Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thenit : (17 March 2016 - 09:25 PM) I don't know, Feigen tweeted that they had another meeting, and that Dmo said that we had 6 or 6 of those according to feigen. Basically said its no time to talk because nothing changes and walk the walk
@  slick shoes : (17 March 2016 - 09:19 PM) Who is calling these meetings? Does anyone even show up at this point?
@  thenit : (17 March 2016 - 08:48 PM) Its laughable, they had another players only meeting. I think its like the 10th one. Still no change. Its so stupid, like Dmo said whats the point of talking if we don't play hard.
@  slick shoes : (17 March 2016 - 02:54 AM) are you surprised? this is the same team that we've seen all season. so much talk from the locker room about improvement and change. the grizz win was a fluke.
@  Cooper : (17 March 2016 - 02:52 AM) on pace to give up 144 at half, pathetic effort.
@  RocketMan : (15 March 2016 - 11:34 PM) Per the references, yes.
@  slick shoes : (15 March 2016 - 12:51 PM) Is Terrence Jones even on the team any more?
@  majik19 : (12 March 2016 - 06:15 AM) didn't watch the whole game, but we actually looked solid on both ends. the defense was rotating appropriately. i can hardly believe it.
@  DenverRocket : (11 March 2016 - 08:51 PM) Great interview with DM: http://espn.go.com/e...lay?id=14951528
@  majik19 : (10 March 2016 - 02:20 AM) pathetic how close this game is...
@  thejohnnygold : (06 March 2016 - 12:48 AM) Those are some sweet socks. Have fun!
@  bboley24 : (05 March 2016 - 06:38 PM) Im going to the game tonight in Chicago. Ill be in the bright rockets sweater. Wearing my socks as usual. Then off to the Cleveland game in a few weeks as well! My wife is an amazing woman.
@  thejohnnygold : (05 March 2016 - 05:52 PM) Dekker and Harell looking pretty good down in RGV...especially Harell. LINK
@  majik19 : (03 March 2016 - 04:53 PM) the Rockets are so desperate they signed Michael Beasley to a 1+ year contract...
@  thejohnnygold : (03 March 2016 - 01:59 AM) Gotta admit, I like what I'm seeing so far...4 minutes left in 1st half and the entire team looks good...now if we can just get some of these 3's to fall...
@  slick shoes : (02 March 2016 - 09:10 PM) I wonder what happens to his share of the team now?
@  slick shoes : (02 March 2016 - 09:09 PM) "The Oklahoma City Police Department said he was traveling at a high speed and "pretty much drove straight into the wall.""
@  thejohnnygold : (02 March 2016 - 08:57 PM) Sounds more like suicide...
@  slick shoes : (02 March 2016 - 08:14 PM) So the minority owner of the Thunder died in a one car accident one day after being indicted for antitrust.... Coincidence?
@  slick shoes : (01 March 2016 - 10:56 PM) That's the one, JG. Smooth as eggs.

Photo

Thoughts on today's trade with Minnesota

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelPina

MichaelPina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

http://www.red94.net...minnesota/9737/

So, what does everybody think?

#2 UncleCaveman

UncleCaveman

• Members
    • Pip
    • 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

Surprised we didn't have to give up Martin. Seems like he is much more valuable in terms of a scoring presence at the SG and as a big expiring contract and I figured for sure Adelman would want to add him to the roster.

KMart's expiring $13 mil. contract makes matching salaries with a team much easier and if we keep him, who knows, maybe he'll get back in the groove and score 20 pts/game.

Also, the 18th pick seems like a great spot to grab a falling player like Sullinger or Royce White.

#3 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
      • Guests

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

why would you give up the 13th pick for Martin.
      Martin is worth at least a top 10 pick + a young player

#4 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,260 posts
      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

With hindsight, it's obvious that Budinger would be easier to move than Martin. Budinger's salary makes him a Bargain with a capital B. I don't think there's a team on the league who wouldn't happily have Budinger on their roster, simply because he barely costs them anything. On the other hand, Martin's big salary is considerably harder to shift simply because there are far fewer teams who are willing to take on that kind of salary, especially with the more punitive luxury tax coming in.

