Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thenit : (28 April 2016 - 06:27 PM) Harden is the best offensive player but the best overall was Klay last night
@  majik19 : (28 April 2016 - 04:25 AM) klay thompson is the best player on the floor. hard to win when Harden isn't the best.
@  majik19 : (28 April 2016 - 04:19 AM) GS is better at hitting bad/covered shots than anyone on our team is at hitting open shots.
@  majik19 : (28 April 2016 - 04:16 AM) that was embarassing. 4 offensive rebounds. 2 missed 3s by Ariza and 2 missed 3s by Beverley.
@  Cooper : (28 April 2016 - 03:24 AM) this team is depressing
@  majik19 : (28 April 2016 - 03:01 AM) Ariza is a complete negative on the floor. he can't hit a shot or fight through/around a screen to save his life
@  majik19 : (28 April 2016 - 02:54 AM) everyone but james harden is terrible right now
@  thejohnnygold : (27 April 2016 - 08:49 PM) I think Walton is going to be a solid hire for somebody. I wouldn't mind if it were for us.
@  slick shoes : (27 April 2016 - 06:15 PM) I'd like to see them take it full circle and hire Walton. I don't know if he's the right buy for their young core currently, but maybe 2-3 years from now.
@  thejohnnygold : (27 April 2016 - 05:24 PM) Knowing LA, they will do something that leaves us all scratching our heads.
@  slick shoes : (27 April 2016 - 04:56 PM) While I do favor JVG, I hope that we also kick the tires on a few other guys as well.
@  thejohnnygold : (27 April 2016 - 01:34 PM) If you mean JVG--no, I'm not worried. :)
@  slick shoes : (27 April 2016 - 12:32 PM) Is it just me or is the Lakers firing Scott a bit worrisome for our coaching search?
@  DenverRocket : (27 April 2016 - 12:02 AM) Seems like Parsons is already trying to recruit Dwight to the Mavs ;-)
@  DenverRocket : (26 April 2016 - 05:51 AM) I love KD even more after his post-match response to that Cuban comment: "He's a idiot!" :)
@  slick shoes : (26 April 2016 - 03:01 AM) Why give Westbrook bulletin board material in a closeout game?
@  Mario Peña : (26 April 2016 - 02:28 AM) That insult Cuban hurled at Westbrook was classic big mouth Cuban. It gave Wedtbrook some fuel no doubt.
@  Mario Peña : (25 April 2016 - 02:40 AM) I can't stand the Warriors but I hate to see great players fall prey to injuries. Seems like Steph could be done till next season which is unfortunate since he does play on one team I root for, Team USA.
@  majik19 : (24 April 2016 - 10:02 PM) down by 23 points and we have McDaniels AND Brewer in. WTF?
@  majik19 : (24 April 2016 - 09:48 PM) the difference in this gme has been Brewer is in and Beverley is out

Photo

Golden State Warriors 114, Houston Rockets 81: Good riddance

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:07 AM

New post: Golden State Warriors 114, Houston Rockets 81: Good riddance
    By: Forrest Walker

The Houston Rockets ended their miserable 2015-2016 season the same way they started it: with laughable effort, pathetic shooting, and a summary execution at the hands of the Golden State Warriors. Last season, the Rockets looked poised to be a serious force and a strong title contender if they could just take a step. What nobody guessed is that the step would be backwards, right off a cliff. There was nothing left to play for, no light at the end of the tunnel, and nothing left to root for except for an end to one of the most disappointing seasons in sports history.

Is there a point in talking about this game? James Harden racked up stats, but they didn't matter. it took until the second quarter for any of his teammates to sink a field goal, and the game was already sealed at that point. There was so little fight that it made one wonder how they managed to struggle during game three and the first half of game four. Nobody could hit a shot, Dwight Howard kept posting up for no reason, and the two stars refused to play together for the good of the team. This wasn't just the most likely outcome, it was the only possible outcome.

I had hoped they would put up their dukes a little, but they couldn't even do that. The team looked even more fractured than ever, as though whatever strained ligaments that were holding it together during the season had finally stretched to the breaking point. There was only a deep exhaustion, and a surrender to what has always been inevitable. There was only Houston Rockets basketball.

