Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  08huangj : (01 January 2015 - 05:54 AM) Happy 2015 to all rockets fans
@  08huangj : (01 January 2015 - 05:52 AM) James played like a MVP last night
@  Cooper : (29 December 2014 - 02:30 AM) tough game for harden and bev
@  bboley24 : (29 December 2014 - 01:55 AM) This team is ridiculously talented
@  bboley24 : (29 December 2014 - 01:55 AM) In Morey We Trust.
@  jorgeaam : (29 December 2014 - 01:05 AM) Corey Brewer beasting tonight
@  jorgeaam : (28 December 2014 - 10:56 PM) And Josh Smith starting tonight
@  jorgeaam : (28 December 2014 - 10:56 PM) The Lakers claiming Tarik of waivers
@  BenQueens : (27 December 2014 - 04:14 AM) Some nice moves to the basket as well. It seemed like he was more comfortable passing as the game went on; hope that keeps up. Lot of potential with this roster.
@  cointurtlemoose : (27 December 2014 - 04:11 AM) He definitely helped us in winning that game. Those two offensive rebounds and at the end of OT were massive. Some really great passes as well.
@  BenQueens : (27 December 2014 - 04:05 AM) No, not the only one. But we saw a lot of what Smith brings to the table, too.
@  jorgeaam : (27 December 2014 - 01:37 AM) Am I the only one who cringed while watching Smith pulling up for a last-second 3 Pointer?
@  Cooper : (27 December 2014 - 01:31 AM) Smith getting good looks at the rim.
@  Cooper : (27 December 2014 - 01:06 AM) took the clips to 7 in the playoffs last year without him. I think they will adjust but they clearly have taken a step back.
@  Mario Peña : (26 December 2014 - 11:44 PM) I am just finishing up the GS Clips game and the Warriors look pretty weak without Bogut. It's just one game but I'm not impressed by their attempt to circle the wagons.
@  SadLakerFan : (25 December 2014 - 07:37 PM) OK. That's the move. Rockets are all in this season with Smith. Good risk.
@  08huangj : (25 December 2014 - 01:04 PM) Another christmas present for us fans: Jones can do running and jumping drills now.
@  jorgeaam : (24 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) Merry Christmas guys!
@  RudyT1995 : (24 December 2014 - 11:21 PM) Another lefty! Merry Christmas!
@  jorgeaam : (24 December 2014 - 06:14 PM) It seems he was assured he would become the starter

Photo

Rockets Roundup: 12/17/14

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

New post: Rockets Roundup: 12/17/14
    By: Kevin Kim

A quick and digestible look at the most top-of-mind Rockets news of the past few days.   

Hardwood Paroxysm. 15-footer: James Harden beats the MVP drum.

While the early season starts from some surprising MVP candidates have succumbed to gravity and slowly began to descend back to Earth, one young guard has come from the South to the forefront of the MVP conversation. The Houston Rockets are 18-5, have the second-best defense in the league, have survived without Dwight Howard, and James Harden is playing out of his mind right now.

Houston Chronicle. Isaiah Canaan expected back vs. Nuggets.

For a second consecutive game, the Rockets could get one of their injured players back on Wednesday, with guard Isaiah Canaan expected to return after missing seven games with a sprained ankle. Dwight Howard returned on Saturday. Forwards Kostas Papanikolaou and Terrence Jones, and guard/forward Francisco Garcia are out, but Papanikolaou hopes to return to the court, and possibly a game, next weekend.

NBA.com. Morning shootaround: December 17.

Reports: Wolves’ Brewer remains on trade radar for Cavs, Rockets – It’s been a while since Minnesota Timberwolves swingman Corey Brewer had his name bandied about in trade talks, but that chatter may be heating up again. Back in mid-November, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets were sniffing around on potential deals for him — which is something that hasn’t changed a month later.Chris Haynes of the Northeast Ohio Media Group has more on the Cavs’ interest in Brewer (and others) and Darren Wolfsen of ESPN1500 in Minneapolis has more on the Rockets’ interest in Brewer, too...

#2 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 3,733 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

I am surprised there hasn't been more chatter regarding Morey's self-imposed deadline of the 19th to use the TPE.  What do people think of possibly bringing in Brewer?  Who gets cut/traded?

I'm of the opinion that, like last season's Asik deadline, nothing is going to happen between now and then.

#3 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,111 posts
    • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

I think that self-imposed deadline probably weakens his bargaining position quite a lot (possibly to the point of defeating the purpose of having it in the first place). If other GMs see that he really wants to get a deal done before the 19th, they're going to use the threat of letting the days go by to avoid having to lower their price at the negotiating table. Or at least they should do if their smart. But then, I'm not on the phone calls (wish I was!)

ST

#4 adonneus

adonneus

• Members
    • Pip
    • 15 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:46 PM

I think that self-imposed deadline probably weakens his bargaining position quite a lot (possibly to the point of defeating the purpose of having it in the first place). If other GMs see that he really wants to get a deal done before the 19th, they're going to use the threat of letting the days go by to avoid having to lower their price at the negotiating table. Or at least they should do if their smart. But then, I'm not on the phone calls (wish I was!)

ST

I felt that way last year, and I am still mixed about his broadcasting of that intention. On the other hand, if he feels he already has a strong position and that many people want to trade with him, the deadline might be a good way to impose stress on the other GMs. He's saying that he's going to make a deal with someone, so if you're a GM, you better sweeten the deal to ensure that someone is you.

"Players for sale! Limited time only! Get yours before they're all gone!"

#5 jorgeaam

jorgeaam

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 322 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:04 AM

The Boston Celtics "are exhibiting a renewed willingness" to pursue trade packages that include Rajon Rondo, according to Yahoo! Sports.

http://t.co/4TTnUp67Uc

The Dallas Mavericks are serious suitors for Rajon Rondo, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Houston's discussed Rondo deal with Boston too.

https://twitter.com/...416186906034176

I don't want Rondo  :angry:

#6 Steven

Steven

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,944 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:54 AM

I would take Rondo for Garcia and Dorsey.

#7 jorgeaam

jorgeaam

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 322 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:44 AM

I would take Rondo for Garcia and Dorsey.

I always love your trades, but it seems he's going to the Mavs for Brandan Wright and a first

#8 Steven

Steven

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,944 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:39 AM

I tried trading for Covington, what happened?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users