Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  cointurtlemoose : (19 June 2015 - 06:19 PM) Remember how badass this was?? https://youtu.be/hWUGnUyat7Q
@  JY86er : (17 June 2015 - 04:35 AM) DH12 is right. I dont like the way it feels when someone else is holding up that trophy either.
@  Cooper : (16 June 2015 - 01:18 AM) If the clips get lance, Paul will either make him great or beat him up on court around January.
@  clydesmoustache : (13 June 2015 - 02:41 PM) Pretty cool Robert Horry Article. Rudy T is his #1 coach! http://www.theplayer...jackson-lakers/
@  JY86er : (11 June 2015 - 04:01 PM) Defense simply takes effort. I applaud them.
@  txtdo1411 : (10 June 2015 - 09:29 PM) They certainly stumbled onto an elite defensive lineup. They don't have Love or Irving's scoring ability, but they are all great defenders. Honestly they might have stumbled upon the secret to beating GS all along. You aren't going to outgun them, but if you can slow it down and muck it up just enough, you have a shot. I think w/ Love and Irving the Cavs could very well be in a worse spot than they are now.
@  jorgeaam : (10 June 2015 - 03:51 AM) Amazing what LeBron is doing, Dellavedova, Thompson,Shumpert and Mozgov is definitely not the kind of roster you'd expect in the finals
@  jorgeaam : (10 June 2015 - 03:50 AM) We all are, Mario
@  Mario Peña : (10 June 2015 - 03:38 AM) I am looking forward to the Warriors losing so much.
@  thenit : (10 June 2015 - 02:30 AM) not a knock on curry or harden but LBJ is at a different lvl. Look at what he is doing against GS with that roster
@  redfaithful : (08 June 2015 - 11:21 AM) Basketball axiom: a David Blatt team at the season's end will not let anyone score easily
@  SadLakerFan : (01 June 2015 - 04:26 AM) I want to go to Game 2 of the Finals, but prices are really high. There are 2700 tickets (out of a capacity of 19,500) up for resale - that's a ton. Hoping prices drop a bit.
@  kidnextdoor : (01 June 2015 - 02:58 AM) I read somewhere if Atlanta get a max free agent they will have to let Millsap go.
@  Losthief : (31 May 2015 - 03:53 PM) Paul millsap is a free agent, i'd want him more than Love, but would he leave atlanta?
@  JY86er : (30 May 2015 - 12:37 AM) I wouldnt want him. Not after a Jeff Spicoli looking sorry guy was able to pull his arm outta socket.
@  majik19 : (28 May 2015 - 08:05 PM) Offensively, I have no doubt that Love would be a great fit. Defensively... not so much. I think it's more important to upgrade the 1 than the 4 this offseason, assuming D-mo is healthy.
@  Mario Peña : (28 May 2015 - 07:08 PM) I can't make it but I thought I'd post that for the Houston guys.
@  Mario Peña : (28 May 2015 - 07:07 PM) From the Red Rowdies: Do you want to greet the Rockets today as they arrive back? Go to 8402 Nelms Houston, TX 77061 around 3:30 ‪#‎Support‬
@  Cooper : (28 May 2015 - 06:15 PM) would have to strip the roster to get him, let him lose in la with 40 yr old kobe and crazy rondo.
@  thenit : (28 May 2015 - 06:08 PM) Love interested in Lakers, Rockets and Celtics. Anyone here who wants him ?

Photo

Postseason Prediction Thread 2015

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I like looking back at predictions I've made and wondering how I could have been so wrong. So this thread is for you to post your predictions for what's to come in the playoffs this year.

Rules for this thread:

- Any predictions you make have to be verifiable later. No wishy-washy predictions like "Anthony Davis will play well" - you'd instead have to say something like "Anthony Davis will be one of the top three players in the first round by PER" or similar. Then we can see how well you did later.

- You can make predictions at any point during the playoffs provided it's before the event you're predicting.

- There's no scoring system or anything, just bragging rights for people who make spectacular prognostications that end up being true.

To that end, here are a few of mine:

- Monta Ellis will have a 35 point game at some point in the playoffs.

- One of the bottom four seeds in the Eastern Conference will win their first round series.

- Memphis vs Portland will go to Game 7.

- Golden State will win at least 1 game by 15 points in every series they play.

- Someone who wasn't in the Three Point Shooting contest at the All-Star game will lead the playoffs in 3pt% (minimum 25 attempts).

- Anthony Davis will finish in the top three players in first round PER.

ST

#2 bernardo

bernardo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

-At least there will be 2 sweeps in the first round.