The season was like one long bout of sleep paralysis, like being trapped in a bizarre world you can't understand with no way to move or get away from the horrible hallucinations. It's only fitting that they would be dispatched by the Golden State Warriors, once their rivals, once Houston's inferior, now a shining example of everything the Rockets are not. The Warriors rallied around their fallen leader, fighting for him. The Rockets scurried away from their leaders and the tumult that followed them. There's a sort of poetry to this train wreck of a season, but not the good stuff that inspires people to destroy oppressive regimes. This Rockets season was a fifteen-year-old at a local poetry slam reading some tritely nihilistic dreck at a pretentious weekly slam. It's incredibly grim and kinda depressing, but ultimately just a waste of your time.

the Rockets now begin the grueling process of tearing down what had seemed to be a powerful edifice. That "interim" tag for head coach J.B. Bickerstaff is about to be activated, and he'll soon be replaced, and once-and-future-king Jeff Van Gundy looks like a strong possibility. Dwight Howard can choose to terminate his contract early, and will likely lose out on millions for doing so, but would honestly be a fool not to bolt with the fastest speed possible.

There' a new sort of hope around the corner, but for now, the most important thing is release. There are no more Rockets games this season. There are no more chances for them to embarrass themselves, at least on a basketball court. It's over for now, and we can go back to seeing if the Warriors can stomp their way through the rest of the playoffs as we all thought they would.

We've earned the relief that comes with elimination, and we've earned the possibilities that come with the off-season. The Rockets are back to zero wins, and more importantly, zero losses until October. This year, that's a welcome improvement. The NBA season is finally over for Houston. Goodbye, and good riddance.

#2 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 427 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:12 PM

Corey Brewer was my second favorite rocket behind DMO.  You guys dawged him all season.  Now, I want him gone. How do you have a bad season?  I can see stretches but an entire season!?  

Ariza.  Just signed him this year.  What the hell do we do with him???

#3 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,443 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:09 PM

Corey Brewer was my second favorite rocket behind DMO.  You guys dawged him all season.  Now, I want him gone. How do you have a bad season?  I can see stretches but an entire season!?  

Ariza.  Just signed him this year.  What the hell do we do with him???

The same thing Morey is going to do---> Trade Machine!

I honestly think Ariza is fine and has just been dogging it all year.  He still made 37% of his 3's.  It's not great, but on 6+ attempts per game it's not a problem either.

Whoever the commentary guy was for last night's game (it sounded like Mike Fratello) shared the most poignant moment of the game.  Shaun Livingston had just blown right past Harden for an easy 2.  Harden looks at D-Mo as if to say, "why didn't you do something?!?!".  D-Mo just looked at him and said, "That's your man".  Turned his head and went back down court.

Anyone think the rest of the team isn't fed up with a star who is too good to play defense?  The reality is, we are going to lose D-Mo because I guarantee he wants to go to a team that doesn't see him as an afterthought nor a scapegoat.  I don't blame him.

It's time to hire Charles Oakley as Houston's in-house chef.

CQ1909_Charles-Oakley_s4x3.jpg.rend.snig

He'll prepare lovely meals and healthy snacks for the team.  Guys who get out of line, talk back, show up late, whatever...they get sent to Mr. Oakley's office.  It's small, has no windows, and no furniture aside from a table with 2 wooden chairs.  Nobody likes going to Mr. Oakley's office.

It will be like Under Siege.  Oakley is Steven Seagal and Harden is Tommy Lee Jones.  Oakley will do what Dwight should have done long ago.

tumblr_nmbc4wxkZQ1r94e9jo2_500.gif

"GET IN SHAPE AND START D-ING UP!!!"

#4 Under estimated champion

Under estimated champion

• Members
      • Pip
      • 36 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:00 PM

Why do we continue to blame Harden, when the rest of this team has been completely ineffective this entire series. Except for dmo and Beasley who produced in small doses, harden had to damn near do everything for this team. I agree harden does deserve some blame, but the lack of pride or fight in this team can not Solely be placed on his shoulders these are grown man if they wanted to win they should have came to the fight. I've defended Howard this entire miserable season with holding most critism on the thought he was just saving himself for the playoffs, but the writing is written in neon colors on the wall the guy has lost a step, and needs to accept the fact he is a horrible offensive option with his back to the basket. He needs to learn a skill he has been in the league for 10yrs and his game hasn't really progressed.

