Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  slick shoes : (17 July 2014 - 06:06 PM) Ballmer is pretty new. Maybe I can sneak one in on him before he realizes what he's doing.
@  rockets best... : (17 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Cuban already spent his money......maybe Jordan.....oh he spent his money to better hurry the fools are running out
@  slick shoes : (17 July 2014 - 04:55 PM) Maybe I should give Cuban a call...
@  slick shoes : (17 July 2014 - 04:51 PM) I want a max contract but that doesn't mean I deserve or will get one.
@  rocketrick : (17 July 2014 - 04:46 PM) Reports are Bledsoe wants a Max contract.
@  YaoMan : (17 July 2014 - 04:25 PM) Bledsoe and PHX are far apart on a deal. He would be a great two way PG but he's probably too expensive...
@  Cooper : (16 July 2014 - 03:25 PM) He got slightly more per year and it sets him up for another chance at a huge deal when he's 26 if he keeps the crazy stuff down.
@  bladad : (16 July 2014 - 01:38 PM) Any chance his obvious talent is overshadowed by his JR Smith like character issues?
@  slick shoes : (16 July 2014 - 12:41 PM) I dont really understand why he took less money to leave Indy. Must have been a lot going on behind the scenes that will be revealed in the future. Maybe we could steal West away from them. Oh who am I kidding...
@  rocketrick : (16 July 2014 - 12:21 PM) Hornets were more than willing to overpay for Hayward and will end up with a Head Case in Stevenson that will either turn into a Genius move or TNT (dynamite, not the channel)....
@  rocketrick : (16 July 2014 - 12:17 PM) Mavs have no Cap Space after the Poison Pill contract for Parsons
@  slick shoes : (16 July 2014 - 12:15 PM) Apparently Lance Stevenson was headed to the Mavs but CP ate up too much money.
@  kdo : (16 July 2014 - 04:56 AM) In other news, Lebron pulled Mike Miller to Cleveland
@  YaoMan : (15 July 2014 - 10:25 PM) On my Ariza defense - not in a manner that I think he would succeed in slowing someone down but spot duty - just a crazy thought in my head for the day
@  YaoMan : (15 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) @bladad the Rockets could have kept him on for one more year at his rookie contract so technically yes they did
@  bladad : (15 July 2014 - 06:46 PM) @ Yaoman He's a RFA, the rockets aren't letting him out of his rookie contract...
@  bladad : (15 July 2014 - 06:45 PM) @yaoman don't think he's going to succeed. He's not the super physical type of defender that can move him off his spot. That length is his best attribute on defense.
@  thejohnnygold : (15 July 2014 - 06:34 PM) @yaoman, I think so
@  YaoMan : (15 July 2014 - 06:27 PM) Am I the only person crazy enough to think that Ariza might see time defending a LMA type player?
@  slick shoes : (15 July 2014 - 06:04 PM) Ezekiel 25:17....

Photo

The Red94 Podcast: On Parsons, Rondo

74 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

New post: The Red94 Podcast: On Parsons, Rondo
    By: rahat huq

In today's episode, Forrest Walker and I break down the Parsons decision; the Rajon Rondo trade rumors are also heavily featured.

Download this episode (right click and save)

Subscribe to The Red94 Podcast on itunes.

#2 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,137 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

Rondo would be a very good add and seems like he would be attainable with the lin trade exception the pells pick and another young guy boston would choose. He has championship experience and probably would have punched Harden out on the court when he was moping about in a fricking playoff game, also a guy that tells the team whoever gives up a game winning three to the best shooter on the court with .9 seconds left better not come back into the locker room. 

If Rondo is a no go, I'd double check how attached phx is to Bledsoe, not the playmaker rondo is but a good fit none the less.

Love is just to much to ask for with limited assets. They are wanting Wiggens from the cavs and it isn't an unreasonable ask for Love we just can't match that.

#3 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 148 posts
      • LocationIsrael

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

Really liked Forrest's closing comment - this was the height of GM panic season and it got some of them back to the days of let's-pay-too-much-money-for-players-who-aren't-worth-that-much, which the new CBA put to rest for some time. MIA and DAL will regret those bad contracts sooner or later. When the market goes insane better stay away from it, signing Ariza and Daniels to rational contracts is close to the best you can do.

