Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (13 March 2019 - 08:50 PM) Great to see the good news continues. Morey, Beard and Mike need to stay together.
@  slick shoes : (13 March 2019 - 05:28 PM) Morey is back for another 5 years.
@  Losthief : (13 March 2019 - 07:40 AM) well house is back according to macmahon. I am about 10x less excited about this as i would of been two months ago.
@  thejohnnygold : (04 March 2019 - 03:14 PM) A worthwhile read about Harden and the step-back 3.
@  slick shoes : (22 February 2019 - 09:52 PM) Hopefully playing with some talent will bring back the old form.
@  Mario Peña : (22 February 2019 - 09:32 PM) That’s a good point slick. I watched him (on tv) for a couple games when he was with Erie. He looked good though not as high energy as I remembered him.
@  slick shoes : (22 February 2019 - 05:09 PM) I will be very interested to see how my man T Jones fares this time around. I doubt McFail did much to improve him as a player.
@  Mario Peña : (07 February 2019 - 02:46 AM) We got Schump!
@  slick shoes : (28 January 2019 - 01:47 PM) I really hope AD doesn't land in LA....
@  redfaithful : (24 January 2019 - 01:54 PM) Harden's lead in the scorers board is now 7 pts/game... ridicilous
@  thejohnnygold : (22 January 2019 - 12:01 AM) Faried is intriguing...
@  Mario Peña : (17 January 2019 - 01:17 PM) That game last night was a tough loss but that Nets team was scrappy and hit all those threes at the end. The defensive effort was lacking but these loses happen.
@  slick shoes : (14 January 2019 - 09:21 PM) Clint out for a month!
@  slick shoes : (10 January 2019 - 11:52 PM) I would almost rather shelf CP until after the all star break to keep him fresh for a potential postseason run. Would be nice to get EG back sooner than later though.
@  thejohnnygold : (10 January 2019 - 10:22 PM) This has been a brutal stretch of games and we've handled it about as well as could be hoped for. It will be nice to cruise through a slightly softer part of the schedule for a while.
@  Mario Peña : (08 January 2019 - 07:14 PM) The Rockets smoked those Nuggets last night!
@  Mario Peña : (04 January 2019 - 06:49 AM) MVP!!!
@  redfaithful : (04 January 2019 - 06:44 AM) Wow, great great win
@  thejohnnygold : (03 January 2019 - 02:32 PM) I had to go look that up...then I remembered :)
@  slick shoes : (02 January 2019 - 08:37 PM) I'm with JG on this one. March 29, 1990.

Photo

Re: Rahat's take on "LeBron, Carmelo and Capela" article

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:09 PM

First of all, thank you very much Mr. Rahat for continuing and allowing real discussion on the Rockets in your forum.

i have no issues with LeBron joining the Lakers. IMO just makes the "BEAT LA" chants that much louder going forward in Toyota...... 

I choose to discuss Capela secondly. A special player that started late playing basketball in his youth. I sincerely doubt that was his or his families choice at that time in their lives. Just the way things work out sometimes

Still, since Capela's only impact on offense is setting a pick then rolling to the bucket, well that is not good enough going forward IMO.

Capela had a number of impressive blocks fin the paint these past playoffs. That is great. However, when the opposing team is choosing to avoid the lane, what else can Capela do going forward?

Capela has filled an important role as a Rocket these past couple of years. I honestly do not believe for a second that should result in a max contract.

Carmelo?

Again, Carmelo?

Losing both Trevor and Moute is very difficult in my opinion in regards to the defensive end this upcoming season.

It seems Moute already saw the writing on the wall re: Carmelo and chose a better contract with a terrible team. NBA players typically only have a very, very, very short horizon in regards to significant earnings so I never blame anyone for deciding family is high, very high on their priority.

Still, it gives me pause. Ariza is gone. Moute could have played for less in Houston this season then proved himself gojng forward and eventually being on the right end of Bird rights after this season here in Houston being on the right end of a meaninful contract and role for 2-3 years going forward. 

It s what it is.

Carmelo, I have nothing to say right now other than I believe he would be fine ending up here in Houston and making a difference going forward. I have no doubt CP3 and Harden would be totally fine with that.

Then that would result in the Rockets having to be so much better going forward on Offense to make up for so many more defensive lapses going forward.

By the way, I totally 100% disagree with Rahat that Harden cost us a place in the NBA Finals last year. I was there, it was ugly, how many wide open 3 point shots in a row that both Harden and CP3 created for everyone else that missed the mark? 

Edited by rocketrick, 10 July 2018 - 02:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users