Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  RudyT1995 : (12 July 2014 - 06:42 AM) You should try actually watching him play instead of looking up numbers. Numbers can deceive without the right context.
@  RudyT1995 : (12 July 2014 - 06:40 AM) Elite PG's need to be able to shoot or be able to blow by everybody. Rondo can't shoot, and he's not as quick as he was pre-injury.
@  RudyT1995 : (12 July 2014 - 06:34 AM) Rondo pads his assist totals by passing up easy shots. Ask any Celtic fan. He drives them crazy.
@  QNoir : (12 July 2014 - 04:44 AM) I just took a peek at his assist average for last season ... the games he actually played. Only Chris Paul was above him. How is that even possible when he plays with scrubs?
@  QNoir : (12 July 2014 - 04:41 AM) Rondo is champion caliber. That's really the end of the convo.
@  08huangj : (12 July 2014 - 04:38 AM) QNoir: His defense is totally underrated and he is tons better than Rondo. A Harden trade is just...crazy.
@  QNoir : (12 July 2014 - 04:36 AM) You dudes falling in love with no defense and first round exits is hilarious.
@  QNoir : (12 July 2014 - 04:34 AM) And I return to the LOF junk. I thought you were smarter than than, rocket. I'm just a dude from Detroit that adopted a team because the one I followed sucked. That gives me a unique objective look at the Rockets. I don't like Harden ... the way that people who aren't in love with the idea of him as a franchise player don't love Harden. His game is just ... bad.
@  rocketrick : (12 July 2014 - 01:38 AM) Keep in mind Qnoir is also a LOF.........I haven't met a LOF yet that likes Harden.
@  rocketrick : (12 July 2014 - 01:28 AM) Qnoir did say Rondo and something else from the Celtics for Harden. Obviously, the Celtics don't have "something else" of value except a bunch of draft picks. The Rockets are going for it now, not 3-4 years from now.
@  feelingsuper... : (12 July 2014 - 01:19 AM) Anything with Harden going out and Rondo as the best piece coming in is horrible.
@  feelingsuper... : (12 July 2014 - 01:19 AM) That would be a horrible trade for the Rockets. Come on, visitors come to our Forum so let's not look like we are crazy.
@  QNoir : (12 July 2014 - 01:14 AM) Didn't leave yet. Never said straight up.
@  rocketrick : (12 July 2014 - 01:13 AM) The conversation was primarily about Qnoir thinking a straight up trade Harden for Rondo for his strange reasons would be a super trade for the Rockets. You missed out on all the banter.
@  feelingsuper... : (12 July 2014 - 01:12 AM) The problem with Rondo is in the front office. Ainge won't take what Morey has offered and Morey won't up it to what Ainge wants. The teams will never get past that and Rondo will probably not ever be a Rocket. Move on.
@  QNoir : (12 July 2014 - 01:10 AM) Anyway, good chatting with you dudes. Gotta run.
@  QNoir : (12 July 2014 - 01:09 AM) Harden is a pretty shot and a cherry-picked fast break.
@  QNoir : (12 July 2014 - 01:08 AM) That's why I like Rondo. Why do you think he clashes with coaches? He's not a knucklehead. He's legitimately the smartest guy on the court, suit or jersey.
@  QNoir : (12 July 2014 - 01:07 AM) But they need somebody to run the team.
@  QNoir : (12 July 2014 - 01:06 AM) I don't exactly disagree. I just don't see it working for the Rockets right now. If they could keep him, that would be great.

Photo

Game Preview: Houston Rockets @ Atlanta Hawks

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

New post: Game Preview: Houston Rockets @ Atlanta Hawks

#2 RocketMan

RocketMan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Certainly more of a challenging matchup at most positions. The matchup at PF/C is much more relevant with this one. Regarding shooters, Prince and Stuckey shot poorly against Houston, which we can't necessarily expect from Teague and Korver. Looking forward to watching. Don't forget about the NBA League Pass free trial going until the 6th!!! You can watch the Houston network or the Atlanta network for some interesting enemy propaganda.

#3 bob schmidt

bob schmidt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationBrownsville, Texas

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Thanks for another well-written article Forrest! I appreciate the time and care that you are taking to produce quality material for fans to enjoy. Let's hope that tonight's game provides another good success story for your next gem...

#4 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

It's funny how much I bitched about Delfino before the trade.....but now that we're trying to win, I'm so glad we have him. Hoping for some more veteran pickups for backup roles as well. Could really use a good backup point guard.

#5 RocketMan

RocketMan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

It's funny how much I bitched about Delfino before the trade.....but now that we're trying to win, I'm so glad we have him. Hoping for some more veteran pickups for backup roles as well. Could really use a good backup point guard.

Rahat,
I agree on the PG issue. I would like to see Machado play against some NBA talent and see how he compares to his relatively reliable play in the preseason/summer league. Were we ever not trying to win? Even without Harden, we would have been able to be a top non-playoff team. I know the Rockets management has not been one to throw in the towel on a season, even if the playoffs were a longshot. Long live mediocrity!

#6 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

I hear Shaun Livingston is available...

ST

#7 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Rahat,
I agree on the PG issue. I would like to see Machado play against some NBA talent and see how he compares to his relatively reliable play in the preseason/summer league. Were we ever not trying to win? Even without Harden, we would have been able to be a top non-playoff team. I know the Rockets management has not been one to throw in the towel on a season, even if the playoffs were a longshot. Long live mediocrity!

I did think the delfino singeing was stupid As well but now it makes much more sense. Without harden we wouldn't score enough to be any good.

#8 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

That´s why I'm starting to believe that Morey had that deal planned all along....maybe I'm giving too much credit to him, but it's a possibility, maybe it's the excitement of having Harden in our roster, I don't know. But has definitely improved Morey's offseason grade by far.

#9 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

That´s why I'm starting to believe that Morey had that deal planned all along....maybe I'm giving too much credit to him, but it's a possibility, maybe it's the excitement of having Harden in our roster, I don't know. But has definitely improved Morey's offseason grade by far.

thats what i mentioned a few days ago in the harden thread. seems like he knew he was gonna ship out martin and lamb or at least that there was a good possibility of it.

any word on the starters tonight / if patterson is avail?

#10 Forrest Walker

Forrest Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Reports are the Pat is gonna start. Smith iffy. No word on Jones, so he's probably ok.

#11 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

thats what i mentioned a few days ago in the harden thread. seems like he knew he was gonna ship out martin and lamb or at least that there was a good possibility of it.

any word on the starters tonight / if patterson is avail?

You are right, in that case, I'm starting to agree with you 100%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users