Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  YaoMan : (18 May 2015 - 09:17 PM) Ariza should guard Thompson and whoever is on Curry needs to body him up. If he drives, give him a mid-range and if he gets really close, have Howard help. Let Curry dish to Bogut. Bogut doesn't have hands or jumping ability like Blake/DJ so there won't be lobs there. They key is to shut down GSW 3 point shooting - when the make 12+ 3 pointers, they are pretty much guaranteed to win. I'll take my chances with Bogut trying to go for 30 from all the drop/dump off passes...
@  Dan G : (18 May 2015 - 11:26 AM) Well we are playing with the house's money as far as I'm concerned, so any future success is just bonus for an awesome season.
@  Willk : (17 May 2015 - 10:58 PM) McWin!!! I coining that phrase!
@  cointurtlemoose : (17 May 2015 - 10:40 PM) I just think the Clippers' "collapse" over the last 3 games was 1) due to us actual playing good basketball, and 2) them being exhausted from not having any depth
@  cointurtlemoose : (17 May 2015 - 10:39 PM) And we're not even fully healthy now
@  cointurtlemoose : (17 May 2015 - 10:38 PM) Anyone else just crushing hard on Morey again? The way he has turned a "no depth" team into a deep, "any one of these 9 guys can hurt you" team in the past year has been incredible.
@  JY86er : (17 May 2015 - 10:37 PM) I would like to thank Charles Barkley for his vote of confidence this season. Rockets couldn't have done it without him.
@  SadLakerFan : (17 May 2015 - 10:29 PM) ,
@  SadLakerFan : (17 May 2015 - 10:28 PM) the series is one for the ages - astonishing.
@  SadLakerFan : (17 May 2015 - 10:28 PM) Tremendous performa
@  Mario Peña : (17 May 2015 - 10:24 PM) How sweet it is! (This team has met my minimum expectations in dramatic fashion now let's see these guys max out there potential)
@  majik19 : (17 May 2015 - 10:18 PM) also, remember when the Clippers had the best odds to win the championship? yeah we just knocked that team out.
@  jorgeaam : (17 May 2015 - 10:18 PM) I'd like to thank every so called "analyst" that had the Clippers winning this series, I didn't find a single one who thought otherwise
@  cointurtlemoose : (17 May 2015 - 10:18 PM) This might sound weird, but right now in this moment, I don't even care how we do. We could get swept. I am content with how we have fought back here
@  majik19 : (17 May 2015 - 10:18 PM) other than that nervousness in the middle of the 4th, what a win. wire-to-wire, beat them in every aspect of the game tonight.
@  jorgeaam : (17 May 2015 - 10:15 PM) YEAAAAH WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
@  cointurtlemoose : (17 May 2015 - 10:13 PM) YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS
@  jorgeaam : (17 May 2015 - 10:13 PM) Game Over
@  Mario Peña : (17 May 2015 - 10:09 PM) Ariza! Ok I'm good!!!
@  jorgeaam : (17 May 2015 - 10:09 PM) TREVOR ARIZAAAAAA

Photo

What makes this season a Success?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Success Criteria? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

What finish is required for this season to be considered a success?

1. NBA Champions (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

2. Western Conference Champions (1 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

3. Win 2nd Round (4 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

4. Win 1st Round (13 votes [56.52%])

Percentage of vote: 56.52%

5. It's Already a Success (1 votes [4.35%])

6. Other (1 votes [4.35%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 majik19

majik19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:38 PM

Now that we're one night away from playoff seeding, I'm wondering what it's going to take for this season to be considered a "success." It's a tough question for fans that is highly dependent on preseason expectations, previous years' success, and the factors surrounding the season. 

For some fans, it's always championship or bust. For the Spurs, that's really all there is, but on the other hand, they probably won't be too upset if they don't win since they just did last year. Heat fans must be really disappointed - they were not expecting to win a championship, but missing the playoffs entirely is pretty bad. Orlando fans may or may not be too upset - they probably weren't making the playoff this year, and they had a few players develop into potential starters.