#4 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,726 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

@Rahat/Forrest

good podcast guys. I agree with most of what you say. I also agree Morey isn't through building the team for this season. Rondo would be nice, but I don't think Morey will be looking at only Love and Rondo to fill that last star position. Morey wants to maintain this flexibility so  he can be opportunistic. to assume that only Love and Rondo are on the radar would be underestimating Morey

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#5 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 3,256 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

This is how Chandler is going to feel pretty soon.  That $46M also comes with a whole lot of responsibility.  Hopefully, he can handle it, but there will definitely be interviews like this one in his future.

*thanks to the fan who posted this over on reddit.com

#6 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,726 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

@JG

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:..........at least he admits it :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#7 YaoMan

YaoMan

Rookie

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 82 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

This is how Chandler is going to feel pretty soon.  That $46M also comes with a whole lot of responsibility.  Hopefully, he can handle it, but there will definitely be interviews like this one in his future.

*thanks to the fan who posted this over on reddit.com

And we also know that Parsons isn't anywhere in the same planet when it comes to basketball skills and talent compared to T-mac! I was cracking up about the fans who ordered the Heinekens and got Bud instead!!! Good throw back video...

#8 pretty pleaze parsons

pretty pleaze parsons

• Members
        • Pip
        • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

Am I the only one to suspect that Norwitzski and Cuban do under-the-table payments?

Cuban has stated that he has in the past "taken care of" Norwitski, and the current $8m dollar contract is extremely suspicious (lower than the previously announced $10m).

If so, this is what allowed Cuban to make a massive overbid on Parsons, and they should be investigated by the NBA.

#9 SadLakerFan

SadLakerFan

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 123 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

Maybe McHale should be sent to investigate.

#10 jimmypage

jimmypage

• Members
            • Pip
            • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."  Who said this?  Albert Einstein or Daryl Morey?  What, you don't think Dr. Morey is in the same league as the father of physics?  Just take a look at Dr. Morey's face.  Study it closely.  Is that the face of a genius?  Or the face of a man who loves banana cream pie?  It doesn't matter because your peanut brain could never fathom the intricate machinations of Dr. Morey's mind anyway.  Are you a genius?  I didn't think so.  Take Parsons.  Anyone who knows anything thought it was a no brainer to match the Mavs.  Red94 thought it was a done deal:  "Trevor Ariza at 8 is very good value, undoubtedly better value than the money the team will be paying Chandler Parsons once they match his offer sheet later today."  But like a bolt of lightning, the Mad Genius strikes again.  And now that Zarathustra has spoken, everyone agrees, yes, what the great googly-moogly were we thinking?!  Of course we can't match that "ridiculous" contract!  Dr. Morey saves us again!  For those of you that have a life, you might be thinking, wait didn't we have Parsons locked up for another year at a buck and a half?  Yes we did.  And didn't Dr. Morey cut Mr. P loose so that we could sign him to a long term contract by matching any offer?  Yes he did.  So why didn't we match?  Because someone made a "ridiculous" offer that was unmatchable that's why peanut head!  But why didn't our Mad Genius foresee this?  Because it was unforeseeable.  Never happened before.  It was sicker than Riley maxing out Bosh when any fool would have just started rebuilding.  Ask yourself this:  When was the last time someone made a "ridiculous" unmatchable offer to a restricted free agent that everyone thought for sure was staying with his team?  That's right never!  That's the definition of unforeseeable!  It doesn't matter anyway.  We're practically a lock for Rondo or Love.  Obviously the Rockets are at the top of their list.  Wouldn't playing for the Rockets be at the top of your list?  Even without Rondo or Love, we are no worse than last year.  So we didn't get a home run.  At least we got a double or even a triple.  Harden will be better.  Patrick will have a break-out year.  Howard's getting younger and stronger.  And best of all, we're going to see.................Canaansanity!

#11 Steven

Steven

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 1,692 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

Welcome JimmyPage to the Canaan Truthers!!!

I am president, JG and his bow-tie is VP, guess you can be treasurer if you want it.

#12 dkh750il

dkh750il

• Members
                • Pip
                • 15 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:26 AM

jimmypage is a God!

#13 dkh750il

dkh750il

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 15 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

"Am I the only one to suspect that Norwitzski and Cuban do under-the-table payments?"

Never thought of that! That makes a lot of sense.

