Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jorgeaam : (29 September 2014 - 09:01 PM) It was a joke, it seemed like Injury Report in there
@  Cooper : (29 September 2014 - 04:03 PM) you're quick
@  jorgeaam : (28 September 2014 - 04:35 AM) Paul George out for the season
@  Buckko : (28 September 2014 - 02:07 AM) Tyreke Evans out 3-5 weeks.
@  Cooper : (27 September 2014 - 01:05 AM) rondo out 6-8 weeks
@  rocketrick : (25 September 2014 - 02:06 PM) I'm not a huge Bill Simmons fan as his "inside information" related to NBA player movement at times is a reach, but today I LOVE me some Bill Simmons! He is willing to say what most everyone feels about one Roger Goodell. Should be a lesson for the NBA prior to the start of the regular season.
@  Cooper : (25 September 2014 - 01:58 AM) Worth the gamble for the suns but was not the best option for the rockets.
@  rocketrick : (25 September 2014 - 12:28 AM) Wow, early reports this morning was 4 years around $50 million and by late this afternoon that had changed to 5 years at $70 million for Eric Bledsoe. Good for him! Much too expensive for the Rockets in my opinion.
@  thenit : (24 September 2014 - 11:51 PM) 5for 70 is what I have seen
@  rocketrick : (24 September 2014 - 01:24 PM) $50 million moreorless per reports.
@  rocketrick : (24 September 2014 - 01:24 PM) Like I posted on numerous occasions, chasing Bledsoe was a waste of time. Reports this morning indicate he is close to signing a 4-year deal for P million moreorless, to stay a Sun going forward.
@  thejohnnygold : (24 September 2014 - 12:37 AM) I believe it is that Harden is insanely good playing off the ball...we simply lack a better ball handler/creator. Hence, Rondo.
@  2016Champions : (23 September 2014 - 05:32 PM) I heard Morey loves Rondo though so there must be something I'm missing.
@  2016Champions : (23 September 2014 - 04:56 PM) Bledsoe played off the ball a lot next to Dragic, right? So wouldn't that make him the better fit in contrast to the ball dominant Rondo?
@  YaoMan : (22 September 2014 - 04:29 PM) Personally I'd rather have Rondo over Bledsoe by far but I'm not sure the chances of getting Rondo are that high but I am hoping
@  redfaithful : (21 September 2014 - 11:40 AM) So many overpaid players in Minnesota... Including a couple ex-Rockets
@  Cooper : (20 September 2014 - 12:48 AM) Bennet? Or they have a couple other young guys.
@  txtdo1411 : (19 September 2014 - 10:29 PM) Did anybody else see that Minny offered Bledsoe a max? I believe they are over the cap, so it would have to be a S&T. I wonder who the Wolves feel they can deal to get Bledsoe.
@  thejohnnygold : (17 September 2014 - 10:46 PM) Nice article about Trevor Ariza. LINK
@  feelingsuper... : (15 September 2014 - 09:01 PM) Okay, I may have been a little harsh down below in my earlier comments but at the very least I agree with Bird, Paul George's comments were thoughtless. Thanks for the link jorgeaam.

Photo

[video] Jeremy Lin postgame after loss to Portland Trail Blazers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

New post: [video] Jeremy Lin postgame after loss to Portland Trail Blazers

#2 tigger

tigger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

i'm new to this site but from the looks of it and its' comments, it's definitely Pro-Harden homer, all day everyday.

Great question to Lin. Harden wasn't playing well, especially in the 4th quarter ...i'm sure Lin was aware of that but he was being kind and giving a PC response.

#3 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

i'm new to this site but from the looks of it and its' comments, it's definitely Pro-Harden homer, all day everyday.

welcome aboard. i personally dont see a reason why any rockets fan shouldnt be pro-harden. that day may come, but i doubt it will and i hope it doesnt. of course everyone has a right to their opinion.

#4 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

welcome aboard. i personally dont see a reason why any rockets fan shouldnt be pro-harden. that day may come, but i doubt it will and i hope it doesnt. of course everyone has a right to their opinion.

I do look at his drives sometimes and think "How is that not a travel?". But then I think that about quite a lot of other players in the NBA too. Could understand someone not liking his game because of that. Otherwise I agree, at the moment Harden hasn't done anything other than be amazing and win us games.

ST

#5 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

harden is a star. something we have not had for a few years(last 2 of yao ming years included). this city was chomping at the bit to have another star player. as long as harden plays well he will be the toast of the town when it comes to basketball (because I do love me some texans too).

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#6 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

i just dont understand how anyone could look at him and not feel hope and excitement. and ST, yeah I agree on the traveling in general. that part of the NBA kind of upsets me, but what can I do? just roll with it I guess.

#7 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

I do look at his drives sometimes and think "How is that not a travel?". But then I think that about quite a lot of other players in the NBA too. Could understand someone not liking his game because of that. Otherwise I agree, at the moment Harden hasn't done anything other than be amazing and win us games.

ST

He does a Euro-step on most of his drives, so it looks like that. What he's basically doing is taking one hard in step in one direction and then shifting his body and both legs back to the other direction.

#8 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

That might not be travelling, but it sure borderlines it, even if it's legit

#9 LMAOwais

LMAOwais

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHoustonish

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

its hard to be neutral about a guy we're pinning the future of the franchise on. And based on his overall performance so far its hard to be negative about him in general...so that should explain it.

#10 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

He does a Euro-step on most of his drives, so it looks like that. What he's basically doing is taking one hard in step in one direction and then shifting his body and both legs back to the other direction.

It's more the borderline on when he collects his dribble that bothers me, I think. It often looks as though he takes an extra step because the point at which he gathers to ball is at or around the point where he lands. In the end it's academic because the NBA has different rules for travelling than the rest of the world uses anyway.

ST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users