Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (28 February 2015 - 06:31 AM) gutty win by the good guys tonight, big week coming up needed this! The Basketball Jones!
@  jorgeaam : (28 February 2015 - 03:53 AM) T Jones is a beast
@  Dan G : (28 February 2015 - 03:45 AM) Indeed and we got to 40 wins before 20 losses so Phil Jackson would be pleased.
@  cointurtlemoose : (28 February 2015 - 03:36 AM) TJOOOONNNEEESSSSSSS
@  thejohnnygold : (27 February 2015 - 04:31 PM) @losthief--I know exactly what it is--my ex-wife is English. How about we just don't cuss in the shoutbox, on the front page of an ESPN affiliated site, when we know it's against the rules? It's in the terms of use and it's not a game. If you need to cuss in your posts every other Rockets' forum allows that and all sorts of other behavior--go there to get it out of your system. The editing I do is a courtesy--the reality is warnings and bans are prescribed for violations. Sorry for the harshness, but I want the point to be clear for everyone.

Also, if you don't think UK English is a different language go over there and spend some time talking to folks--and not the posh ones with the stiff upper lips.
@  Losthief : (27 February 2015 - 01:26 AM) to be clear what i used jg was an english word...but i get you, didn't mean it as a curse word...thats urban slangs fault, its a middle english word.
@  cointurtlemoose : (26 February 2015 - 09:37 PM) "James Harden didn't practice today. Coach Kevin McHale told reporters Harden's right ankle was swollen and sore. He got treatment." - via Calvin Watkins
@  YaoMan : (26 February 2015 - 08:08 PM) @ jorgearm, Prigioni played well in his time on the floor. He could prove very helpful for the stretch run
@  YaoMan : (26 February 2015 - 08:07 PM) @ Incubus, give it time. KJ may see some time later but he's too fresh and needs practice with the team and I am still under the impression that this is a trade asset as well
@  YaoMan : (26 February 2015 - 08:06 PM) Does anyone know the condition of the Harden's ankle?
@  Incubus2803 : (26 February 2015 - 06:57 PM) Kj McDaniels was never going to play for this team. Morey saw someone that was shining (presumably) in his defensive metrics, with athleticism bubbling out of him, and trusted that we could teach him to shoot. Remember the part about Smoove not leaving the gym till he sank 200 3s? Yea...
@  thejohnnygold : (26 February 2015 - 05:36 PM) Cursing in another language is still cursing. Sorry. By the way, this is not a game--let's not start that, please.
@  Losthief : (26 February 2015 - 06:08 AM) i kno...my heart can't take the *looks thru thesaurus* agony and the ecstasy of it all (does that work jg?)
@  cointurtlemoose : (26 February 2015 - 03:26 AM) Harden's gotta stop scaring me by having these close calls......
@  jorgeaam : (26 February 2015 - 03:09 AM) I'm still wondering where KJ McDaniels is at
@  jorgeaam : (26 February 2015 - 03:03 AM) Well, it seems Prigioni actually enjoys playing with a real team for a change.
@  jorgeaam : (26 February 2015 - 03:02 AM) Same question I get when I see Tyson Chandler and Dallas
@  Sir Thursday : (26 February 2015 - 02:19 AM) So the question is: why don't the Clippers just throw an alley-oop to Jordan every time? The Rockets only seem to be able to stop it about one time in three...
@  Cooper : (26 February 2015 - 01:58 AM) crawford going off and harden doing nothing. Surprised they're still in the game
@  jorgeaam : (26 February 2015 - 01:43 AM) T Jones hustling

Photo

Bill Worrel calling Dwight out for refusing to play pick and roll with Harden on air

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 King's Gambit Accepted

King's Gambit Accepted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

Bill Worrel called Dwight out for refusing to play pick and roll with Harden on air during last nights game vs. nets.

What was the Dwights answer? I didnt understood what Dwight answered my english is not very sharp and it seemed Dwight started beating around the bush when Worrel cut him and said: 'Just concentrate on that(pnr), will you please!'

#2 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 3,889 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

I didn't see the interview, but I am just going to presume that this is not true--at least not in the spirit you seem to think it is.  It is more likely that you heard what you wanted to hear.

Can anyone confirm/deny his assertion?

#3 bernardo

bernardo

• Members
    • Pip
    • 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

I didn't see the interview, but I am just going to presume that this is not true--at least not in the spirit you seem to think it is.  It is more likely that you heard what you wanted to hear.

Can anyone confirm/deny his assertion?

Your guess is correct . I saw it, Bill was talking about PnR and he alluded to the sucess that harden and howard had in the playoffs running it. He never mention post-ups or anything like that.

#4 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 3,889 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:13 PM

Cool.  Thanks!

#5 King's Gambit Accepted

King's Gambit Accepted

• Members
      • Pip
      • 41 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

Your guess is correct . I saw it, Bill was talking about PnR and he alluded to the sucess that harden and howard had in the playoffs running it. He never mention post-ups or anything like that.

did i mention that he said something about postups or anything like that?...no.... he was just wondering why they didnt run that play more often and of course laughing all the time  he said verbatim WILL YOU PLEASE JUST CONCENTRATE ON THAT(PLAY)

btw how it can be that you didnt saw the interview johny gold? it was during the game? did you listen to nets announcers perhaps?

Edited by King's Gambit Accepted, 28 February 2015 - 05:49 PM.

#6 King's Gambit Accepted

King's Gambit Accepted

• Members
        • Pip
        • 41 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:53 PM

did i mention that he said something about postups or anything like that?...no.... he was just wondering why they didnt run that play more often and of course laughing all the time  he said verbatim WILL YOU PLEASE JUST CONCENTRATE ON THAT(PLAY)

btw how it can be that you didnt saw the interview johny gold? it was during the game? did you listen to nets announcers perhaps?

and he added why cant you run it more often as chris paul and deandre jordan the other night did....

Edited by King's Gambit Accepted, 28 February 2015 - 05:53 PM.

#7 FEntropy

FEntropy

• Members
          • Pip
          • 8 posts
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

and he added why cant you run it more often as chris paul and deandre jordan the other night did....

I remember it Gambit. I'll re watch that part and let you know.

#8 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
          • 3,889 posts
          • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

Because I recorded it and watched when I got home with the sound off.  

Just re-watched it now with sound.  Bill said nothing like what you are implying.  In short, he said this:

-----------------------------

Bill: Gosh, after watching that last game the pick n roll that Paul and Jordan run is very good.  You and James run a very good pick n roll as well.  Will you concentrate more on that moving forward?

Dwight: Yes.  We did a great job of it last year in the playoffs.  We need to get that more involved in the offense because it is such a good play and it gets everyone going and everyone involved.

Bill: Thanks Dwight.  Talk to you later.  I like your suit.

----------------------------

I don't know how you heard what you heard--apparently your English wasn't so good on that conversation.  He wasn't wondering why they didn't run it all the time.  He wasn't laughing the whole time.  He didn't compare them to Paul/Jordan except to say theirs is good like yours.  He did not say "verbatim" will you please just concentrate on that [play].  He asked if they planned on concentrating on it more moving forward.

We try to keep things factual around here and frown on gossip, rumors, and unsubstantiated claims.  We prefer people cite, or link to, their sources and that those sources bear some level of respectability.  (We've literally had a person try to claim a teenage girls' facebook post as a legitimate source--it was not.)

Perhaps, you can choose your wording more carefully instead of starting out with a click-bait title and opening line that more resembles trolling than anything else.  It would have been better to simply come in and ask about the interview on the whole rather than proclaiming you heard something that clearly was not said.

Let's keep things on the level.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users