Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (12 July 2019 - 03:06 AM) WHOA.
@  slick shoes : (08 July 2019 - 09:16 PM) I would have to assume that to bring in Russ we'd have to ship out CP. I don't see it working any other way.
@  thejohnnygold : (08 July 2019 - 08:45 PM) The money makes it virtually impossible...I wouldn't worry. I have to admit I find the idea of having Paul, Harden, and Westbrook on the floor together intriguing.
@  slick shoes : (08 July 2019 - 02:51 PM) im going to go ahead and pass on any westbrook to houston deals. iso hell.
@  slick shoes : (30 June 2019 - 11:43 PM) trevor ariza has absolutely zero interest in returning to houston lol
@  slick shoes : (28 June 2019 - 08:16 PM) Id rather lose EG or Clint than PJ and ONLY if were getting Jimmy. Sounds like we have a trade partner for Clint if Jimmy isnt using us for leverage for his 5 year max offer.
@  thejohnnygold : (26 June 2019 - 11:33 PM) Do y'all think if we all tweet at Morey to NOT trade PJ he'd listen?
@  slick shoes : (21 June 2019 - 01:20 AM) ....and the new uniforms are trash.
@  thejohnnygold : (15 June 2019 - 02:05 PM) Agreed. Although, the injury narrative will probably keep them chirping.
@  slick shoes : (14 June 2019 - 02:40 PM) SO glad all of the Warriors fanboys can crawl back into their respective holes for an entire year. Good for Toronto/Canada as well.
@  thejohnnygold : (05 June 2019 - 07:33 PM) I think so.
@  slick shoes : (04 June 2019 - 07:20 PM) Dame and CJ #2 I assume?
@  thejohnnygold : (30 May 2019 - 05:42 PM) 3rd best backcourt in the NBA!!!
@  slick shoes : (29 May 2019 - 09:04 PM) im sure hed be great alongside jrue holiday and no one else. 100% iso ball all the time.
@  thejohnnygold : (29 May 2019 - 06:46 PM) Anthony Davis + the #1 pick?
@  slick shoes : (29 May 2019 - 05:39 PM) shopping the entire team including james. what is the point if you trade our best player away? what could we possibly get in return that is equal value of james harden?
@  slick shoes : (11 May 2019 - 02:07 AM) turnovers and missed free throws the theme of the game thus far. throwing away endless points.
@  thejohnnygold : (09 May 2019 - 01:35 PM) I wish we had found a way to steal that game...it was there for the taking.
@  Mario Peña : (01 May 2019 - 04:09 AM) Is it me or does Capela look in over his head? Why is this happening now?
@  Mario Peña : (26 April 2019 - 09:14 PM) Imagine how much it ticks off Beverly, Harrell and Williams.

Photo

18 Games Left...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,156 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:34 PM

...Until the real games begin.

I just wanted to heap some praise on these guys.  That is a really nice 6 game win streak.  Beating the Warriors, Hornets, Celtics, and the Raptors on the road is not easy.  Heck, I was just listening to Cuttino Mobley on the radio and he was saying that a .500 record on the road (for any team) is good.  With these recent wins we are now 17-16 on the road for the season.

We are now the 3rd seed in the West (albeit in a 3-way tie) and if Denver continues to flounder we could swipe the 2nd seed from them.  I don't think the Warriors will relinquish first, but I do think they are starting to sweat a little.  Morey & Co. have been saying it all year: we want to be at our best come April.  It looks like we're on our way.

That's not the worst schedule heading down the stretch.  I think we can coast to a 12-5 finish, and if they ramp it up even better.

I'm not big on MVP awards, but if we get to the 2nd seed in the freakin' West then James Harden is hands down the MVP of this season.  I get the love for Giannis and Paul George is killing it in OKC, but to drag a team that fell flat on its face at the start of the season all the way up to 2nd (or 3rd) in the West after enduring a long stretch with most of your top guys injured all while posting historic numbers...Yeah, that's an MVP.

