Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 01:42 AM) one bullet left in the chamber is diff than fully loaded and ready to go. Still stupid...but not like he was prepared for a shooting spree.
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) http://www.tmz.com/2...t-get-arrested/
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) So according to TMZ (I know, I know) Dwight Howard had an incident last month in which he took a loaded gun into an airport, but he was allowed to give it to a friend to take it back and wasn't arrested.
@  jorgeaam : (31 August 2015 - 10:45 PM) The Los Angeles Rockets, lol
@  redfaithful : (31 August 2015 - 09:51 PM) Seems that Chuck is also on his way to the Clippers.
@  slick shoes : (24 August 2015 - 06:14 PM) ill just leave this here...
@  slick shoes : (24 August 2015 - 06:14 PM) http://www.timeandda...04&font=cursive
@  timetodienow... : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) At least in my opinion.
@  timetodienow... : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) I love having Terry. But the main factor was that New Orleans will NOT compete for a championship this year and the Rockets will.
@  jorgeaam : (21 August 2015 - 03:57 AM) Things that make me like the JET even more

Photo

LeBron's heading to Cleveland, is a Bosh move next?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

New post: LeBron's heading to Cleveland, is a Bosh move next?
    By: Forrest Walker

The big news has finally hit, and the adage was right: where there's smoke, there's fire, and LeBron is back in Cleveland. A mere week ago this seemed like idle speculation and whimsy. Today, however, the news broke via an article by Sports Illustrated's Lee Jenkins.

Not only is this huge news for the league at large, but huge news for the Rockets, who have been waiting to strike at Chris Bosh. Bosh has reportedly expressed a preference to stay in Miami with James, but has also reportedly preferred Houston as a landing spot should that fall through.

It'a fallen through, now, and the first domino has fallen. Morey and the Rockets front office now have approximately two days to attempt to negotiate not only a potential Bosh signing, but also the requisite cap-clearing moves already lined up. This is only step one, but what a step one.

#2 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
    • 2,296 posts
    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

Someone needs to make a movie about this, what a script.
    How sweet it is!

#3 majik19

majik19

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 265 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

I hope the "lined up" requisite cap clearing actually goes through. Keep seeing speculation about issues with the Asik deal. Also wondering if Philly, knowing how badly we need to unload Lin, up the price. 

With the worry warts out of the way, wow, what a starting lineup for next season: Bev, Harden, Parsons, Bosh, and Howard. And if you match the units correctly, you could have two superstars on the floor at ALL times. And, for rim protection, if you stagger Bosh and Howard some, you still have the goal of 48 minute rim protection (although Bosh is a step down from Howard, remember that he anchored Miami's defense the last few years). 

#4 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,594 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

In order to get Bosh at full max don't we have to lose jones and motie in order to also match parsons? Something to do with the apron? I could be wrong , but that's what i remember. Now the 80 something million isn't his full max.

Why so Serious? :D

#5 SadLakerFan

SadLakerFan

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 172 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

Absolutely unbelievable, but it's the right decision for Lebron - he will retire a hero no matter what happens. How can Bosh NOT take the Rockets' offer. As far as Parsons goes, he is a huge risk at $46 million/3 years - if thing go poorly and he regresses at all, he will be a negative asset at that price. But, if you're rolling the dice on the next 3 years, you do it and pray that management can fill out the roster. The final piece will be the most difficult one - finding the right coach.

#6 Freebird

Freebird

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 236 posts
        • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

Someone needs to make a movie about this, what a script.

I'd pay money to see that in a few years.  How long until the conspiracy theories start?  He planned it with Gilbert, leaves for 4 years, Cleveland gets Stern's sympathy and happens to "win" 3/4 no. 1 picks, and suddenly LBJ comes back with a butt load of talent/potential/etc?  :)

Imagine Wiggins' thinking right now.  #1 pick going to a bad team, suddenly teamed up with the King?  Da-a-a-amn.

Still wondering if we can wheel and deal into Rondo as well.  I'm greedy, I know it.

#7 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 336 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

I'd pay money to see that in a few years.  How long until the conspiracy theories start?  He planned it with Gilbert, leaves for 4 years, Cleveland gets Stern's sympathy and happens to "win" 3/4 no. 1 picks, and suddenly LBJ comes back with a butt load of talent/potential/etc?   :)

Imagine Wiggins' thinking right now.  #1 pick going to a bad team, suddenly teamed up with the King?  Da-a-a-amn.

Still wondering if we can wheel and deal into Rondo as well.  I'm greedy, I know it.

With what we'd have to give up, I'm a bit gun shy on gutting our 2nd unit any further. We saw what happened with Bev went down last season. No bench = many losses.

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#8 Xamustard

Xamustard

• Members
        • Pip
        • 12 posts
        • LocationHouston

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Morey has put the Rockets in position to sign a max-level-free-agent four summers in a row. J. Harden two summers ago, D. Howard last summer, C. Bosh this summer, and someone next summer if this summer didn't/doesn't work out. That's insane. And the Rockets made the playoffs the first year with Harden. I am a fan of this GM. There is no denying Morey's abilities.

#9 SadLakerFan

SadLakerFan

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 172 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

<br /><br /><p>Wiggins to Minnesota? Straight up or 1st round pick necessary?</p>

#10 Xamustard

Xamustard

• Members
          • Pip
          • 12 posts
          • LocationHouston

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

Who's starting five do you take now, assuming Bosh signs with the Rockets? 

#11 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,594 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Kyrie > Bev
          Harden > Waiters
          LBJ > Parsons
          Love > Bosh ( assuming they trade Wiggins for love).
          Howard > Varejao
          3rd big Thompson > Jones(although he's prob gone)
          3rd guard Canaan better than Cavs.
          Rest of bench = Cavs prob with guys taking paycuts.

This will be close. I'd say its a wash on paper.

#12 Xamustard

Xamustard

• Members
          • Pip
          • 12 posts
          • LocationHouston

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

This will be close. I'd say its a wash on paper.

Agreed. Any roster in the West? 

Edited by Xamustard, 11 July 2014 - 09:04 PM.

#13 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,594 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

Better than the Spurs on paper but with their chemistry It'd be very close.

We should be better than the thunder with 2 rim protectors and a boost on offense.

We won't win the west with a lack of depth but if we stay healthy I don't see a team we couldn't beat.

#14 Xamustard

Xamustard

• Members
          • Pip
          • 12 posts
          • LocationHouston

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

We won't win the west with a lack of depth...

Who is our back up PG?

#15 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,594 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

Canaan Or Nick. Hardens our de facto point anyway.

#16 Xamustard

Xamustard

• Members
          • Pip
          • 12 posts
          • LocationHouston

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

Canaan Or Nick. Hardens our de facto point anyway.

Rockets need a PG off the bench. 

#17 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,594 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

We do. If Nash is stretched and waived maybe him. Maybe jimmer? I think we could find somebody.

#18 Xamustard

Xamustard

• Members
          • Pip
          • 12 posts
          • LocationHouston

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Rockets are now the veteran destination...after the Bosh signing? 

#19 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,594 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

It depends. If you're an aging shooter that wants open shots? You go to Cleveland to play with Lebron. Everywhere else you go with fit. Houston needs a backup 1, 2, and 3. OKC needs a backup 3,4. Etc.... It's all about who's promising minutes. Why did granger not go to Miami last year. No guarantee of minutes with Allen Wade bosh Battier, etc... Plus there's not a ton of vets this year.

#20 dkh750il

dkh750il

• Members
          • Pip
          • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:47 PM

bosh signing with the heat fellas. time to break out PLAN Z.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users