In terms of their on-court contributions, Martin is still more valuable than Budinger. But probably not enough to justify the extra dollars. The expiring contract will come into play at the trade deadline, but right now teams are still preserving their flexibility to try and nab free agents. If Martin does get moved, I wouldn't expect it to happen before FA has shaken out.

#5 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,211 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

trust me minny wanted martin, but probably unable to convince the rockets to take one of their bad contracts. I agree with Sir Thursday in that martin will probably be moved at the trade deadline if not involved in a blockbuster. trading bud is a good trade. he is a nice young player, but he was not going to get pt here. the fact that the rockets were able to get #18 in a draft this deep is what shocks me. morey seems to be good at catching teams when they are desperate.

My new years resolution.....drink that special bottle of wine, take your son on that fishing trip, live each day as if it were my last because everyday of LIFE is special B)

#6 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
      • 1,608 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

Simply put: I love it. Keep on moving Morey.

#7 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 4,211 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

blakecouey:
        this is what I meant when we were dicussing the gasol rumors. if you appear desperate you get hoodwinked in the deal. the rockets like to deal from a position of strength. they caught minny looking desperate. i'm like you I almost can't wait to see what's next. I find myself checking updates at least once and hour.

My new years resolution.....drink that special bottle of wine, take your son on that fishing trip, live each day as if it were my last because everyday of LIFE is special B)

#8 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
        • 1,608 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

blakecouey:
          this is what I meant when we were dicussing the gasol rumors. if you appear desperate you get hoodwinked in the deal. the rockets like to deal from a position of strength. they caught minny looking desperate. i'm like you I almost can't wait to see what's next. I find myself checking updates at least once and hour.

As far as Gasol goes, I advocated it because I believed it was possibly the best(at least the most assured) thing we could do. I can understand your comment of desperation for Gasol, but I do not consider Gasol being a desperate move(even still) I see it as a good move-although highly unlikely if we continue the route we are headed.

I don't know why my company is paying me the last few days, I've been glued to Twitter and all the sites. Wishing my phone had better battery life so I could stay in touch with the Red94 discussions...I've seen some comments that need to be rebutted.

#9 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,211 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:43 AM

As far as Gasol goes, I advocated it because I believed it was possibly the best(at least the most assured) thing we could do. I can understand your comment of desperation for Gasol, but I do not consider Gasol being a desperate move(even still) I see it as a good move-although highly unlikely if we continue the route we are headed.

I don't know why my company is paying me the last few days, I've been glued to Twitter and all the sites. Wishing my phone had better battery life so I could stay in touch with the Red94 discussions...I've seen some comments that need to be rebutted.

lol I agree some of the comments are way out there. I also agree gasol in not a bad move just don't overpay for him is my only point. if you do that then gasol is a terrible option. what I am enjoying today is watching all these people who told me martin was worth pennies realizing he may be a lot more valuable.

#10 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
          • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

@ rockets best fan
          U and blake were such people who thought Martin was worth pennies.

#11 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
          • 1,608 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

@ rockets best fan
            U and blake were such people who thought Martin was worth pennies.

Untrue. I do not believe he is worth a top ten and a prospect young guy though-lol. Til i read that comment I was about to ask what new meds you were on, cuz you had made some sensible comments for once. Must be time for your next dose. Anyways, I believe Martin was worth the 18 for sure, but I do not see him going for a pick anymore, now its either packaged for dwight(or whatever big pickup) or for a role player. I don't see us keeping him if we get dwight(although itd be interesting) as it severely limits other signing options.

#12 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
            • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

Kevin Martin is worth the 18th pick? A proven NBA player who can average 20ppg is worth the 18th pick.
            First, you fail to realize that even though Budinger was a second draft pick, he wasn't being traded on his draft stock- he was being traded as a solid rotation player.
            After top 5 in any given draft, anything else is a huge gamble. And you think Martin is worth #18.