#14 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                    • 3,256 posts
                    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:36 AM

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."  Who said this?  Albert Einstein or Daryl Morey?  What, you don't think Dr. Morey is in the same league as the father of physics?  Just take a look at Dr. Morey's face.  Study it closely.  Is that the face of a genius?  Or the face of a man who loves banana cream pie?  It doesn't matter because your peanut brain could never fathom the intricate machinations of Dr. Morey's mind anyway.  Are you a genius?  I didn't think so.  Take Parsons.  Anyone who knows anything thought it was a no brainer to match the Mavs.  Red94 thought it was a done deal:  "Trevor Ariza at 8 is very good value, undoubtedly better value than the money the team will be paying Chandler Parsons once they match his offer sheet later today."  But like a bolt of lightning, the Mad Genius strikes again.  And now that Zarathustra has spoken, everyone agrees, yes, what the great googly-moogly were we thinking?!  Of course we can't match that "ridiculous" contract!  Dr. Morey saves us again!  For those of you that have a life, you might be thinking, wait didn't we have Parsons locked up for another year at a buck and a half?  Yes we did.  And didn't Dr. Morey cut Mr. P loose so that we could sign him to a long term contract by matching any offer?  Yes he did.  So why didn't we match?  Because someone made a "ridiculous" offer that was unmatchable that's why peanut head!  But why didn't our Mad Genius foresee this?  Because it was unforeseeable.  Never happened before.  It was sicker than Riley maxing out Bosh when any fool would have just started rebuilding.  Ask yourself this:  When was the last time someone made a "ridiculous" unmatchable offer to a restricted free agent that everyone thought for sure was staying with his team?  That's right never!  That's the definition of unforeseeable!  It doesn't matter anyway.  We're practically a lock for Rondo or Love.  Obviously the Rockets are at the top of their list.  Wouldn't playing for the Rockets be at the top of your list?  Even without Rondo or Love, we are no worse than last year.  So we didn't get a home run.  At least we got a double or even a triple.  Harden will be better.  Patrick will have a break-out year.  Howard's getting younger and stronger.  And best of all, we're going to see.................Canaansanity!

Another fun post, Jimmy.  First, please try to avoid the f-bombs and name-calling.  You are new here, so consider this a friendly introduction and all will be well.  In case you are looking, I edited it out already.  Probably should have taken out "peanut brain" as well...

Now, I'd just like to delineate myself from your sweeping generalization that "Red94 thought it was a done deal".  Up until Bosh took Miami's offer...yes.  Once Bosh walked I was of the belief Parsons was gone.  That is all.  :)

Steven, don't forget RBF.  He is a Canaan Truther as well.

#15 Steven

Steven

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1,692 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

Sweet. The movement is growing.

#16 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • 3,726 posts
                      • Locationhouston

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

@Steven

C'mom Steven you forgot me :(

#17 Steven

Steven

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPipPip
                      • 1,692 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:58 AM

The list is so long, sometimes you overlook the most important. JG is newest to the movement, so it's fresher in my mind. I apologize for my forgetfulness.

#18 dkh750il

dkh750il

• Members
                        • Pip
                        • 15 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

wow rondo would be great for this team, houston needs the assists and his tenaciousness/toughness. i don't know if it is a championship team, but it seems like a great match.

#19 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                          • PipPipPipPipPip
                          • 1,679 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

I was clearly one of the Red94 regulars pushing for the Rockets to sign Parsons to that terrible contract.

Until I realized just what was in that contract----the Poison Pill all but making Parsons untradeable.

Funny how Parsons rails about how badly the Rockets handled this without admitting that his (or his agent's) request for the Poison Pill was the Final Nail in the Coffin.

Edited by rocketrick, 16 July 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#20 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 180 posts
                            • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

wow rondo would be great for this team, houston needs the assists and his tenaciousness/toughness. i don't know if it is a championship team, but it seems like a great match.

Spent a few hours last night discussing this potential move with a buddy of mine from Boston. Rondo is basically the only trading chip the Celts have at this point, so they're going to use it to the best of their ability. Unless they are in full fledged tank/"rebuild" mode, we don't really have anything to offer at this point aside from our starting 5 (and maybe D-Mo). Our only leverage in that situation was the recently departed CP. Maybe playing for another Celtic great is a draw for Rajon, but I can also see him getting frustrated with our lack of coaching ability late in games/the season when the playoffs are looming.

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users