Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  DenverRocket : (26 September 2016 - 06:29 PM) Looks like bboley was correct all the way back on May 26th: http://www.espn.com/...houston-rockets
@  slick shoes : (26 September 2016 - 06:03 PM) Remember when everyone was elated that Chris Bosh was on the verge of signing without Houston? Dodged a bullet on that one.
@  thejohnnygold : (23 September 2016 - 03:02 PM) @Slick Shoes - I don't think so....I may have had him bundled in a trade scenario or two back when Phoenix had ALL the PG's.
@  slick shoes : (22 September 2016 - 08:53 PM) I'm liking the trade with Beasley for Tyler Ennis. JG, weren't you advocating drafting him a year or two ago?
@  thejohnnygold : (17 September 2016 - 03:38 PM) I think they will eventually settle on a good deal, but it will likely have early team options to protect against his chronic injury problems.
@  slick shoes : (16 September 2016 - 02:47 PM) If no one else is making any offers, why would we exceed the minimum? Is it that he/his agent think his value is higher than the market dictates?
@  thejohnnygold : (16 September 2016 - 01:08 PM) Yup. The last sentence of that article says it all. "All deals get done in the 11th hour".
@  DenverRocket : (15 September 2016 - 06:16 PM) The latest on D-Mo http://www.espn.com/...rockets-lagging
@  slick shoes : (29 August 2016 - 11:42 AM) At some point they've got to start trading SOME of these picks for veteran players...
@  thejohnnygold : (26 August 2016 - 10:03 PM) Call me crazy, but I'd rather have Kendall Marshall than 2 2nd rounders.
@  slick shoes : (26 August 2016 - 08:30 PM) the 76's trade for another center? im assuming they were really after the two 2nd rounders...
@  thejohnnygold : (07 August 2016 - 07:16 PM) Nope, but there is some raw talent to work with there. He is years away...
@  majik19 : (06 August 2016 - 11:53 PM) well it doesn't look like Zhou Qi is NBA-ready
@  thejohnnygold : (25 July 2016 - 04:26 PM) I think I am going to like Bobby Brown...that is within the confines of our current strategy which is score, score, SCORE!
@  slick shoes : (22 July 2016 - 08:02 PM) The "super team" Knicks? lol
@  thejohnnygold : (22 July 2016 - 06:05 PM) On Josh Smith...my guess is the Knicks eventually sign him.
@  slick shoes : (21 July 2016 - 04:29 PM) The Jet has been released. Josh Smith will likely play for another team next season. Maybe he teams up with Dwight in ATL?
@  slick shoes : (21 July 2016 - 12:17 PM) Harden is now sending hitmen after Rockets legends' sons for badmouthing him on social media *facepalm*
@  slick shoes : (18 July 2016 - 02:22 PM) If you haven't seen the 30 for 30 "The Guru of Go", I recommend it before the upcoming season.
@  Shy Silver : (14 July 2016 - 07:20 PM) Yea I know, but there were reports both sides were willing to have a reunion before Chicago signed him. So at the time, Canaan was an option, and a better one than Pablo at that. We should've capitalized on that one, especially with how well he fits the system for obvious reasons + age on his side.

Photo

Worrell out...but have you seen his replacement?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:56 AM

http://www.nba.com/r...season-2-751440

I don't know how well she can handle the broadcast duties, but she damn sure looks the part :lol:

My new years resolution.....drink that special bottle of wine, take your son on that fishing trip, live each day as if it were my last because everyday of LIFE is special B)

#2 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,566 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:07 PM

http://www.nba.com/r...season-2-751440

I don't know how well she can handle the broadcast duties, but she damn sure looks the part :lol:

Well, that's....blatant;)

#3 slick shoes

slick shoes

Naysayer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:57 PM

Just wish she was replacing Clyde instead of Bill. I'll still watch the games on mute  :P

when you win two games in a row that's called a winning streak.

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#4 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:46 PM

Just wish she was replacing Clyde instead of Bill. I'll still watch the games on mute  :P

agreed. her and bull would have made a good match IMO. Ackerman is going to be in there too, even though I'm really not a fan of his style

My new years resolution.....drink that special bottle of wine, take your son on that fishing trip, live each day as if it were my last because everyday of LIFE is special B)

#5 slick shoes

slick shoes

Naysayer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:14 PM

In the few radio broadcasts I have listened to, Ackerman seems like a buddy of yours doing play by play. So long to the dessert exposés though. 

#6 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:15 PM

Well, that's....blatant;)

the commentary may not be as entertaining as Bill, but I will probably spend less time listening anyway. great eye candy ;)  I know some are happy to see Bill go. I am not. I been watching him for so many years that I have become accustomed to his style. I'll miss him. as I mentioned above Ackerman is also part of the new tv broadcast team. he spent last season on the radio where IMO he was a complete failure. there is no doubt about his inability to replace Gene. I guess the Rockets are attempting to move him into a place where he can blossom, but his style of broadcast completely turns me off. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but I'm not to optimistic about his chance of success. looks as tho the Rockets are changing more than the gimmick on the court.

interesting ...............I read an article a few days ago that JVG thinks we are going to be and offensive juggernaut this year and says we will win over 50 games in this coming season. coming from him I almost fell out of my chair :lol: while I know his comments about the Rockets have always been favorable since his departure this particular comment I found interesting.

#7 slick shoes

slick shoes

Naysayer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:24 PM

the commentary may not be as entertaining as Bill, but I will probably spend less time listening anyway. great eye candy ;)  I know some are happy to see Bill go. I am not. I been watching him for so many years that I have become accustomed to his style. I'll miss him. as I mentioned above Ackerman is also part of the new tv broadcast team. he spent last season on the radio where IMO he was a complete failure. there is no doubt about his inability to replace Gene. I guess the Rockets are attempting to move him into a place where he can blossom, but his style of broadcast completely turns me off. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but I'm not to optimistic about his chance of success. looks as tho the Rockets are changing more than the gimmick on the court.

interesting ...............I read an article a few days ago that JVG thinks we are going to be and offensive juggernaut this year and says we will win over 50 games in this coming season. coming from him I almost fell out of my chair :lol: while I know his comments about the Rockets have always been favorable since his departure this particular comment I found interesting.

Here's a young Bill Worrell gem I'm sure many of you missed. Held at the recently burnt to the ground Ramada Inn off of 59 and Hillcroft.

#8 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,566 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:46 PM

Here's a young Bill Worrell gem I'm sure many of you missed. Held at the recently burnt to the ground Ramada Inn off of 59 and Hillcroft.

I miss young Mike Tyson.

@RBF--I think JVG is right.  Our offense should be exceptional.  If Capela can be a one-man wrecking crew on defense we'll win lots of games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users