Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  slick shoes : (12 December 2018 - 09:32 PM) We are now begging for Lakers scraps. My how the tables have turned.
@  slick shoes : (12 December 2018 - 01:36 PM) I'll be happy for Ariza if LA does end up signing him but it makes me sick that he'll go to a team that will probably end up faring better than us simply because we didn't want to ante up on the contract.
@  slick shoes : (11 December 2018 - 04:18 PM) CP's remark about a 7 game series sounds a little entitled as well at this point. Gotta make the playoffs to have a series, my man.
@  Mario Peña : (11 December 2018 - 03:22 PM) Yeah I wonder how hungry the team was this past summer relative to two summers ago. That Bahamas “workout” photo or wherever it was from looked more like a team thinking it would coast to 60 plus wins again.
@  Losthief : (10 December 2018 - 03:44 AM) p.s. the mirrors to our last run to the western finals is worrisome, we sucked the next year as well, then fired Mchale and jettisoned Howard.
@  Losthief : (10 December 2018 - 03:43 AM) @redfaithful y you gotta say things that hurt me...not that they are not true...just painful haha.
@  redfaithful : (09 December 2018 - 01:33 PM) If the Suns weren't in rebuild mode, the Rockets would be (rightfully) last in the west
@  thejohnnygold : (08 December 2018 - 06:55 PM) Meanwhile, Robert Covington, Marcus Morris, and Montrezl Harrell are out there being the exact players we need...for other teams.
@  slick shoes : (07 December 2018 - 01:44 PM) Who are we as a team any more? I don't think everyone has a firm grasp on their role within the system.
@  Mario Peña : (07 December 2018 - 06:46 AM) These Rockets will be lucky to make the playoffs and if they do getting to the second round would be something. It’s time to consider maintenance for CP3 instead of overplaying him.
@  slick shoes : (04 December 2018 - 03:33 PM) Gotta play Brandon Knight a few games before then.
@  thejohnnygold : (04 December 2018 - 03:28 PM) I have a hunch that Dec. 15th can't get here soon enough for Morey.
@  DenverRocket : (27 November 2018 - 01:22 AM) Jeez, our rotation is screwed without CP3. MCW seems to have forgotten how to play basketball. Hopefully, Brandon Knight can get fit soon.
@  Losthief : (22 November 2018 - 11:42 AM) depends on what we have to give up. He be a good fit in our system tho
@  slick shoes : (20 November 2018 - 06:56 PM) Any of you guys intrigued by Otto Porter Jr.? I know he has a pretty steep price tag but we were going to give up four first rounders and two players anyway....
@  redfaithful : (19 November 2018 - 09:26 AM) Crazy season: the difference in the L column between the first in the west (4 teams with 5 Ls) to #11-13 (3 teams with 8 Ls) is only 3...
@  Mario Peña : (16 November 2018 - 02:36 AM) That’s cool!
@  DenverRocket : (15 November 2018 - 10:46 PM) It was awesome. My boys loved it, got Clint's autograph, and lots of high fives by the tunnel.
@  Mario Peña : (14 November 2018 - 09:48 PM) I’m sure that was a great game to see live!
@  slick shoes : (14 November 2018 - 01:30 PM) I believe Talib took the jersey home. Looks like the ball is starting to finally go in for the boys in red. Couldn't have come soon enough.

Photo

Can James Harden’s MVP Campaign Survive Chris Paul?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DenverRocket

DenverRocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:20 AM

Really good analysis of Hardens hyper efficient start to the season: https://fivethirtyei...=espn:frontpage

"I could never understand national or ethnic pride, 'cos to me pride should be preserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth!" - George Carlin.

#2 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

I think we got a positive answer to the question in the title last night...

#3 DenverRocket

DenverRocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

I think we got a positive answer to the question in the title last night...

Part of the reason he put up that line though was that he had to because CP3, EG and Ariza were missing.

It was pretty awesome to watch! Delighted that he finally took the scoring record and particularly the way in which he did it. The last time he came close, they were trying to manufacture the last few required points and he couldn't hit a barn door, this time he had to do it to win the game.

I hope he finally gets the MVP, though I'm fully expecting LBJ to drag the Cavs back into serious contention and win it the same way Westbrook did last year ;-)

"I could never understand national or ethnic pride, 'cos to me pride should be preserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth!" - George Carlin.

#4 DenverRocket

DenverRocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:32 PM

Well at least McMahon is pushing the Harden narrative :-)

http://www.espn.com/...-mvp-resume-nba

#5 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,114 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

I'm just happy about the defense.  There really hasn't ever been much question about his offensive skills; although, he has improved his passing beyond what I thought he could do.  The defense is what will take us to the next level.

#6 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,433 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:15 PM

See I always thought his passing was ahead of his teammates abilities. Remember the teams with Lin, Dwight and/orParsons? Guys like that couldn’t handle James’ passes I thought. Of course, and I was wrong, McHale did little to fine tune Harden’s skills and that offense.

#7 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,114 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:03 AM

See I always thought his passing was ahead of his teammates abilities. Remember the teams with Lin, Dwight and/orParsons? Guys like that couldn’t handle James’ passes I thought. Of course, and I was wrong, McHale did little to fine tune Harden’s skills and that offense.

It probably was.  I was always more focused on the locations guys were getting the ball.  He wasn't hitting them "in the numbers" as much as I felt he should.  He's much better now.

I think my favorite thing right now is the fact that we have lost only one game when fully healthy this year--which includes lots of quality wins.

I think we can beat any team in a series.  If we can keep that blue collar, lunch pail, defense-first attitude and not try to be something we're not we've got a real chance.  What more can you ask for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users