Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 01:42 AM) one bullet left in the chamber is diff than fully loaded and ready to go. Still stupid...but not like he was prepared for a shooting spree.
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) http://www.tmz.com/2...t-get-arrested/
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) So according to TMZ (I know, I know) Dwight Howard had an incident last month in which he took a loaded gun into an airport, but he was allowed to give it to a friend to take it back and wasn't arrested.

Photo

A glance at the Houston Rockets' schedule for the week of March 1 through March 7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

New post: A glance at the Houston Rockets' schedule for the week of March 1 through March 7
    By: Rahat Huq

Screenshot 2015-03-01 10.47.06

Five games in seven nights, including three in a row against three of the strongest finals contenders in the league.  The East's representative in late May will surely be one of Cleveland or Atlanta.  Take note that the game against Cleveland today will begin at 2:30, rather than the 6PM listed originally on the Rockets' web site, as it was picked up by ABC.

The Cavs will be without Kyrie Irving, but are just as dangerous, with Lebron James on a mission.  After his performance last week against the Warriors, one can expect James to take similar aim at the Rockets' James Harden.

That Tuesday/Wednesday back to back will be murderous, and Houston would have to feel good about even getting a split.  And then, with a back to back against Detroit and Denver, in games you would expect the team to win, the fear is that the exhaustion from the week will reflect in the results.

Screenshot 2015-03-01 11.00.09

Having now gone 7-3 in their last ten, and winning four straight, the Rockets have put some distance between themselves and the rest of the pack, a feat truly remarkable considering their injury status.  Houston could even conceivably catch Memphis, with just two games separating the teams.  But they'll have to get through this week first, and that will truly be a test.

#2 Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 213 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

Hollinger's statistical prediction system has us going 14-10 the rest of the way, which would give the Rox 54 wins.  That seems about right, given the difficulty of our remaining schedule.  If you had told me at the beginning of the year that Jones and Howard would each miss 30 to 40 games, I would not have predicted 54 wins.

#3 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 166 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:36 PM

^Very true.

I thought I had remembered this, and I just checked that, surprisingly, we're 10-4 on the second game of a back to back. But then again I don't think we've ever had a four day gauntlet with three opponents this tough.

I might get to go to that Denver game!!

#4 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
        • 4,119 posts
        • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:00 PM

I thought this would be a good time (and place) to brag about Houston's season.

According to ESPN's NBA Standings Page, Houston is in some rare company.

First, we are 5-0 in OT games.  Nice!

We are 18-15 against teams above .500 (and if you take out the 4 Warriors L's we are 18-11!).  Only 4 teams in the league have a better record in this category: Atlanta (21-8), Chicago (17-12), Golden State (20-8), and Memphis (19-12).  Pretty cool.

We are 5-1 in games decided by 3 points or less.  (the best percentage in the WC and 3rd best in the league.  Amazingly, Brooklyn is tied with Chicago for 1st.)

Out of everyone in the SW Division, New Orleans has the best in-division record at 6-4 (Who would have guessed that?!?!).  We are 3rd best at 5-5 behind Memphis.

We are 9-0 against the Atlantic Division.  We are 10-1 against the NW Division.

That's all.   :)

#5 YaoMan

YaoMan

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 170 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:22 PM

My only thought is that Rahat is quite inaccurate about putting some distance between the Rockets and the rest of the pack. Current seeds 4-7 are still right there. How is it some distance when Portland is only back 1 game in the loss column? I will say this though: Only the Warriors, Blazers and Rockets rank in the top 10 in both offense and defense so that is a good sign for being a playoff contender.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users