul George's comments were thoughtless. Thanks for the link jorgeaam.

Photo

Memphis Grizzlies 93, Houston Rockets 85

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

New post: Memphis Grizzlies 93, Houston Rockets 85

#2 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I really liked McHale's tactic of going small against the big Grizzlies frontline. Got us back into the game where we looked out of it. However, I think at the end he left that lineup out there for slightly too long. Houston cut the lead to 87-85, so Lionel Hollins called a timeout. Out of the timeout, these were the lineups:

Memphis: Conley/Pondexter/Gay/Randolph/Gasol
Houston: Lin/Harden/Delfino/Parsons/Asik

Coming out of a timeout, Houston is going to be in trouble both on the boards and defending in the post. I would have liked to have seen them try to match Memphis and put Patterson in for Delfino. I know PPat was struggling to rebound last night but he still would have done better than Delfino down the stretch. It also would have been invaluable to have had someone in the post area who can actually catch the ball if necessary (Asik is not that person).

Still, I can't be too angry because it was his decision to go to that lineup in the first place that got the Rockets back into the game.

ST

#3 inpropagation

inpropagation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Oh, you want somebody in the post that can catch the ball and do something? Sorry man, but the Rockettes don't HAVE anybody like that.

BTW, who's this Terrence Jones guy?

#4 inpropagation

inpropagation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Oh, you want somebody in the post that can catch the ball and do something? Sorry man, but the Rockettes don't HAVE anybody like that.

BTW, who's this Terrence Jones guy?

#5 Bigtkirk

Bigtkirk

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Unless Parsons develops into a reasonably efficient 12-15 ppg scorer, is it really realistic to expect that he and Asik can be components of an effective lineup over extended minutes?

#6 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Unless Parsons develops into a reasonably efficient 12-15 ppg scorer, is it really realistic to expect that he and Asik can be components of an effective lineup over extended minutes?

Asik, Patterson, and Parsons simply cannot coexist.

#7 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Interesting - why do you say this? I feel like Patterson has been playing reasonably well on the offensive end - going forwards I'd estimate we can count on him for ~12 ppg on average. I mean, it's not a gaudy number, but it's by no means bad and what's more I think it's something he can do with consistency. Or is it that you feel he's not enough of a threat to draw the defence's attention?

ST

#8 Bigtkirk

Bigtkirk

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

I agree with Rahat. There is simply not enough efficient scoring punch in the Parsons-Asik-Patterson trio to play extended minutes together. It's doubtful at this stage of their development that either Parsons or Patterson will improve enough offensively to change that reality.

#9 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

I agree with Rahat. There is simply not enough efficient scoring punch in the Parsons-Asik-Patterson trio to play extended minutes together. It's doubtful at this stage of their development that either Parsons or Patterson will improve enough offensively to change that reality.

totally agree. it's nice to have good defensive players, but somebody gotta score. teams have begun to double our guard players because we don't have a scoring threat in the post or a consistant corner 3 pt shooter. something has to change or it's going to be a long season.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#10 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Truth, Parsons lack of a three point shot, which won't get much better this season. (He is jumping forward instead of up and down. They taught us this in grade school!!) Without that floor spacing Asik and Patterson just don't have the post games to stay competitive. Although you have to like the screening ability of both.

Since Asik is our best center and Parsons essentially our only wing stopper PPat will be the one to lose his starting job. This team is just not built for him to succeed right now.

#11 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

This is the reason why we should target for a PF next offseason and the reason why probably the best fit for us would be LaMarcus Aldridge, that's the scoring punch we need while having a wing stopper and a turkish wall inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users