Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  YaoMan : (23 October 2015 - 04:49 PM) Zach Lowe seems to think the Rox are the biggest threat to GSW: http://grantland.com...-16-nba-season/
@  cointurtlemoose : (23 October 2015 - 04:36 PM) Hey if yall want a good podcast to listen to, find the Dunc'd On Basketball Podcast on Itunes, Rahat just did a Rockets preview with the host.
@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash

Photo

Houston Rockets wait for Lebron James' decision

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

New post: Houston Rockets wait for Lebron James' decision
    By: rahat huq

First, as, at the time of writing, it still shockingly hasn't become outdated, check out our podcast from last night discussing the Chandler Parsons situation.  I thought for sure news would break last night, rendering much of that conversation obsolete.

For now, we sit and wait.  Would Lebron really leave for the World Cup without announcing his decision?  I can see it.  Why does he absolutely need to announce within the week?  I get that he's holding up the rest of the league, but should that really matter?  He shouldn't rush his own timeline just to convenience others who have hinged their decisionmaking processes upon him.  And he hasn't even made a spectacle of this.  It's our own fault for staking out at his house, interpreting the coding on his web site, and speculating upon his every move.  This has only seemed to drag out because we've created that situation by holding our breaths.  In reality, it's been just a few days.

I honestly think the only person who really looks bad right now is Chris Bosh who is proving he doesn't have the stones to make an adult decision for himself.  I get that Bosh wants to play with the greatest player in the world, and who wouldn't?  But he's holding up the Rockets who are working on a timeline to keep Chandler Parsons.  If he gives them a 'no' too late in the game, they might not have the breathing space to enact contingencies.  Some might point out the inconsistency in my beliefs: how can I decry Bosh's indecisiveness while defending James?  The difference here is that Bosh has a standing offer from the Rockets who are up against a time crunch.  The only parties waiting on James are ones with whom he has no privity (ie: other teams around the league, free agents, waiting to spend cash).

Still, we've known all along that Chris Bosh wasn't an alpha-dog and that's fine and well.  We'd still love to have him and he'd fit beautifully onto this team.

The latest was that Dwyane Wade was on a plane with Lebron James last night, headed back to Miami.  The speculation goes naturally that Wade's presence is as a closing pitch for Riley.  This really begs the question as to how Wade can hold any positive sway at all.  If I'm James, the mere sight of Wade is reinforcement to the belief that I have to get the hell out of South Beach.  Can the guy even walk at this point without pain?

I see a tweet right now, as I write this, that Chris Broussard "reports that Lebron still hung up on Gilbert letter."  You want Machiavellian?  A great way to stick it to Gilbert after that embarrassing spectacle would be consternate like this, leading everyone to believe you're coming back, and then at the last second go back to Miami claiming you just can't bring yourself to play under that guy after what he did.  Would Gilbert respond with another letter?

Lastly, the big news yesterday on the Rockets' front was that they actually had not received the signed offer sheet from Dallas until mid-afternoon.  Recall that the 72-hour clock does not start ticking until receipt.  When it was reported earlier in the morning that Houston actually did not have the contract in hand, I speculated upon whether Morey would dodge service.  This gave rise to many procedural questions.  Could the Mavs serve anyone on Houston's staff or did it have to specifically be Morey?  Did the Texas Rules come into play?  A reader suggested if Morey were to, say, get on a plane headed to India, the Mavs could motion for alternative service with the league.  Some suggested publication of the contract as notice.  Ultimately it was revealed that the league had altered its rules, after the Knicks' shenanigans a few summers back, to now allowing the sending team to serve the contract via electronic mail.  So there you go.  Grunwald and Knicks' officials evading of the Rockets in Vegas, regarding the Lin contract, still stands as my favorite NBA story of all-time.

Houston is on the clock.

#2 dbd

dbd

Rookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

During all these wild and wacky free agency, Rockets lost a few air tickets after wooing Lowry on the east coast.

Rockets hosted potential mate in Melo at home and Lin lost his # during that dating period.

Now Rockets lost their hair at least temporarily while waiting on signature from another potential mate in Bosh who prefer to spend his time with King.

Rumors said Rockets is prodding and flirting with other potential mates like Deng (sound of it was wired) and old partner like Ariza.

We all wonder any Love will blossom after all these chases. 

#3 John P

John P

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 111 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

I think its Cleveland for James. To go through all of this, have meetings, leading Cleveland to think they at least had the chance to get Lebron...you don't do that to screw the city again. Any we have heard nothing from Miami, other than signing two mediocre players. I say Lebron goes to Cleveland. Whether it happens as fast as we need it to...maybe not, but probably before Saturday afternoon, the latest Lebron can wait before going to WC.

The WC is perfect timing. Drop the bomb and then leave in the middle of all the feeding frenzy. I wonder what Miami will do. They didn't necessarily deserve the big 3 to begin with...and then left in game 6 last year. I don't think anyone will have any sympathy for them....not like Cleveland. Will they have a "Thanks Lebron" sign or something? I doubt it.

#4 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

I don't mind guys taking their time, its a huge decision. But in boshs case he does have a real deadline, if he passes on the rockets the next best spot is probably phx or Atl. Bosh and 50 games of wade probably is not a playoff team even in the east unless they have great depth which isn't the case. It be hard to believe he likes miami that much.

#5 majik19

majik19

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 280 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

I don't mind guys taking their time, its a huge decision. But in boshs case he does have a real deadline, if he passes on the rockets the next best spot is probably phx or Atl. Bosh and 50 games of wade probably is not a playoff team even in the east unless they have great depth which isn't the case. It be hard to believe he likes miami that much.

Sadly, Bosh and 50 games of Wade and whoever fills out that roster (McBob and 40 games of Granger!) IS still a playoff team out east. 

#6 uojoe82

uojoe82

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 123 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Sadly, Bosh and 50 games of Wade and whoever fills out that roster (McBob and 40 games of Granger!) IS still a playoff team out east. 

Bosh, 50 games of Wade, plus whoever the Heat get with the salary space that would've gone to Lebron is still a formidable team out East. 

#7 uojoe82

uojoe82

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 123 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

If Bosh sign's with the Rockets it doesn't fix what the team was seriously lacking, a "true" leader. The Rockets will have 3 max players but not a single leader. If they are counting on Beverley as their leader I'm not enthused.

#8 YaoMan

YaoMan

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 170 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

Lebron is going back to Cleveland. Woj and Marc Spears confirmed. Lebron and Dan Gilbert tweeted. Sign Bosh, match Parsons. Let's go!!!

#9 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 356 posts
                  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

Lebron is going back to Cleveland. Woj and Marc Spears confirmed. Lebron and Dan Gilbert tweeted. Sign Bosh, match Parsons. Let's go!!!

Lots of moves to make before this becomes a reality. Go go gadget Morey!

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#10 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 2,008 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

LeBron's essay is a good read.

#11 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

If Bosh sign's with the Rockets it doesn't fix what the team was seriously lacking, a "true" leader. The Rockets will have 3 max players but not a single leader. If they are counting on Beverley as their leader I'm not enthused.

Howard seemed more like he was going to take a bigger role and drop the goofball act. Given his history I have some doubts but we will find out I guess, it would be great because you're right bev can't be the guy.

#12 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 356 posts
                      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

Howard seemed more like he was going to take a bigger role and drop the goofball act. Given his history I have some doubts but we will find out I guess, it would be great because you're right bev can't be the guy.

Bosh brings in years of experience, both league and post season. He may not be the general we are looking for, but he should be respected his team mates regardless.

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users