Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  slick shoes : (22 September 2017 - 12:26 AM) I'm on the fence about Melo coming to Houston, but I would much rather have him here than the Blazers. Hoping we can get something worked out there sooner than later.
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2017 - 06:12 PM) Thanks. That was good.
@  slick shoes : (14 September 2017 - 03:18 PM) latest podcast with morey.
@  slick shoes : (14 September 2017 - 03:18 PM) http://bleacherrepor...anking-and-more
@  thejohnnygold : (13 September 2017 - 03:07 PM) Hey, everyone who wants to play fantasy basketball needs to go to the forum below and let us know. The draft will be coming up soon.
@  Losthief : (05 September 2017 - 09:29 PM) Tilman Fertitta....I think I am okay with that.
@  Mario Peña : (30 August 2017 - 04:20 AM) I second that. I hope you Red94 guys in Houston are okay.
@  Losthief : (26 August 2017 - 12:06 AM) Hope everyone stays safe and dry!
@  slick shoes : (23 August 2017 - 12:30 PM) Mostly I'm glad that none of them moved to a West team.
@  redfaithful : (23 August 2017 - 11:39 AM) Basketball reasons aside, it would have been very difficult for the Celtics to sign IT next summer with their cap situation, while Kyrie has 2 years left
@  DenverRocket : (23 August 2017 - 12:33 AM) Kyrie to Celtics for IT, Crowder & Zizic plus a first round pick. Why would the Celtics do this? I'm flabbergasted!
@  DenverRocket : (23 August 2017 - 12:31 AM) Also enjoyed that, thx!
@  thejohnnygold : (20 August 2017 - 06:31 PM) Morey is awesome to listen to.
@  slick shoes : (17 August 2017 - 05:10 PM) https://art19.com/sh...1a-430fee77bdc3
@  slick shoes : (17 August 2017 - 05:10 PM) nice interview with morey by woj
@  slick shoes : (11 August 2017 - 08:54 PM) https://youtu.be/Wcz_kDCBTBk
@  thejohnnygold : (11 August 2017 - 05:39 PM) That's true. Besides, we can beat them...maybe...
@  slick shoes : (11 August 2017 - 05:22 PM) Although, watching the reigning champs get their rings might be just the right motivation for the season.
@  slick shoes : (11 August 2017 - 11:29 AM) HATE that we're opening the season against the Warriors AGAIN.
@  thejohnnygold : (07 August 2017 - 01:08 PM) Everyone still seems to think it's going to happen...last rumor I saw said it will likely wait until training camp.

Photo

Retooling the bench

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:07 AM

Other than Anderson and his inability to shoot at home,the Rockets starters are pretty set.

The bench needs help in rebounding and playmaking roles.

The Rockets are full of shooters who need to be set up and the Rockets don't have anyone off the bench who can do that. They also need a 3-n-D wing and a rebounding big off the bench.

The bigger problem is D'Antoni and his reluctance to go more than 8 deep.

PG.

Find it hard to accept that D'Antoni will give a 2 Rd pick-or any rookie-significant minutes.

So it's either a FA or trade. The available FAs are either going to be too expensive or cheap shooting PGs who don't set up others very well. We already have Lou Williams,we don't need another cheaper version.

The one FA I'd go after is Shaun Livingston. Can't shoot,but he keeps GS second unit scoring-and it hurts GS :)

Unfortunately he's prob not leaving and may not have fond thoughts of his time here.

Ideally I'd love to swap Williams to Detroit for Ish Smith. D'Antoni's already coached him,Smith loves to set up others. His inabilty to shoot  is lessened if you give him an active big and 3 shooters. Unfortunately Detroit may be trading away their starting PG,so I'd imagine Smith isn't available.

I'd try Minn and offer Harrell for Tyus Smith. Minn could use an energy big like Harrell and I doubt they're ready to give up on Dunn just yet. Tyus is an excellent back-up in short stints,the more he plays the less effective he is.

SG/SF.

I think it's inevitable if Morey strikes out on Hayward that he signs PJ Tucker. The 3-n-D wing that just fits,and could easily be seen as Ariza's replacement.

Me,I's still call Sac and chase Garrett Temple. (NO,I don't have that much of a thing for former Rockets. I don't want Howard,Lin,Dragic,TJones,PPat,D-Mo(love game,hate injuries,too much risk) back. I'd only want Lowry for half of what he wants,or 2-3 yrs,,age issues.)

Hope Lou,a couple of seconds would be enough.

Temple can play SG,SF and PG for short periods of time. Good defender,nice passer,great in lockerroom,can hit 3s. Temple,Gordon form a strong bench comb that can be rotated thru the PG,SG,SF positions.

The FA wing I'd chase is Tim Hardaway Jr. Can do a little of everything,shot .412 corners 3s last yr.

Fun factoid-Atlanta's top 5 player combos in minutes played. All had Howard,Milsap,Shroeder. 4 had some combo of Bazemore,Sefalosha(strong defender,can't shoot) and Hardaway. Bazemore,Hardaway had the same defensive rating as Baze and Stefalosha,but much better offensive rating. Hardaway and Sefalosha had a monster offensive rating and an excellent defensive rating.

Out-of-the blue trade. Let's say Atl goes on and signs Hardaway. I could see a following Ariza,Williams trade for Bazemore.

PF

I'm assuming Nene re-signs.

What to do w/Anderson? When he's hitting 3s the offense is pretty unstoppable. When he's not,the team is playing 4 on 5. the Rockets will have to include the 2018 First to move him(Philly?needs shooters). BTW once July 1 hits,a new season starts and the clock resets on trading consecutive Firsts,so the 2018 is in play.

Dekker is going to be the reserve PF,so hopefully Morey hits on a 2bd Rd pick who actually rebounds in the NBA,not just in college.

Yi's going to be given a chance to show he can get minutes in the NBA.

Starters.....Harden,Bev,Ariza,Anderson,Capella

Rotation...Gordon,Hardaway,Dekker,Nene

Deep Bench....Tyus Jones,T Williams,Yi,Onauku,2 mins,2 Second Rd picks(on new 2-Way contracts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users