Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  cointurtlemoose : (30 November 2014 - 04:32 AM) Totally agree, the injury bug is never fun, but I'm so glad our bench guys are getting consequential playing time, experiencing a variety of lineups
@  jorgeaam : (30 November 2014 - 04:29 AM) So the Rockets beat a team that was 10-7, doing so without Canaan, Bev, T-Jones, Howard, I like our odds when those guys come back
@  jorgeaam : (30 November 2014 - 04:22 AM) I wonder what did Giannis said to Harden to get a push from him, it seemed like nothing when it happened, that's irrelevant though, good game by the rockets tonight so far
@  Mario Pena (... : (30 November 2014 - 02:04 AM) I'm so glad there will be no Clyde on the call tonight. I think he's getting worse if that's possible.
@  Dayak : (29 November 2014 - 01:29 AM) Canaan's ballin'. Canaanball!!! Woohoo
@  rocketrick : (28 November 2014 - 03:46 PM) As a NBA fan, looking forward to seeing the Clips battle the Rockets. Not the same situation now as later, but an indication in my view. Just happy to see a quality game over the Thanksgiving weekend 2014
@  SadLakerFan : (27 November 2014 - 05:00 AM) Another brutal game from CP. Mavs somehow win despite going 4-31 from three-pt range.
@  jorgeaam : (27 November 2014 - 02:48 AM) So hack-a-Dorsey because Howard is not playing?
@  jorgeaam : (27 November 2014 - 01:30 AM) Hahaha, let's hope they don't
@  Dayak : (27 November 2014 - 01:20 AM) They have to find a way to stop Harden either
@  jorgeaam : (26 November 2014 - 08:24 PM) No Howard or Bev tonight, let's hope we find a way to stop Boogie
@  cointurtlemoose : (25 November 2014 - 03:13 AM) Harden is beasting
@  kdo : (24 November 2014 - 01:19 AM) Sigh...Howard's out...
@  Mario Pena (... : (23 November 2014 - 03:58 AM) Talk about surviving on defense and Harden delivering! Rockets beat the Mavs!
@  jorgeaam : (23 November 2014 - 03:44 AM) Yes! Nice win today
@  jorgeaam : (23 November 2014 - 03:37 AM) It's quite satisfactory to see Harden get an And-One against Parsons
@  jorgeaam : (23 November 2014 - 03:13 AM) Most three-point field-goal attempts, game
49-Dallas vs. New Jersey, March 5, 1996

Houston has 44 so far
@  jorgeaam : (23 November 2014 - 03:12 AM) WOW, 75 combined 3PA so far, NBA record for Most three-point field-goal attempts, both teams, game was 69
@  jorgeaam : (23 November 2014 - 01:51 AM) We're on pace to break the 3pm in a game record, 12 already with 6 min remaining in first half
@  jorgeaam : (23 November 2014 - 01:48 AM) Insane 3 point shooting so far

Photo

The Durant dream is dead.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:28 PM

While I'm not sure what was going through Durant's head, it must be something negative.

While it could be something as innocent as taking a shot at the most hated nba player in order to "toughen" up your image, I don't think Dwight would have liked it.

Why so Serious? :D

#2 cointurtlemoose

cointurtlemoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:54 PM

Meh.

It's a year and a half away.

#3 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 3,664 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:55 PM

While I'm not sure what was going through Durant's head, it must be something negative.

While it could be something as innocent as taking a shot at the most hated nba player in order to "toughen" up your image, I don't think Dwight would have liked it.

Is this confirmed?  All I've seen is that some guy from The Oklahoman, Anthony Slater, tweeted this.  I watched the video and could not discern much from it.

It is interesting if it is true that players are taking to attacking Dwight's character--I hope they keep it up.  Everyone has a breaking point and I hope they push Dwight into permanent "EFF-YOU" mode.

#4 Steven

Steven

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,890 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:59 AM

I say back to back championship will change KD's mind.

#5 Mario Pena (FSS)

Mario Pena (FSS)

Officer

• Moderators
      • 2,182 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:51 PM

I don't understand why the dream would be dead. This is classic instant reaction from a fans perspective in my opinion. These players curse at each other every single game. This one has been picked up by the national media because there's an ongoing narrative that's related to Dwight Howard that gets hits. If anything this should show Rockets that Durrant will have his teammates' backs no matter what. Whether he is on the court or off the court.

As long as Harden is on this team that Durant dream will live.

Like one of the broadcasters mentioned it is laughable that a guy who barely benches over 200 lbs. is sitting on the sideline with an injury calling people duragatory names. If you ask me this is an uber competitive matchup that brings out the extremes in the lead characters the whole time lending itself to the 24 news stream in desperate need of anything that could be portrayed as shocking.

Not all isolation plays are equal.

#6 Matt Maloney's Ghost

Matt Maloney's Ghost

• Members
      • Pip
      • 47 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

In all honesty, we need a bulldog on the frontline. I'm not saying Howard is soft, but he isn't the piddly-widdly-poo talking son-of-a-one-eyed-mule that stops this kind of nonsense.

A good example is Yao Ming, he used to get bullied and pushed around in the paint. And of course the officials would let them get away with it, but when the Rockets signed Artest. All that extra stuff stopped happening. 

#7 Mario Pena (FSS)

Mario Pena (FSS)

Officer

• Moderators
        • 2,182 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:36 PM

In all honesty, we need a bulldog on the frontline. I'm not saying Howard is soft, but he isn't the piddly-widdly-poo talking son-of-a-one-eyed-mule that stops this kind of nonsense.

A good example is Yao Ming, he used to get bullied and pushed around in the paint. And of course the officials would let them get away with it, but when the Rockets signed Artest. All that extra stuff stopped happening.

I completely agree and posted about this last season. Top and bottom Dwight is a patroller and he needs an enforcer on the frontline.

#8 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2,527 posts
        • LocationAlabama

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:47 PM

Perk should be cheap next year. Isn't he a FA? Plus we keep him away from other teams. But he might think he's a starter so...

Why so Serious? :D

#9 Mario Pena (FSS)

Mario Pena (FSS)

Officer

• Moderators
        • 2,182 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:15 PM

On first thought I like where you are going with that. Perkins, he has Beaumont ties. I wouldn't mind Turiaf either.

#10 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,620 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:27 PM

Turiaf is great statistically and if the rockets trade for brewer, best case scenario is they include Turiaf in that trade too to fill the backup center. His contract is 1.6m which added with brewer's 4.7m easily fits in the Lin trade exception. The wolves might be incline to trade him with the center minutes being filled by Pek and IMO a future premier center in dieng.

#11 clydesmoustache

clydesmoustache

Rookie

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 53 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:35 AM

Turiaf is great statistically and if the rockets trade for brewer, best case scenario is they include Turiaf in that trade too to fill the backup center. His contract is 1.6m which added with brewer's 4.7m easily fits in the Lin trade exception. The wolves might be incline to trade him with the center minutes being filled by Pek and IMO a future premier center in dieng.

With two extra contracts who gets cut from our roster? I am guessing Black but who else? Troy Daniels? Garcia?

#12 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,620 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:45 AM

Black and garcia. Maybe Dorsey instead of black if Leslie is willing to spend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users