Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (26 May 2016 - 11:28 PM) i wonder if Harden missing all NBA will motivate him to play some defense... (he deserved at least 3rd team based on offense alone).
@  slick shoes : (26 May 2016 - 09:50 PM) anyone coming with me to the Spurs board?
@  majik19 : (26 May 2016 - 09:25 PM) Calvin Watkins just reported D'Antoni as coach... ugh.
@  slick shoes : (23 May 2016 - 12:24 PM) The worst part about Green is that he tries to play that nice guy role à la Reggie Miller.
@  Mario Peña : (23 May 2016 - 02:00 AM) Im quite pleased the Thunder are decimating the Warriors.
@  Mario Peña : (23 May 2016 - 12:54 AM) I cannot stand Draymond Green. I don't like him in any way. That dude is cheap and he's one of the main reasons I really don't like the Warriors.
@  majik19 : (21 May 2016 - 05:28 PM) no need to rush it now - only one other opening to compete with, and no first round draft pick to get input on.
@  Mario Peña : (21 May 2016 - 02:19 PM) SteinyMo reporting James Borrego from Pop's bench is now getting a look. Wow just wow.
@  majik19 : (20 May 2016 - 09:32 PM) I saw that report. Silas seems like a swing for the fences move, but isn't he exactly like JBB? Harden didn't respond to JBB, why would he respond to another longtime coach's son?
@  Mario Peña : (20 May 2016 - 07:29 PM) So Watkins is reporting its between D'Antoni and Silas.
@  Mario Peña : (20 May 2016 - 06:30 PM) In retrospect some of what has happened over the last few years going back to Lin, McHale and maybe a few other things seem to have Alexander's fingerprints on them and even if true to an extant that's troubling to me. Just when I thought things couldn't be worse, oh well.
@  thejohnnygold : (20 May 2016 - 04:58 PM) If so, this site will become more of a support group than a fan board.
@  slick shoes : (20 May 2016 - 03:14 PM) Is Les becoming the next Jerry Jones? Yikes...
@  majik19 : (20 May 2016 - 02:59 PM) oh i was half-joking haha.
@  slick shoes : (20 May 2016 - 12:21 PM) @majik19 Why screw the team long term with a decision that only affects them THIS season? I don't get it. If I was Morey and my boss kept over ruling my decisions, I'd give some serious consideration to stepping down.
@  majik19 : (20 May 2016 - 05:12 AM) @slickshoes - maybe thats why theyre considering D'Antoni - just want to make sure Dwight opts out.
@  thejohnnygold : (19 May 2016 - 04:38 PM) I think I have a bias against Rambis from his playing days. The thought of him being our coach just feels wrong...
@  slick shoes : (19 May 2016 - 03:11 AM) Does this mean Rambis is available?!
@  Mario Peña : (19 May 2016 - 03:05 AM) Hornacek goes to the Knicks.
@  slick shoes : (18 May 2016 - 11:05 PM) Who was the coach of the Los Angeles Lakers in 2014 when Dwight left to come to Houston? None other than Mike D'Antoni.

Photo

[video] Jeremy Lin postgame after loss to Portland Trail Blazers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

New post: [video] Jeremy Lin postgame after loss to Portland Trail Blazers

#2 tigger

tigger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

i'm new to this site but from the looks of it and its' comments, it's definitely Pro-Harden homer, all day everyday.

Great question to Lin. Harden wasn't playing well, especially in the 4th quarter ...i'm sure Lin was aware of that but he was being kind and giving a PC response.

#3 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

i'm new to this site but from the looks of it and its' comments, it's definitely Pro-Harden homer, all day everyday.

welcome aboard. i personally dont see a reason why any rockets fan shouldnt be pro-harden. that day may come, but i doubt it will and i hope it doesnt. of course everyone has a right to their opinion.

#4 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

welcome aboard. i personally dont see a reason why any rockets fan shouldnt be pro-harden. that day may come, but i doubt it will and i hope it doesnt. of course everyone has a right to their opinion.

I do look at his drives sometimes and think "How is that not a travel?". But then I think that about quite a lot of other players in the NBA too. Could understand someone not liking his game because of that. Otherwise I agree, at the moment Harden hasn't done anything other than be amazing and win us games.

ST

#5 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

harden is a star. something we have not had for a few years(last 2 of yao ming years included). this city was chomping at the bit to have another star player. as long as harden plays well he will be the toast of the town when it comes to basketball (because I do love me some texans too).

My new years resolution.....drink that special bottle of wine, take your son on that fishing trip, live each day as if it were my last because everyday of LIFE is special B)

#6 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

i just dont understand how anyone could look at him and not feel hope and excitement. and ST, yeah I agree on the traveling in general. that part of the NBA kind of upsets me, but what can I do? just roll with it I guess.

#7 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

I do look at his drives sometimes and think "How is that not a travel?". But then I think that about quite a lot of other players in the NBA too. Could understand someone not liking his game because of that. Otherwise I agree, at the moment Harden hasn't done anything other than be amazing and win us games.

ST

He does a Euro-step on most of his drives, so it looks like that. What he's basically doing is taking one hard in step in one direction and then shifting his body and both legs back to the other direction.

#8 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

That might not be travelling, but it sure borderlines it, even if it's legit

#9 LMAOwais

LMAOwais

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHoustonish

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

its hard to be neutral about a guy we're pinning the future of the franchise on. And based on his overall performance so far its hard to be negative about him in general...so that should explain it.

#10 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

He does a Euro-step on most of his drives, so it looks like that. What he's basically doing is taking one hard in step in one direction and then shifting his body and both legs back to the other direction.

It's more the borderline on when he collects his dribble that bothers me, I think. It often looks as though he takes an extra step because the point at which he gathers to ball is at or around the point where he lands. In the end it's academic because the NBA has different rules for travelling than the rest of the world uses anyway.

ST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users