Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Cooper : (22 January 2015 - 07:05 AM) Need to find or develop a second weapon on offense dwight has too many matchup limitations.
@  Matt Maloney... : (22 January 2015 - 06:13 AM) Silver Lining: SHVED looks more that cap filler.
@  Matt Maloney... : (22 January 2015 - 06:12 AM) So... EYE TEST tells me that we were playing better Defense when we had that Tarik Black and Joey Dorsey splitting minutes.
@  Mario Peña : (22 January 2015 - 06:09 AM) Looks like we should have seen more Brewer and Dorsey and less Ariza and Smith. I wonder what impact Jones could have had.
@  Mario Peña : (22 January 2015 - 05:57 AM) Jet!!!
@  Matt Maloney... : (22 January 2015 - 05:39 AM) lets go small and jack up threes
@  Matt Maloney... : (22 January 2015 - 05:38 AM) Can we say screw it? Harden, Brewer, Ariza, Dmo, K-Pap
@  Mario Peña : (22 January 2015 - 05:38 AM) Harden can't do it alone. The Warriors are just better right now on most nights. I think the Rockets are about a year behind the Warriors when it comes to continuity.
@  thenit : (22 January 2015 - 05:31 AM) its a massacre,tough to swallow with two of these in a week. luckily the west is stacked and its all about matchups
@  cointurtlemoose : (22 January 2015 - 04:40 AM) Okay now we're kinda getting pooped on...
@  Matt Maloney... : (22 January 2015 - 04:29 AM) Warriors are having too much fun
@  Matt Maloney... : (22 January 2015 - 04:29 AM) We have to dirty this game up!
@  jorgeaam : (16 January 2015 - 01:45 AM) Wow, Rockets leading 40-18 after 1Q against OKC
@  cointurtlemoose : (15 January 2015 - 04:15 AM) And we seemed to be fighting lethargy on our D all night, and too heavily depending on rim protection that had been dragged out of the paint via Vucevic. Oh, and turnovers.
@  cointurtlemoose : (15 January 2015 - 04:13 AM) Coming off of that CHI win, Orlando was clicking; I was actually kinda impressed.
@  Mario Peña : (15 January 2015 - 03:52 AM) What happened? I just got home from work and see the Rockets lost to Orlando.
@  jorgeaam : (13 January 2015 - 06:15 AM) What were you expecting? He's been a poor shooter all his career :P
@  SadLakerFan : (13 January 2015 - 04:54 AM) Maybe Smith was a good pickup after all. In the 4 games since Boston Rondo is 7-37 (18.9%), 0 FT, )3PG. Atrocious.
@  jorgeaam : (10 January 2015 - 07:53 PM) The Knicks are losing 89-44 trough 3 quarters today
@  cointurtlemoose : (10 January 2015 - 07:25 PM) Shoutout to Tarik having a monster 17 min for the Lakers last night!

Photo

Clint Capela

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

Suddenly, Clint Capela has emerged as a major prospect with amazing shot blocking skills, great hands, and a surprisingly good shot.  If Capela continues his current trajectory, which has so far been astonishing, he could be a  contributor off the bench this year. He also, inevitably, becomes a major trade asset.  I don't know what to think of the possible implications, but I'd love to hear what the Red94 community thinks of this development.  Podcast topic, Rahat?  Savor these links:

http://dleague.nba.c...howcase-011615/

http://dleague.nba.c...eakdown-010815/

#2 Steven

Steven

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,953 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:40 PM

I saw he was averaging roughly 13 and 8 in only 18 minutes a game. Maybe he isn't 2 years away from being 2 years away as a certain International Draft expert said.

#3 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,544 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:42 PM

Wasn't that about brian caboclo?

Why so Serious? :D

#4 Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 199 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

Capela's per 36 stats are off the charts, something like 27 points, 16 rebounds, and 5.5 blocks.  Lots of dunks, but one really interesting stat: he shoots 68 percent from the line this season.  That's not exactly Curry-like, but Capela is not another D'Andre Jordan, either.  He seems to have real shooting skills.

#5 Steven

Steven

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,953 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:26 PM

For those who have NBA TV you can watch the D-Leaguers tonight at 9 pm. Johnson, Canaan, and Capela.

#6 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
          • Pip
          • 45 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:45 PM

Capela's per 36 stats are off the charts, something like 27 points, 16 rebounds, and 5.5 blocks.  Lots of dunks, but one really interesting stat: he shoots 68 percent from the line this season.  That's not exactly Curry-like, but Capela is not another D'Andre Jordan, either.  He seems to have real shooting skills.

Going into the NBA, that would be the kicker. I didn't realize he was 6'9", I thought he was taller...

But yeah, loads of athleticism and spring, and only 20 yrs old! I just think developing at least an operational mid-range shot would be key though.

#7 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 309 posts
            • LocationHouston

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:12 AM

he could possibly still grow...i grew another 2.5 inches in college (about 21-22) from 6'1 to 6'3/6'4ish so at 20 he might not be done yet.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#8 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
            • Pip
            • 45 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:42 AM

^Good point actually. I feel like I should have thought of that...

Actually watching the D-League game on NBA TV currently, and holy crap, the pace these two teams are playing at... it's like another sport...

#9 Mitchell Felker

Mitchell Felker

Rookie

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 76 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

As I remember it, the Rockets only took him because they were still in the frame of mind that they would keep parsons and get bosh, and they wanted someone to stash overseas to avoid his cap hold. I kind of wish he had stayed in Europe for one more year, develop, and stay off a rookie contract a bit longer.

I haven't watched any Vipers ball, but in the few minutes he got with the Rockets, I was shocked how fluid of an athlete he is. I wasnt expecting someone so...serge ibaka-ish? (Then again, maybe Javale McGee-ish). He's definitely a nice asset to go with Terrence Jones should the rockets decide to upgrade the point or anything else.

Edited by Mitchell Felker, 19 January 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#10 Steven

Steven

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                • 1,953 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

As I remember it, the Rockets only took him because they were still in the frame of mind that they would keep parsons and get bosh, and they wanted someone to stash overseas to avoid his cap hold. I kind of wish he had stayed in Europe for one more year, develop, and stay off a rookie contract a bit longer.

I haven't watched any Vipers ball, but in the few minutes he got with the Rockets, I was shocked how fluid of an athlete he is. I wasnt expecting someone so...serge ibaka-ish? (Then again, maybe Javale McGee-ish). He's definitely a nice asset to go with Terrence Jones should the rockets decide to upgrade the point or anything else.

The draft and stash was one of the reasons they took him, the other is he had third or fourth highest projected WAR in all of the draft. He has better moves in the post then I thought, I saw a hook with either hand last night. Apparently he was injured over the summer, so they have been working up his minutes. Will be nice to see if he gets a few games of experience with the Rockets at the end of the season, while they rest the starters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users