Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  cointurtlemoose : (05 February 2015 - 04:09 AM) Catharsis!
@  Mario Peña : (03 February 2015 - 10:08 PM) Nice one jorgeaam
@  jorgeaam : (03 February 2015 - 09:56 PM) Time to check all of my past posts
@  thejohnnygold : (03 February 2015 - 09:35 PM) Been doing this for a while...try to use a different, somewhat ridiculous one each time.
@  Losthief : (03 February 2015 - 09:24 PM) im not upset at the change...i get that and noted...i was just curious about the choice of term to replace it with thats all.
@  Mario Peña : (03 February 2015 - 05:25 PM) Good job dad!
@  thejohnnygold : (03 February 2015 - 05:23 PM) That would be me. If you cuss in your posts I will change them to something more....appropriate :)
@  Mario Peña : (03 February 2015 - 03:48 AM) Watt?
@  Losthief : (03 February 2015 - 02:25 AM) also...gee-golly willikers??? is that the auto-correct or is some moderator got some early 1900s in him/her.
@  Mario Peña : (02 February 2015 - 01:59 AM) Agreed, those are some horrible games. Were they on ABC or ESPN?
@  SadLakerFan : (01 February 2015 - 05:19 PM) who would have thought: Heat-Celtics and Lakers-Knicks and no one cares.
@  Cooper : (01 February 2015 - 06:18 AM) can't be giving up 28 to Kcp and augstin even if its the second game of the same day.
@  Losthief : (01 February 2015 - 06:18 AM) yeah my heart about fell out of my chest when he was just layin there in the 2nd...i was like oh gee-golly willikers...
@  Mario Peña : (01 February 2015 - 06:14 AM) I am glad Harden played through whatever happened and played like a man on a mission.
@  Losthief : (01 February 2015 - 03:16 AM) good news: Harden came back after scare looking great. Which for me is more impt than beating a east team on the road on the 2nd half of a back to back.
@  Losthief : (01 February 2015 - 03:15 AM) bad news: We came up short on the rally
@  rocketrick : (31 January 2015 - 07:16 PM) MM complaining about the home crowds at Rockets game apparently from his vantage point watching the games on TV is a joke. I'm a season ticket holder, so yes, I take MM's statements as an affront.
@  rocketrick : (31 January 2015 - 07:14 PM) MM claiming Josh Smith has had ONE good night on the offensive end is far from the truth. How about the Memphis game, the Chicago game, the OKC game, the Cleveland game amongst others. He double-doubled last night in Boston.
@  rocketrick : (31 January 2015 - 07:12 PM) Cousins actually did make the All-Star game, is Kobe's replacement.
@  cointurtlemoose : (31 January 2015 - 02:58 AM) Well, the first half of the game looked really good...

Photo

A look at the Houston Rockets' schedule for the week of February 1 through February 7

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

New post: A look at the Houston Rockets' schedule for the week of February 1 through February 7
    By: Rahat Huq

Screenshot 2015-02-01 11.04.18

A light week for the Rockets as they host the Bulls and Bucks, on Wednesday and Friday, respectively.  Houston owes the Bulls payback for a game they gift-wrapped to that team a few weeks ago.

Screenshot 2015-02-01 11.19.08

Three-way tie for third, essentially, with two up on the Mavericks.  Dwight will be out for what looks like a month, but that's ok.  It's more important for the big guy to be rested and healthy for the stretch run, than to climb in the standings.  And I do think Houston should be able to tread water without him, especially now with Terrence Jones back.

As I've been reporting, the bottom part of the standings is more compelling than the top, with Houston owning New Orleans' pick, Goran Dragic's situation unclear, and Oklahoma City representing the most serious threat to the Warriors.  If Dragic stays, who can Morey even trade the pick for?

#2 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 329 posts
    • LocationHouston

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:36 AM

You know what crazy(?), stupid (?) idea has been floating in my head lately. If we're sold on the fact that harden needs the ball in his hands (which I think is the general consensus even if i don't totally buy into it) and we can't get an 'elite' point guard. What about trading for a guy who plays sg who can guard point guards, especially the bigger ones we have trouble with (like westbrook, rose, john wall). I'm talking about arron afflalo. Solid to plus defender, good shooter, can penetrate, good in transition. Not a great passer or creator (out side a workable post game) but with Harden handling do we really need that?