#5 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 709 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:43 PM

The same thing Morey is going to do---> Trade Machine!

I honestly think Ariza is fine and has just been dogging it all year.  He still made 37% of his 3's.  It's not great, but on 6+ attempts per game it's not a problem either.

Whoever the commentary guy was for last night's game (it sounded like Mike Fratello) shared the most poignant moment of the game.  Shaun Livingston had just blown right past Harden for an easy 2.  Harden looks at D-Mo as if to say, "why didn't you do something?!?!".  D-Mo just looked at him and said, "That's your man".  Turned his head and went back down court.

Anyone think the rest of the team isn't fed up with a star who is too good to play defense?  The reality is, we are going to lose D-Mo because I guarantee he wants to go to a team that doesn't see him as an afterthought nor a scapegoat.  I don't blame him.

I'm not sure if Ariza is dogging it or not, but he looks slow and lumbering on D and he barely slashed this season. But it might come down to the paragraph below, regarding Dmo and Harden, players are just fed up with playing with a guy who hogs the ball by dribbling out 20 seconds of the shot clock too often so other team mates barely touches the ball and then doesn't do anything on D while blaming others. Maybe Ariza was sick of working so hard for nothing.

Why do we continue to blame Harden, when the rest of this team has been completely ineffective this entire series. Except for dmo and Beasley who produced in small doses, harden had to damn near do everything for this team. I agree harden does deserve some blame, but the lack of pride or fight in this team can not Solely be placed on his shoulders these are grown man if they wanted to win they should have came to the fight. I've defended Howard this entire miserable season with holding most critism on the thought he was just saving himself for the playoffs, but the writing is written in neon colors on the wall the guy has lost a step, and needs to accept the fact he is a horrible offensive option with his back to the basket. He needs to learn a skill he has been in the league for 10yrs and his game hasn't really progressed.

I blame him because if your best player is basically a diva who hogs the ball while blames you on D when you are the one who consistently plays the matador D it takes a toll on you as a player. No pride or work ethic would overcome that when you don't get to touch the ball because that player is on the floor for 40 minutes a game and then doesn't exert any effort on D. Its been like this for 2.5 seasons now, at the end it just drains on your mentally. None of our players are better because of Harden, but look at players who has left since the Harden era started. Many of them have developed and improved. Harden doesn't make anyone better and we have a pretty big turnover on players.

I used to play pro soccer in Sweden and been around the environment, where a star player is a ball hog and you have to cut, run and never receive the ball. Eventually there is an effect that players would stop making the run because he wouldn't get the ball anyways so why waste the energy, and its the same if the star doesn't track back and you run your ass off and still get the blame. This doesn't happen in a drastic way, but it erodes on the team and suddenly the whole team looks out of shape. 

Just look at the effort level by our players, the only one I can honestly say kept playing like a maniac on both sides on the floor was Dmo (who had to prove his health in a contract year ) and Bev who has a drop off but still has that hunger because of what he has endured during his career. It's a sad state for this team and I just don't think we can win with Harden, unless you keep getting new players every single years who hasn't played with Harden. The only way for him to submit would be to bring in someone who is better than Harden and could bark at him, and to be honest there aren't many around available. 

#6 Under estimated champion

Under estimated champion

• Members
          • Pip
          • 36 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:18 PM

I agree with you about our players in the offensive system not wanting to move because they felt they were not going to get the ball, but a lot of that in my opinion should be placed on the powers that be who dictate the system(coaches or gm). Who has left and blossomed since the harden era; chandler parsons hasn't Asik hasn't, Lin I guess you could say he has, but last year people were calling him a bust. So please tell me who have we lost since the harden era that was exactly worth keeping besides maybe parsons? You can't count Lowry because he was gone before the harden era.

If you say parsons I agree we should have kept him because of his ability to create, but his shot was off and the durability he has shown has been really disappointing.

#7 bernardo

bernardo

Rookie

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 65 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:11 PM

This whole season was like going to the dentist. Thank god it's over. Morey needs to clean house this Summer and bring guys who actually will give 100% effort. And get a coach who will get to Harden's head. I wanted Walton, unfortunately he is gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users