-Houston will hold dallas to under 96 PPG through the series.

-Clippers don't win more than one game.

-Chicago x Milwaukee will be the series with the least amount of points (addition of PPG of the 2 teams is the criteria)

-Mark Cuban cries after a first round defeat to his "beloved" houston rockets (not sure if this one is verifiable :lol: )

Edited by bernardo, 16 April 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#3 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 4,020 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

I like it.  Let's see....

Golden State will lose 1 game to New Orleans.

The Warriors will not win the Western Conference.

Dwight Howard has been playing possum and is going to average 20 & 15 in the first round.

Josh Smith will hit a three pointer that seals a win for us.

Clint Capela will play 15 mpg and post a positive +/-.

West playoffs: GS beats NO, HOU beats DAL, SAS beats LAC, POR beats MEM.  2nd round, HOU beats SAS, GS beats POR.  3rd round, HOU beats GS.

East playoffs: ATL beats BRK, CLE beats BOS, CHI beats MIL, WAS beats TOR.  2nd round, ATL beats WAS, CLE beats CHI.  3rd round, ATL beats CLE.

FInals: HOU beats ATL 4-2  B)  

#4 majik19

majik19

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 200 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

West Playoffs: 

Golden State

Memphis                     Golden State

Golden State

Houston                      Houston

San Antonio

Golden State

East Playoffs

Atlanta

Washington                   Atlanta

Cleveland

Cleveland                      Cleveland

Chicago

7 Game First Round Series: Bucks & Bulls, Portland and Memphis

Finals MVP: Stephen Curry

Best Player in the 1st Round: Kawhi Leonard, who averages 20+ pts per game and plays lockdown defense in the crucial moments of the 4th quarter against Chris Paul (as well as stellar defense the rest of the games). 

Star that Struggles in the 1st Round: Anthony Davis. The Warriors are going to throw a variety of looks at him (Bogut, Green, Iguodala even) and focus on stopping him. The Pelicans will pull off at least 1 game (in New Orleans), but it will be because someone else on the Pellies steps up. Davis may still score 20+ a game, but he will finish with a sub-20 PER. 

Player that People will Finally Realize is a top-10 player in the league: Al Horford, who will average 20+-10+ throughout the playoffs. 

Most Exciting 1st Round Series: Spurs & Clippers

Least Exciting 1st Round Series: Hawks & Nets

#5 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,008 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:06 PM

There will be one sweep in the West, two in the east.

Warriors lose in the Semifinals to the Grizzlies.

Chicago and Cleveland get into a brawl in the 4th quarter of game 7.

Houston goes 4-7-5-6 to win their first championship in 20 years.

Clint Capela plays 6 minutes a game, but averages 4 and 4 during that time.

#6 Under estimated champion

Under estimated champion

• Members
        • Pip
        • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:20 PM

The warriors and hawks are losing in the first round!!!!! I know I'm crazy, but just watch

#7 jorgeaam

jorgeaam

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 372 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:37 PM

Let's see: 

Golden State will drop at least 2 games to the Pelicans, powered by Anthony Davis scoring 30+ PPG, 10+ RPG and 2+ BPG

Rockets will sweep Dallas and make it all the way to the finals

The Spurs will lose to the Clips, showing the world they are human too.

Memphis will Grit & Grind it's way to the Western Conference Finals

Atlanta will sweep it's first two series

Lebron and the Cavs will lose against the Bulls in the semis, with D Rose scoring 25+ PPG and being clutch when needed.

Rockets will end up falling just short against Atlanta, falling in 6 games.

Champion of the 2014-15 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League :D

#8 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
            • 1,558 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:07 PM

-Washington will beat Toronto in the 1st round;

-Houston in 5 in the 1st round;

-Brooklyn will not cover the spread in any of their games against Atlanta;

-Clippers will overtake the Spurs in the 1st round, winning AT LEAST one in San Antonio;

-There will be a player that tears their ACL;

-Memphis/Portland will have 2+ OT games;

-The Finals will go 7 games, the series underdog will be victorious;

-STOLE THIS ONE FROM STEVEN...BECAUSE IT IS BOUND TO HAPPEN, Cleveland/Chicago will have a brawl in the 4th quarter of game 7.

#9 jorgeaam

jorgeaam

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 372 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:25 PM

-There will be a player that tears their ACL;

Prediction not approved by Derrick Rose

Champion of the 2014-15 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League :D

#10 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 150 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:38 PM

West

GS beats NO in 5

HOU beats DAL in 6

SA beats LAC in 6

MEM beats POR in 5

GS beats MEM in 7

SA beats HOU in 6

GS beats SA in 7

East

ATL beats BKN in 5

CLE beats BOS in 4

WAS beats TOR in 7

CHI beats MIL in 6

ATL beats CHI in 7

CLE beats WAS in 5

CLE beats ATL in 7

Aaaannnnddddd, GS beats CLE in 7 in the Finals.

