Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jorgeaam : (17 December 2014 - 03:58 AM) Well, there goes another rookie
@  jorgeaam : (17 December 2014 - 03:58 AM) Jabari Parker is out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL
@  jorgeaam : (16 December 2014 - 12:03 AM) Yeah, I saw him as our starting PF some months ago, but he just wouldn't fit our style
@  Sir Thursday : (15 December 2014 - 11:13 PM) @jorgeaam: He can leave at the end of this year, I don't think it's worth it. Especially since I suspect he wouldn't be happy playing backup Centre.
@  jorgeaam : (15 December 2014 - 10:03 PM) "The Pistons are reportedly asking for a first-round pick in exchange for Greg Monroe." Pelicans pick anyone?
@  jorgeaam : (13 December 2014 - 09:53 PM) Dwight WILL be back tonight :D
@  08huangj : (13 December 2014 - 10:33 AM) Howard "aiming" to come back tommorow today against Denver.
@  thenit : (12 December 2014 - 04:50 PM) http://www.thescore....nba/news/655861 Here in Canada, Harden is getting his due and love
@  Mario Peña : (12 December 2014 - 04:12 PM) Good win by the Rockets last night with some impressive defensive stretches.
@  jorgeaam : (10 December 2014 - 11:47 PM) Harden playing tonight, Howard out today and tomorrow
@  YaoMan : (09 December 2014 - 06:28 PM) Hope so too. They barely have enough players to suit up in a game...these injuries are piling up
@  jorgeaam : (09 December 2014 - 06:07 PM) He had back tightness, but I hope he will be ok tomorrow
@  YaoMan : (09 December 2014 - 06:06 PM) Does anyone know if Harden was injured from the Phoenix game?
@  jorgeaam : (09 December 2014 - 06:29 AM) Well, Morey already tweeted about it
@  Dan G : (09 December 2014 - 05:34 AM) Now we just need that clip to go viral Adi.
@  Adi1008 : (09 December 2014 - 03:58 AM)
@  Mario Peña : (07 December 2014 - 04:46 AM) Beverley is still a game changer for the Rockets, good to see him back on the court.
@  08huangj : (07 December 2014 - 01:38 AM) Bev is playing as an substitute tonight
@  jorgeaam : (06 December 2014 - 11:32 PM) Bev is playing tonight
@  Dan G : (06 December 2014 - 10:09 PM) It's*

Photo

In Houston, it all starts and ends with Harden

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

New post: In Houston, it all starts and ends with Harden

#2 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for the article Rahat. I knew Morey would come through and now that we have Harden the storyline is infinitely more interesting. Harden definitely fits that good guy stereotype in stark contrast to a Carmelo Anthony type and that bodes well for the Houston market in the long run. The kind of star that Harden develops into as he approaches his prime, how the coaching staff develops the culture and how the rest of the players fall into their roles and which players arise as consistent contributers will be the sub plots that will keep us all intrigued for the next few years.

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#3 ObstructTheLore

ObstructTheLore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Yeah it definately feels different now. I still have a small pit in my stomach when I think how the Rockets could still have Dragic and Scola who were let go with no return then not only would the future be bright but the present would be bright as well.

But that can't be undone so I need to stop thinking about it, now I'm just hoping that Jones, White, Motie, and Machado get a shot soon and at least one of them proves to be NBA ready already and help out with this lack of depth problem. McHale is going "win now" by not playing them (supposedly, based on his rotation choices I really have no clue about what goes through his mind) but I think they might be the missing pieces to winning now.

I was all ready to accept that the Rockets weren't going to be good this year and not worry about them losing but the Harden trade has me wanting them to win immediatly again, though I don't see the playoffs for this team unless another move is made or a rookie steps up.

#4 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

Spot on.

#5 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

love this story rahat and could not agree more. I agree it takes a little luck to build a good team in the nba, but I also love your point about how you must stay ready. only those who are prepared can take advantage of luck. when morey let some of the players go last year I have to admit I was pissed. I thought if we could figure out a way to hold lowry, dragic and lee and get them to play together all we needed was some bigs and we were in business. I think morey is one of the best gm's in the nba, but my confidence in him slipped. for the life of me I could not figure out what he was trying to do. I have been an avid basketball fan for over forty years (and the rockets have always been my team) and know a few things about the game too. I understood the rockets wanted to stay ready for the big fish, but letting go of some of those pieces hurt. looking back now it's clear if we had not taken most of those steps harden would not have been possible. this reaffirmed my faith in morey. I believe morey can find role players in his sleep, but he was not after more role players. he was single minded in his goal of not building the denver nuggets, but something much greater. the rockets are still in position to catch another big fish. I said back during the summer a lot of teams were throwing money around and would come to regret it. there are still several teams which if they do not meet their expectations will be going into the fire sale mode and the rocket are still ready to pounce on the right deal. morey has guided us from some dark times to where I can see the light at the other end of the tunnel. harden is a player who can be I of the 2 best players on a champion contender. now all we have to do is find him some help

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#6 frogs07

frogs07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

Nice account of the energy at the Toyota Center. With the League Pass preview set to expire on election day, i'm seriously thinking about purchasing a subscription this year. Watching those first 3 games evoked a level of excitement I haven't felt in years, to be honest.

What's the situation with our 3 rookies? Surprising that not a single one has received any playing time thus far, particularly during a back to back series. It's important we incorporate a deep roster for the long season ahead to prevent fatigue and injuries. We should get this cooking now.

#7 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

Nice account of the energy at the Toyota Center. With the League Pass preview set to expire on election day, i'm seriously thinking about purchasing a subscription this year. Watching those first 3 games evoked a level of excitement I haven't felt in years, to be honest.

What's the situation with our 3 rookies? Surprising that not a single one has received any playing time thus far, particularly during a back to back series. It's important we incorporate a deep roster for the long season ahead to prevent fatigue and injuries. We should get this cooking now.

How did you watch the first games on League Pass? The first two were blacked out on League Pass(not sure about the Portland game, was there so I didn't really care!)

#8 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

I watched some of all 3 games on League Pass both live and archived since it is offered as a free trial till Tuesday.

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#9 frogs07

frogs07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

I live in Virginia. The free trial wasn't blacked out here.

blakecouey says 45 minutes ago

frogs07, on 05 November 2012 - 03:43 AM said:

How did you watch the first games on League Pass? The first two were blacked out on League Pass(not sure about the Portland game, was there so I didn't really care!)

#10 Gordan Limbaugh

Gordan Limbaugh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

It's funny how Houstonians couldn't witness Harden's two game explosion, similar to how New Yorkers couldn't witness Linsanity when it started, all because of broadcaster rights disagreements.

#11 Forrest Walker

Forrest Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Yeah, if you live in Houston, be careful of league pass. You're in blackout zone, so be ready to miss the vast majority of Houston games. Only people who have an IP address outside of Houston will be able to see games on league pass.

This piece is on the nose for most Rockets fans, I think. Suddenly, there's something to be excited about. Suddenly, other people are excited. Every time Harden or Lin hit the deck, some fraction of my mind screams in fear that it's all over. That it has to be over, because this is Rockets basketball, and Rockets basketball means a broken heart every year. But it's real, and I'm more on board for the ride than I thought possible. Great read, great year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users