But what about the Rockets? We got to see Motiejunas somewhat blossom, and some of Nick Johnson's and Clint Capela's potential, but their development doesn't scream "big leap" next year.

For me, I just want to see us make the next round. What about yall?

#2 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 3,999 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:58 AM

I want to see as many games as possible--which directly correlates to playoff success.  Mainly, I want to see the guys play with heart and leave it all on the court.  What more can one reasonably ask for?

96476ca527ce4c053c288787034f6f62.jpg

#3 majik19

majik19

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 173 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:11 AM

Now that we've gotten our preferred matchup... i really hope we don't screw it up. Somehow losing to the Mavericks would hurt more than anyone else (except for probably Portland again). 

#4 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 141 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:49 AM

Well, the only thing that would make it not a success would be losing in the first round. So I chose winning in the first round. Especially given our injuries.

But it might depend on who we play (hopefully) in the second round. If its the Spurs, it's more understandable. But if the Clips somehow get there, then I may be a little more disappointed with a second round loss (but I still wouldn't call it a failure).

#5 RudyT1995

RudyT1995

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 228 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:33 AM

I just want us to embarrass the Mavs in the 1st round and, more importantly, finish the post season without an injury setback for Dwight.  

This might sound crazy, but I think there's a chance that Dwight gets traded this summer.  I want him to finish the season healthy so we can get the best possible value for him.

Edited by RudyT1995, 16 April 2015 - 05:34 AM.

#6 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 200 posts
          • LocationIsrael

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:38 AM

A healthy DMo would have me going with WC champs, without him I would be happy to be surprised by a second round win.

#7 bernardo

bernardo

Rookie

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 52 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:50 AM

Voted for the first round win as well, since we clearly exceed expectations in this amazing regular season. Just one question: can the person who voted for other elaborate a little bit? Can't quite understand that scenario.

#8 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,178 posts
            • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:24 AM

To truly feel like this team has lived up to its potential I'd like to see them get to the conference finals. They're good enough to do it, I feel. But I would definitely settle for a first round victory, that's for sure.

ST

#9 YaoMan

YaoMan

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 168 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:01 PM

Like you ST, success would be to get to the Conference Finals...

#10 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 2,008 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:37 AM

Anything less then a ring and a parade is failure.

#11 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 4,037 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:41 AM

Ditto

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#12 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                • 2,278 posts
                • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

I could agree with this if Motijunas and Beverley were playing and Dwight was 90% (and the Warriors were more banged up). Right now I would be happy with the Conference Finals or losing to the eventual Champ.

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#13 majik19

majik19

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 173 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

Ditto

I don't want to sound snarky, but it feels like you guys must be disappointed - a lot. How many times have the teams you root for won championships in your lifetime? I've had 5 - two from the Rockets, 3 from the Cowboys. But there have been many other seasons and teams I've enjoyed, and many other seasons I would consider successes (though definitely not all of them!)

#14 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPip
                  • 654 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

Dmo would have made a huge difference, just having another mobile 7 footer who can create his own shot would have given me hope for winning it all. We are so small when Howard sits.

#15 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 2,008 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:19 AM

I don't want to sound snarky, but it feels like you guys must be disappointed - a lot. How many times have the teams you root for won championships in your lifetime? I've had 5 - two from the Rockets, 3 from the Cowboys. But there have been many other seasons and teams I've enjoyed, and many other seasons I would consider successes (though definitely not all of them!)

But wouldn't you feel disappointment when the last buzzer sounded on the Rockets season? I'm not saying it is all failure, for this team has been successful, but to lose in any series would mean the Rockets failed.

#16 majik19

majik19

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 173 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:32 PM

Season = success.

I'd almost be more disappointed at this point to beat the Warriors and lose to the Cavs in the Finals than vice versa. (Yes - I am completely counting out the Hawks). 

#17 Willk

Willk

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 277 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:01 PM

Season = success.

I'd almost be more disappointed at this point to beat the Warriors and lose to the Cavs in the Finals than vice versa. (Yes - I am completely counting out the Hawks). 

I feel this season is a success. this organization is headed in the right direction!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users