Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  slick shoes : (10 September 2018 - 11:22 PM) corey brewer!
@  slick shoes : (31 August 2018 - 04:17 AM) cap space!
@  slick shoes : (23 August 2018 - 06:46 PM) I am hoping the team chemistry building trip to the Bahamas will integrate Melo into the fold quickly. He seems to be open to being a part of our culture instead of Melo on a team so there's at least that.
@  thejohnnygold : (23 August 2018 - 02:06 PM) I'm of the mind to concede judgement to the players. CP3 is too smart to want to bring in dead weight. If he thinks Melo will help, then I have to believe it too.
@  slick shoes : (22 August 2018 - 09:37 PM) As I recall, DH12 spurned many other suitors to join James and Co. It is just a matter of fit. He was not a good one.
@  rocketrick : (22 August 2018 - 05:19 PM) I am personally much more positive about Carmelo going forward than D12 as Carmelo wants to be here
@  rocketrick : (31 July 2018 - 12:19 PM) Player Mental Health and Attitude is underappreciated IMO. D12 in Houston was a Disaster in his 3rd (and thankfully final season). D12 wanted to be the focus and "the man"
@  rocketrick : (31 July 2018 - 12:17 PM) The Warriors can only offer Boogie slightly more than $6 million in 2019-2020 per CBA. Seems clear to me Boogie is a 1-year adventure for the Warriors unless I am misunderstanding CBA going forward.
@  rocketrick : (31 July 2018 - 10:20 AM) Who do the Warriors sit if Boogie is on the floor at the end of games? If Boogie is on the bench at the end of games how will Cousins deal with that?
@  thejohnnygold : (30 July 2018 - 02:57 PM) Regarding Boogie--I guess we'll see. He's a force down low and on a team with the likes of Curry, Klay, and Durant he's gonna get a lot of easy looks because the defense is so obsessed with those other guys.
@  slick shoes : (30 July 2018 - 12:45 PM) I hear that we are looking at Jared Dudley as a potential signing. Not sure he pushes us over the top but he and PJ have been working out steadily over the summer.
@  Losthief : (29 July 2018 - 10:27 PM) keeping in mind this is post-achilles boogie, so...fatter and slower (can't be helped at least for year one).
@  Losthief : (29 July 2018 - 10:08 PM) Is boogie closing games for them tho? If so you have capela and drop melo. I mean, melo=draymond at 5, capela = boogie. whose boogie replacing in there closing lineup and not being torn up by paul/harden.
@  thejohnnygold : (29 July 2018 - 04:53 PM) Don't forget about Boogie. This GS team will be different than what we are all used to. Do we really want Melo guarding Boogie on the block? Tucker?
@  Rahat Huq : (28 July 2018 - 10:01 PM) I feel like you can do Melo, tucker, gordon, Paul, Harden against the warriors
@  rocketrick : (28 July 2018 - 03:42 PM) For Offense, the Rockets Crunch Time Offense should be Harden, CP3, Gordon, Carmelo and PJ Tucker......
@  rocketrick : (28 July 2018 - 02:18 PM) I'm with Losthief here. So Harden, CP3, Capela, PJ Tucker and Carmelo in crunch time....
@  Losthief : (28 July 2018 - 09:06 AM) And carmelo could do things against draymond most '5' cannot. We do everything with the warriors as the reason...just a thought.
@  Losthief : (28 July 2018 - 09:05 AM) He would be guarding draymond...aka...offensive liability that harden wandered away from the past year to play safety.
@  Losthief : (28 July 2018 - 09:05 AM) I'll write more thoughts on this later, but going off rahat's typo on twitter. Melo as small ball 5 against warriors might be why morey wants him.

Photo

Can James Harden’s MVP Campaign Survive Chris Paul?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DenverRocket

DenverRocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:20 AM

Really good analysis of Hardens hyper efficient start to the season: https://fivethirtyei...=espn:frontpage

"I could never understand national or ethnic pride, 'cos to me pride should be preserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth!" - George Carlin.

#2 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

I think we got a positive answer to the question in the title last night...

#3 DenverRocket

DenverRocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

I think we got a positive answer to the question in the title last night...

Part of the reason he put up that line though was that he had to because CP3, EG and Ariza were missing.

It was pretty awesome to watch! Delighted that he finally took the scoring record and particularly the way in which he did it. The last time he came close, they were trying to manufacture the last few required points and he couldn't hit a barn door, this time he had to do it to win the game.

I hope he finally gets the MVP, though I'm fully expecting LBJ to drag the Cavs back into serious contention and win it the same way Westbrook did last year ;-)

"I could never understand national or ethnic pride, 'cos to me pride should be preserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth!" - George Carlin.

#4 DenverRocket

DenverRocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:32 PM

Well at least McMahon is pushing the Harden narrative :-)

http://www.espn.com/...-mvp-resume-nba

#5 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,085 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

I'm just happy about the defense.  There really hasn't ever been much question about his offensive skills; although, he has improved his passing beyond what I thought he could do.  The defense is what will take us to the next level.

#6 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,413 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:15 PM

See I always thought his passing was ahead of his teammates abilities. Remember the teams with Lin, Dwight and/orParsons? Guys like that couldn’t handle James’ passes I thought. Of course, and I was wrong, McHale did little to fine tune Harden’s skills and that offense.

#7 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,085 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:03 AM

See I always thought his passing was ahead of his teammates abilities. Remember the teams with Lin, Dwight and/orParsons? Guys like that couldn’t handle James’ passes I thought. Of course, and I was wrong, McHale did little to fine tune Harden’s skills and that offense.

It probably was.  I was always more focused on the locations guys were getting the ball.  He wasn't hitting them "in the numbers" as much as I felt he should.  He's much better now.

I think my favorite thing right now is the fact that we have lost only one game when fully healthy this year--which includes lots of quality wins.

I think we can beat any team in a series.  If we can keep that blue collar, lunch pail, defense-first attitude and not try to be something we're not we've got a real chance.  What more can you ask for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users