And Blake, i think u meant to say true, not untrue. U think Martin is worth pennies

#13 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
            • 1,608 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

Kevin Martin is worth the 18th pick. A proven NBA player who can average 20ppg is worth the 18th pick.
              First, you fail to realize that even though Budinger was a second draft pick, he wasn't being traded on his draft stock- he was being traded as a solid rotation player.
              After top 5 in any given draft, anything else is a huge gamble. And you think Martin is worth #18.

See now you're putting words(or realizations) in my mouth. I never said a word about bud other than i liked the trade. Thanks but i can read stats, and yet I still disagree Martin is worth a top ten and a young guy. On a better contract and about 2-3 years younger maybe but you overvalue an expiring contract by saying he's a quality player- in which he is one dimensional, and declining in that one dimension. I'll be waiting for your next delusional comment.

And stew, please start supporting your laughish comments with proof. You know, actual quotes- not your opinion on how your simple mind implies my posts, as youre normally off base.

#14 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
              • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

No, you said you had hoped the player that was traded for the 18 was Martin.
              And I had to bring Bud in just to show why he was worth an 18th pick. And Budinger is no where in comparison to Martin.
              I guess the proposed Gasol trade where Morey almost got hoodwinked into trading the majority of his players made you undervalue Martin.

But im guessing this is where i take the high road and say something cute and respectful. yeah, you are entitled to your opinion Blake, no matter how dumb and drunk it may sound sometimes.

#15 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
              • 1,608 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:47 AM

Where did i say I hoped it was Martin? Ive said martin was what is valued at 18, as had several others here. As to bud being lower value than Martin. No shit lol- nobody has questioned this. I haven't said martin isn't worth the 17, 15, etc. I would've been happy with martin for the 18 as I believed that is where he should go at this point in time. The reason we haven't mentioned the 15 and 17 or others is because the teams holding those picks haven't shown interest in Martin- minnesota/adelman had.

Continued disrespect, wouldn't expect less Stewie. Have a great night buddy.

#16 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
                • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

I would've been happy with martin for the 18 as I believed that is where he should go at this point in time.

#17 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                • 1,608 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

The quote button, the first step to you building an intelligent argument. I think your biggest problem is your inability to admit youre wrong, whereas I realize I can be wrong and move past it. Face it bud, there is a reason you are disliked and argued with more than anyone else here, best of luck in the future.

Back on topic- any news on sacremento trade? Nets are looking for a top five, might get a glimpse at what they value the 5 at.. that'd likely be crippling for a DH trade for us.

#18 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 338 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:36 AM

Trading Bud instead of Martin for the 18 is HUGE.
                    If the Rockets can parlay just 2 of their picks and Lowry into 2 higher picks that allows the Rockets to package Martin(or Scola) w/the third pick for a second tier type star-Smith,Iggy,Granger.
                    If Morey can trade Lowry for just a First,that's a very valuable TPE(traded player exception). Morey can then offer Orlando Dalembert(and his cheap buyout),SCola(or Martin) the two 2012 Firsts,the Dallas First and take on J-Rich for the trade exception.

#19 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 4,211 posts
                    • Locationhouston

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:37 AM

RedStewie:
                    NEVER have you heard me say kevin martin was worth pennies. as a matter of fact I have been one of the people to argue that he has value when no one else did. me and rahat has a discussion about a month ago where we debated his value. now if you can show me even one sentence where I said martin was worth nothing show it to me. search as you may, but you won't find one. so b4 you attempt to put words in my mouth make sure they are the correct words please.

#20 Guest_RedStewie_*

Guest_RedStewie_*
                    • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:54 AM

Blake, i didn't know this was a popularity contest to be liked.
                    RBF, im not putting anything in your mouth, unlike Blake who seems to think Martin is worth an 18th pick, you havent given him a value yet, i think i added you cos you proposed trading him for players i wouldnt consider adequate value.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users