#11 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 150 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:45 PM

Rockets related:

- Howard averages over 2.5 BPG

- Hack-a-player strategies against us won't work (we'll shoot around 60% on these)

- Harden shows up big, averaging around 30 points and 8 assists

- Terry will shoot above 45% from 3

#12 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 2,008 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:23 AM

-STOLE THIS ONE FROM STEVEN...BECAUSE IT IS BOUND TO HAPPEN, Cleveland/Chicago will have a brawl in the 4th quarter of game 7.

Does anyone else miss the raw emotion from teams that lead to a brawl? The absolute hatred of the other team from the players not just the fans. Like how Boston/LA hated each other, and how everyone hated The Bad Boys. I like the fact that the Knicks/Heat hated each other enough that it actually lead to a brawl. I'm not advocating for a brawl, just the raw emotion from the players that could lead to a brawl, in all sports not just basketball.

#13 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • 4,061 posts
                      • Locationhouston

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:48 AM

Houston beats dallas in 5

San Antonio beats LA in 6

Golden State beats N.O. in 5

Memphis beats Portland in 7

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#14 majik19

majik19

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 200 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:06 AM

Does anyone else miss the raw emotion from teams that lead to a brawl? The absolute hatred of the other team from the players not just the fans. Like how Boston/LA hated each other, and how everyone hated The Bad Boys. I like the fact that the Knicks/Heat hated each other enough that it actually lead to a brawl. I'm not advocating for a brawl, just the raw emotion from the players that could lead to a brawl, in all sports not just basketball.

I could see a mini-brawl in Rockets-Mavs series. Parsons didn't exit gracefully, Terry could incite some things. Morey and Cuban almost certainly will trade some jabs (probably over twitter).  

#15 bernardo

bernardo

Rookie

• Members
                        • PipPip
                        • 54 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:13 PM

Josh Smith will hit a three pointer that seals a win for us.

This would bue so epic

#16 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
                          • PipPipPipPipPip
                          • 1,178 posts
                          • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

I could see a mini-brawl in Rockets-Mavs series. Parsons didn't exit gracefully, Terry could incite some things. Morey and Cuban almost certainly will trade some jabs (probably over twitter).  

I don't think Parsons will be brawling - as far as I can tell the tensions between him and the Rockets were completely media fabricated. Now Tyson Chandler on the other hand, he is the sort of player that gets hot and could instigate something. Could see him giving or taking a hard foul that both sides take exception to.

ST

#17 YaoMan

YaoMan

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 168 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:31 PM

Ok I got a really good laugh from this one! :)

#18 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                            • 1,558 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:03 AM

Haha, can you believe he was the inspiration behind the prediction??????

I enjoy that in a series.  I don't necessarily WANT to see the brawl(ok maybe a little), but I could definitely enjoy seeing some hard fouls and trash talk.  As much as I dislike the guy, it's a shame KG isn't on a playoff team this year, you could always count on him to stir some stuff up.  

#19 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
                              • PipPipPipPipPip
                              • 1,178 posts
                              • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:38 PM

A few more from me:

- At least one of Golden State, San Antonio, Atlanta and Cleveland will not make the conference finals.

- Dwight Howard averages under 30 minutes in the first round (I think he's going to be in foul trouble a lot in subsequent games).

- LaMarcus Aldridge will average the most points per game of anyone in the first round.

- At some point in the postseason Isaiah Thomas will register a blocked shot. <---Outlandish! (He had 5 blocks on the year).

- The total number of regular season wins by the teams that lose in the first round in the west will be greater than the total number of wins by the teams that won in the East.

ST

#20 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                              • 4,020 posts
                              • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

A few more from me:

- At least one of Golden State, San Antonio, Atlanta and Cleveland will not make the conference finals.

- Dwight Howard averages under 30 minutes in the first round (I think he's going to be in foul trouble a lot in subsequent games).

- LaMarcus Aldridge will average the most points per game of anyone in the first round.

- At some point in the postseason Isaiah Thomas will register a blocked shot. <---Outlandish! (He had 5 blocks on the year).

- The total number of regular season wins by the teams that lose in the first round in the west will be greater than the total number of wins by the teams that won in the East.

ST

Interesting....that one is going to be tough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users