Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  bboley24 : (25 July 2014 - 02:32 AM) D League or not... he's here and he's working out with the best... it's good for all around... Sergio.
@  Buckko : (25 July 2014 - 12:16 AM) Well shots fired between harden and parsons.
@  majik19 : (24 July 2014 - 09:09 PM) He'll spend likely the whole season with the D-league team. He's 4th on the depth chart, at best.
@  txtdo1411 : (24 July 2014 - 03:51 PM) I like it as well YaoMan. You can't ever have enough long and athletic big men. It will be nice to see how he develops.
@  YaoMan : (24 July 2014 - 03:40 PM) Rockets sign Clint Capela and has been added to their regular season roster - I like this. He's got a high ceiling...
@  slick shoes : (22 July 2014 - 03:11 AM) live by the three, die by the three.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:54 AM) 21% on three pointers by Canaan and company, damn.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:51 AM) Rockets Summer Leaguers shot 32%, rough ending.
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:01 PM) I refer to the writers, as yall due to the multiple of them. We are the loyal readers. I should've word it better.
@  rockets best... : (20 July 2014 - 06:12 PM) we and y'all are the same people :lol:
@  bboley24 : (20 July 2014 - 12:32 PM) who is we and who is yall?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 08:21 AM) Can we get a post about defensive improvement or yall waiting until the defensive assistant gets chosen?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:37 AM) With internal improvement, the defensive minded FA acquisitions, and hopefully a good Defensive minded assistant. The rockets will be closer to a top 5 D than top 10.
@  miketheodio : (20 July 2014 - 05:55 AM) i wonder how much better the starting 5 will be with a wing who actually plays defense
@  rockets best... : (18 July 2014 - 09:26 PM) Kendall Marshall is Ish Smith of a few years ago
@  Cooper : (18 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Lakers waived Kendall Marshall, hes decent.
@  YaoMan : (18 July 2014 - 07:10 PM) @ slick shoes - And I'm bringing muzzles for them ladies in case they feel the need to start!
@  slick shoes : (18 July 2014 - 07:06 PM) @YaoMan I got a bit nervous at the Bosh strike out but one: FA isn't over and two: it's a long way until the trade deadline. As the saying goes, "It's not over until the fat lady sings."
@  YaoMan : (18 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) @ slick shoes, great points. Just nervous energy while all productive FAs are starting to get snatched up!
@  Cooper : (18 July 2014 - 05:24 PM) yeah i doubt they bringing these guys in with the expectation of them being great, we just need guys to soak up some min maybe a few pan out, maybe they don't.

Photo

Recap: Houston Rockets 109, Atlanta Hawks 102

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

New post: Recap: Houston Rockets 109, Atlanta Hawks 102

#2 amacbrooks12

amacbrooks12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBronx, New York

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

Aside from Harden's historical game , Lin's great performance , and Marcus Morris' bounce back game , I learned something about Josh Smith as Rahat pointed out . While watching this game , Smith really didnt punish Delfino when he was suppose to and didnt take advantage on many physical advantages . He instead chose to take bad shots from the perimeter and attempted a three pointer . I no longer think we should pursue Josh Smith and he does not deserve a max contract IMO . He is a good player but he stops the ball movement on a team and takes a load of questionable shots which is something we cant afford to happen on this team .

Anyways , another great win for us . We are 2-0 and im very excited about this special group of players . Toyota Center better be LOUD tomorrow ! Gona be fun to see Lamarcus Aldridge & Damian Lillard .

#3 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

Agreed on smith he just takes way Too many bad shots he should be much better than he is. Lillard has been killin it so far Portland will be our toughest test yet.

#4 Forrest Walker

Forrest Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

A good read. I was very impressed by Asik in this game, as you noted. Despite the fact that he did just as well shooting as I would, I think we all agree he had a great game. A few times, Horford seemed to consider posting up, then changed his mind. Asik's defense is a thing of beauty, and I think he may end up with a cult following.

#5 Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Terrific win, if only because we won on the road and really played poorly in many respects. We shot 22 percent on three pointers, we had 22 turnovers, our center was 0-7, and we gave up a ton of easy baskets in the second half, yet we still managed to win. Harden was just amazing--is he a possible MVP candidate?--but Lin also impressed me. He still had trouble finishing, but he's a gamer--I love his hustle game. The team just hustles and plays hard; we dominated on the boards against a team that is very good on the inside. Great win!

#6 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

Aside from Harden's historical game , Lin's great performance , and Marcus Morris' bounce back game , I learned something about Josh Smith as Rahat pointed out...

Just wanted to point out that this article was written by Paul McGuire, one of our new contributors.

#7 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

Morris looked like an NBA player today. Esp liked he actually made offensive moves,one into pull-up J,other into lane. Good to see.(Still way too early to call,but if Morris turns into a productive NBA player are we still going to rip McHale for developing young players? Parsons-who he started as a rookie-Morris and Smith,who looked good.)

Josh Smith. How much potential does he have? This is his NINTH season-he is who he is. His past two coaches for past half-dozen seasons have been begging him to give up the jumpers and get his butt down low and he has been steady in his refusal to do so.

Harden has me eating a heaping of crow. For all those who said he was worth a max deal and I said no effin' way...I was wrong.

#8 Bigtkirk

Bigtkirk

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

The Rockets play fast and Asik is a load in the middle, so they will not be a team that opposing teams enjoy playing this season. But McHale better quite playing Harden and Lin 40+ minutes each game in this style of play or they will wear down relatively quickly. Hopefully, McHale loosens up the rotation at home. Given his play during the pre-season and in camp, I find it baffling that Jones has not seen any playing time in the first two games.

#9 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

It was rebounding vs. turnovers in this one - loved our effort on the glass (although a lot of our success can be attributed to a poor showing from Atlanta in that department - they only seemed competent at rebounding when Pachulia was in the game), hated our lack of focus with the passes. There was a particularly abysmal stretch in the 3rd where we just seemed to continuously throw the ball away. I think that's something that will improve once the team get a bit more familiar with each other.

Great game from Morris tonight - hopefully he can keep putting in performances like this and turn around what has been an unpromising start to his career. He was actually able to create a few baskets for himself, which is what I've been looking for from him, and the mistakes he made in the first game were gone, leaving him to be a competent garbage man. I think he can thrive in that role, though it would be better for him if we had a competent backup point guard. He's not going to get many easy looks with Douglas running the point.

ST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users