The advantage you can play him in the backcourt still with Beverly at pg and slide him over to sg. Also when he wasn't playing with ty lawson (who is a assist machine) he did get more opportunities to create in orlando and did a passable job. He also shoots 3s really well from the corners, our perferred shot.

Anyways outside of crazy thoughts like above:

pg (really our need position) who would help us that are out there for possible (?) trade is rubio, lawson (maybe but would need more than the pick to entice i think), calderon. I mean other than lawson im not sure that im starting that guy over beverly. Maybe rubio...but the non-shooting hurts, it be like ish smith all over again last year. 

Edited by Losthief, 03 February 2015 - 12:37 AM.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#3 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

Rookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 60 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:31 AM

^Good thoughts. I like your Afflalo idea. In Orlando and even in here in Denver, he's had to do a lot, but he strikes me as more of a guy that would like to pick his spots and surprise a defense, rather than being the professed 'go to' guy on a team.

The backcourt playmaker we're looking for, I think, should be our '6th man'; our Manu. Bev, despite his recent slump, still seems like an ideal fit next to Harden. I think we're looking for a playmaker off the bench, and/or someone who has some positional versatility. Like Afflalo. Or.......

Lance Stephenson.

I know he's kind of a maniac. And I know it looks like he forgot how to shoot.

But I'm just curious about him. He's enormously talented. I really thought this was going to be his breakout year...

But with him, it seems like it's coachability/fit issues. And that could be a situation we don't want.

It intrigues me, that's all :)

#4 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 3,807 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:48 AM

If we're talking trades I like Isaiah Thomas a lot.  Personally, I'd prefer to ride out the season and pick up someone in the off season via free agency.  It's about finding a guy who can do what Harden does when defenses collapse on him.  Stephenson is intriguing for many reasons, but I am very much against that for many, many reasons.

#5 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

Rookie

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 60 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:13 AM

^Agreed! Isaiah Thomas! I've been on the Thomas wagon too!

I don't think we could pry him away from Phoenix this season, as they're seriously contending for the playoffs. But, come offseason, I think it's a possibility for sure, as I think they would be able to part with him, even after a good season, for some other pieces that they need more.

Everyone get on the Thomas wagon!!

#6 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 329 posts
        • LocationHouston

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:20 AM

And isn't he a lefty too?

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#7 Steven

Steven

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,966 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:30 AM

Canaan > Thomas

#8 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

Rookie

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 60 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:39 AM

#freecanaan

#9 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
            • 3,807 posts
            • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:53 PM

Canaan > Thomas

I'm definitely ok with this.  When I was looking back through game logs to see how starting PG's had fared against Beverley I came across quite a few where Canaan had started (during Bev's injury) and opposing PG's not only took fewer shots than they averaged, but shot a below average percentage.

Checking out some stats, in the 9 games he has played this season as a starter he has posted these numbers:

Ortg: 109

Drtg: 101

+/-: +11.2

3pt%: 42.9% (24/56)

Now, it must be noted that of those games he only played against 2 quality opponents: GSW and LAC.  (I don't count SA because they sat Duncan and Ginobili, but he did help hold Parker to 3-8 shooting and just 1 assist).  Other than that it was , Bos, Phi (2x), Min, Sac, and NYK.

Opposing PG's in games Canaan started:

Rondo:      2-9 w/ 8 ast

Wroten:   7-16 w/ 4 ast

Curry:    13-19 w/ 5 ast

LaVine:     2-9 w/ 9 ast

Wroten:   7-16 w/ 8 ast

Calderon:  3-7 w/ 5 ast

Sessions:  3-8 w/ 3 ast

Paul:         3/7 w/ 7 ast

Parker:      3/8 w/ 1 ast

Not too shabby.  Outside of the GS and MIN games he posted a positive +/-.

Not sure what's keeping him glued to the bench....This may all change by the time the trade deadline passes...one way or the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users