Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jorgeaam : (02 August 2014 - 05:26 PM) I don't think he would play for a team without real championship possibilities
@  Buckko : (02 August 2014 - 02:33 PM) Anyone see marion going to the pacers now since they have a disable player exception and lack a wing.
@  Buckko : (02 August 2014 - 02:24 PM) PG just suffered a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula. Would be a lot worst if he hurt anything knee related.
@  Buckko : (02 August 2014 - 02:23 PM) West's contract is too big at 12m.
@  jorgeaam : (02 August 2014 - 06:21 AM) And then we might be able to go for west if the price is right, altough I don't think he benefits us a lot having T-Jones
@  jorgeaam : (02 August 2014 - 06:20 AM) It remains to be seen the extent of PG injury, but I guess if it is really serious they might try to blow it up and build it again while he recovers, a team carried by West and Hibbert will go nowhere
@  miketheodio : (02 August 2014 - 05:39 AM) if pacers go full rebuild, do you try to get david west?
@  jorgeaam : (02 August 2014 - 03:11 AM) Looked like Shaun Livingston's injury from years ago
@  jorgeaam : (02 August 2014 - 03:08 AM) I would say by watching it he's out for the year
@  jorgeaam : (02 August 2014 - 03:08 AM) Wow, Paul George suffered a gruesome leg injury in team USA scrimmage game
@  thenit : (01 August 2014 - 12:18 AM) Of course he does because they are good friends, it's bragging rights. So I take that pride with a lot of sallt
@  txtdo1411 : (31 July 2014 - 07:02 PM) If you all haven't watched the video of PG, KD, and Harden taking turns going one on one... Check it out. It is definitely entertaining and shows Harden at least taking pride in stopping KD.
@  slick shoes : (31 July 2014 - 06:04 PM) Rockets v Mavericks preseason opener October 7th. Let the countdown begin.
@  jorgeaam : (31 July 2014 - 03:25 AM) So it seems Kevin Love to the Cavs is a when not an if, things just got better in the east
@  bboley24 : (25 July 2014 - 02:32 AM) D League or not... he's here and he's working out with the best... it's good for all around... Sergio.
@  Buckko : (25 July 2014 - 12:16 AM) Well shots fired between harden and parsons.
@  majik19 : (24 July 2014 - 09:09 PM) He'll spend likely the whole season with the D-league team. He's 4th on the depth chart, at best.
@  txtdo1411 : (24 July 2014 - 03:51 PM) I like it as well YaoMan. You can't ever have enough long and athletic big men. It will be nice to see how he develops.
@  YaoMan : (24 July 2014 - 03:40 PM) Rockets sign Clint Capela and has been added to their regular season roster - I like this. He's got a high ceiling...
@  slick shoes : (22 July 2014 - 03:11 AM) live by the three, die by the three.

Photo

Is James Harden becoming one of the most hated NBA players?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

Seems like it's the consensus now among general NBA fans that James Harden is not a top 10 player. Funny what a 11 minute of a player not playing defense can do to his public perception. Someone on youtube made a pretty neat response to that video, showing that it's just as easy to make a video collaboration making Harden look like a phenomenal defender:

There's no denying that the intricacies of team defense seem to allude James Harden more times than not, I can't remember ever seeing him hedge on an off-the-ball screen, but that same thing can be said about guys like Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose, Damian Lillard, Kyrie Irving, Monta Ellis... ect. Yet for some reason James Harden seems to get a lot more flack for his defense than these guys do. Is it just me or is James Harden becoming one of the most hated players in the league? 

Edited by 2016Champions, 31 July 2014 - 08:47 PM.

"We're not satisfied with where we're at, but we're optimistic on where things will go from here" - Daryl Morey

#2 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

txtdo mentioned in the chat box that there's a video of Kevin Durant, Harden, and Paul George playing king of the hill at a Team USA practice that's a must see video. I believe he was talking about this: 

"We're not satisfied with where we're at, but we're optimistic on where things will go from here" - Daryl Morey

#3 txtdo1411

txtdo1411

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

That is the video I was talking about. It's about the best thing we have to watch right now in the off-season. Harden's shot looked extremely confident. I have a feeling by age 28, that step back of his is going to be one of the deadliest shots in the game. 

#4 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

Even though the analytics suggest that mid-range shots are the most inefficient shot in basketball, a newer study has shown that mid-range shots are actually more efficient than contested 3's if there is less than 3 seconds on the clock. That step back-midrange shot Harden is diligently refining into a sharp weapon may very well indeed become one of the deadliest shots in the game one day, in the sense that it will be a reliable go-to move against the toughest of defenses during critical moments. 

Edited by 2016Champions, 31 July 2014 - 09:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users