Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (20 October 2018 - 03:36 AM) Mix of both. Def early in season seemed slow, but working new rotation in doesn't worry too much unless it stays a trend. NO looked awesome though, and shot really well.
@  thejohnnygold : (18 October 2018 - 02:16 PM) I know the Rockets didn't look very good last night, but I honestly can't tell how much of it was us and how much was New Orleans looking good.
@  DenverRocket : (11 October 2018 - 08:30 PM) Last call for fantasy - we could really do with a few more participants. It's free! Register your interest by the end of today on the New Fantasy Season thread
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2018 - 04:31 PM) If anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league join in on the New Fantasy Season thread.
@  slick shoes : (05 October 2018 - 02:18 AM) james ennis is looking like our starting three. tenacious, defends well and can shoot the three.
@  Losthief : (21 September 2018 - 10:28 PM) me either...but thibs gonna thib
@  slick shoes : (21 September 2018 - 08:36 PM) Sounds like no one will be getting anything at this point. I don't see the angle the T wolves are trying to play here. This will only affect their locker room negatively going forward.
@  Losthief : (21 September 2018 - 06:49 PM) I didn't mean he deserved/we should give more...but i can see them getting more from others. Its really only one asset and cap filler/matching. Probably take at least two assets (or a higher value pick than our late late 1st)
@  slick shoes : (20 September 2018 - 05:44 PM) They dont have much leverage at this point. He's on the last year of his deal and he wants out. Maybe another developmental player on top of the previously mentioned package?
@  Losthief : (20 September 2018 - 06:51 AM) tough seeing that as enough. Hopefully we make a play for him though.
@  slick shoes : (19 September 2018 - 06:14 PM) Jimmy B has requested a trade. Marquis Chrriss, Brandon Knight, and a future first?
@  slick shoes : (10 September 2018 - 11:22 PM) corey brewer!
@  slick shoes : (31 August 2018 - 04:17 AM) cap space!
@  slick shoes : (23 August 2018 - 06:46 PM) I am hoping the team chemistry building trip to the Bahamas will integrate Melo into the fold quickly. He seems to be open to being a part of our culture instead of Melo on a team so there's at least that.
@  thejohnnygold : (23 August 2018 - 02:06 PM) I'm of the mind to concede judgement to the players. CP3 is too smart to want to bring in dead weight. If he thinks Melo will help, then I have to believe it too.
@  slick shoes : (22 August 2018 - 09:37 PM) As I recall, DH12 spurned many other suitors to join James and Co. It is just a matter of fit. He was not a good one.
@  rocketrick : (22 August 2018 - 05:19 PM) I am personally much more positive about Carmelo going forward than D12 as Carmelo wants to be here
@  rocketrick : (31 July 2018 - 12:19 PM) Player Mental Health and Attitude is underappreciated IMO. D12 in Houston was a Disaster in his 3rd (and thankfully final season). D12 wanted to be the focus and "the man"
@  rocketrick : (31 July 2018 - 12:17 PM) The Warriors can only offer Boogie slightly more than $6 million in 2019-2020 per CBA. Seems clear to me Boogie is a 1-year adventure for the Warriors unless I am misunderstanding CBA going forward.
@  rocketrick : (31 July 2018 - 10:20 AM) Who do the Warriors sit if Boogie is on the floor at the end of games? If Boogie is on the bench at the end of games how will Cousins deal with that?

Photo

Retooling the bench

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:07 AM

Other than Anderson and his inability to shoot at home,the Rockets starters are pretty set.

The bench needs help in rebounding and playmaking roles.

The Rockets are full of shooters who need to be set up and the Rockets don't have anyone off the bench who can do that. They also need a 3-n-D wing and a rebounding big off the bench.

The bigger problem is D'Antoni and his reluctance to go more than 8 deep.

PG.

Find it hard to accept that D'Antoni will give a 2 Rd pick-or any rookie-significant minutes.

So it's either a FA or trade. The available FAs are either going to be too expensive or cheap shooting PGs who don't set up others very well. We already have Lou Williams,we don't need another cheaper version.

The one FA I'd go after is Shaun Livingston. Can't shoot,but he keeps GS second unit scoring-and it hurts GS :)

Unfortunately he's prob not leaving and may not have fond thoughts of his time here.

Ideally I'd love to swap Williams to Detroit for Ish Smith. D'Antoni's already coached him,Smith loves to set up others. His inabilty to shoot  is lessened if you give him an active big and 3 shooters. Unfortunately Detroit may be trading away their starting PG,so I'd imagine Smith isn't available.

I'd try Minn and offer Harrell for Tyus Smith. Minn could use an energy big like Harrell and I doubt they're ready to give up on Dunn just yet. Tyus is an excellent back-up in short stints,the more he plays the less effective he is.

SG/SF.

I think it's inevitable if Morey strikes out on Hayward that he signs PJ Tucker. The 3-n-D wing that just fits,and could easily be seen as Ariza's replacement.

Me,I's still call Sac and chase Garrett Temple. (NO,I don't have that much of a thing for former Rockets. I don't want Howard,Lin,Dragic,TJones,PPat,D-Mo(love game,hate injuries,too much risk) back. I'd only want Lowry for half of what he wants,or 2-3 yrs,,age issues.)

Hope Lou,a couple of seconds would be enough.

Temple can play SG,SF and PG for short periods of time. Good defender,nice passer,great in lockerroom,can hit 3s. Temple,Gordon form a strong bench comb that can be rotated thru the PG,SG,SF positions.

The FA wing I'd chase is Tim Hardaway Jr. Can do a little of everything,shot .412 corners 3s last yr.

Fun factoid-Atlanta's top 5 player combos in minutes played. All had Howard,Milsap,Shroeder. 4 had some combo of Bazemore,Sefalosha(strong defender,can't shoot) and Hardaway. Bazemore,Hardaway had the same defensive rating as Baze and Stefalosha,but much better offensive rating. Hardaway and Sefalosha had a monster offensive rating and an excellent defensive rating.

Out-of-the blue trade. Let's say Atl goes on and signs Hardaway. I could see a following Ariza,Williams trade for Bazemore.

PF

I'm assuming Nene re-signs.

What to do w/Anderson? When he's hitting 3s the offense is pretty unstoppable. When he's not,the team is playing 4 on 5. the Rockets will have to include the 2018 First to move him(Philly?needs shooters). BTW once July 1 hits,a new season starts and the clock resets on trading consecutive Firsts,so the 2018 is in play.

Dekker is going to be the reserve PF,so hopefully Morey hits on a 2bd Rd pick who actually rebounds in the NBA,not just in college.

Yi's going to be given a chance to show he can get minutes in the NBA.

Starters.....Harden,Bev,Ariza,Anderson,Capella

Rotation...Gordon,Hardaway,Dekker,Nene

Deep Bench....Tyus Jones,T Williams,Yi,Onauku,2 mins,2 Second Rd picks(on new 2-Way contracts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users