On a side note, does anyone else hear how the media talks about Giannis' teammates like they are total trash?  Middleton, Bledsoe, and Brogdon get ZERO love.  Brook Lopez, George Hill, Mirotic, Ilyasova, Snell...They're all killing it from outside which leaves the lane WIDE open for Giannis.  The Rockets and Warriors get all the media talk about jacking a million three's each game, but do you know who is 2nd in the league in 3 pt. attempts?  Yep, the Bucks.

I am very much looking forward to the Eastern Conf. Playoffs this year.  I think a Philly/Milwaukee series would be insanely good.

#2 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:03 AM

Totally agree JG!

One aspect that I hope will be addressed during the remaining 18 games is rest, mainly for Harden and Tucker who played too many minutes till now. IMHO that's more important than MVP...

#3 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,156 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:54 PM

Totally agree JG!

One aspect that I hope will be addressed during the remaining 18 games is rest, mainly for Harden and Tucker who played too many minutes till now. IMHO that's more important than MVP...

I would argue that playoff seeding matters and we need to make sure we snag one of the top spots...but it really doesn't.  It will likely come down to the last day of the season anyway--no way to predict/prepare for that.  Of the 4 bottom seeds, only the Clippers stand out as slightly preferential to the other 3 (SAS, UTA, POR).  Portland is a little scarier due to the fear that Lillard/McCollum might go nuclear at any point.  In San Antonio, Aldridge gives me nightmares the way Carlos Boozer used to.  

Thinking about Tucker...I really wish we could have seen him paired up with P-Bev.  Can you imagine?  Opposing teams would HATE playing us just for that reason alone.

#4 slick shoes

slick shoes

Naysayer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:07 PM

I would argue that playoff seeding matters and we need to make sure we snag one of the top spots...but it really doesn't.  It will likely come down to the last day of the season anyway--no way to predict/prepare for that.  Of the 4 bottom seeds, only the Clippers stand out as slightly preferential to the other 3 (SAS, UTA, POR).  Portland is a little scarier due to the fear that Lillard/McCollum might go nuclear at any point.  In San Antonio, Aldridge gives me nightmares the way Carlos Boozer used to.  

Thinking about Tucker...I really wish we could have seen him paired up with P-Bev.  Can you imagine?  Opposing teams would HATE playing us just for that reason alone.

Rest was clearly a factor last year when our main priority was home court throughout the playoffs with our 1 seed so maybe the goal for the team this year is to play it (safely) out and see where the chips land. Going to have to go through the Dubs at some point anyway. 

Bev is up for free agency this offseason and I would let Rivers walk to bring back Mr. 94 Feet any day.  

when you win two games in a row that's called a winning streak.

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#5 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,156 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:51 PM

Rest was clearly a factor last year when our main priority was home court throughout the playoffs with our 1 seed so maybe the goal for the team this year is to play it (safely) out and see where the chips land. Going to have to go through the Dubs at some point anyway. 

Bev is up for free agency this offseason and I would let Rivers walk to bring back Mr. 94 Feet any day.  

0fc.gif

I know.  We're realistically looking at having to topple one of the Spurs/Jazz, OKC/Denver/Portland, and the Warriors!  Oh, and after that we get Toronto/Milwaukee.  Yeesh.

As frustrating as it is, I think we are in a bit of a Golden Age for the league.  There are so many freakin' good players and good teams.

#6 DenverRocket

DenverRocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:30 PM

This run has been very impressive and it's encouraging to see CP3 getting back to being himself. Not sure if anyone listened to it, but he was on JJ Redicks podcast on Thursday. Well worth a listen.

We've had so many ridiculous losses this season against non-playoff/lottery teams, but for the most part have looked really good when we're locked in against play-off level opposition, so I'm quietly hopeful we have a better chance than any of the pundits seem to be giving us credit for.

My main hope is that we get Denver at some point in the play-offs, so I have a chance to get to see some live games ;-)

"I could never understand national or ethnic pride, 'cos to me pride should be preserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth!" - George Carlin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users